What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 2 - The League of Champions (1 Viewer)

Close down the 5th round with a min-run on RBs - 5 out of 6 picks mid-round were RBs and two more at the end of the round. Also going heavier now on the WRs with 6 total on the round including 4 of the last 6.

Much slower pace on Friday and no comments at all
might get yelled at..... ;)
Yeah I might be redundant or inadvertently name/position drop, so keeping my trap shut until some of the mistakes have been played out first.I haven't done full projections for this season anyways. But was thinking to offer comments towards the end.

Close down the 5th round with a min-run on RBs - 5 out of 6 picks mid-round were RBs and two more at the end of the round. Also going heavier now on the WRs with 6 total on the round including 4 of the last 6.

Much slower pace on Friday and no comments at all
might get yelled at..... ;)
Yeah I might be redundant or inadvertently name/position drop, so keeping my trap shut until some of the mistakes have been played out first.I haven't done full projections for this season anyways. But was thinking to offer comments towards the end.
No need to wait. Comments exchanged are what make all these drafts educational. Jump back in and be heard. I have spent a whole day chilling so let's go.

i had ZERO intention of drafting him and then when was still there I had to take a look...was hoping somebody else would take him...guess godell could screw it up...oh well...maybe he makes up for it when he comes back....

Not only does Lynch have a risk of a few weeks suspension, but IMO he has a high risk of doing something else stupid.

No thanks.

How can goodell not suspend lynch?
i was just going off one of the stories on his player page....thats where I saw the stuff about his attorney "taking it all the way" and that the commish probably wouldn't do anything till after it was settled.... :shrug: here in CO....DJ williams had a dui 2 years ago and it still hasn't been resolved....don't think the commish has addressed it yet either.....not sure if DJ has had any other previous issues like Lynch....(I know he has since)...so not real clear on what could happen or what won't happen....let's say Lynch ends up being found not guilty but the commish suspends prior to that....I realize the Ben thing makes us think this could happen, but this is a criminal case and not just a conduct thing like Ben's was...Ben was never arrested, Lynch was....so say commish suspends Lynch for this now or before it is settled....and then he is found guilty....does he get more of a suspension added on...?....is being found guilty of it just basicallythe same as possibly being involved in something/bad decision....I would think the suspension for actually being found guilty would be worse than just making a bad decision and maybe being lucky to get off or found not guilty....so the commish wouldn't tack on more games later or something....these factors lead me to believe that it may not shake down till the season is over....in essence Lynch (and fantasy owners) are almost better off that he actually got arrested instead of just maybe being involved in something bad where he may not have gotten arrested....from the perspective of a possible suspension that is.....

Last edited by a moderator:
More replies here than draft picks.

Although half of us are under an hour and going down after a rocky start. Hopefully the weekend will be a good thing, draft wise.

Like any draft involving a table of high-acumen players, players are going to be sniped early and often, and throughout the draft. I managed to avoid any serious fallout for a while. I was sort of bummed when I missed out on TMQB Giants, Falcons and Steelers, but I still was able to land TMQB Texans at 4.10.

Shoulda taken that as a shot across the bow, maybe...was planning on taking my 2nd TMQB at 5.07, but missed on Bears and Ravens, and couldn't resist Antonio Brown low-hanging fruit when my pick came up. I still relish rostering Brown, but it was my plan to go TE at 6.10, and watched with dismay as Greg Olsen and Heath Miller were sniped back to back at 6.06/07. DRAT!!!

Didn't see anything else I was overjoyed about rostering at the skill positions, so I decided to shore up at QB, since I'd already rostered a fallback option at TMQB1 with the Texans. Buffalo was the last TMQB I saw that had the combination of possible upside and extra games. I think the offense has the potential spike, and I like the potential of the defense to keep the ball in the offense's hands. I see the Bills as being clearly the 2nd-best team in the AFC East, and in the mix with only a small handful of other teams with a shot at the AFC's 2 WC berths.

QB Texans

QB Bills

RB Rice

WR Jennings

WR Nelson

WR A. Brown

Love the drafting this year. TE Ed Dickson was an awesome pick this late. I thought I was going to take him,with the 21 pick before my next pick, I knew I had to take a TE if I wanted one.with Heath Miller amazingly still there, I had to take him. I love Dickson this year too.

With 21 TEs drafted so far, 3 teams still have none. It will be interesting to see if those teams can really compete by making up ground at the other positions.

Agree Miller and Dickson were good value where they were drafted. I would have taken either of them at 6.16 if they made it that far.

The miller Dickson olsen picks made me feel better about my Rudolph pick at the turn. I don't remember seeing Rudolph play last year. Just going with uPside.

I have to comment on a couple of excellent value picks in the 8th round so far. I thought both Lance Moore (39th WR drafted) and BJGE (34th RB drafted) were excellent values where they were drafted. I was hoping one or both would make it back to me but didn't really expect it would happen.

I have to comment on a couple of excellent value picks in the 8th round so far. I thought both Lance Moore (39th WR drafted) and BJGE (34th RB drafted) were excellent values where they were drafted. I was hoping one or both would make it back to me but didn't really expect it would happen.
Agree with this as Moore was my #1 getting close, but then shifted to the Law Firm when Moore was nabbed and very happy to get him there.

Agree with this as Moore was my #1 getting close, but then shifted to the Law Firm when Moore was nabbed and very happy to get him there.
almost took BJGE but felt I needed WR3 a little more then RB3 at this point...think there was some pretty good value at RB here around this last turn....of the WR's that were left Moore was an easy pick.....really wish I would have been able to snag the RB value there tho...not really hindsight....but if I would have known I could get a RB combo like I potentially could have around that turn....I might have passed on Lynch earlier and gone a different position....(although Lynch could be great value depending)...

Despite hating the Buffalo QB pick, I really like Nittany's team. Will be interesting to see what he cobbles together at TE

Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Bush, Reggie MIA RB

Forte, Matt CHI RB

Collie, Austin IND WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Dickson, Ed BAL TE

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Going with a more balanced approach this year instead of loading up on any one position. I regret taking the Titans QB where I did, as I had more interest in a several other players that went just afterwards. I usually look good when we finish drafting and then once the season starts I do a slow made to mediocrity. It looks like a decent squad so far, but who really knows how things will play out.

'BassNBrew said:
Despite hating the Buffalo QB pick, I really like Nittany's team. Will be interesting to see what he cobbles together at TE
Agree it looks great, but the absence of TEs is exactly the reason. If his late TEs produce sufficiently, he looks like a likely contender at this point.

Halfway done:

QB 49ers

QB Ravens

RB Redman

RB Wells

WR Julio Jones

WR DHB

WR Titus Young

TE Graham

TE Keller

As is always the case, staying on the field will be the biggest key. If that happens with this group, there is pretty good potential so far. I'm expecting at least 6 of them to make the playoffs, which should help a bit.

That said, I really don't like picking on the end in this format. Last year, I started 16th and finished second in a close race, so it can be successful. But it is painful to wait on 30 picks between odd and even round picks... almost none of the players I am hoping to get to me at the even/odd turns are making it.

This year more than any previous year, it seems like the group has adjusted to the format, and it has definitely made it tougher.

...and the 1st Defense goes off the board at 9.07.

It's out there that I'm sky-high on the Ravens this season, and fully expect them to play through the Super Bowl. Mid-point of the middle round looked like the right spot for D/ST to start coming off the Board. D/ST Packers went the very next pick, so at least I'm not alone in the nuthouse. I just didn't see anything available that looked appreciably better than anything else in any of the position groups that woudn't be around in the 10th Round, so getting top-flight value at a fresh position felt like the thing to do.

...and I paired up the Panthers RB's! Neat-o! More on that later...

This is a tremendous group of Drafters. Just as I pulled even on scoops with my savvy neighbor Ol' Mil, he scoops me again with Randall Cobb.

Well done, sir. What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger.

...and the 1st Defense goes off the board at 9.07.It's out there that I'm sky-high on the Ravens this season, and fully expect them to play through the Super Bowl. Mid-point of the middle round looked like the right spot for D/ST to start coming off the Board. D/ST Packers went the very next pick, so at least I'm not alone in the nuthouse. I just didn't see anything available that looked appreciably better than anything else in any of the position groups that woudn't be around in the 10th Round, so getting top-flight value at a fresh position felt like the thing to do....and I paired up the Panthers RB's! Neat-o! More on that later...This is a tremendous group of Drafters. Just as I pulled even on scoops with my savvy neighbor Ol' Mil, he scoops me again with Randall Cobb.Well done, sir. What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger.
I like that you got the 2 Panther RB. I wonder why you are so confident in the Raven defense without Suggs, a venerable Ray Lewis and Ed Reed getting up there as well. Ozzie Newsome does a great job reloading the team with talent but recent years have been a bit more focused on the other side of the ball and I am not seeing who the new stars are of their defense that get you excited enough to make this pick. Upshaw better be able to replace Suggs or I think the pass rush is limited. I saw this when looking over camp reports
Ted Monachino said OLB Sergio Kindle has made a "quantum leap" in his growth. #Ravens
Kindle did manage 5 sacks last season. So maybe he will become more of a factor. I am still not really seeing this defense as improved from last season, and they may have taken a step back.

Damn you Fiddles. :angry: Nice drafting.
I presume you are referring to Santana Moss here.The most surprising pick of this draft to me so far was Fred Davis WAS TE @ 2.13 I had to look this guy up as honestly I barely noticed the Redskins do anything last year. He did have a solid season however and Griffin might lock on to him as some young QBs do.Moss seems like a better value @ 10.01 by comparison.

Are you kidding me ref? :rant:

I didn't see you getting a third TE before some other positions of need.

Was this a defensive move to keep him out of my hands, or are you just all in on the TE position.

Are you kidding me ref? :rant: I didn't see you getting a third TE before some other positions of need. Was this a defensive move to keep him out of my hands, or are you just all in on the TE position.
on the even rounds, I don't pay a ton of attention to what everybody has after my pick as it heads back down to the guys at the top of the draft....I take more of a peek at Sinr, Norse, and Fiddles....although I did see one team without a TE yet and a couple like you with only one....but honestly that only had a little to do with this pick other then I do give keeping some players off of other teams roster a little credit in this format when it comes to TE.....this was really about the fact that I could see Lewis scoring as good as almost all of the WR's and RB's that were left.....and there was less quality left at TE so position scarcity factored in....figured it possibly gets me about the same amount of points as a RB/WR pick here and it depletes the TE pool even more....plan going in in both Anarchy's was to take 3 TE's, but actually steered away from that for awhile cause it never felt right to pull the trigger on the 3rd...and if I WAS going to do it, I would have liked to have done it earlier...but Lewis seemed like a solid pick here as my flex...Lewis had 39 receptions on 85 targets last year and ZERO td's....that's got to get a little better doesn't it...?...say he gets his 40 receptions as a conservative floor, thats 80 from a WR and didn't see much left at WR that was for sure going to get that....RB...meh...felt pretty good abot my top 3 at RB and WR...feel I can get the same production at WR/RB with my next few picks that I would be getting now....I had Lewis ranked higher then some of the other TE's that had already been picked (Rudolph/Bennett/Winslow/Clark/Kendricks/etc)...so was kinda surprised to see him still there...Gabbert/Henne/whoever should be better than last year...they brought in Robinson/Blackmon/Evans....field could open back up for Lewis a little to do some damge...so he was was the pick....taking a 3rd hopefully helps improve any advantage gained by taking 2 early....allowing the teams that waited on TE to still get some decent quality at that position this late would seem to decrease that advantage.... :banned: if it makes you feel any better...I wanted Cobb

sorry....but CalBear just killing us here...

1. averaging over 10 hours per pick

2. and that is with 5 of his 9 picks being autopicks and going off right away....so the other 4 got to be really bad

3. and 1 of those other 4 the commish had to step in and make the pick.....

early canidate for the first edition of "C'mon maaaa'n"....

after the early holdups you would think he would be making an effort to stay on top of it if he ain't gonna autopick no more....put him on the clock....at least

eta: hasn't been on FBG since July 22nd.....

sorry....but CalBear just killing us here...1. averaging over 10 hours per pick2. and that is with 5 of his 9 picks being autopicks and going off right away....so the other 4 got to be really bad3. and 1 of those other 4 the commish had to step in and make the pick.....early canidate for the first edition of "C'mon maaaa'n"....after the early holdups you would think he would be making an effort to stay on top of it if he ain't gonna autopick no more....put him on the clock....at leasteta: hasn't been on FBG since July 22nd.....
I picked for Cal. Take a deep breath. We are still a month+ away from opening day. If Cal stays on walkabout, I will continue to make picks for him.

time waster:

1 team has no TE's....2 have 3....28 drafted

2 teams have 1 RB....nobody has all 4 or 5...41 drafted

those 2 teams with 1 RB already have 2 DST's.....hmmmm......

Wanted Burleson there but was sniped. :hot:

Going for a high caliber playoff bound D/ST . Should make up for some of those points I will lose at TE.

ETA: I smell a run! :football:

It is interesting to watch the comments, particularly how they are slanted toward runs. Occasionally these comments are simply encouragements to participate and grow the run while others are descriptive after the fact.

Three DSTs went between 9.7 and 9.11 - three out of five picks, but then it was all the way down to 10.6 before the 4th (Steelers) was taken. Another couple in the mid tenth and now three in a row at the turn going from 10th to 11th round.

A total of nine have been grabbed, with three teams already maxed out at their allotment of two. How many of those nine DSTs will have the added value from making the playoffs?

I guess with six of the last 12 picks being for DST, this is actually now a run. Only two WRs, two RBs and two TEs were mixed in with the six DSTs.

It is interesting to watch the comments, particularly how they are slanted toward runs. Occasionally these comments are simply encouragements to participate and grow the run while others are descriptive after the fact.Three DSTs went between 9.7 and 9.11 - three out of five picks, but then it was all the way down to 10.6 before the 4th (Steelers) was taken. Another couple in the mid tenth and now three in a row at the turn going from 10th to 11th round.A total of nine have been grabbed, with three teams already maxed out at their allotment of two. How many of those nine DSTs will have the added value from making the playoffs?I guess with six of the last 12 picks being for DST, this is actually now a run. Only two WRs, two RBs and two TEs were mixed in with the six DSTs.
I don't know what other people do or look at, but I don't look at other rosters or what the recent positional runs were when I make a pick. I just try to figure out the best option for my team at that juncture in time and don't really care what else is going on. Pretty much all of us have been around the block in these drafts and have a decent idea how the drafts tend to work.

It is interesting to watch the comments, particularly how they are slanted toward runs. Occasionally these comments are simply encouragements to participate and grow the run while others are descriptive after the fact.Three DSTs went between 9.7 and 9.11 - three out of five picks, but then it was all the way down to 10.6 before the 4th (Steelers) was taken. Another couple in the mid tenth and now three in a row at the turn going from 10th to 11th round.A total of nine have been grabbed, with three teams already maxed out at their allotment of two. How many of those nine DSTs will have the added value from making the playoffs?I guess with six of the last 12 picks being for DST, this is actually now a run. Only two WRs, two RBs and two TEs were mixed in with the six DSTs.
I don't know what other people do or look at, but I don't look at other rosters or what the recent positional runs were when I make a pick. I just try to figure out the best option for my team at that juncture in time and don't really care what else is going on. Pretty much all of us have been around the block in these drafts and have a decent idea how the drafts tend to work.
Different strokes, I think that it helps me to assess the numbers per each position that I am considering and the potential that others will make similar selections. I admit that I do this much more often when I am fairly close to the turn to evaluate the two to four folks that will be drafting twice before my next pick. When I am in the middle, like I am here, I usually do more what you indicate. Compare across several positions and identify my top three or so targets as my pick is approaching.

Different strokes, I think that it helps me to assess the numbers per each position that I am considering and the potential that others will make similar selections. I admit that I do this much more often when I am fairly close to the turn to evaluate the two to four folks that will be drafting twice before my next pick. When I am in the middle, like I am here, I usually do more what you indicate. Compare across several positions and identify my top three or so targets as my pick is approaching.
Like you said, different strokes. For any draft, I don't usually look at who is getting rostered on which team, and I don't generally try to decipher who will be there when I pick next. There will always be somebody that is worth picking, has fallen and shouldn't have, is someone I had pegged as someone I might want to roster, etc. Similarly, I am not married to any player and don't hope and pray that the guy I want will fall to me. I pick from who is available. Maybe it's all these years of playing fantasy sports and it's made me cold and callous.The only time I really check on which teams have what would be in a draft like the Anarchy ones, where there would literally be no point in taking a TMQB or DEF if all the teams in between your picks already had filled those slots. In that case, obviously you would want to take the positional player first and take the QB or DEF second.

Users who are viewing this thread