What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Sanchez (1 Viewer)

Mark Sanchez gives new meaning to butt-fumble in home dance video

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

If you thought you'd heard your last butt-fumble joke, you'd better think again.

A video has surfaced online of Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez dancing with two girls. Dancing with two girls isn't the weird part, though. It's the fact that Sanchez shows his butt in the video.

For almost four full seconds of the 19-second clip, you can see Sanchez's bare butt.

Who dances with their bare butt out? The answer to that question used to be 'no one,' but now it's 'Mark Sanchez.'

The video at the top of the page is only a seven-second clip in which Sanchez's face is visible, but not his butt, because we don't post videos of butts here. They're not safe for work.

If you want to see Sanchez's butt, here's a link to the full video. HOWEVER, before you click it, let's make one thing clear: YOU WILL SEE Mark Sanchez's butt. There's no way around it. If looking at the bare butt of an NFL quarterback is frowned upon at work, you will not want to click this link.

This video probably won't help Sanchez win the Jets' starting job, but it might make Rex Ryan like him more because now Ryan doesn't have the most awkward video on YouTube. Foot fetish, anyone?

And, just because, here's the butt-fumble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Sanchez is 'dumb while being dumb,' ex-Jet says

By Dan Hanzus

Around the League Writer

Mark Sanchez's latest alleged "butt" video doesn't make him a bad guy. There's nothing wrong with a late night of listening to mediocre dance music while sharing the company of attractive area socialites with a penchant for e-cigarettes.

Still, it exhibited poor judgment by the New York Jetsquarterback, who should know better than to have anyone take video of him in a possibly inebriated, definitely pants-less state.Now a former teammate is saying he saved Sanchez from more Internet infamy earlier in his career. Erik Ainge, a backup quarterback with the Jets from 2008 to 2010, claims he once destroyed a cellphone after a woman used it to take a photo of Sanchez streaking in his condo following a Jetswin in 2009.

"There were numerous times when things would happen, when things would go down, articles of clothing would be removed," Ainge told Metro. "Mark is goofy. He played truth or dare. He was kind of awkward around girls, so he needed other people around him to help him out. I was good at that -- there were other guys who were good with that. So we'd help him out and talk him through his awkwardness. It happened to him with the 17-year-old who said she wasn't 17. Now the butt video and there's been several other issues just like that, but he's always had wingmen."

Ainge believes Sanchez allows people to take advantage of him.

"He's been a target in college and now he's a target in the NFL," said Ainge, who now hosts a radio show in Tennessee. "Now it's become a thing to try and catch Mark doing something stupid. He's never breaking the law. Look atAaron Hernandez. Mark Sanchez is child's play in the NFL, as far as off-the-field stuff.

"I'd know as good as anybody -- what Mark does off the field is child's play. He's dumb about it. He's stupid while being stupid. You have to be smart while being stupid, and he's dumb while being dumb. Look at the butt video. He needs someone he trusts there when Mark wants to go streaking through his own condo."

Ainge has had his own -- far more serious -- challenges in life, which should be considered here. But there's no denying Sanchez needs to be smarter.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

Mike Holmgren thinks Mark Sanchez will 'have a fine year' in 2013

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

July 3, 2013 1:56 pm ET

Mike Holmgren won a Super Bowl with Brett Favre, appeared in another Super Bowl with Matt Hasselbeck, and was one of the NFL's most successful coaches during his 17 years with the Packers and Seahawks. He also knows something about quarterbacks, which is why his comments about Mark Sanchez are noteworthy.

When training camp starts in three weeks, Sanchez, who has come to symbolize all that is wrong with the Jets, will try to fend off rookie Geno Smith for the starting job. In the last two seasons, the former first-round pick out of USC has completed 55.6 percent of his passes with 39 touchdowns, 36 interceptions and 24 fumbles -- including one that could come to define his career.

Holmgren, meanwhile, sounds unconcerned about Sanchez's progress as an NFL quarterback.

“I think actually he's going to have a fine year,” he said during a recent appearance on 950 KJR-AM in Seattle (via PFT).

There aren't many people who share Holmgren's opinion, but he does have some inside knowledge. New Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinwheg played quarterback for Holmgren in high school, and Holmgren had Mornhinwheg on his staff with the Packers. Holmgren also scouted Sanchez when he was coming out of USC in 2009 and was impressed with what he saw.

“I just liked his mechanics coming out of college. I really liked his mechanics,” Holmgren said. “He would be one of those guys -- I know he's taken a lot of flak and a lot of heat -- but he would have been one of those guys if I was still coaching I would really like to coach. … [Last year] was like the perfect storm. I just think he's a better player than that."

Sanchez is set to make $8.25 million in 2013, so the Jets are stuck with him for one more season. Beyond that, though, it's reasonable to think that he'll play out his NFL days as a backup somewhere other than New York. And if that doesn't pan out, there's always the lucrative world of homemade, half-naked workout dance videos.

Ahh, that magical time between mini-camps and training camp when all the teams will be 13-3, all the quarterbacks are 4,000 yard passers and all the women are good-looking.

Mark Sanchez set for 'Jets West'By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Two weeks before he reports to a make-or-break training camp with the New York Jets, Mark Sanchez will gather Thursday with about 15 teammates near his home in Southern California for "Jets West" -- his annual, players-only passing camp.

For three days, Sanchez will wear two hats -- quarterback and coordinator, running on-the-field workouts and leading film-study sessions.

He's certainly not acting like he's worried about losing his starting job to rookie Geno Smith -- and he's not talking that way, either. Sanchez all but predicted he will prevail in their open competition.

"When it's a straight-up competition for the job, let's roll," the embattled Sanchez said in a recent sitdown with ESPNNewYork.com. "It really doesn't bother me at all. It really doesn't affect my confidence or anything like that. We're competing for something. All right, I'm going to win. That's just how I am."

Publicly, the Jets' coaches are calling it an even race, although it became clear that Sanchez outplayed Smith in the spring, culminating with last month's minicamp.

Nevertheless, the competition is expected to last at least two preseason games, with the organization hoping that Smith, drafted in the second round, can make a serious run at the job. Sanchez, coming off his second straight 26-turnover season, has many skeptics, probably some in his own building.

The ever-optimistic Sanchez insisted he's the same quarterback who helped his team to back-to-back AFC Championship Games in 2009 and '10. But a frustrated fan base, still reliving the nightmare of the infamous "Butt Fumble," has run out of patience with Sanchez.

But he still wants to make it work in New York.

"I love being here, I love playing here," said Sanchez, who has a 33-29 starting record in four seasons. "We've tasted success here and we've seen that formula work and we're getting back to that. There was a little adversity last year. Call it a little, call it a lot, call it whatever. It doesn't affect the way I train, the way I work."

Sanchez unwittingly provided his critics with additional fodder recently when an embarrassing video hit the Internet. It shows him dancing semi-nude with two women at a house party, his shorts down to his knees and his backside in full view.

He has yet to comment on the video, but he will be asked about it Friday at "Jets West." Initially, the event was closed to the media, but Sanchez, in a possible public-relations move, decided last week to have one day of media availability.

The other issue surrounding "Jets West" is whether Smith will show up to it. It's open to all skill-position players, but Smith initially expressed reluctance about participating. As of Wednesday night, it was unclear if he will attend.

In two weeks, Sanchez and Smith will battle each other in a microanalyzed competition. For Sanchez, it could be a career changer. If he fails to resurrect his career, he'll be playing elsewhere in 2014.

"Competition can be a very good thing," former Jets quarterback Mark Brunell, a close friend of Sanchez, said Wednesday in a phone interview. "You've got a kid the organization is excited about, drafting [smith] that high. That could be motivation for Mark.

"Mark's not a young quarterback anymore. He knows how the game works. I think he'll respond well. It's really a critical year for him. This is his fifth year. It's time to get things going."

For the record, Brunell said he expects Sanchez to win the job.

The now-retired Brunell attended "Jets West" in 2011, but he never was a serious threat to Sanchez's job. He was a big brother to Sanchez, a stabilizing influence. It's a different dynamic with Smith, and it would be awkward if he shows up Thursday. Then again, Tim Tebow participated last year. As it turned out, Tebow never challenged Sanchez, who wound up getting benched late in the year for third-stringer Greg McElroy.

Sanchez said he's ready for anyone and anything. He still believes it can be 2010 again.

"I've been that guy; nothing has changed," he said. "The results haven't been what we wanted, but I haven't changed. You don't just switch and say, 'This year, I'm going to do it.' You have to be that guy at all times.

"I'm confident I can go out and make the plays for this team to win. You can't guarantee wins and you can't promise anything like that, but I know we'll be the best-prepared team and the hardest-working team. We'll have the potential to have a good season."

i predict he lasts 8 games and then becomes Brady Quinn.
Sanchez will probably be yanked some point this but hes set up for failure along with Rex. Look at that offensive line, look at the WRs, Kellen Winslow is the starting TE, the best skilled position on the team is Chris Ivory. I don't even think Tom Brady would give you an 8-8 season if he was QB there this yr.

Anyone got an estimated time for how long Sanchez lasts with the NYJ?
He might stick on the roster but i would be shocked if he starts one game... He has no rope with the fans, and pick any fumble he will be booed out of the bldg Only reason he will stay on roster or may stay on roster is his cap hit, which is onerous, but a June 1 wait, idzik might swallow that, and eat 4mill next year.. Ugh he's horrible just horrible
Less than one game.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Mark Sanchez is likely to require surgery on his right (throwing) shoulder after Wednesday's visit to Dr. James Andrews confirmed a labral tear in the joint.
He does have the option of resting and rehabbing. Either way, the labrum tear is almost certainly season ending, correspondingly meaning Sanchez has likely taken his last snap as a Jet. He's owed a non-guaranteed $2 million roster bonus next March and will likely hit injured reserve soon. Sanchez's injury happened when Rex Ryan left him in the preseason finale behind backup offensive linemen. The Jets will move forward with Matt Simms and Brady Quinn behind Geno Smith. While a big story all things considered, the Jets had already turned the page on Sanchez and his loss will in no way affect their 2013 season.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Rotoworld:

An unnamed coach told the New York Post that Mark Sanchez "would be a starter as soon as he walked in the door for us."

The coach of this quarterback-needy team said his organization has already internally discussed adding Sanchez in anticipation of the Jets releasing the former No. 5 overall pick. Yes, somebody still thinks highly of a quarterback coming off labrum surgery on his throwing shoulder and 52 turnovers between 2011-12. Some possibilities include the Raiders, Jaguars, Vikings and Texans -- each of which are expected to draft a quarterback in May. Perhaps the 27-year-old Sanchez will be seen as a bridge guy for a rookie. The top quarterback free agents available right now are Michael Vick, Josh McCown, Josh Freeman, Shaun Hill and Chad Henne.

Source: New York Post

Rotoworld:

An unnamed coach told the New York Post that Mark Sanchez "would be a starter as soon as he walked in the door for us."

The coach of this quarterback-needy team said his organization has already internally discussed adding Sanchez in anticipation of the Jets releasing the former No. 5 overall pick. Yes, somebody still thinks highly of a quarterback coming off labrum surgery on his throwing shoulder and 52 turnovers between 2011-12. Some possibilities include the Raiders, Jaguars, Vikings and Texans -- each of which are expected to draft a quarterback in May. Perhaps the 27-year-old Sanchez will be seen as a bridge guy for a rookie. The top quarterback free agents available right now are Michael Vick, Josh McCown, Josh Freeman, Shaun Hill and Chad Henne.

The unnamed coach? It was Rex Ryan. :hophead:

Rotoworld:

I thought he forfeited his remaining college eligibility.

I like Sanchez probably more than most, but hard to see him just being handed a starting job at this point.

Any chance whatsoever that Sanchez has something of a Testaverde-like career renaissance at some point? When players turn it around like that, do pundits actually kind of see it coming?

Any chance whatsoever that Sanchez has something of a Testaverde-like career renaissance at some point? When players turn it around like that, do pundits actually kind of see it coming?
Testeverde had a Cannon arm and Talent.......

At best Sanchez is a game manager if he could one day figure out how to manage a game and not turn the ball over

Doug B said:
There have always been "glimpses" with Sanchez. As a Jets fan, I've come to realize the QB issue is one of two things; either the Jets' overall philosophy forces decisions on QBs and they tend to turn the ball over or they have cornered the market on "turn over machines" between Sanchez and Geno...I am going to go with the former, and therefor there could be some hope.

It doesn't say head coach so i'm guessing it's a buddy of his who's like a wr coach or somethng. He's not good.

Pete says Sanchez will be 'better than ever'

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

NEWARK, N.J. -- Mark Sanchez didn't receive Pete Carroll's blessing when he left USC as an underclassman, but he received an endorsement Tuesday from his old college coach.

The Seattle Seahawks' coach, speaking at Super Bowl XLVIII media day, believes the New York Jets' former starting quarterback can rebound from his 2013 washout and become a productive player again in the league.

"Mark has everything ahead of him," Carroll said. "As often happens when you get the break, when you get to take a step back and observe and analyze and assess what's going on, you come back even stronger. I think that's what will happen with Mark. Hopefully, for him, it'll happen in New York. Wherever he winds up after that, if that doesn't work out, Mark is a good football player. I think he'll be better than ever."

Maybe Carroll and Sanchez will be reunited. Hey, you never know.

Sanchez, who missed the entire season because of surgery on his throwing shoulder, faces an uncertain future with the Jets, especially with Geno Smith's encouraging finish. Sanchez is under contract through 2016, but his current salary-cap charge ($13.1 million) is prohibitive. They may try to trade him before March 25, when a $2 million roster bonus is due. Failing that, they probably would release him. They'd clear $8.3 million in cap room by parting ways. Sanchez has said he'd like to return, but he'd have to take a significent pay cut -- and he may not be willing to do that, forcing the Jets' hand.

Carroll could be looking for a quarterback because his backup, Tarvaris Jackson, will be a free agent. Carroll is a longtime admirer of Sanchez, but he was publicly critical of Sanchez's decision to turn pro after the 2008 season.

Video Link:

Interest in possible free agent Mark Sanchez?

With his expected release around the corner, who will be interested in quarterback Mark Sanchez? Boomer and Carton discuss possible new homes for Sanchez.
They mention Jax and CLE.

Boomer says it was the Jets' messing with a good thing (errm) by bringing in Sparano and Tebow. That seems really weak to me.

I'd say if he really wants to resurrect his career for the long haul he ought to go to a team with an established offensive coordinator and be willing to back up and wait and see if he gets a chance to start during the season. Maybe he should try to sign up with Norv Turner in MIN for instance.

Rotoworld:

The New York Post reports Mark Sanchez underwent arthroscopic knee surgery during the season.
The surgery was considered minor and shouldn't impact his availability for the offseason. Sanchez is expected to be released by the Jets before he's owed a $2 million roster bonus in March.

Source: Brian Costello on Twitter

Rotoworld:

ESPN Raiders blogger Paul Gutierrez considers Oakland a landing spot for Mark Sanchez this offseason.
Sanchez is expected to be released before he's owed a $2 million roster bonus in March. The Raiders are looking for a pocket-passer to run OC Greg Olson's offense, so Sanchez could be viewed as a veteran upgrade on Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin. Despite coming off labrum surgery and two straight tunrover-prone seasons, Sanchez has drawn interest as a starter from at least one team. An unnamed coach told the New York Post last month that his organization has already discussed adding Sanchez in anticipation of him being released.

Related: Raiders

Source: ESPN.com

I'd be interested in Sanchez as a backup for the Eagles. I think he has some talent but everything snowballed in NY against him. A veteran backup looking to resurrect his career is better than a 2nd year Matt Barkley or another 4th round or later rookie IMO.

Sanchez definitely needs a change of scenery but I just dot get the hate.....would love to have him as a backup or stop gap guy but just not with the Jets.....when he has a good D and running game he can win games.....I agree with Boomer to a certain extent - he had a defensive coach with lousy OCs and very average offensive weapons the past few yrs along with Tebow circus....dont get me wrong - he had his chances with the Jets so its time to move on.....I think sitting out the year is a good thing for him and would not be shocked to see him be a decent starter in the league in the future - certainly not Vinny comeback but maybe a Trent Dilfer type of career.

Rotoworld:

Mark Sanchez (shoulder) is "on course" for Week 1, and has resumed throwing.

Both GM John Idzik and coach Rex Ryan dodged questions about Sanchez's Jets future on Thursday. "Let’s just let it play out," Ryan said. Owed a $2 million roster bonus next month, Sanchez is in his final days with Gang Green.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Rotoworld:

A source tells ESPN New York that Mark Sanchez has a 20-30 percent chance of returning to the Jets in 2014.
That estimate sounds like it's on the high side and it assumes Sanchez would be willing to take a massive paycut. The more likely and widely reported scenario has the Jets simply moving on before Sanchez's $2 million roster bonus is due on March 25. They've already been linked to handful of free agent quarterbacks that would come in and actually challenge Geno Smith, including Michael Vick and Josh McCown.

Source: ESPN New York

Rotoworld:

A source tells ESPN New York that Mark Sanchez has a 20-30 percent chance of returning to the Jets in 2014.
That estimate sounds like it's on the high side and it assumes Sanchez would be willing to take a massive paycut. The more likely and widely reported scenario has the Jets simply moving on before Sanchez's $2 million roster bonus is due on March 25. They've already been linked to handful of free agent quarterbacks that would come in and actually challenge Geno Smith, including Michael Vick and Josh McCown.

I'd say the chances are more like 1%.

Rotoworld:

Profootballtalk reports there's still a chance Mark Sanchez remains with the Jets on a "revised deal."
It jibes with what NFL.com and ESPN New York reported last month. For whatever reason, the Jets are taking the decision down to the wire, but it would still be extremely surprising if Sanchez remained with Gang Green in 2014.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Rotoworld:

Mark Sanchez's $2 million roster bonus is due on March 25.
There's been no movement on the Sanchez front because the Jets don't have to make a move before the bonus due date. Although the chances are slim to none, it's possible the Jets are holding out hope a team offers them a conditional seventh-round pick for Sanchez. It's far likelier we'll see Sanchez cut this week, or early next week. The Raiders are expected to have interest.

Rotoworld:

Mark Sanchez's $2 million roster bonus is due on March 25.
There's been no movement on the Sanchez front because the Jets don't have to make a move before the bonus due date. Although the chances are slim to none, it's possible the Jets are holding out hope a team offers them a conditional seventh-round pick for Sanchez. It's far likelier we'll see Sanchez cut this week, or early next week. The Raiders are expected to have interest.

Funny, getting past the whole 'who'd trade for Sanchez' thing, if they really believed they could trade him I'd think the hottest time to trade someone was in that first week of free agency.

By March 25th, nearly everyone's been moved or been let go. The Jets should be clearing (even more) cap room.

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects the Texans to have interest in Mark Sanchez "if/when he's released."
Sanchez is expected to be cut before March 25, when his $2 million roster bonus comes do. RapSheet seems to be forecasting a Matt Schaub-for-Sanchez switcheroo in Houston. The Texans at this point are expected to pass on a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick in May's draft. It's entirely possible Sanchez winds up as Bill O'Brien's Week 1 starter, based on the most recent reports.

Related: Texans

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

I'm no GM, but I'd give up a 6th or 7th. If nothing else, I think he's a better backup than a lot of the detritus floating around the league.

If a fraud like Whitehurst can keep getting paychecks, I don't see why there'd be no market for Butt Fumble.

I'm no GM, but I'd give up a 6th or 7th. If nothing else, I think he's a better backup than a lot of the detritus floating around the league.

If a fraud like Whitehurst can keep getting paychecks, I don't see why there'd be no market for Butt Fumble.
I'm going to guess Harbaw had his shot and passed in favor of Gabbert.

Assuming the Texans are taking a QB w/ #1 (pretty balls for a new HC to not take a QB in yr 1 and go with a vet thats been cut) theres Minny, TB, Cle & Jax all with major starting QB issues (I know TB signed McCown buts he a life long back up). Now toss in the teams that will hold open challenges (Zona, Tenn & StL) and mark should have plenty of phone calls this morning.

I'd like to see him Minny myself, Nov would get the most out of him.

Assuming the Texans are taking a QB w/ #1 (pretty balls for a new HC to not take a QB in yr 1 and go with a vet thats been cut) theres Minny, TB, Cle & Jax all with major starting QB issues (I know TB signed McCown buts he a life long back up). Now toss in the teams that will hold open challenges (Zona, Tenn & StL) and mark should have plenty of phone calls this morning.

I'd like to see him Minny myself, Nov would get the most out of him.
Texans seems like a good fit. Not sure of some of the others. Some of those teams like Minny Clev Jax TB Tenn have a vet and will draft a rook so don't really see the need for another vet in the mix

ETA: just saw texans signed Fitzpatrick so scratch that.

Users who are viewing this thread