What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 2 - The League of Champions (2 Viewers)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Welcome, savages, to the 2012 Anarchy League 2 thread.

Here is the league site: Anarchy League 2

The draft is scheduled to start Monday 7/23 at 8 AM Eastern time. If people want to start drafting now, I won't stop people from making picks.

The passwords should be the same as you had last year UNLESS you are new to this particular league this year. In that case, the password will be anarchy2.

Here is the randomly generated draft order:

1.01 Just Win Baby

1.02 Coordinator

1.03 Kruppe

1.04 radballs

1.05 Anarchy99

1.06 Old Milwaukee

1.07 nittanylion

1.08 Duckboy

1.09 rzrback77

1.10 kardplayer

1.11 There It Is

1.12 CalBear

1.13 Stinkin' Ref

1.14 Sinrman

1.15 Norseman

1.16 Fiddles

Any questions, post them here, in the Shark Pool thread, PM me, or email me.

Thanks David for running these each year. It is always interesting due to the extended schedule and the 16-team format! Hoping that Just Win Baby goes ahead and kicks off the league of Champions so that we can establish the ADPs for the rest of the leagues.

Lead on JWB!

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?

I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist.

Interesting to see Graham taken 1st overall. TE are very valuable in this format and the track record of success with them is pretty strong. I presume JWB is not concerned with happenings with the Saints and perhaps their defense takes a step back meaning they throw even more. I cannot help but wonder if the Saints might run more this season to protect their defense though. Particularly if Ingram is healthy as reportedly he will be for training camp.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist.Interesting to see Graham taken 1st overall. TE are very valuable in this format and the track record of success with them is pretty strong. I presume JWB is not concerned with happenings with the Saints and perhaps their defense takes a step back meaning they throw even more. I cannot help but wonder if the Saints might run more this season to protect their defense though. Particularly if Ingram is healthy as reportedly he will be for training camp.
Welcome back. Where you been? Analyze away.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist.Interesting to see Graham taken 1st overall. TE are very valuable in this format and the track record of success with them is pretty strong. I presume JWB is not concerned with happenings with the Saints and perhaps their defense takes a step back meaning they throw even more. I cannot help but wonder if the Saints might run more this season to protect their defense though. Particularly if Ingram is healthy as reportedly he will be for training camp.
No objection from me.I will elaborate more after the draft, but, once I decided to take a TE, I considered only Graham and Gronkowski. Last year, Gronk was the #4 overall player in this format and outscored Graham, the #6 overall scorer, by about 46 points. That's a lot. However, I think Gronk's numbers are more likely to regress, with the addition of Lloyd and with Hernandez potentially staying healthy this season. And Gronk is coming off an end of season injury, while Graham has reportedly had a great offseason; not a big reason, but I'm splitting hairs here. I am taking a bit of a risk that Payton's absence will not negatively impact Graham. We'll see.Frankly, I wish I had not had the #1 pick. I would have preferred to be at least a few picks later, where I might very well have been able to get Graham anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist....
For some reason, this made me think of the first 30 seconds or so of this clip...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciWBzhmOC_o

Waiting On Anarchy99 For The Next PickGlad to see the yearly traditions stay inact.
I'm trying to organize and set up the other leagues . . . we might end up with 7 leagues this year. I will try to pick at some point today but really had not done any research at all for any leagues. Thus why I wanted to start the drafts next week.

Waiting On Anarchy99 For The Next PickGlad to see the yearly traditions stay inact.
I'm trying to organize and set up the other leagues . . . we might end up with 7 leagues this year. I will try to pick at some point today but really had not done any research at all for any leagues. Thus why I wanted to start the drafts next week.
meh...you'll have better excuse for your sucky pick if you make it now.

:lmao:

1.07 Ray 'Wire To Wire' Rice, RB Ravens...

...Ravens are my pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I'll ride that prediction with a standout PPR Format RB Rice. I think he'll be putting up stats right 'til the end.

Without speaking the names of those players not drafted,I might have gone another route, but I think I'm the only guy I know who thinks Belicheck is going to find a completely different way to win in 2012 that bears little resemblance to how the Pats got it done last year. I don't know HOW he's gonna do it, but I think certain Pats who are entering the season with a TON of hype might wind up slightly disappointing, while some unexpected heroes might come to the forefront before all is said and done. IMO, Belicheck is that kind of fella; nothing would massage his ego more than to win out in an completely contrarian fashion.

Glad we're up & running. I'll do my best to keep things moving.

1.9 Drew Brees - glad to get him in a league that values QB scoring so highly. I still believe that the Saints can be a playoff team and I see Brees as sure thing to threaten top QB spot.

Ray Rice at 1.7 also is an awesome beginning.

...Ravens are my pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I'll ride that prediction with a standout PPR Format RB Rice. I think he'll be putting up stats right 'til the end.

Without speaking the names of those players not drafted,I might have gone another route, but I think I'm the only guy I know who thinks Belicheck is going to find a completely different way to win in 2012 that bears little resemblance to how the Pats got it done last year. I don't know HOW he's gonna do it, but I think certain Pats who are entering the season with a TON of hype might wind up slightly disappointing, while some unexpected heroes might come to the forefront before all is said and done. IMO, Belicheck is that kind of fella; nothing would massage his ego more than to win out in an completely contrarian fashion.

You do know that in this format RBs don't get PPR, right?

Welcome back. Where you been? Analyze away.
I have been really busy but things have slowed down recently until I go back to school in the fall.

Does anyone object if I peanut gallery and offer praise/criticism as this progresses?I almost joined you guys again this year and I do miss competing with such a fine group of drafters. I have not done enough prep work however to keep up with you all at this time (3 years no FF for me now). Thinking about joining you all again next year if my FF itch becomes too much to resist....
For some reason, this made me think of the first 30 seconds or so of this clip...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciWBzhmOC_o
Nice link! I don't think I have seen this movie but yes seems appropriate here. :devil:

:lmao: :lmao:

Nice link! I don't think I have seen this movie but yes seems appropriate here. :devil:
Rounders. Good flick. Definitely worth catching on Netflix.

Rounders. Good flick. Definitely worth catching on Netflix.
I normally avoid anything with Matt Damon in it. But I downloaded this last night and plan to watch it sometime today.

You do know that in this format RBs don't get PPR, right?
You would think after all these years he would right? :excited: I guess that didn't help his argument though.Ray Rice is going to be one of the few true all down running backs in the league though and finished 19 overall last season. That being said I don't see Rice performing quite as well this year and I am not sure they make the playoffs again.

:lmao: :bag: :lmao: :bag: :lmao: :bag:

Too many Leagues going on at the same time...

...that being said, I think there's still plenty of merit in 1.07 Rice. While the Patriots, Texans and possibly the Chargers might have something to say about it, I don't think there's a Team in the AFC that sets up better to represent the Conference in the Super Bowl, so IMO, he's playing out the full slate. With that caveat, the pick is defensible. Couple that with occupying an overwhelming percentage of his team's yards from scrimmage and scoring, and think I'll be fine. There is and will be plenty of PPR to go around. I'll have my opportunities to mine some of it.

:lmao: :bag: :lmao: :bag: :lmao: :bag:Too many Leagues going on at the same time......that being said, I think there's still plenty of merit in 1.07 Rice. While the Patriots, Texans and possibly the Chargers might have something to say about it, I don't think there's a Team in the AFC that sets up better to represent the Conference in the Super Bowl, so IMO, he's playing out the full slate. With that caveat, the pick is defensible. Couple that with occupying an overwhelming percentage of his team's yards from scrimmage and scoring, and think I'll be fine. There is and will be plenty of PPR to go around. I'll have my opportunities to mine some of it.
Chargers over the steelers?

:lmao: :bag: :lmao: :bag: :lmao: :bag:Too many Leagues going on at the same time......that being said, I think there's still plenty of merit in 1.07 Rice. While the Patriots, Texans and possibly the Chargers might have something to say about it, I don't think there's a Team in the AFC that sets up better to represent the Conference in the Super Bowl, so IMO, he's playing out the full slate. With that caveat, the pick is defensible. Couple that with occupying an overwhelming percentage of his team's yards from scrimmage and scoring, and think I'll be fine. There is and will be plenty of PPR to go around. I'll have my opportunities to mine some of it.
Chargers over the steelers?
I currently have the Patriots, Ravens, Texans and Chargers winning their Divisions, with the Bills, Steelers, Bengals and Broncos vying for the two WC berths, and considering how strongly I feel about the Ravens, the only way I see the Steelers making the Playoffs as a WC Team, so I view them as less of a threat due to the tougher odds they have of facing, and outing (and on the road, no less), the Ravens from a Super Bowl run.

I'm travelling in Italy. It's a rough life. Internet access is more annoying than I'd expected, but I'll do what I can. (I thought that the draft didn't officially start until Monday)<br>

Welcome CalBear!

Maybe we should e mail everyone and let them know we're on now. All sixteen have checked in.

We are ready to rock and roll.

I'm travelling in Italy. It's a rough life. Internet access is more annoying than I'd expected, but I'll do what I can. (I thought that the draft didn't officially start until Monday)<br>
Que tengas un viaje seguro. Attenzione ai borseggiatori. Nizza prelievo.

4 Patriots taken in the 1st round. I guess at least 4 owners here believe they are superbowl bound. I think at least one of the 4 owners will be wishing they used their pick elsewhere. I don't see any running backs on the Pats roster that will cause a change in pass attempts at this time. But if one emerges all 4 owners may be :cry:

Welkers about as safe as you can get. I think all 4 picks are justified in this format and given the run.

'Fiddles said:
Welkers about as safe as you can get. I think all 4 picks are justified in this format and given the run.
I think it may depend on the defense. They finally cashed in their rolling 1st round pick to upgrade the defense this year. Trying to make the last years with Brady as competitive as possible. If the defense does improve significantly then I can see more running plays than before, particularly if one of the rookies from last year breaks out. Not saying this will happen, just looking at it from another angle.Welker has the best track record besides Brady that's true.

I sent a PM and an email to CalBear, but have not heard anything. It is very likely that we will be waiting awhile since he posted at 10:54 yesterday and we are already a couple of hours beyond that.

TEs are continuing to fly off the board so does anyone besides the guys that continue to draft TEs think that this is the correct and best strategy?

I sent a PM and an email to CalBear, but have not heard anything. It is very likely that we will be waiting awhile since he posted at 10:54 yesterday and we are already a couple of hours beyond that.TEs are continuing to fly off the board so does anyone besides the guys that continue to draft TEs think that this is the correct and best strategy?
I am not sure there is a correct strategy but the top 5 2011 teams in order had these TEsGronk PettigrewFinley Miller WinslowWitten GrahamHernandez BossVDavis Keller MLewisIn Anarchy 1:Hernandez RudolphGronk HMillerFell OlsenGonzalez MooreCelek GrahamPretty conclusive evidence there.

TEs are continuing to fly off the board so does anyone besides the guys that continue to draft TEs think that this is the correct and best strategy?
Pretty conclusive evidence there.
To me the question is will things change this year?I say yes!Defensivley, I think we will see good adjustment from division foes this year, and then league wide next year.Offensively, status quo , until it is slowed down........................... sometime this season.

I sent a PM and an email to CalBear, but have not heard anything. It is very likely that we will be waiting awhile since he posted at 10:54 yesterday and we are already a couple of hours beyond that.TEs are continuing to fly off the board so does anyone besides the guys that continue to draft TEs think that this is the correct and best strategy?
really wanting to respond to this....but will wait a few rounds.... :unsure:

Pretty conclusive evidence there.
To me the question is will things change this year?I say yes!Defensivley, I think we will see good adjustment from division foes this year, and then league wide next year.Offensively, status quo , until it is slowed down........................... sometime this season.
believe it when I see it. some of these teams have a ridiculous amount of weapons to cover (niners, pats, packers)

I am not sure there is a correct strategy but the top 5 2011 teams in order had these TEsGronk PettigrewFinley Miller WinslowWitten GrahamHernandez BossVDavis Keller MLewisIn Anarchy 1:Hernandez RudolphGronk HMillerFell OlsenGonzalez MooreCelek GrahamPretty conclusive evidence there.
However, last year Gronk drafted 42nd and 51st. Graham drafted 53rd and 43rd. Hernandez drafted 59th and 72nd. All taken much higher this year so even with equal production the value is much lower. It will be interesting to continue to watch the draft and then follow the results through the season.

really wanting to respond to this....but will wait a few rounds.... :unsure:
I been trying to not name drop. Flubbed up one time but think I have managed to avoid doing so since.

As far as TEs go, it all depends what people are projecting each player to get for production and how that production stacks up against his peers. I wouldn't take a TE just to take a TE. I WOULD take a TE if I thought he had a sizeable scoring advantage over other TEs. Then when you compare that to where we are at at other positions, and it becomes clearer who to pick and when.

I didn't really want to take Gronkowski as I feel he may not do as well if he is slow to recover, and I also think he may lose some targets to Lloyd and others in the crowded NE receiving game. While I don't think it will happen, there is also the chance NE runs more this year.

But Gronk scored SO MUCH in this format last year that even if he regresses some and even if the Pats somehow don't make the playoffs (which I would be astounded by), he STILL could post some numbers that in other seasons would have made him a legit Anarchy first round pick. He scored nearly 500 points in this format last year. That's INSANE.

eh....what the heck...no money involved here....

TE:

1. no PPR for RB's increases TE value....they almost switch spots (if that makes sense)...

2. ability to have 3 on your roster....potentially 48 drafted...only so many that produce...we know 32 WILL be drafted...

3. TE is such big point producing position in this format that you kind of have to get on board at some point...because I know their will be others like me who WILL take 3....so somebody like myself who has taken them with their first two picks is also hoping to force others to take them sooner which will hopefully then also allow some value to fall at other positions while you fight over the lower tier TE's....(so hopefully you all will play along, please...thank you)....

4. VBD is entrenched in the 3 above somewhere....may not look the way we normally see it...but it's there....it's always there...

oh and ETA: draft spot is obviously a huge factor....

Users who are viewing this thread