What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 1 (4 Viewers)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Welcome, ladies, to the 2012 Anarchy League 1 thread.

Here is the league site: Anarchy League 1

The draft is scheduled to start Monday 7/23 at 8 AM Eastern time. If people want to start drafting now, I won't stop people from making picks.

The passwords should be the same as you had last year UNLESS you are new to this particular league this year. In that case, the password will be anarchy1.

Here is the randomly generated draft order:

1.01 Dickey Moe

1.02 Unlucky Bass Turds

1.03 jurb26

1.04 David Yudkin

1.05 Stinkin' Ref

1.06 Aaron Rudnicki

1.07 Kruppe

1.08 Afrodisiac

1.09 BroadwayG

1.10 PurpleHaze67

1.11 Fiddles

1.12 bro1ncos

1.13 renesauz

1.14 Hear-The-Footsteps

1.15 Carlton Gray

1.16 BassNBrew

Any questions, post them here, in the Shark Pool thread, PM me, or email me.

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm...I went ahead and emailed jurb26 at the email listed on the league site....I am not sure if he has even checked in.....is the clock on?....so will he automatically time out if he doesn't show up....and the draft moves on..?...can't remember what happens in these leagues compared to the others...

No timer on for any league at the moment, so nothing will happen until we track jurb down. Please try to PM him . . .

emailed him from both league site and info here at FBG profile page...also sent PM....

7.05 Bears, Chicago CHI TMQB

6.12 Redman, Isaac PIT RB

3.05 Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

4.12 Bryant, Dez DAL WR

5.05 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

1.05 Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

2.12 Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE

didn't think I would be able to get a trio of WR like this after starting the draft TE-TE...

feel like we make our money in these next few rounds...should be fun

7.05 Bears, Chicago CHI TMQB 6.12 Redman, Isaac PIT RB 3.05 Marshall, Brandon CHI WR 4.12 Bryant, Dez DAL WR 5.05 Jackson, Vincent TBB WR 1.05 Graham, Jimmy NOS TE 2.12 Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE didn't think I would be able to get a trio of WR like this after starting the draft TE-TE...feel like we make our money in these next few rounds...should be fun
I really like this team .

Jets, New York NYJ TMQB

Bush, Michael CHI RB

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB (Q)

Hillis, Peyton KCC RB

Lloyd, Brandon NEP WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR (P)

Davis, Fred WAS TE

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

As we make the turn to go to the back nine, I think the total scoring potential is here, but I can't say I love having to pick through the remaining ruble to fill out the roster.

If Gronk is healthy, he should approach 400 points in this format (almost hit 500 last year). Davis on pace for 300 points last year before missing the last part of the season. Gonzo hit 300 points on his own last year. On a ppg basis, these 3 were Top 7 in TE ppg. I realize last year is last year, but they will keep me in contention or kill me if they don't.

Charles and Hillis are supposed to get 500 touches between them, so combined that should be a decent chunck of production. Obviously I am weak at WR, but I suspect Lloyd is going to surprise some people. In this format, Washington will probably end up as a bottom tier WR2, but he always is undervalued and seemingly will be outproduced by younger receivers. With Britt still banged up, Washington should get plenty of looks and playing time.

I found out from MFL that if Tebow plays as a RB his stats won't count as a TMQB, which kinda makes no sense because you can't draft him as a RB (and he would definitely would have gotten drafted as one if he were listed as one).

All in all, I am not unhappy with my team, I just don't look forward to having to find some decent scoring options in the later rounds. Clearly, every team is in that situation, as we all have to start looking at receviers in the 80+ range or other guys that might not even get drafted in "regular" drafts.

halfway home:

7.05 Chicago Bears TMQB

8.12 Buffalo Bills TMQB

6.12 Isaac Redman PIT RB

9.05 Ronnie Hillman DEN RB

3.05 Brandon Marshall CHI WR

4.12 Dez Bryant DAL WR

5.05 Vincent Jackson TBB WR

1.05 Jimmy Graham NOS TE

2.12 Brandon Pettigrew DET TE

was realy happy to see BUF still on the board at the end of the 8th....no way I thought they would make it back to me...almost took them last round instead of CHI....Hillman pick in the 9th was really my first tough call of this draft....actually was going a different direction last night when I predrafted this spot....right before bed I went back in and took off the predraft so I could sleep on it...so was kind of glad it took Yudkin a while....there were some other options and I may discuss those later....but bottom line, I obviously went for the potential upside in a big way....could be my best pick or my worse....RB will be the question mark on this team, but that was the plan going in... :banned:

halfway home:7.05 Chicago Bears TMQB8.12 Buffalo Bills TMQB 6.12 Isaac Redman PIT RB 9.05 Ronnie Hillman DEN RB3.05 Brandon Marshall CHI WR 4.12 Dez Bryant DAL WR 5.05 Vincent Jackson TBB WR 1.05 Jimmy Graham NOS TE 2.12 Brandon Pettigrew DET TE was realy happy to see BUF still on the board at the end of the 8th....no way I thought they would make it back to me...almost took them last round instead of CHI....Hillman pick in the 9th was really my first tough call of this draft....actually was going a different direction last night when I predrafted this spot....right before bed I went back in and took off the predraft so I could sleep on it...so was kind of glad it took Yudkin a while....there were some other options and I may discuss those later....but bottom line, I obviously went for the potential upside in a big way....could be my best pick or my worse....RB will be the question mark on this team, but that was the plan going in... :banned:
You mentioned in your comments being concerned about me going QB/QB at the turn. I didn't see the need to take a QB in this area when I netted Cam/Alex last year in the last few rounds.BassNBrewGore, Frank SFO RBTate, Ben HOU RBWilliams, DeAngelo CAR RBHolmes, Santonio NYJ WRJohnson, Andre HOU WR (Q)Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (P)Daniels, Owen HOU TEGates, Antonio SDC TE

halfway home:7.05 Chicago Bears TMQB8.12 Buffalo Bills TMQB 6.12 Isaac Redman PIT RB 9.05 Ronnie Hillman DEN RB3.05 Brandon Marshall CHI WR 4.12 Dez Bryant DAL WR 5.05 Vincent Jackson TBB WR 1.05 Jimmy Graham NOS TE 2.12 Brandon Pettigrew DET TE was realy happy to see BUF still on the board at the end of the 8th....no way I thought they would make it back to me...almost took them last round instead of CHI....Hillman pick in the 9th was really my first tough call of this draft....actually was going a different direction last night when I predrafted this spot....right before bed I went back in and took off the predraft so I could sleep on it...so was kind of glad it took Yudkin a while....there were some other options and I may discuss those later....but bottom line, I obviously went for the potential upside in a big way....could be my best pick or my worse....RB will be the question mark on this team, but that was the plan going in... :banned:
You mentioned in your comments being concerned about me going QB/QB at the turn. I didn't see the need to take a QB in this area when I netted Cam/Alex last year in the last few rounds.BassNBrewGore, Frank SFO RBTate, Ben HOU RBWilliams, DeAngelo CAR RBHolmes, Santonio NYJ WRJohnson, Andre HOU WR (Q)Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR (P)Daniels, Owen HOU TEGates, Antonio SDC TE
yeah...different strokes for different folks...and actually would have bet that you wouldn't do it based on previous experience/comments....but was throwing it out there to see if anybody was listening as I was hoping a few more went so other stuff would fall..in reality only 3 went between my picks...really thought it would have been more than that...at some point there really is no need to take them as the point differential may not justify it....can just wait....there are few though that I really wouldn't want any part of....CAR was obviously a good get for you last year....thru 17 weeks SF TMQB was hanging around the 24th ranked team....the extra playoff games bumped them 12 spots... :eek: ...and they finsihed the season at #12...worked out okay...we'll see....don't see any real playoff teams left that could get a post season push like SF got last year...but thats just me...straight up right now....not even including QB's....wouldn't trade my team for yours.....and we aren't done drafting yet....then when we DO add in the QB's ....after you get 2 of what is left......uhhhhh...... :bye: tongue in cheek and just having a little fun....I'm sure there are some stats that back up waiting....####...CHI finished 27th last year....reach city for me...except I expect Cutler to stay upright more this year and WR position got a major upgrade...DWilly and Tate who you took at that turn may very well make up any points, and then some, that you may lose by waiting....good luck.... :banned:

'Stinkin Ref said:
'BassNBrew said:
'Stinkin Ref said:
yeah...different strokes for different folks...and actually would have bet that you wouldn't do it based on previous experience/comments....but was throwing it out there to see if anybody was listening as I was hoping a few more went so other stuff would fall..in reality only 3 went between my picks...really thought it would have been more than that...at some point there really is no need to take them as the point differential may not justify it....can just wait....there are few though that I really wouldn't want any part of....CAR was obviously a good get for you last year....thru 17 weeks SF TMQB was hanging around the 24th ranked team....the extra playoff games bumped them 12 spots... :eek: ...and they finsihed the season at #12...worked out okay...we'll see....don't see any real playoff teams left that could get a post season push like SF got last year...but thats just me...straight up right now....not even including QB's....wouldn't trade my team for yours.....and we aren't done drafting yet....then when we DO add in the QB's ....after you get 2 of what is left......uhhhhh...... :bye: tongue in cheek and just having a little fun....I'm sure there are some stats that back up waiting....####...CHI finished 27th last year....reach city for me...except I expect Cutler to stay upright more this year and WR position got a major upgrade...DWilly and Tate who you took at that turn may very well make up any points, and then some, that you may lose by waiting....good luck.... :banned:
After the studs and sure fire playoff guys, the rest is scraps IMO. These MOP QBs are projected out to 250 pts, the bottom QBs around 200 pts. I'd rather load up on talent now. I also think QBing as a whole is much improved this year. Last year the Eagles, Chargers, and SF QBs ranked 10-12 in the low 300 range. You can drop to #24 and Arizona's trainwreck at 258. Our 10th QB went at 3.11 this year, the 24th at 9.14. During that time you could have Thomas/Smith/Harvin or Baldwin/Baldwin/Quick.Looking at the scrubs below from last year...Wash - improvedBrowns - improvedChicago - :lmao: Cutler hopefully doesn't get hurtSeattle - improvedColts - improvedKC - should improved due to injuries last yearSTL - Bradford should be healthier and will have another yearJax - At least they have a backup this year and Gabbert can't do worse.I suspect the celler dwellers this year will come from teams hit with injuries.

'Stinkin Ref said:
DWilly and Tate who you took at that turn may very well make up any points, and then some, that you may lose by waiting....good luck.... :banned:
These are two guys that could be top 10 talent with an injury to the "starter" and will meet or be close to their projections without an injury.

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Wells, Beanie ARI RB

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Cruz, Victor NYG WR

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Meachem, Robert SDC WR

Randle, Rueben NYG WR

Robinson, Laurent JAC WR

Bennett, Martellus NYG TE

Pretty heavy on the WR this year. Think I got nice valye on a couple of players though. MJD at 2.14 was a huge surprise. Bowe at 5.03 was a little surprising as well. I figured him to go in the 4th. L. Robinson was a guy I just couldn't pass up at 10.14. He should be the Jags WR1 IMO and Blackmon not reporting is making his value stronger every day.

Clearly I'm weak at TE. Not sure that is a particularlly good thing is this format but I think the strenght at WR can overlap that. I tried to draft the BPA regardless of position to this point. Obvioulsy now we are at the point where we have to start filling up the rosters.

Texans, Houston HOU TMQBIngram, Mark NOS RBJones-Drew, Maurice JAC RBWells, Beanie ARI RBBowe, Dwayne KCC WRCruz, Victor NYG WRJohnson, Calvin DET WRMeachem, Robert SDC WRRandle, Rueben NYG WRRobinson, Laurent JAC WRBennett, Martellus NYG TEPretty heavy on the WR this year. Think I got nice valye on a couple of players though. MJD at 2.14 was a huge surprise. Bowe at 5.03 was a little surprising as well. I figured him to go in the 4th. L. Robinson was a guy I just couldn't pass up at 10.14. He should be the Jags WR1 IMO and Blackmon not reporting is making his value stronger every day.Clearly I'm weak at TE. Not sure that is a particularlly good thing is this format but I think the strenght at WR can overlap that. I tried to draft the BPA regardless of position to this point. Obvioulsy now we are at the point where we have to start filling up the rosters.
Maybe robison will turn it around but hes fools gold to me. Coach already called him out for drops in training. That whole team seems to be imploding. Being a Steeler fan who lives in Atlanta I would have to say Mularkey was definately not the answer. HC is not the same as OC but I have no trust in the guy.

Texans, Houston HOU TMQBIngram, Mark NOS RBJones-Drew, Maurice JAC RBWells, Beanie ARI RBBowe, Dwayne KCC WRCruz, Victor NYG WRJohnson, Calvin DET WRMeachem, Robert SDC WRRandle, Rueben NYG WRRobinson, Laurent JAC WRBennett, Martellus NYG TEPretty heavy on the WR this year. Think I got nice valye on a couple of players though. MJD at 2.14 was a huge surprise. Bowe at 5.03 was a little surprising as well. I figured him to go in the 4th. L. Robinson was a guy I just couldn't pass up at 10.14. He should be the Jags WR1 IMO and Blackmon not reporting is making his value stronger every day.Clearly I'm weak at TE. Not sure that is a particularlly good thing is this format but I think the strenght at WR can overlap that. I tried to draft the BPA regardless of position to this point. Obvioulsy now we are at the point where we have to start filling up the rosters.
Maybe robison will turn it around but hes fools gold to me. Coach already called him out for drops in training. That whole team seems to be imploding. Being a Steeler fan who lives in Atlanta I would have to say Mularkey was definately not the answer. HC is not the same as OC but I have no trust in the guy.
Fools gold at 10.14 in a 16 team league? Right, wrong or indifferent he is going to be the Jags starting WR1 this year. I'm not expecting much from him because I think it's a terrible situation. There is value in a player who will simply get opportunity to produce though and that is what Robinson will have. Hell, if he puts up a mediocre line of 50/600/4 I'd be happy at this draft spot. I think he could easily do more than that.

'jurb26 said:
'Fiddles said:
Fools gold at 10.14 in a 16 team league? Right, wrong or indifferent he is going to be the Jags starting WR1 this year. I'm not expecting much from him because I think it's a terrible situation. There is value in a player who will simply get opportunity to produce though and that is what Robinson will have. Hell, if he puts up a mediocre line of 50/600/4 I'd be happy at this draft spot. I think he could easily do more than that.
Probably the wrong term but you get the point. I am not buying regardless of round.

more love for the jags from florio

We broke down the rough start to Jaguars training camp on Monday, and things got worse on the practice field Tuesday. Starting left guard Will Rackley suffered a right ankle injury and did not return to the workout. Per Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times Union, Rackley was spotted after practice walking around on crutches and putting no weight on the injured ankle. Though the extent of the injury has not yet been disclosed, a high ankle sprain would threaten Rackley’s Week One availability. The Jaguars were hoping for a big second-year leap from Rackley, whom G.M. Gene Smith made the 76th overall pick in the 2011 draft. Jason Spitz, who hasn’t made a start since the 2009 season, is Rackley’s top backup at left guard.

Some really strange picks over the last day.
Elaborate please
Housler is 3rd on many depth charts, suspect he would have been around a few rounds later.Minny QB, like the next two drafted later.KC D, what am I missing.Royster/Dwyer, possibly 3rd string RBs when solid RB2s are left.
In 4 months people will be talking about KC as one of the elite Ds in the NFL IMO. They are loaded with talent and I think they're winning their division this year.

'BassNBrew said:
Minny QB, like the next two drafted later.
:shrug: Nothing was calling out to me at WR or TE, so I took my top QB left as I do not want to end up with Jax. Turns out I could have waited another round before the other scrub QBs started to go, but I am not kicking myself for it.At least they play the Lions and Packers twice.

David...never sure when you are lurking...you OTC in this league and nothing but autopicks after you so you will be up again right away.....

David...never sure when you are lurking...you OTC in this league and nothing but autopicks after you so you will be up again right away.....
I am almost always lurking. Just trying to figure out which mediocre option to take that might be slightly less medicore than the other options.

I am almost always lurking. Just trying to figure out which mediocre option to take that might be slightly less medicore than the other options.
Hey Ref...remember busting on my PDSL pick of CJ in the 23rd/24th round. Either I did well or Yuds took the more medicore option.

Bro1ncos had an illegal roster move, so I threw back Andre Roberts into the player pool.

The following teams have already used their flex spot:

Fiddles, Unlucky, PHae, ARud, S-Ref, Yuds, BNB, Broadway, Jurb, H-T-F, Kruppe, Bro1ncos, and Woodrow.

Please make sure you meet the roster requirements. Most people usually mess thinks up by not changing their auto draft picks once they have filled a specific position.

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB 4

Lions, Detroit DET TMQB - 5

Helu, Roy WAS RB - 10

Hightower, Tim WAS RB (Q) 10

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB (O) 11

Scott, Bernard CIN RB (P) 8

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR - 8

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 6

Smith, Steve STL WR - 9

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 4

Welker, Wes NEP WR - 9

Carlson, John MIN TE (Q) 11

Celek, Brent PHI TE (P) - 7

Winslow, Kellen SEA TE - 11

Bailey, Dan DAL PK - 5

Walsh, Blair MIN PK - 11

Bears, Chicago CHI Def - 6

Broncos, Denver DEN Def - 7

Quick analysis...

- Need Stafford to do what he did last year where he put up the 5th most points in this format. If he returns to his 2009 or 2010 ways and misses games - very bad. If he plays a full 16 - should continue right where he left off.

- Even as just a rookie, I expect Luck to be better than what Indy was throwing out there last yr. Still has Wayne & Collie.

- You never know who may get the bulk in any game in a Shanny offense. So I was able to take both Helu and Hightower without overpaying.

- Peterson: I think this pick could make or break my team. Low end: 70% of what he was and for 10 games. High end: Practically what he was for 16 games. Most likely: 85% of what he was and only misses first 2 games. At the end of the 5th - chance I was willing to take.

- Scott: nothing sexy here. But he is the RB2 on his team, to a RB1 who has never averaged 15 carries a game. Fine for my last pick (18th rounder).

- WRs: Probably the strength of this team. Don't forget PPR for WRs. Welker as WR1, S.Smith as WR2, Wayne as WR3, Boldin as WR4, S.Smith as WR5. Not much to have to explain here. I like the upside of the other S.Smith. It was only 2009 when he had over 100 receptions. 2010 he got injured - so obviously couldn't repeat those numbers. 2011 - first yr back from injury - so expected to be subpar. If he is now recovered enough to put up 50 receptions - then I love him as my last WR. On the other hand, he may not even make the team in StL - so this is hit or miss. I don't love Boldin anymore, but as my 4th - I will take it. I love my WRs 1-3. Even with Gronk and Hernandez doing their thing last year, Welker was still a PPR beast. Welker's receptions the last 5 yrs: 122, 86, 123, 111, 112. The 86 and 123 yrs were not even full 16 game seasons. (And none of those numbers includes playoff receptions.) Add in almost a certainty to make the playoffs and I like him even more.

- TE: obviously very important in this league. With the 14th pick - the studs were already gone. So I did not want to chase one in the 1st or 2nd. I did, however, want to aim for high upside. I think Celek could be a top 10 TE and wouldn't be surprised to see him return to top 5. As 13th TE off the board, I will take it. Not much to love about Winslow and Carlson. But given the 2 ppr aspect of this for TEs, I wanted to use flex on this. They aren't great, but for where I took them, it could be okay.

- Not saying Ks and Defs are not important, but just don't want to talk about them.

As for playoffs, I tried to consider that, but not get caught up in it too much since so much changes every year. I'm a huge Giants fan and I can honestly say, I have no idea who is winning that division this year. NYG, Phil, Dal - none of those 3 would surprise me. So I have Celek from Phil, the K from Dal, etc. Same with NFC South. With coach and player suspensions in NO; Newton entering yr2 in Car without losing Smith, Deangelo, or Stewart; Atl always able to hang around with; I really don't know who will win that division. Where I found it more obvious (ie, NE), I took Welker. Someone like Stafford could see extra games too as I see GB winning that division, but Det possibly pulling out WC again.

I don't absolutely love my team, but I definitely don't hate it.

My past finishes:

1 very bad one (13th in 2009)

2 middle of the roads (8th in 2011, 9th in 2006)

3 top 5 finishes (5th in 2010, 3rd in 2008, overall winner (1st) in 2005 (that was Anarchy2 - all others have been Anarchy1)

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB - 5

Panthers, Carolina CAR TMQB - 6

Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB - 5

Goodson, Mike OAK RB (Q) - 5

Mathews, Ryan SDC RB - 7

Pead, Isaiah STL RB - 9

Sproles, Darren NOS RB - 6

Baldwin, Jon KCC WR - 7

Britt, Kenny TEN WR (O) - 11

Harvin, Percy MIN WR - 11

Little, Greg CLE WR - 10

Manningham, Mario SFO WR (Q) - 9

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE - 8

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE - 6

Prater, Matt DEN PK - 7

Scobee, Josh JAC PK - 6

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def - 5

Redskins, Washington WAS Def - 10

QB's

I have been leery of Cam in other drafts this off-season, but felt like shooting for the moon in this all or nothing type of league. The sounds coming out of Carolina sounds like Cam is really turning into a leader and I am thinking his passing numbers should increase with a full camp even while his rushing numbers should drop. I like Freeman to have a bounce back year with his new toys in Tampa and should put up solid production this year even though it might not be spectacular.

RB's

I like my tandem of Matthews and Sproles, both should get plenty of touches and plenty of opps to put the ball in the endzone. Blount and Goodson, I am hoping can be TD vultures and solid backs if the guy in front of him goes down or struggles. Pead was more a shot in the dark since SJax seems to routinely miss 3-6 games each year.

WR's

I tried to get guys I thought would lead there teams in receptions, but it became very hard with the WR flying off the board much earlier then I remember them doing last year. Britt scares me but if he can get his head on straight and fix his knees he should have solid season. I like Baldwin to take over the WR1 role in KC and really start to make an impression in year 2. Percy should get lots of touches as Minny finds new ways to get the ball into his hands (again an injury worry accompanies him). I like Little and I think he is going to be a very solid #1 receiver in Cleveland, the question is can Weeden or McCoy get him the ball enough. Crabtree was just a guy I grabbed at the end hoping he can put up some decent TD numbers to justify him as a pick.

TE's

I knew TE were a premium and really went in wanting to grab one really solid guy and a couple more guys that could produce well. That didn't happen on either front. I do like Gresham and expect him to be the #2 target in Cinn and expect very solid numbers from him. By the time I made the decision to take another TE it was way too late. There wasn't anything but scraps under the table. It would be nice to see Lewis bounce back to form and since someone has to catch balls in JAX (reports make it sound like Laurent doesn't want them and Blackmon doesn't want to be in camp).

K's

Prater should get plenty of opps to kick with an offense that should score substantially more this year and be able to move the ball into the other teams side of the field before the 4th quarter each game. With Scobee, again I waited too long to get my 2nd kicker, but I do feel like there is a very good chance that JAX will have trouble sticking the ball into the end zone and hopefully lead to lots of FG opportunities.

DEF

Really hoping for middle of the road production from these two. Thinking both teams should have improved offenses which will hopefully provide the defenses with a little more rest and provide that they get to play with a lead a few more times this year.

Overall, I am not really happy with this team. I think my QB, RB, and WR will be solid production (barring injury, especially at WR), my TE set is mediocre at best. I am also concerned that even if this team produces during the regular season, I wasn't able to draft many guys on teams that I predict will be in the playoffs. If that happens then I can lose significant ground during the playoffs while other teams have players that are still scoring. I won this league last year by being able to hit on a few mid-round picks that really turned out to be gems. I will need to do that again this year to have any chance of repeating.

I found out from MFL that if Tebow plays as a RB his stats won't count as a TMQB, which kinda makes no sense because you can't draft him as a RB (and he would definitely would have gotten drafted as one if he were listed as one).
This makes absolutely no sense at all. If Harvin or Aaron Hernandez line up in the backfield & carry the ball are they subject to the same rule? The haven't been before.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. If Harvin or Aaron Hernandez line up in the backfield & carry the ball are they subject to the same rule? The haven't been before.
Apparently where Tebow lines up for the play will determine if he scores as a QB or not at all. If he lines up as a QB and runs, that's fine. If he lines up anywhere else, he won't count as a QB for that play and it sounds like whatever points he scores won't count for anything.

Jets, New York NYJ TMQB

Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB

I think the Jets QB will suxor in redraft but will be decent for this format. The Titans QB situation is flying a bit under the radar. They have some weapons and if Britt ever gets on the field the Titans should at least put up ok numbers.

Bush, Michael CHI RB

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Hillis, Peyton KCC RB

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB

If the Chiefs are serious about getting 500 carries between Charles and Hillis, that should get me some decent RB production. Bush and Thomas fall in the I-hope-they-touch-the-ball-150-times-somehow category.

Floyd, Michael ARI WR

Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR

Johnson, Chad MIA WR

Lloyd, Brandon NEP WR

Washington, Nate TEN WR

Obviously this group is weak, but when you go heavy on TE that's the price you pay. By the time you add in the playoffs, Lloyd should end up as a WR1 in this format. Washington did pretty well when Britt was out last year, so he should do better than his draft spot. Who knows with the other 3 guys, but IMO, even so so WR can still put up 100 points with the PPR scoring.

Davis, Fred WAS TE

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

As already discussed, this trio will make me or break me.

Carpenter, Dan MIA PK

Hanson, Jason DET PK

If there is much advantage for kickers, I think I have a slight one.

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

IMO, if you don't get on of the top few, the rest of the defenses are too much of a crapshoot to really go crazy over. The Colts can't be as bad as they were last year, right?

I don't love or hate this team, and it could be in the mix but I doubt it will win.

Apparently where Tebow lines up for the play will determine if he scores as a QB or not at all. If he lines up as a QB and runs, that's fine. If he lines up anywhere else, he won't count as a QB for that play and it sounds like whatever points he scores won't count for anything.
Tough ruling. Regardless, the NYJQB psoition should have been drafted way before several other QBs.

Stinkin Ref:

7.05 Chicago Bears TMQB

8.12 Buffalo Bills TMQB

Mid-level group here. Should keep me in the mix. I am higher on the BUF passing game then some. Small chance of some extra playoff games here.

6.12 Isaac Redman PIT RB

11.05 Rashard Jennings JAC RB

12.12 Jacquizz Rodgers ATL RB

This group took the hit from emphasis on TE early and the 5th round pick of Vincent Jackson, but I just couldn’t pass him up there. Also could have addressed this position in either round 7 or 8, and in retrospect probably should have. I like Redman in this format and I need to be right on Hillman. I think he emerges before the season is over, I just need it to be sooner than later cause this group needs him. Hated my Jennings pick, but fell for the MJD might really hold out into the season stuff a little and envisioned Jennings conntributing no matter what with possible starter for awhile type bonus in the 11th round. Maybe I get more than I think out of that pick, but pretty pessimistic. Hoping Rodgers really will be more involved.

4.12 Dez Bryant DAL WR

13.05 Stephen Hill NYJ WR

16.12 Eddie Royal SDC WR

Got some pop here in the top 3. Hopefully Hill locks down the WR2 spot. Royal is obviously a steal cause Peter King thinks he will have a good year. Joking aside, I know there is competition for receptions in SD but I do have a feeling Royal will be more involved than people think. I think there are some points to be had for him, SD wanted him as did some other clubs and I think he responds.

1.05 Jimmy Graham NOS TE

10.12 Scott Chandler BUF TE

I targeted Pettigrew in the second round of each of the Anarchy’s I was in. Like him in this format. I’m calling a mini breakout season for Chandler. I have nothing to base that on other than gut feeling.

14.12 Lawrence Tynes NYG

18.12 Adam Vinatieri IND PK

15.05 Cincinnati Bengals DST

17.05 New Orleans Saints DST

Knowing that I was going to wait until at least my last 5 picks to address these two positions I am okay with the way this group turned out.

Overall:

1. IMO rounds 6-12 are pretty crucial in these drafts and I think I stunk up the joint.

2. Best case scenario: I hold serve at QB/PK/DST. My top 5 picks justify their selection and actually give me a small advantage there and I hit on Hillman, Royal, and Chandler. And the perfect storm hits Jennings and Rodgers.

3. Most likely: While the rest of my team is pretty solid, I set the league record for fewest points at the RB position.

Pretty obvious I over exaggerate the mindset that RB’s just aren’t that important in these. I may need to reevaluate. Knowing I was targeting Hillman and expecting a pretty large contribution from him played a huge role here. I may not be giving McGahee enough credit. I am okay with the way my draft started and ended (first 1/3 and last 1/3) but I keep going back to that middle third where I think your bread is buttered and I made a few mistakes.

Good luck. :banned:

Stinkin Ref:

7.05 Chicago Bears TMQB

8.12 Buffalo Bills TMQB

Mid-level group here. Should keep me in the mix. I am higher on the BUF passing game then some. Small chance of some extra playoff games here.

6.12 Isaac Redman PIT RB

11.05 Rashard Jennings JAC RB

12.12 Jacquizz Rodgers ATL RB

This group took the hit from emphasis on TE early and the 5th round pick of Vincent Jackson, but I just couldn’t pass him up there. Also could have addressed this position in either round 7 or 8, and in retrospect probably should have. I like Redman in this format and I need to be right on Hillman. I think he emerges before the season is over, I just need it to be sooner than later cause this group needs him. Hated my Jennings pick, but fell for the MJD might really hold out into the season stuff a little and envisioned Jennings conntributing no matter what with possible starter for awhile type bonus in the 11th round. Maybe I get more than I think out of that pick, but pretty pessimistic. Hoping Rodgers really will be more involved.

4.12 Dez Bryant DAL WR

13.05 Stephen Hill NYJ WR

16.12 Eddie Royal SDC WR

Got some pop here in the top 3. Hopefully Hill locks down the WR2 spot. Royal is obviously a steal cause Peter King thinks he will have a good year. Joking aside, I know there is competition for receptions in SD but I do have a feeling Royal will be more involved than people think. I think there are some points to be had for him, SD wanted him as did some other clubs and I think he responds.

1.05 Jimmy Graham NOS TE

10.12 Scott Chandler BUF TE

I targeted Pettigrew in the second round of each of the Anarchy’s I was in. Like him in this format. I’m calling a mini breakout season for Chandler. I have nothing to base that on other than gut feeling.

14.12 Lawrence Tynes NYG

18.12 Adam Vinatieri IND PK

15.05 Cincinnati Bengals DST

17.05 New Orleans Saints DST

Knowing that I was going to wait until at least my last 5 picks to address these two positions I am okay with the way this group turned out.

Overall:

1. IMO rounds 6-12 are pretty crucial in these drafts and I think I stunk up the joint.

2. Best case scenario: I hold serve at QB/PK/DST. My top 5 picks justify their selection and actually give me a small advantage there and I hit on Hillman, Royal, and Chandler. And the perfect storm hits Jennings and Rodgers.

3. Most likely: While the rest of my team is pretty solid, I set the league record for fewest points at the RB position.

Pretty obvious I over exaggerate the mindset that RB’s just aren’t that important in these. I may need to reevaluate. Knowing I was targeting Hillman and expecting a pretty large contribution from him played a huge role here. I may not be giving McGahee enough credit. I am okay with the way my draft started and ended (first 1/3 and last 1/3) but I keep going back to that middle third where I think your bread is buttered and I made a few mistakes.

Good luck. :banned:
Personally not a fan of the QBs. I just don't believe in drafting them in rounds 4-10 unless you have a sure playoff type or someone who's slipped through the cracks. I don't see either falling into this category.I like the RBs better than you do. I think they all offer value where you drafted them. Especially like Rodgers. I don't think you'll lose as much ground as you think here and with an injury or two could be right in the mix.

Big fan of the WRs. Marshall tears it up this year and ends up in the top 5. With Dez and VJax you arguably have 3 top ten guys from a talent standpoint. Royal is a sneaky pick that could pay huge dividends. 50/50 chance that at the end of the year we're kicking ourselves for overlooking him.

Loaded at TE. I not a fan of Pettigrew this early. I don't see the upside and the number of looks Scheffler got last year bothers me. I had Pettigrew in several leagues last year and he never seemed to be a difference maker.

You got lucky someone screwed up and left you Vinatieri. Someone won't have a kicker at the start of the year and it won't be you.

Overall I like your team. You may give up a position or two in the playoffs. You have as good of a chance to conted as anyone.

Personally not a fan of the QBs. I just don't believe in drafting them in rounds 4-10 unless you have a sure playoff type or someone who's slipped through the cracks. I don't see either falling into this category.I like the RBs better than you do. I think they all offer value where you drafted them. Especially like Rodgers. I don't think you'll lose as much ground as you think here and with an injury or two could be right in the mix.Big fan of the WRs. Marshall tears it up this year and ends up in the top 5. With Dez and VJax you arguably have 3 top ten guys from a talent standpoint. Royal is a sneaky pick that could pay huge dividends. 50/50 chance that at the end of the year we're kicking ourselves for overlooking him.Loaded at TE. I not a fan of Pettigrew this early. I don't see the upside and the number of looks Scheffler got last year bothers me. I had Pettigrew in several leagues last year and he never seemed to be a difference maker.You got lucky someone screwed up and left you Vinatieri. Someone won't have a kicker at the start of the year and it won't be you.Overall I like your team. You may give up a position or two in the playoffs. You have as good of a chance to conted as anyone.
always appreciate your feedback Bass....thanks You may be right about the QB strategy...I have heard your stance on that a few times...in the past I have usually gone QB pretty early...but didn't this year...I just can't get myself to setlle for 2 of the last 5-6 that are left tho... Pettigrew: I am not big on drafting based on last years stats, or any year stats for that matter but...Pettigrew finished as the 13th highest non RB scorer in this format last year....11th in receptions (87) and 17th in targets (131)....finshed ahead of guys like Fitzgerald, Carolina Smith, Harvin, Wallace, Marshall, Bowe, AJ Green, Greg Jennings and Dez Bryant...he outscored over half of the Team QB's....all on only 5 TD's....add in position scarcity at TE...ability to have 3....no brainer VBD selection in my book....sorry if Pettigrew left you feeling a little buyer's remorse in your other leagues, but I doubt they were 2 PPR TE leagues....I don't expect him to neccesarily finish that high again this year...but he is part of the reason I may be loaded at TE and if I wanted to have him, I had to take him in the second.... as far as the kicker goes....I guess I got lucky and not sure if Purple Haze has made his make up pick yet, but there is actually a guy I almost took instead of Vinatieri cause I thought the gamble would be worth it....got a feeling somebody who thinks they got a pretty solid kicker will be disappointed... :banned:

Kick the tires for me guys...

QB - KCQB 14.1, MiamiQB, 15.16

I like Cassel to rebound with the weapons they have. Budgeting 250 points here which is huge int he 14th round. Miami did surprisingly well last year in this format. Not much in the way of weapons, but I like having the experience until Tanneyhill gets the nod.

RB - Gore 5.16, Tate 7.16, Williams 8.1, Jones 9.16

Feel like I did alright for waiting late. Gore should get the TDs and is competely out to pasture. Tate was a homerun swing to try and win this league. DWill has top ten talent and little downside this late. Regret the Jones pick, but Murray hasn't proven he can shouldler the whole load. Gore/Tate/Jones have playoff potential.

WR - AJ 2.1, Thomas 4.1, Holmes 6.1, Sanders 12.1, Tate 18.1

Went with AJ because Houston is almost a shoe-in to make the playoffs. I probably have drafted Thomas more than anyone else. That talent with Manning at the helm could be huge. Holmes was a safe pick. Sanders is another guy I've been accumulating. If Wallace sits, this pick is a difference maker. Even as a WR3 he'll outscore this draft position. Tate should be the WR2 in Seattle and shouldn't have been ont he board this late. The first four have legimate playoff potential.

TE - Gate 1.16, Daniels 3.16, Dressen 16.1

Surely Gates can't be hurt again. This pick could make or break my team. Daniels was my 3rd Texan, Dressen a shot in the dark for Manning love.

K - Gostkowski 11.16, Bryant 13.16

Two that aren't challenged on decent teams.

D - Philly 10.1, Carolina 17.16

One with playoff potential, one leftover.

Overall very strong at WR, TE, and K. Decent at D. RB position has the talent/potential to rank towards the top or accumulate a bunch of bench time. Worst QB combo in the league but still will post reasonable scores.

tire kickin....without looking at how the whole draft played out…

Word is that KC will run the ball a ton. They might, but they will need to throw and when they do, they have a solid group of WR’s, a pretty athletic TE, and some guys out of the backfield who can catch and then also get some YAC. I expect a pretty balanced offense out of KC. Good Oline. I would expect KC to finish around TMQB20 or so. Have no idea what to expect out of MIA. Bess and Hartline aren’t really getting much love in these drafts and people seem to actually like 85 better. This could be a train wreck of a passing game in a division with some decent defenses. Think you’ll be losing ground at this position.

I’ve been avoiding Gore, yeah I’m one of those guys. Lots of other guys there that may steal some touches. Gore is a pretty damn good football player and if he can stay in the lineup, you could be ok. WR’s there should keep the defense honest. I love Tate. One of the few guys that can put up RB2 type numbers no matter what. And he becomes huge if Foster goes down. Tate is one of the few back up RB’s that deserves to be taken pretty high and a case could be made that he deserves to go before some RB1’s on some teams. You love you some Dwilly. I am avoiding that backfield cause as I have said before, CAR might have the most talent of any backfield in the game, it’s just not a good fantasy backfield (outside of Newton). I think at one time or another they all get theirs. No real comment on Felix at this time, if things work out he is a solid RB4.

Solid group here even though I am not high on Holmes. You called Holmes a safe pick, I kind of look at it the other way. I think he has become a risky pick. Name recognition seems to keep him up there, but not sure his game will justify it. Sanders is a guy that I have been targeting in almost every survivor and Anarchy but I could never seem to get. Keep hearing that PIT will be running some hurry up and that they may feature the passing game. With or without Wallace, I think Sanders surprises people and has a pretty big year. Love that pick. Not sure what is going on in SEA so not sure about Tate. Obviously AJ and Thomas are a solid pair at the top although Thomas's achilles tightened up on him . Would like to see if there would have been a more intriguing option than Holmes with the first pick of the 6th.

TE - Gate 1.16, Daniels 3.16, Dressen 16.1

Going with 3 here might have liked to see it be a little stronger. Gates has been on my do not draft list for several years now so that sours me on this group. Reports are he is “healthier than ever”. Yeah right. Is Daniels gonna be the guy we used to know or he is kinda just fading away? Well everybody says this is a run first team and they are, but they lost Winston and they will throw some. Daniels better have a pretty big resurgence to justify being a third/early 4th rounder, IMO. I live in CO so it’s Broncos 24/7 here, people are really high on Dressen (more of a red zone guy than anything). In the 16th I guess he has as good a chance as anybody to outscore whatever RB or WR you would have taken there. I reffed him in high school, so kinda pulling for him.

Love your kickers and DST ain’t bad.

Overall: Think this team is really relying on a healthy Gates, AJ, Gore, and even Thomas which is kinda scary if you think about it. And also kinda of hoping for a Foster injury. I think you have enough to keep you in the middle of the pack and if you hit on those guys staying healthy and Foster gets dinged you could move your way up the leaderboard. I know you wait on QB, but this team could have used a little more upside there.

I like the Miami qb to surprise. You forgot bush plus Gerard is mobile. Clay Egnew and miller have upside.

I like the Miami qb to surprise. You forgot bush plus Gerard is mobile. Clay Egnew and miller have upside.
you are right...it will be a surprise QB in MIA....each week it might be a different one....did the Perfect Draft article come out already....?...cause I thought it was a little early for people to be pimpin Garrard.....you must have drafted them too..?..why..yes...yes you did... ;)

You didn't invest much, so that's a plus, but I don't see wuite the rebound for Cassel as you might. As I see it, KC is going for more pitching and defense, so they will try to be tough on defense and grind it out on the ground. That to me spells less passing and low scoring games. Who knows what is going on in MIA. Garrard has always been underrated for fantasy purposes, so if they stick with him that might be some extra, unepected scoring.

Can't say I love this grouping. IF the plan really is to cut Gore's workload, then even going as late as he did may not be fruitful. Tate should do ok on his own, but his really potential is directly tied to Foster's health. If Foster stays healthy, Tate becomes someone more of an overpriced backup. I am not sure DWill has a lot of upside. You drafted him RB33, yet in the Panthers running game he could see a small piece of the pie with Newton, Stewart, and Tolbert all in the mix. Last year, he played every game (for a change) and only ranked 28th. Maybe he'll see the ball a little more or maybe he'll get a few more TDs, but I don't see him having a 2008 season in him. Who knows what to expect from Jones. He had some hype tto him that never materialized. Maybe now that no one gives him a second thought he could be productive.

AJ is great . . . when he plays. I am not as high on DT as most, as I think things will be more difficult in DEN for Manning than it was in IND for a lot of reasons. I don't like Holmes' chances for success in NY, as he's been a disappointment and either has Sanchez or Tebow throwing him the football. I don't think the Jets make the playoffs, so taking him at WR30 to me looks like too soon. He's ranked 35th and 28th in his two years with the Jets. I guess the argument is that someone has to catch the ball (and my guess would be Keller, but that might be way off base). Sanders could be good if he gets way more playing time. The Seahawks have been scavenging for receivers and the fact that they signed Edwards and Owens does not bode well for Tate IMO. ANy of the last round picks are a roll of the dice, so I really can't say your crapshoot will be better or worse than anyone else's.

TE - Gates 1.16, Daniels 3.16, Dressen 16.1

SurGates is always a thrat to do a lot of damage in this format (again . . . IF HEALTHY), but unless the Chargers can execute better they may be on the outside looking in come January. Daniels has not done much the last few years mostly due to injury. He's a tough one to project for this season. IMO, TE14 was too early for him, but I guess that may be my take on things. Dreesen is another roll of the dice play, and IMO there were safer bets out there to fill a flex. If you were going to use TE as a flex, I'm not sure why you didn't pull the trigger a lot earlier for a more secure TE option.

You got 2 decent kickers, but as you like to say, as long as you get 2 that ahve jobs you should be ok. Yes, you should have plus scoring at kicker, but I am not sure that is a huge advantage. I agree, taking a 0 at kicker is a huge DIASADVANTAGE, but maybe you get a +30 points by having better kickers.

PHI should be a good bet to score well, but I have my doubts about the Panthers. They were Bootm 3 last year and Bottom 5 the year before, so the average of the two defenses may only be league average in scoring.

Overall, maybe it's me thinking some of the guys you drafted will be less productive than you see them, but IMO you've drafted better teams in the past. I think you have managed to not draft a single player without a bunch of question marks. AJ, Gates, and Daniels with health issues. Gore, Thomas, DWill, Sanders, Holmes with questions on how well they will do or in situations that have chaned a fair amount. All in all, that makes it hard to have a good sense of how your team will do.

you are right...it will be a surprise QB in MIA....each week it might be a different one....did the Perfect Draft article come out already....?...cause I thought it was a little early for people to be pimpin Garrard.....you must have drafted them too..?..why..yes...yes you did... ;)
I drafted them because of what I posted above. St Louis was still on the board and few others. I prefer Miami. I am not a Gerard Lover (paired him with manning last year in a survivor and got 0 qb pts all year) but he seems to be doing well this offseason. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread