What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2012 FBG Subscriber Contest Thread (3 Viewers)

The Cutoff according to OC's live scoring at the gun was about 133.3. That said, it seems like the live scoring is delayed about 10 or 15 minutes. If I'm still awake in 30 minutes I'll run it again.

172+ with room to add. Past all of my meaningful BYE weeks. Only team with Bryant, Antonio Brown, Decker, and Calvin. Fingers crossed.

The Cutoff according to OC's live scoring at the gun was about 133.3. That said, it seems like the live scoring is delayed about 10 or 15 minutes. If I'm still awake in 30 minutes I'll run it again.
I am sitting at 134.85. Have Feely as well at -12.I assume I wil be out.Calvin killed me.Jordy Nelson out0s from Ogletree/Smith/Royal/Royster0 points for WR3.1 points for RB2Gronk almost saved me.

Safe again at 183.6

Props to Ryan, Ridley, McFadden,Peterson, Marshall, and Decker...with an assist from Medlock finally. Minor thanks to Bears D/ST and Wright.

164.25 and done for the week.

no byes at all in week 9

no one that's contributing on bye in week 10

only one that has me worried in week 11 is ADP

141.35 might sneak through. calvin johnson has been killing me, of course. too many hurt players (hernandez, amendola, benson, pierre garcon) to really have a chance to go much farther

165.4.... I seriously have no idea how I am still in it. Take a gander at my team "craiggebz" and tell me you wouldnt bet your life savings that I would be out of it. Only if you have savings ;)

One strategy I can say helped is owning 4 kickers and 4 Defenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm not posting in here this week, it's not because I've lost interest, we're just hunkered down prepping for Frankenstorm and I'm told it's likely that we'll lose power. Good luck to everyone, with the storm and the contest. :thumbup:

'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
If I'm not posting in here this week, it's not because I've lost interest, we're just hunkered down prepping for Frankenstorm and I'm told it's likely that we'll lose power. Good luck to everyone, with the storm and the contest. :thumbup:
Stay safe.

What an awesome post - thanks!I've always wanted to see a MNF scoreboard like that.I see 436 entries within 20 points of the cutline that still have players remaining.Over half of those are just 1 player remaining.Based on that I'd guestimate 142 or 143 to be very safe this week.

'kardplayer said:
Here's a link to the team scores as I have them, plus how many MNF players they have. Would love to include the actual players, but haven't figured out how to do it easily. Maybe for next week...https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmSV5aHfLpnkdHNwWUM0bjhJQ1BycXE0eG82cEJNelE

'kardplayer said:
And here's a link to the players left.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmSV5aHfLpnkdFpNY216d3NhczZ4aFo5UVUwUkhYTGc
So just to explain...Low position is the score that player has to overcome to count. So for team 105932, Alex Smith needs to get 32.9 before he starts counting.Flex is what that team's current flex score is. Obviously this only matters for RB/WR/TE, but it's there for everyone just for giggles (for this week).

Done at 131.75.

Rolling along through the year looking strong. And then...

Bress puts up his lowest score of the year with Fitzpatrick on a bye and...

Cruz could have doubleD his points yesterday and it still would have been his lowest output of the season and...

Calvin dropping easy TD passes on his way to 7.6 points...

A combined 2.6 points from my trio of cheap WRs, Henderson, Hankerson and Royal. One of these guys had counted every week with a low count of 12.7 and...

Gates is a piece of #### and...

4 points from 3 Ds who'd been averaging about 10 and...

The perfect storm of ####tiness hit me hard.

My link

So terribly unlucky :thumbdown:

167.5 with Housler to go. Looks like I'm rolling on to the next round. I gotta say, Ronnie Brown has helped me three times this year so far. Hoping to survive next week then Amendola could potentially come back, which would be huge.

Crushed this week with 206.5! Thanks to Titus Young, Doug Martin, Lawrence Tynes, McGahee, Decker... all having great scores this week.

Survived Fosters bye with 163.1. Dwyer, McCluster and Quizz coming through in the clutch. Only significant bye left is Percy Harvin. Hoping my inconsistent RB group of Foster/Dwyer/McCluster/Quizz/Wilson/Kev Smith/Royster and Benson will be enough to let me hang in.

153.05 and I'm done. Barring something really crazy tonight I should be safe. Nothing fancy, just another journeyman's effort out of my roster -- no one went off, but I only had to count 1 single-digit score (Def).

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
:goodposting:Me too :)My ghost entry woulda been 159 + (Manningham - 12.7) btw.-QG

Tonight's game shouldn't move the meter that much. Only 3496 total mangames for 4011 entries (including staff):

Alex Smith 101

Gore 183

K Hunter 268

Manningham 245

Kyle Williams 6

Crabtree 143

V Davis 364

R Moss 145

D Walker 20

Akers 239

SF Def 867

Kolb 5

Skelton 116

Ryan Williams 226

Stephens-Howling 17

B Wells 33

A Roberts 113

Doucet 28

L Fitzgerald 72

Housler 42

Heap 49

Michael Floyd 58

J King 4

Feely 49

Cardinals Def 103

Good luck Turk-Sweaters!

-QG

don't feel good about my chances when my WR core of Cruz, Jordy, Moore and Cobb only produced one TD. And my gaff of having 2 DEF on bye. Oh well...

Sitting at 136.8 with Manningham -9.30 and Hunter -8.90 remaining. Should be a fun game tonight. Good Luck to everyone

'tinkertailor said:
'Bankerguy said:
On average how much does the cut move up on MNF?Any educated guesses?
I was about to ask the same question. I am sitting at 147.
There's not average amount. I believe it's always been between 3 and 25 points.Dependant on the teams playing and how many people hold players playing.Dependant on the percentage being clipped that week.Dependant on the number of teams on a bye.

'QuizGuy66 said:
Tonight's game shouldn't move the meter that much. Only 3496 total mangames for 4011 entries (including staff):Alex Smith 101Gore 183K Hunter 268Manningham 245Kyle Williams 6Crabtree 143V Davis 364R Moss 145D Walker 20Akers 239SF Def 867Kolb 5Skelton 116Ryan Williams 226Stephens-Howling 17B Wells 33A Roberts 113Doucet 28L Fitzgerald 72Housler 42Heap 49Michael Floyd 58J King 4Feely 49Cardinals Def 103Good luck Turk-Sweaters!-QG
'tinkertailor said:
'Bankerguy said:
There's not average amount. I believe it's always been between 3 and 25 points.Dependant on the teams playing and how many people hold players playing.Dependant on the percentage being clipped that week.Dependant on the number of teams on a bye.
B&B is right. But going by what Quiz guy posted, I'm guessing the line doesn't move more than 12 points or so. Even 12 might be high. Hold a gun to my head and I'll guess the dude with 147 is safe.

I see, at least for my team, OC's live scoring has Dexter McCluster listed as WR and not RB. Wondering the impact of him being listed as a RB would have on the cut line? For me it's going to reduce my score because my WR's are so bad but have to think most teams are going to benefit getting a 18.5 RB for the week. With him as a WR I'm done at 148, with him as a RB I'm down to 143.1 and sweating it out.

I see, at least for my team, OC's live scoring has Dexter McCluster listed as WR and not RB. Wondering the impact of him being listed as a RB would have on the cut line? For me it's going to reduce my score because my WR's are so bad but have to think most teams are going to benefit getting a 18.5 RB for the week. With him as a WR I'm done at 148, with him as a RB I'm down to 143.1 and sweating it out.
Would think it would push the cut up. Number of remaining owners with McCluster plusFoster 52Rice 64Spiller 17FJax 34Murray 21Mendy 77

'QuizGuy66 said:
Tonight's game shouldn't move the meter that much. Only 3496 total mangames for 4011 entries (including staff):Alex Smith 101Gore 183K Hunter 268Manningham 245Kyle Williams 6Crabtree 143V Davis 364R Moss 145D Walker 20Akers 239SF Def 867Kolb 5Skelton 116Ryan Williams 226Stephens-Howling 17B Wells 33A Roberts 113Doucet 28L Fitzgerald 72Housler 42Heap 49Michael Floyd 58J King 4Feely 49Cardinals Def 103Good luck Turk-Sweaters!-QG
'tinkertailor said:
'Bankerguy said:
B&B is right. But going by what Quiz guy posted, I'm guessing the line doesn't move more than 12 points or so. Even 12 might be high. Hold a gun to my head and I'll guess the dude with 147 is safe.
12 points is really unlikely, and 5 may be too much. Unless the 49ers d goes off (they are the only highly owned team) I dont see much opportunity for impact. Where we are today is not going to move much.

Finished 17th last year, out in Week 8 this year. I thought 22 players would provide enough cushion to get past a couple of injuries, but Amendola, Benson, Garcon, Locker and DeMarco Murray is more than a couple.

:kicksrock:

Probably going back to a big roster next year.

Would think it would push the cut up. Number of remaining owners with McCluster plusFoster 52Rice 64Spiller 17FJax 34Murray 21Mendy 77
I reran the cutline with McCluster at RB. I get 133.10 as of kickoff.I will rerun the cutline around halftime and then after second half scores...

I am in total disbelief that I am still in this.

Do not think my group of players can win this, but am excited to still be in this.

I have 3 defenses and kickers and really like having that many.

I picked a player I swore I would never have in fantasy football again, Reggie Bush and took a couple of chances that really paid off.

I also changed my team a few times instead of the 100 I did last year.

At halftime, here is the player's rank on their team (e.g. 25 of Alex Smith owners have him as the #1 QB, 68 have him as #2, etc.). Crabtree counts for everyone, as he is WR1, 2, or 3 and the flex for the one team where he is WR 4 (you can't tell this from the table, but I looked it up cause I like you guys)

Code:
	                1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	10	11Alex Smith	        25	68	8								Andre Roberts		        2	7	19	35	31	13	3	1		Arizona Cardinals	13	62	26	2							David Akers	        76	132	28	2							Delanie Walker	        6	8	5	1							Early Doucet	        4	5	9	5	5						Frank Gore	        23	63	56	32	8						Jay Feely	        1	24	19	4	1						Jeff King	        3		1								John Skelton	        2	63	38	11	1						Kendall Hunter	        3	34	69	80	55	18	7	2			Kevin Kolb		        1	4								LaMichael James		            	1	4	7	6	4	6	1	1	LaRod Stephens-Howling			8	6	1	2					Larry Fitzgerald		2	13	24	19	10	3	1			Mario Manningham		12	38	79	66	35	14	1			Michael Crabtree	61	61	19	1							Michael Floyd			         	1	20	12	14	5	4	2	Randy Moss				        10	41	47	30	6	8	1	1Robert Housler		        17	20	5							San Francisco 49ers	433	390	42	2							Vernon Davis	        86	216	56	6

Users who are viewing this thread