What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2012 FBG Subscriber Contest Thread (4 Viewers)

I have the cutline based on the current live scoring at 146.15. This has the Mike Williams TD in it for sure. I need to fact check to confirm, and obviously there is still a lot of action to come...

173.35 if I did my math correct (Graham/Gonzo not scored), with Cruz yet to go (-1.9). I'd love to see Cruz go off, only 24 live teams have him so seems like that shouldn't affect the final line too much (right?), but would make me feel a lot more comfortable than I do at 173.

I'm at 162.5. I have RG3 but Luck scored me 40 so I doubt he will improve on that.

David Wilson also contributes anything over 15.

Gotta hope for a couple low scoring games. Lots of big players the next two nights.

173.35 if I did my math correct (Graham/Gonzo not scored), with Cruz yet to go (-1.9). I'd love to see Cruz go off, only 24 live teams have him so seems like that shouldn't affect the final line too much (right?), but would make me feel a lot more comfortable than I do at 173.
Only 24? That's good news. With Vick, desean and McCoy out that should help as well.

I have the cutline based on the current live scoring at 146.15. This has the Mike Williams TD in it for sure. I need to fact check to confirm, and obviously there is still a lot of action to come...
Giving me a glimmer, but it's awfully faint....I'm done at 159.4 unless Evan Royster beats 8.7 at the flex. Second worst point total of the season and during a 50% cut line :wall: . After Brees' steamy pile on Thursday night, it was probably too much to depend on Tannehill to carry me into the final 250. Oh well, I made it back to the final 500, which is still a pretty decent accomplishment in itself.

Just looked at the feed. Looks like ATL/NO game isn't in there. I will be back with a new cutline in awhile.

148.65 looks like the line w/o Thursday, Sunday Night, Monday Night.

132 dez owners1 solitary Witten owner.
So is it safe to say that Dez is probably the key player to watch for how much the cut line will move? Plus maybe RGIII (94 players).Oh, and minor correction, only 23 players with Cruz.
There aren't a lot of highly-owned players in the NFC East, where all the teams remaining to play are from. I think that means the cut line isn't likely to move up too much, which hopefully means I'm safely through to the finals. Wishful thinking, anyway...

132 dez owners1 solitary Witten owner.
So is it safe to say that Dez is probably the key player to watch for how much the cut line will move? Plus maybe RGIII (94 players).Oh, and minor correction, only 23 players with Cruz.
There aren't a lot of highly-owned players in the NFC East, where all the teams remaining to play are from. I think that means the cut line isn't likely to move up too much, which hopefully means I'm safely through to the finals. Wishful thinking, anyway...
Very wishful thinking. If you don't have players in the night games, root for low scoring games...
Code:
Evan Royster	29%Dez Bryant	26%Robert Griffin III	19%David Wilson	18%Martellus Bennett	14%Lawrence Tynes	13%Pierre Garcon	11%LeSean McCoy	8%Washington Redskins	8%DeMarco Murray	5%Fred Davis	5%Brent Celek	5%New York Giants	5%Victor Cruz	4%Alex Henery	4%Santana Moss	4%Philadelphia Eagles	4%Tony Romo	3%Kevin Ogletree	3%Leonard Hankerson	3%Eli Manning	2%Jeremy Maclin	2%Ahmad Bradshaw	2%Rueben Randle	2%DeSean Jackson	2%Dallas Cowboys	2%Hakeem Nicks	2%Dan Bailey	1%Felix Jones	1%Billy Cundiff	1%Josh Morgan	1%Michael Vick	0%Dion Lewis	0%Roy Helu	0%Jason Avant	0%Jason Witten	0%Bear Pascoe	0%Miles Austin	0%Riley Cooper	0%Jerrel Jernigan	0%

If everyone scores what they are predicted to by FBG, cutline will be 163.7.

If Dez Bryant scores 30 instead of projected 18, cutline moves to 167.85

RG III getting 40 instead of 20.5 (on top of Bryant's 30 over 18) drives the line to 170.45

It will be clearer after tonight's game, but the moral of the story is, if we have two shoot outs, the line could move a bunch.

If everyone scores what they are predicted to by FBG, cutline will be 163.7.If Dez Bryant scores 30 instead of projected 18, cutline moves to 167.85RG III getting 40 instead of 20.5 (on top of Bryant's 30 over 18) drives the line to 170.45It will be clearer after tonight's game, but the moral of the story is, if we have two shoot outs, the line could move a bunch.
:thumbdown: :wall: :cry: :bye: it was a good run :bag:

Well for those of us that make the final 250 its a 1 in 250 shot to win 20 k thats better odds than the lottery got to love that.

Last edited by a moderator:
198 and my best score of the year. I had players blowing up throughout, and no bench scoring to buffer.

I have done this contest every year since the beginning, and this is my first Finals. I am going to enjoy these next 3 weeks!

Since thursday game is not on the live scoring does anyone have a handy list of what the Thursday players scored? I am right at the cut line with dez Bennett and garçon still to play

Since thursday game is not on the live scoring does anyone have a handy list of what the Thursday players scored? I am right at the cut line with dez Bennett and garçon still to play
Code:
Name	Team	ScoreLance Moore	NOS	19.3Tony Gonzalez	ATL	17.8Michael Turner	ATL	16Matt Bryant	ATL	16Matt Ryan	ATL	14.05Marques Colston	NOS	13.1Jimmy Graham	NOS	11.9Atlanta Falcons	ATL	11Garrett Hartley	NOS	10Pierre Thomas	NOS	9.9Julio Jones	ATL	9.8Darren Sproles	NOS	9.7Mark Ingram	NOS	8.2Drew Brees	NOS	7.05Jason Snelling	ATL	6.8Jacquizz Rodgers	ATL	5.9Joseph Morgan	NOS	4.8New Orleans Saints	NOS	3Roddy White	ATL	3Nick Toon	NOS	0Devery Henderson	NOS	0Harry Douglas	ATL	0

Well I'm in a wierd situation.

After the latest update I'm at 163.65. Dez just scored again which means the cutline is going to probably be around 165-167.

I have RG3, but I'll need him to score 40.85 before his points will count. If he scores that many, the cutline will go way up. So I'll need him to probably score 45 points or so.

Really the most likely scenario for me is about 20 points from David Wilson, and that's really pushing it.

OH well. Final 500 was fun.

'kardplayer said:
Updated with ATL/NO scores. Cutline now 156.35. I'll be back with SNF/MNF sensitivities in a few minutes
Looks like my ghost entry can finally rest (and let me rest) as it would be at 155.85 + (Royster - 15.5)Sorta relieves as it would have really hurt if the only thing that kept me out of the 250 was a Gabbert mid-game injury.-QG

I have the PROJECTED cutline at 168.45 as of the end of the game, assuming the live scoring is accurate. I see the Eagles last TD counted, so should be good.

I have the PROJECTED cutline at 168.45 as of the end of the game, assuming the live scoring is accurate. I see the Eagles last TD counted, so should be good.
At 167.1 with only David Wilson (-13.10) and Washington's Defense (-1.0) remaining...perhaps Eli would be kind and throw a pick-6 or two?I hope you're wrong...I just wanna slide by to the playoffs--is that too much to ask?

Current cutline = 164.70

Projected cutline = 168.45

With RG III (19% owned) getting 40 = 171.25

With Tynes (13%) getting 18 = 169.40

With Bennett (14%) getting 25 = 170.35

With all 3 happening = 173.60

Good luck all

Miss the cut by 5 last week and my team goes off for 220+ this week. :wall: Congrats to all you folks who make the 250. Envious.

The tool is still not updating the Thursday night game for me. I have no one for the Redskins nor the Giants.

I am at 124, with no Thursday score, but even if you added all three of my players with their total score, I would miss the cut.

It has been a blast and was very excited to make it to the top 500.

I have the final cutline as 170.4. As always, don't get too excited if you made it or too down if you missed. Official cutline comes out in the morning.

I have the final cutline as 170.4. As always, don't get too excited if you made it or too down if you missed. Official cutline comes out in the morning.
:thumbup: Thanks again for running the numbers. Looks like once Gonzales (and Graham, but he only gives me +.1) are counted, I'll be over 180. Woot! I really need Harvin to get healthy though for any shot at accumulating enough points over the next 3 weeks to win. Either way, first time I've ever even come this close, usually out by midseason or earlier. Fun times!

Thank you Pierre. He puts me over 200 for the first time since week 2, and at just the right time!

I've been doing this every year since FBG started, and it's my first contest playoffs. Woot! :pickle:

Snuck in with 180. Thank you Pierre Garcon! Got eliminated week 13 last year. Doing this contest 5 years or so, first time ever in the final 250. Totally pumped!

Wow, I can't believe I made the cut with half of my team injured. Now to pray that those left go off and get me some points.

Terrible week & out with a 155 .A subpar week from Graham & my two stud WRs(JJ & AJG) and with McCoy sidelined only had Ray Rice scoring at RB. I liked my team mix at the start but didn't envision how bare I would be at RB . The McCoy injury killed me. Even if I slid by this week I was going nowhere in the top 250

QB

RG3

Luck

Locker

Group did much better than I hoped. 3- 40 weeks ,7-30 weeks & 3-20s.

RB

Ray Rice

LeSean McCoy

Rashard Mendenhall

Cedric Benson

Evan Royster

THe last minute flip of Dwyer for Royster was a big mistake & might have saved me this week. I toyed with the idea of going with "team RB' approach , pick RBs from 3 teams . Probably going that way next year if the $ work. Royster counted twice for me getting 1.0 & .3 points . Going in I was hoping Mendenhall would be back in the 2nd half giving me 3 strong RBs with Benson getting me trough the byes as the main backup

WR

AJ Green

Julio Jones

Titus Young

Randall Cobb

Justin Blackmon

Devonne Bess

Kendall Wright

Jon Baldwin

Good group . No one came up with a big this week but I was happy with my approach here.Blackmon & Baldwin were the lowest each scoring twice

TE

Jimmy Graham

Dwayne Allen

Not really satisfied with Graham's $ . Should have spread it out over 2 TEs. Very happy with Allen

K

Gould

Prater

Lindell

Only 1 week of single digit production. Can't complain

D

Houston

New Orleans

Kansas City

Not a good mix at all

Goodluck to everyone still in

Last edited by a moderator:
My team defined "Cardiac Kids" this year. I made 7 cuts by less than 11 points, with 2 of those by less than 3. The most amazing was Ryan Broyles going from 0 catches in his first 6 games to scoring a MNF touchdown with 30 seconds left to push me over the top by 0.35 points that week.

I put together a look at my team of 26. I looked at how often they were used (In the table below it is column "Used"), and how many times their points vs. the points of their replacement pushed me over the line ("Gap"). The two weeks where I just barely cleared the line (weeks 7 and 11) account for most of the times where replacing an individual player with a 0 (think injury, bye, or dud) would have knocked me out.

The high level:

I had 1 player who never counted - Jacoby Ford ($5) - who two years in a row has been a dud on my roster. Odds he's on the team next year? Probably 75%, since he's due :)

I had 5 players who counted ($33), but were never the difference between me making the cut or not - John Skelton, Cedric Benson, Kenny Britt, Damian Williams, and the Dolphins.

One other fun fact:

Through week 10, I could have got by with just Sam Bradford at QB. Peyton has been the difference between survive and cut 2 of the last 3 weeks though.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2012/105752.php

Code:
Player	        Team	POS	Price	Used	Gap    Gap%	excl 7	excl 11	excl 7 and 11Peyton Manning	DEN	QB	$18 	 10.0 	 2 	20%	 2 	 1 	 1 Sam Bradford	STL	QB	$10 	 2.0 	 1 	50%	 1 	 1 	 1 John Skelton	ARI	QB	$7 	 1.0 	 -   	0%	 -   	 -   	 -   									Jamaal Charles	KCC	RB	$24 	 9.0 	 1 	11%	 1 	 -   	 -   Green-Ellis	CIN	RB	$17 	 8.0 	 2 	25%	 1 	 1 	 -   Stevan Ridley	NEP	RB	$16 	 8.0 	 1 	13%	 -   	 1 	 -   Mark Ingram	NOS	RB	$14 	 1.0 	 1 	100%	 1 	 -   	 -   Cedric Benson	GBP	RB	$3 	 2.0 	 -   	0%	 -   	 -   	 -   									B. Marshall	CHI	WR	$22 	 11.0 	 5 	45%	 4 	 4 	 3 Torrey Smith	BAL	WR	$16 	 6.0 	 1 	17%	 1 	 1 	 1 Reggie Wayne	IND	WR	$15 	 10.0 	 2 	20%	 1 	 2 	 1 Kenny Britt	TEN	WR	$13 	 3.0 	 -   	0%	 -   	 -   	 -   Mike Williams	TBB	WR	$11 	 7.0 	 1 	14%	 1 	 1 	 1 Jacoby Ford	OAK	WR	$5 	 -   	 -   	0%	 -   	 -   	 -   Andre Roberts	ARI	WR	$3 	 6.0 	 1 	17%	 -   	 1 	 -   Damian Williams	TEN	WR	$2 	 1.0 	 -   	0%	 -   	 -   	 -   Ryan Broyles	DET	WR	$2 	 2.0 	 1 	50%	 -   	 1 	 -   									Jacob Tamme	DEN	TE	$13 	 6.0 	 1 	17%	 1 	 -   	 -   Kyle Rudolph	MIN	TE	$11 	 8.0 	 2 	25%	 2 	 2 	 2 Lance Kendricks	STL	TE	$9 	 3.0 	 1 	33%	 -   	 1 	 -   									Matt Prater	DEN	PK	$3 	 4.0 	 1 	25%	 1 	 -   	 -   Rob Bironas	TEN	PK	$3 	 4.0 	 2 	50%	 2 	 2 	 2 Robbie Gould	CHI	PK	$3 	 5.0 	 1 	20%	 -   	 1 	 -   									Seahawks	SEA	Def	$4 	 4.0 	 1 	25%	 -   	 1 	 -   New Orleans     NOS	Def	$3 	 4.0 	 1 	25%	 1 	 -   	 -   Miami Dolphins	MIA	Def	$3 	 5.0 	 -   	0%	 -   	 -   	 -   Total				         	 29 		 20 	 21 	 12

Well I made it.Avg score over 13 weeks is 176.05 that is not going to do the trick over the next three weeks so If my team ever needs to have a good stretch its now.I only scored over 200 once this season so I really don't hold out much hope.I finished 142 last year so I guess my realistic goal is to beat that.On a positive note right now I have the same odds as everyone else does to win this thing.Good luck to everyone in the 250.Good job!

Out by three points. As always, this contest is great. Thanks to OC for the live scoring page, kardplayer for the updates, and Iggy for the hundreds of posts to this thread. See you all in 2013.

SIZE ALL ALIVE SURV%18 4633 63 1.4%19 1813 29 1.6%20 1376 33 2.4%21 1142 19 1.7%22 966 21 2.2%23 812 25 3.1%24 626 14 2.2%25 482 9 1.9%26 380 9 2.4%27 308 8 2.6%28 229 6 2.6%29 191 6 3.1%30 335 9 2.7%TOT 13293 251 1.9%Congrats to the Final 251! :thumbup: In addition to the 251 subscribers who made it, this was the only staff entry to stay above the cutline all 13 elimination weeks, and he just barely did it this week.

What could have been: In addition to the 249 entries that were eliminated this week, there were 637 other entries that fell below the cutline only one time all year.

Users who are viewing this thread