What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2012 FBG Subscriber Contest Thread (3 Viewers)

So with both SNF and MNF it could add up to approximately 30 points to where we stand now, correct?
that might be a little aggressive, but the current "published" cut line appears a little low also. your best "in the dark" estimate is the same percentile scoring from recent weeks (assuming same number of byes). Last week, the 37.5th percentile was 168ish. If scoring this week is a little lower (and it feels like it may be), then it will be a little lower than that.

Anyone know of a way to get live stats in a table format?I can convert and do a cutline plus publish a table with every team's live scoring, but I can't do 258 individual live scores
Sorry I'm 56 in other words very low tech.Really appreciate what you do every week though.

I need points... badly.

I have Rice, Dwyer, Miller, and the Ravens playing right now.

I have Marshall, Moss, and Gould (-17) playing tomorrow.

This is looking like my swan song but there is some hope.

The unofficial cutline has moved in the first half.

At the start of the games, it was 131.2.

NOW, it is 131.25.

Have to believe Boldin and the Ravens D are the only ones counting so far for most teams, unless they have only one of something (e.g. Flacco as only QB).

Here's a link so you can see where you stood at end of afternoon games.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmSV5aHfLpnkdE43dkQ5NWVyY2p1aGpTbk0wa1lHM0ECutline updates will be later. Given the low score (10-7 as I write this), it probably hasn't moved too much yet. It moves faster in the second half once the afternoon players are "passed" anyway...
Shows me at 735 with the cut line at 1000 I might just make it not getting my hopes up yet though.There is always Murphys law to consider.

Here's a link so you can see where you stood at end of afternoon games.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmSV5aHfLpnkdE43dkQ5NWVyY2p1aGpTbk0wa1lHM0ECutline updates will be later. Given the low score (10-7 as I write this), it probably hasn't moved too much yet. It moves faster in the second half once the afternoon players are "passed" anyway...
Shows me at 735 with the cut line at 1000 I might just make it not getting my hopes up yet though.There is always Murphys law to consider.
I'm rooting for you. I'm at 140.80 (788th), with Marshall and Torrey Smith (-5.9 and -5.5) and Robbie Gould (-14) to go.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me. The FFLTools link has McCluster listed and scored as a WR. But I selected him as a RB in the beginning of the contest. I'm guessing (and hoping) that this is a mistake and not representing my actual roster.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me. The FFLTools link has McCluster listed and scored as a WR. But I selected him as a RB in the beginning of the contest. I'm guessing (and hoping) that this is a mistake and not representing my actual roster.
Mistake he counts as RB.

Unofficial cutline at the final gun = 137.00

No live cutlines tomorrow, as I'll be at the Golden Goggle awards ceremony. I'm sure I'll update them when I get home, but not sure if that will be before game is over.

Mistake he counts as RB.
He's an RB in my database.Here's the live scoring by teamhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmSV5aHfLpnkdE43dkQ5NWVyY2p1aGpTbk0wa1lHM0EAs always, this is unofficial, as there are adjustments made + I'm completely manual, and I make a lot of mistakes!

Wow, somehow managed 171 even with Taiwan Jones' 1.3 scoring for me. looks like I live if Kardplayer is on, which is a safe bet. Good luck to the others in the final 1000 :football:

Keep in mind the FFL Tools site is a subscriber running a database and website out of the goodness of his heart - it's not official, just an easier way to check your score vs. having to do it manually.The only official source is the FBG listing that comes out Tuesday morning.

140.95 with only Alshon Jeffery (-6.3) left. Hopefully Campbell wont be lock on Marshall like Cutler does.

Keep in mind the FFL Tools site is a subscriber running a database and website out of the goodness of his heart - it's not official, just an easier way to check your score vs. having to do it manually.The only official source is the FBG listing that comes out Tuesday morning.
noted. just wanted some clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mistake he counts as RB.
He's an RB in my database.Here's the live scoring by teamhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmSV5aHfLpnkdE43dkQ5NWVyY2p1aGpTbk0wa1lHM0EAs always, this is unofficial, as there are adjustments made + I'm completely manual, and I make a lot of mistakes!
up to 665 now from 735.Starting to have a little hope now.Probably just the fantasy gods playin with me though.

Unofficial cutline at the final gun = 137.00No live cutlines tomorrow, as I'll be at the Golden Goggle awards ceremony. I'm sure I'll update them when I get home, but not sure if that will be before game is over.
Thanks for doing this. It is appreciated.

Matt Ryan finally did me in with Ponder and Peterson on a bye. Not even the Pats D could save me. Best of luck to those that move on!! Until next year...and I won't be back crowing about my ghost entry either! ;-)

With Gronkowski out, that may increase the odds for the teams with Graham at TE, and maybe more so for Hernandez owners if he can come back healthy. With the 1.5 PPR, I think having a stud TE can really differentiate teams in the finals, for those of us lucky enough to make it that far.

schaub and blackmon saved me from my 0.30 at the RB position. my squad will welcome lynch adn hopefully sproles back next week. my improbable continuation in this contest continues for another week.

First time truly sweating the line. 148.3 completely done. Need it to move 9 or less tonight. I'm guessing that has a lot to do with Marshall.

With Gronkowski out, that may increase the odds for the teams with Graham at TE, and maybe more so for Hernandez owners if he can come back healthy. With the 1.5 PPR, I think having a stud TE can really differentiate teams in the finals, for those of us lucky enough to make it that far.
Except for a team like mine that has both Graham and Gronkowski! Ugh....Worst possible injury that could have happened for me. I comfortably advanced despite basically zero's at the rb positions due to bye and injuries....but without Gronk...my hopes and dreams are up in smoke.....ugh.

828 out of 1000 it looks like. 144.5.

Need another snoozefest. Not feeling very good!

My only player is Alshon Jeffrey but he needs 10 points before he even counts. With Jason Campbell at QB against the 49ers I'm not confident.

Thanks to Blackmon (where did that come from?), I may survive another week. I'm at 152.6 with Gould (-15) and Hester (-11.1) going tonight. I'm hoping for a low-scoring game.

Next week I get Lynch back from bye and hopefully Sproles comes back as well.

My team is on life support. Currently at 124.75 and I have Gould (-4) and the Bears Defense (-7). I need for Gould

to score 10-12 points and the Bears to put up 20 pts and that might not be enough. I'm not confident, but it's

been fun while it lasted.

McGahee's injury certainly didn't help matters. Another 5-6 points would have helped.

I'm out with 125 pts. My QB's of Flacco, Ryan and Tannenhill netted me 9.75 and 3 RB of Mcgahee, Ridley and Mendenall totaled 24 pts add in kicker pts of 4. Never scored below 150 prior to this week.. Good luck to all.

My entire backfield contributed a grand total of 1.3 pts. That is including the QB position. :mellow:

That said, I still have a chance if Marshall puts up about 40 points. I'm at 119 with only Marshall (-11) to go.

Crazier things have happened, right? RIGHT?!?!

(freaking Vick & McFadden.... what was I thinking! :wall: )

Exactly what I'm hoping for.

Well to all of us sweating it...Alex Smith is out.

So with both starting QB's out, that pretty much guarantees that the line will move less than it would in a normal Monday night game.

Looks like 27 Alex Smith owners and 100 Jay Cutler owners. So it may not make much of an impact. But for some of us, it might be that close...

Some other numbers for tonight:

Matt Forte: 49 owners. So he shouldn't be nearly as impactful as you might think.

Michael Bush: 91 owners

Brandon Marshall: 415 owners. Marshall is the guy that is going to move the cutline dramatically.

Alshon Jeffrey: 109 owners

49ers: 297 owners

Bears: 136 owners

Crabtree: 75

Vernon: 101 owners

Gore: 58

Hunter: 101

I don't know how these numbers compare to the average Monday Night game...

But to me, the 49ers defense and Brandon Marshall are the biggest concerns. Surprisingly, Gore and Forte shouldn't move things all that much.

Was surprised to see less than 100 Gronk owners left, compared with the over 400 Graham owners.

It's been fun, but unless Gould has a field day tonight, my streak has come to an end. Sitting at 121 with Gould to go. Matt Ryan finally did me in as well.

Here's the breakdown for tonight's game for all players that have registered a statistic and were able to be picked:

Robbie Gould 425

Brandon Marshall 415

SF DEF 297

CHIC DEF 136

Alshon Jeffery 109

Kendall Hunter 101

Vernon Davis 101

Michael Bush 91

Mario Manningham 76

Michael Crabtree 75

David Akers 74

Frank Gore 58

Devin Hester 57

Matt Forte 49

Randy Moss 44

Kellen Davis 42

Earl Bennett 11

Delanie Walker 2

Kyle Williams 1

Jay Cutler (OUT) 100

Alex Smith (OUT) 27

So excluding Cutler and Smith, there are 2164 man-games across 1608 teams (staff entries are included)for an average of 1.35 per team

So there you go.

-QG

There are 341 teams within 20 points of the current cutline

Here are the breakdown of players on those teams:

Code:
Player	TeamsB Marshall	108Robbie Gould	9649ers    	73Vernon Davis	24Chicago Bears	23Michael Bush	19Manningham	18David Akers	18Kendall Hunter	18Jay Cutler	18Alshon Jeffery	17Frank Gore	12Crabtree	11Devin Hester	9Kellen Davis	8Matt Forte	8Randy Moss	7Brandon Jacobs	4Alex Smith	4Earl Bennett	1A.J. Jenkins	1LaMichael James	1Delanie Walker	1

As sensitivity analysis...

If Marshall gets 30 points (instead of 16.1), cutline is 141.1

If Robbie Gould gets 15 instead of 6.3, cutline is 139.5

If 49ers get 20 instead of 10, cutline is 139.95

If all three happen, cutline is 141.7

As sensitivity analysis...If Marshall gets 30 points (instead of 16.1), cutline is 141.1If Robbie Gould gets 15 instead of 6.3, cutline is 139.5If 49ers get 20 instead of 10, cutline is 139.95If all three happen, cutline is 141.7
Wow. That actually gives me decent hope. Hopefully Jeffrey or Kendall hunter explode and put it away for me.

As sensitivity analysis...If Marshall gets 30 points (instead of 16.1), cutline is 141.1If Robbie Gould gets 15 instead of 6.3, cutline is 139.5If 49ers get 20 instead of 10, cutline is 139.95If all three happen, cutline is 141.7
My ghost entry is at 139.90 with Crabtree -10.30 and Gould -4. If I was still alive, I'd be optimistic about staying alive tonight. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had recruited a few RL buddies to enter this contest as well. The last remaining one will officially be eliminated this week. :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread