Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Yudkin

2012 Anarchy League 2 - The League of Champions

247 posts in this topic

Welcome, savages, to the 2012 Anarchy League 2 thread.

Here is the league site: Anarchy League 2

The draft is scheduled to start Monday 7/23 at 8 AM Eastern time. If people want to start drafting now, I won't stop people from making picks.

The passwords should be the same as you had last year UNLESS you are new to this particular league this year. In that case, the password will be anarchy2.

Here is the randomly generated draft order:

1.01 Just Win Baby

1.02 Coordinator

1.03 Kruppe

1.04 radballs

1.05 Anarchy99

1.06 Old Milwaukee

1.07 nittanylion

1.08 Duckboy

1.09 rzrback77

1.10 kardplayer

1.11 There It Is

1.12 CalBear

1.13 Stinkin' Ref

1.14 Sinrman

1.15 Norseman

1.16 Fiddles

Any questions, post them here, in the Shark Pool thread, PM me, or email me.

Thanks David for running these each year. It is always interesting due to the extended schedule and the 16-team format! Hoping that Just Win Baby goes ahead and kicks off the league of Champions so that we can establish the ADPs for the rest of the leagues.

Lead on JWB!

Tried to make a pick, but it's not working. Is the draft enabled?

Tried to make a pick, but it's not working. Is the draft enabled?

If it wasn't before, it should be now.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?

I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist.

Interesting to see Graham taken 1st overall. TE are very valuable in this format and the track record of success with them is pretty strong. I presume JWB is not concerned with happenings with the Saints and perhaps their defense takes a step back meaning they throw even more. I cannot help but wonder if the Saints might run more this season to protect their defense though. Particularly if Ingram is healthy as reportedly he will be for training camp.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist.Interesting to see Graham taken 1st overall. TE are very valuable in this format and the track record of success with them is pretty strong. I presume JWB is not concerned with happenings with the Saints and perhaps their defense takes a step back meaning they throw even more. I cannot help but wonder if the Saints might run more this season to protect their defense though. Particularly if Ingram is healthy as reportedly he will be for training camp.

Welcome back. Where you been? Analyze away.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist.Interesting to see Graham taken 1st overall. TE are very valuable in this format and the track record of success with them is pretty strong. I presume JWB is not concerned with happenings with the Saints and perhaps their defense takes a step back meaning they throw even more. I cannot help but wonder if the Saints might run more this season to protect their defense though. Particularly if Ingram is healthy as reportedly he will be for training camp.

No objection from me.I will elaborate more after the draft, but, once I decided to take a TE, I considered only Graham and Gronkowski. Last year, Gronk was the #4 overall player in this format and outscored Graham, the #6 overall scorer, by about 46 points. That's a lot. However, I think Gronk's numbers are more likely to regress, with the addition of Lloyd and with Hernandez potentially staying healthy this season. And Gronk is coming off an end of season injury, while Graham has reportedly had a great offseason; not a big reason, but I'm splitting hairs here. I am taking a bit of a risk that Payton's absence will not negatively impact Graham. We'll see.Frankly, I wish I had not had the #1 pick. I would have preferred to be at least a few picks later, where I might very well have been able to get Graham anyway.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist....

For some reason, this made me think of the first 30 seconds or so of this clip...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciWBzhmOC_o

Waiting On Anarchy99 For The Next Pick

Glad to see the yearly traditions stay inact.

Waiting On Anarchy99 For The Next PickGlad to see the yearly traditions stay inact.

I'm trying to organize and set up the other leagues . . . we might end up with 7 leagues this year. I will try to pick at some point today but really had not done any research at all for any leagues. Thus why I wanted to start the drafts next week.

Waiting On Anarchy99 For The Next PickGlad to see the yearly traditions stay inact.

I'm trying to organize and set up the other leagues . . . we might end up with 7 leagues this year. I will try to pick at some point today but really had not done any research at all for any leagues. Thus why I wanted to start the drafts next week.
meh...you'll have better excuse for your sucky pick if you make it now.

:lmao:

:lmao:

Too bad this is a good weekend for me. That's why I got excited when we were allowed to fire away early.

1.07 Ray 'Wire To Wire' Rice, RB Ravens...

...Ravens are my pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I'll ride that prediction with a standout PPR Format RB Rice. I think he'll be putting up stats right 'til the end.

Without speaking the names of those players not drafted,I might have gone another route, but I think I'm the only guy I know who thinks Belicheck is going to find a completely different way to win in 2012 that bears little resemblance to how the Pats got it done last year. I don't know HOW he's gonna do it, but I think certain Pats who are entering the season with a TON of hype might wind up slightly disappointing, while some unexpected heroes might come to the forefront before all is said and done. IMO, Belicheck is that kind of fella; nothing would massage his ego more than to win out in an completely contrarian fashion.

Glad we're up & running. I'll do my best to keep things moving.

1.9 Drew Brees - glad to get him in a league that values QB scoring so highly. I still believe that the Saints can be a playoff team and I see Brees as sure thing to threaten top QB spot.

Ray Rice at 1.7 also is an awesome beginning.

...Ravens are my pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I'll ride that prediction with a standout PPR Format RB Rice. I think he'll be putting up stats right 'til the end.

Without speaking the names of those players not drafted,I might have gone another route, but I think I'm the only guy I know who thinks Belicheck is going to find a completely different way to win in 2012 that bears little resemblance to how the Pats got it done last year. I don't know HOW he's gonna do it, but I think certain Pats who are entering the season with a TON of hype might wind up slightly disappointing, while some unexpected heroes might come to the forefront before all is said and done. IMO, Belicheck is that kind of fella; nothing would massage his ego more than to win out in an completely contrarian fashion.

You do know that in this format RBs don't get PPR, right?

Welcome back. Where you been? Analyze away.
I have been really busy but things have slowed down recently until I go back to school in the fall.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist....

For some reason, this made me think of the first 30 seconds or so of this clip...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciWBzhmOC_o
Nice link! I don't think I have seen this movie but yes seems appropriate here. :devil:

:lmao: :lmao:

Nice link! I don't think I have seen this movie but yes seems appropriate here. :devil:
Rounders. Good flick. Definitely worth catching on Netflix.

Rounders. Good flick. Definitely worth catching on Netflix.
I normally avoid anything with Matt Damon in it. But I downloaded this last night and plan to watch it sometime today.

You do know that in this format RBs don't get PPR, right?
You would think after all these years he would right? :excited: I guess that didn't help his argument though.

Ray Rice is going to be one of the few true all down running backs in the league though and finished 19 overall last season. That being said I don't see Rice performing quite as well this year and I am not sure they make the playoffs again.

:lmao::bag::lmao::bag::lmao::bag:

Too many Leagues going on at the same time...

...that being said, I think there's still plenty of merit in 1.07 Rice. While the Patriots, Texans and possibly the Chargers might have something to say about it, I don't think there's a Team in the AFC that sets up better to represent the Conference in the Super Bowl, so IMO, he's playing out the full slate. With that caveat, the pick is defensible. Couple that with occupying an overwhelming percentage of his team's yards from scrimmage and scoring, and think I'll be fine. There is and will be plenty of PPR to go around. I'll have my opportunities to mine some of it.

:lmao::bag::lmao::bag::lmao: :bag:Too many Leagues going on at the same time......that being said, I think there's still plenty of merit in 1.07 Rice. While the Patriots, Texans and possibly the Chargers might have something to say about it, I don't think there's a Team in the AFC that sets up better to represent the Conference in the Super Bowl, so IMO, he's playing out the full slate. With that caveat, the pick is defensible. Couple that with occupying an overwhelming percentage of his team's yards from scrimmage and scoring, and think I'll be fine. There is and will be plenty of PPR to go around. I'll have my opportunities to mine some of it.

Chargers over the steelers?

:lmao::bag::lmao::bag::lmao: :bag:Too many Leagues going on at the same time......that being said, I think there's still plenty of merit in 1.07 Rice. While the Patriots, Texans and possibly the Chargers might have something to say about it, I don't think there's a Team in the AFC that sets up better to represent the Conference in the Super Bowl, so IMO, he's playing out the full slate. With that caveat, the pick is defensible. Couple that with occupying an overwhelming percentage of his team's yards from scrimmage and scoring, and think I'll be fine. There is and will be plenty of PPR to go around. I'll have my opportunities to mine some of it.

Chargers over the steelers?
I currently have the Patriots, Ravens, Texans and Chargers winning their Divisions, with the Bills, Steelers, Bengals and Broncos vying for the two WC berths, and considering how strongly I feel about the Ravens, the only way I see the Steelers making the Playoffs as a WC Team, so I view them as less of a threat due to the tougher odds they have of facing, and outing (and on the road, no less), the Ravens from a Super Bowl run.

Ummm wth? Been waiting 36+ hours...

I PM'd and e mailed him. He's not like this, must be on vacation and didn't know the start date.

I'm travelling in Italy. It's a rough life. Internet access is more annoying than I'd expected, but I'll do what I can. (I thought that the draft didn't officially start until Monday)<br>

Welcome CalBear!

Maybe we should e mail everyone and let them know we're on now. All sixteen have checked in.

We are ready to rock and roll.

No worries cal enjoy the hell out of your trip. Thx for gettin the pick in.

Six tight ends in the first round and not quite completed. Very interesting!

I'm travelling in Italy. It's a rough life. Internet access is more annoying than I'd expected, but I'll do what I can. (I thought that the draft didn't officially start until Monday)<br>

Que tengas un viaje seguro. Attenzione ai borseggiatori. Nizza prelievo.

4 Patriots taken in the 1st round. I guess at least 4 owners here believe they are superbowl bound. I think at least one of the 4 owners will be wishing they used their pick elsewhere. I don't see any running backs on the Pats roster that will cause a change in pass attempts at this time. But if one emerges all 4 owners may be :cry:

Welkers about as safe as you can get. I think all 4 picks are justified in this format and given the run.

Some of these need a clock, also if it has a clock... START IT!

Some of these need a clock, also if it has a clock... START IT!

None of the drafts have officially even started yet.