What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marshawn Lynch arrested (1 Viewer)

TS Garp

Footballguy
@abc7newsBayArea #BREAKING: Former Cal Bear and current NFL #Seattle #Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch was arrested in Oakland over the weekend for DUI.

Maybe they need to put back in some of those team activities the players had limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was suspended back in buffalo for marijuana and gun possession? I don't remember the exact details but he could be headed for a lengthy (4-6) suspension. Bump Robert turbin!

In Goodell we trust. He has a tough job, but my guess is these guys get suspensions that are justified. Goodell is doing everything he can do to clean up the image of the NFL. It is not an easy job, but I trust him.

He was suspended back in buffalo for marijuana and gun possession? I don't remember the exact details but he could be headed for a lengthy (4-6) suspension. Bump Robert turbin!
I don't think he was ever actually charged for the marijuana possession. He first got in trouble for hitting some chick with his car and then fleeing the scene and then less than a year later he got busted for gun possession, police found marijuana in the car, but didn't charge him with it. He got suspended for the first 3 games of the 2009 season so I'd expect another suspension would be in order for this???

From Wiki:

Following his guilty plea on misdemeanor weapons charges during the 2009 offseason, Lynch met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for a disciplinary hearing.[20] On April 9, the NFL announced that Lynch would be suspended for the Bills' first three games for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[21] Lynch appealed the league's suspension on May 14 in an attempt to have it reduced or nullified, only to have it upheld by Goodell later on August 3.

From Wiki:

Following his guilty plea on misdemeanor weapons charges during the 2009 offseason, Lynch met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for a disciplinary hearing.[20] On April 9, the NFL announced that Lynch would be suspended for the Bills' first three games for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.[21] Lynch appealed the league's suspension on May 14 in an attempt to have it reduced or nullified, only to have it upheld by Goodell later on August 3.
As a Marshawn owner in a dynasty with my best running backs being Lynch, Blount and Jstew this is a :wall: moment.

As someone who was laughing at the idea of Lynch being a 1st round pick this year, I am disappointed now that a likely suspension will prevent me from chuckling at such owners.

He must have been really wasted if the cop could still smell the alcohol despite all those skittles

someone spiked the skittles.

he has already been suspended 3 games before. gotta think it will be more harsh. i also read that he had his license revoked previously as well.

Let's get to the penalty part because it impacts a lot of people.

2-4 game suspension? Buffalo was a while back no? Who has been suspended for more than 2-4 games for a DUI?

Whatever the suspension you have to feel this is terrible news for Seattle, the new QB Flynn, most of the other skill position players, and even the rookie should he be thrust into action may not be able to ball right away. Depending on the length of the suspension, this is devastating news to that offense.

Let's get to the penalty part because it impacts a lot of people. 2-4 game suspension? Buffalo was a while back no? Who has been suspended for more than 2-4 games for a DUI? Whatever the suspension you have to feel this is terrible news for Seattle, the new QB Flynn, most of the other skill position players, and even the rookie should he be thrust into action may not be able to ball right away. Depending on the length of the suspension, this is devastating news to that offense.
I'm guessing 4 games minimum. Repeat offender. It wouldn't shock me if he got 6 games. He got 3 games for his last suspension.

I hate to say this but...Cedric Benson's agent might get a phone call when this suspension is handed down. Did players get suspended for DUI in the 70s? 80s?

It looks like Leon Washington will get more action early in the year. Seattle may have a look at someone like Benson or Grant now also.

Im thinking 4 games. He has previous issues and there is no way to defend this.

A veteran signing would make sense and run the wheels off the guy for 4 or 5 weeks. Benson might be the best fit. Grant a possibility. Or maybe even Caddy.

I actually had to make sure this happened (I thought this was the old story from a few years ago). WOW!

Since he got a 3 game suspension last time and the NFL doesn't really have a habit on NON-Progressive penalties, you would have to think this is 4-8 range, right? I would be shocked at 8 but 4 almost seems nothing considering priors.

Either way, I guess a street FA or Turbin may get an earlier chance to shine.

What an off season. If I see Fitz or Rodgers get tossed in the pokey for domestic abuse or soemthing, I may have to take the year off until the world rebalances...

I'm guessing it'll be a 4 game suspension.

Seahawks' GM Schneider was with the Packers during Ryan Grant's best years. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Grant getting a phone call soon.

3 game suspension is my guess. This likely isn't as bad as gun posession and marijuana charges in the eyes of the commish.

On another note, HOW FREAKIN STUPID are these guys? How many have to be busted for the same exact thing before they realize that for $20, they can get a ride home and not risk MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for being pulled over? Hell, hire a limo driver to wheel you around every single day for the rest of your life and you won't pay as much money.

At least he is taking the new contract seriously. Guess that answers that question. Never understood how a millionaire gets a DUI. Seems pretty logical to have a limo/cab ready or pay one of your dumb### tag-a-longs to stay sober and take the wheel.

From Wiki:

You would have to think at the LEAST he gets 4 games. He obviously didnt learn his lesson and Goodell doesn't like when his message isn't heard. I'd set the basement at 4 with the potential for 8.

3 game suspension is my guess. This likely isn't as bad as gun posession and marijuana charges in the eyes of the commish.

On another note, HOW FREAKIN STUPID are these guys? How many have to be busted for the same exact thing before they realize that for $20, they can get a ride home and not risk MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for being pulled over? Hell, hire a limo driver to wheel you around every single day for the rest of your life and you won't pay as much money.
Actually most NFL teams have a program in place where the players can get a ride home for free in such situations.

I expect him not to have his hearing until about January. He could actually be safe for this season.
Considering he's been in trouble multiple times before, does Goodell have to actually wait until this goes to court to suspend him? Violating the personal conduct policy is basically doing anything that brings negative attention to the NFL, which he's obviously already done. I mean Roethlisberger got suspended and he was never even charged with a crime (granted its apples and oranges between rape and a DUI) but the fact that Lynch is now stupid times 3 I'm not sure Goodell is going to give him his day in court.

Users who are viewing this thread