What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 2 - The League of Champions (2 Viewers)

just curious...are there other people in here who have alter fantasy member names...other than like:

Stephen Holloway is also razor...

Yudkin is also Anarchy 99....

That's the third time Coordinator took the player I wanted with the pick immediately before mine. :censored:

Stinkin Ref: almost done so just killing time......

3.13 New York Giants TMQB

13.13 Kansas City Chiefs TMQB

Wasn’t planning on taking a TMQB in the third but felt NYG fell a little and this was an ok spot to snag a top team. Drop off after them factored in. I expect them to throw quite a bit. KC was IMO best of what was left at the time and felt I needed to pull the trigger right then. Actually ok with them as they have solid WR’s, athletic TE (+Boss), and some RB’s who can catch and get YAC. Quinn seems like a decent backup compared to some other teams. Got some potential playoff games here, maybe.

6.04 Marshawn Lynch SEA

7.13 Roy Helu WAS

9.13 Ronnie Hillman DEN

11.13 LeGarrette Blount TBB

Lynch pick has been discussed. Even if he is suspended for a few games, which I don’t think happens, he should still maybe put up 6th round type stats for the rest of the year. Could be 1st/2nd round value in the 6th, I’d call him the SOD but I already have that guy in my other RB, Hillman ;) . I have started to cool a little on Hillman and it pisses me off, but the talent is there and I think he is a great fit for the offense in DEN and will prove that by eventually getting more touches than McGahee as the season progresses. News that Royster has the leg up right now in WAS is disappointing, but Helu will get touches. Almost as much as that news is bad, the vibe in TB around Blount is somewhat encouraging. Taking Blount over Gerhart in the 11th was my toughest call. I was sitting there staring at my computer and just breaking things down in my head on those two, wasn’t even really trying to find any last minute reports to swing my decision or anything. Ultimately, just thought that Blount would get more of the pie than people think in TB and that TB is not just going to hand all of the workload to the rookie. I know the stars seem to be aligned right for Gerhart to have a pretty big impact right off the bat, and even somewhat into the season, and he has proven he can handle the load. So I am taking a gamble/risk here as Gerhart would have been the safer play. But MIN sucks. Originally I had some buyer’s remorse, but feel ok about it now. The RB situation in TB kinda reminds me of that ESPN series “Playmakers” where there is an established RB and then the rookie comes into town and the veteran guy needs to crank it up. Sounds like Blount is cranking it up. I liked this group more a few days ago than I do now, and I could see that flip flop continuing between now and opening weekend. We’ll see. For dedicating little to the position I could turn out ok. Just hope I don’t regret the Hillman in the 9th or Lewis pick in the 10th, cause realistically I could have had both Gerhart and Blount. Got a feeling I might though.

4.04 Dez Bryant DAL

5.13 Eric Decker DEN

8.04 Lance Moore NOS

12.04 Vincent Brown SDC

17.13 ????

Dez needs to take it to the next level, please. Love Decker this year and think he could finish top 15. Moore should get plenty of looks in that offense even with a ton of other options. Hoping to be ahead of the curve on Brown and a breakout year. I think he pushes Floyd and Meachem for some time and makes it hard to keep him off the field. Royal just went out with a hammy, so Brown will get more time in practice/preseason to show his goods. Two picks left in this draft and have a few WR’s I would be happy with to fill out this position. Was hard to pass on Marshall in the 3rd and take a team QB and I may end up regretting that.

1.13 Aaron Hernandez NEP

2.04 Brandon Pettigrew DET

10.04 Marcedes Lewis JAC

Looking for an advantage here. Was planning on going 3 TE’s headed in to the draft but then switched gears as the draft progressed. When Lewis was still available in the 10th I went back to Plan A. Hoping he should outscore any other WR or RB that would go in this area plus it keeps him off teams that were waiting to take TE’s. I am expecting a small resurgence from Lewis with Blackmon, Robinson, and Evans drawing attention in JAC.

14.04 Lawrence Tynes NYG

16.04 Josh Scobee JAC

15.13 Kansas City Chiefs DST

18.04 ??

As with other Anarchy, knew these 4 spots would come out of last 5 picks. Like my PK’s and was glad to see the KC DST still available in the 15th as I think they will be a top unit this year.

Overall: I like this team. Some may not like my current WR’s and I think it is important for me to at least semi hit on whoever it is I end up adding there. RB’s could be boom or total bust. Rest is solid. Am I 52 points better than everybody else right now…?....no way…but we’ll see. Good luck. :banned:

Last year, by this point in the draft (currently waiting on pick 13.13), 14 kickers had been taken. Then, beginning at pick 13.14, 11 straight kickers were chosen, and 13 out of 15 picks were used on kickers.This year, we've had 12 kickers taken so far. Whoever ends up on the wrong end of the upcoming kicker run will probably lose any chance of winning this league. :popcorn:
kicker run fizzled. starters still available 4 rounds later.

3.13 New York Giants TMQB

13.13 Kansas City Chiefs TMQB

Wasn’t planning on taking a TMQB in the third but felt NYG fell a little and this was an ok spot to snag a top team. Drop off after them factored in. I expect them to throw quite a bit. KC was IMO best of what was left at the time and felt I needed to pull the trigger right then. Actually ok with them as they have solid WR’s, athletic TE (+Boss), and some RB’s who can catch and get YAC. Quinn seems like a decent backup compared to some other teams. Got some potential playoff games here, maybe.

6.04 Marshawn Lynch SEA

7.13 Roy Helu WAS

9.13 Ronnie Hillman DEN

Lynch pick has been discussed. Even if he is suspended for a few games, which I don’t think happens, he should still maybe put up 6th round type stats for the rest of the year. Could be 1st/2nd round value in the 6th, I’d call him the SOD but I already have that guy in my other RB, Hillman ;) . I have started to cool a little on Hillman and it pisses me off, but the talent is there and I think he is a great fit for the offense in DEN and will prove that by eventually getting more touches than McGahee as the season progresses. News that Royster has the leg up right now in WAS is disappointing, but Helu will get touches. Almost as much as that news is bad, the vibe in TB around Blount is somewhat encouraging. Taking Blount over Gerhart in the 11th was my toughest call. I was sitting there staring at my computer and just breaking things down in my head on those two, wasn’t even really trying to find any last minute reports to swing my decision or anything. Ultimately, just thought that Blount would get more of the pie than people think in TB and that TB is not just going to hand all of the workload to the rookie. I know the stars seem to be aligned right for Gerhart to have a pretty big impact right off the bat, and even somewhat into the season, and he has proven he can handle the load. So I am taking a gamble/risk here as Gerhart would have been the safer play. But MIN sucks. Originally I had some buyer’s remorse, but feel ok about it now. The RB situation in TB kinda reminds me of that ESPN series “Playmakers” where there is an established RB and then the rookie comes into town and the veteran guy needs to crank it up. Sounds like Blount is cranking it up. I liked this group more a few days ago than I do now, and I could see that flip flop continuing between now and opening weekend. We’ll see. For dedicating little to the position I could turn out ok. Just hope I don’t regret the Hillman in the 9th or Lewis pick in the 10th, cause realistically I could have had both Gerhart and Blount. Got a feeling I might though.

4.04 Dez Bryant DAL

5.13 Eric Decker DEN

8.04 Lance Moore NOS

12.04 Vincent Brown SDC

17.13 ????

Dez needs to take it to the next level, please. Love Decker this year and think he could finish top 15. Moore should get plenty of looks in that offense even with a ton of other options. Hoping to be ahead of the curve on Brown and a breakout year. I think he pushes Floyd and Meachem for some time and makes it hard to keep him off the field. Royal just went out with a hammy, so Brown will get more time in practice/preseason to show his goods. Two picks left in this draft and have a few WR’s I would be happy with to fill out this position. Was hard to pass on Marshall in the 3rd and take a team QB and I may end up regretting that.

1.13 Aaron Hernandez NEP

2.04 Brandon Pettigrew DET

10.04 Marcedes Lewis JAC

Looking for an advantage here. Was planning on going 3 TE’s headed in to the draft but then switched gears as the draft progressed. When Lewis was still available in the 10th I went back to Plan A. Hoping he should outscore any other WR or RB that would go in this area plus it keeps him off teams that were waiting to take TE’s. I am expecting a small resurgence from Lewis with Blackmon, Robinson, and Evans drawing attention in JAC.

14.04 Lawrence Tynes NYG

16.04 Josh Scobee JAC

15.13 Kansas City Chiefs DST

18.04 ??

As with other Anarchy, knew these 4 spots would come out of last 5 picks. Like my PK’s and was glad to see the KC DST still available in the 15th as I think they will be a top unit this year.

Overall: I like this team. Some may not like my current WR’s and I think it is important for me to at least semi hit on whoever it is I end up adding there. RB’s could be boom or total bust. Rest is solid. Am I 52 points better than everybody else right now…?....no way…but we’ll see. Good luck. :banned:
I think you knocked it out of the park here. Your worst pick was Pettigrew and it's not that bad.

Last year, by this point in the draft (currently waiting on pick 13.13), 14 kickers had been taken. Then, beginning at pick 13.14, 11 straight kickers were chosen, and 13 out of 15 picks were used on kickers.This year, we've had 12 kickers taken so far. Whoever ends up on the wrong end of the upcoming kicker run will probably lose any chance of winning this league. :popcorn:
kicker run fizzled. starters still available 4 rounds later.
Yes, disappointing... this group collectively drafted better this year than in past years IMO. Waited longer on RBs, took TEs earlier, and better resisted position runs.

6.04 Marshawn Lynch SEA

7.13 Roy Helu WAS

9.13 Ronnie Hillman DEN

I suspect this team would have maximized value better by waiting longer on RBs. Having 4 of them by the 11th round probably means total points were not maximized. Especially with none of them being playoff locks. I certainly wouldn't characterize 4 of the first 11 picks as having little invested in this position.As for Lynch, missing a few games to suspension is not something to be minimized. The single biggest factor in these leagues every year is how many games are played by each team's roster. It was already covered in this thread that for the past 3 years, the largest margin of victory was 51 points. If a player like Lynch misses 3 games, that could theoretically be the difference. (I'm not saying he will miss games, just illustrating the risk.)

4.04 Dez Bryant DAL

5.13 Eric Decker DEN

8.04 Lance Moore NOS

12.04 Vincent Brown SDC

17.13 ????

Loved the Lance Moore pick, that was great value. Not as big a fan of the others, but mostly due to personal preference. I am definitely more down on the Broncos passing offense than most people, for example. And I don't see Brown getting a lot of targets unless the other primary targets (Gates, Mathews, Meachem, Floyd, Royal) miss a fair amount of time. In particular, I doubt he'll get any action in the red zone.
Aside from those previous comments, my other observation is that it doesn't look like there are going to be very many playoff performers on this team. That is pretty important, as I found out last year (leading entering playoffs and entering each round of playoffs but lost in Super Bowl).All that said, this format is very hard, and every team, including mine, will have plenty of holes. This one looks like a team in the top half to me, but possibly not in the top tier.

thanks for the feedback JWB...

when I mentioned little investment at RB it was more in relation to using a high pick on one....in addition to their value being minimized by the scoring rules one of the reasons I tend to avoid them early in these things is just that (IMO) RB's are at a greater risk to get injured then other positions...I have no stats to back that up, just my feeling...if they are of less value and at more risk for injury (again just IMO) I don't want to burn a high draft pick on one...

even in the survivors where the scoring is pretty much the same as in here except that RB's do get a PPR....but TE's still get 2 PPR... I am/was very often one of the last to take a RB, but one of the first to have 3/4/ or 5....

it's weird because back in the "good ol days" in my local leagues I was the captain of the "stud RB theory" often taking 3 within the first 4 picks or even 4 in the first 5 if I could start 3 (because of bye weeks and possible injury, etc)...I ALWAYS wanted to start 3....often I was the laughing stock of the league at the draft and then handed the trophy at the end....

in these I try to bundle points at RB instead of counting on that high pick to carry me....

Lynch just needs to do what he do....yeah he may cost me points....but I look at those points I may lose as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round points...if that makes sense...?...I expect him to give me 6th round RB points....anything better than that is CRAZY gravy.....

other stuff...I could definatley take a hit when it comes to playoffs....but while I might comment on it being a bonus I usually don't account for it when I draft....in fact, most of the time when I look at the stats on MFL, I just look at weeks 1-17 instead of 1-21....cause you can have crazy fluctuation like the SF QB rising 12 spots just because of extra games....so while it can definatley make a difference I try not to let it dictate which direction I go cause for every one of those playoff locks you hit on you might miss on another....

good stuff to think about...thanks and good luck.... :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be mistaken, but I think I performed best in this league when I factored strength of schedule into the projections, which gave a lot of weight to players I expected to make the playoffs. This is not something I would normally do when mostly looking at things from a dynasty type perspective, which I think makes SOS even more irrelevant. But for this league I think it is a important part of consideration in valuing players.

Like any draft involving a table of high-acumen players, players are going to be sniped early and often, and throughout the draft. I managed to avoid any serious fallout for a while. I was sort of bummed when I missed out on TMQB Giants, Falcons and Steelers, but I still was able to land TMQB Texans at 4.10.Shoulda taken that as a shot across the bow, maybe...was planning on taking my 2nd TMQB at 5.07, but missed on Bears and Ravens, and couldn't resist Antonio Brown low-hanging fruit when my pick came up. I still relish rostering Brown, but it was my plan to go TE at 6.10, and watched with dismay as Greg Olsen and Heath Miller were sniped back to back at 6.06/07. DRAT!!!Didn't see anything else I was overjoyed about rostering at the skill positions, so I decided to shore up at QB, since I'd already rostered a fallback option at TMQB1 with the Texans. Buffalo was the last TMQB I saw that had the combination of possible upside and extra games. I think the offense has the potential spike, and I like the potential of the defense to keep the ball in the offense's hands. I see the Bills as being clearly the 2nd-best team in the AFC East, and in the mix with only a small handful of other teams with a shot at the AFC's 2 WC berths.QB TexansQB BillsRB RiceWR JenningsWR NelsonWR A. Brown
Rounds 7 & 8, I knocked down the Panthers RB's Stewart and Williams. Didn't plan that, just how it rolled out, but I'm quite pleased with how things worked out here. I'm of the opinion that 2012 Newton will be more of a traditional QB, and the Panthers Offense will generate enough stats to support two quality RB2. I'm taking DAW in many drafts where he's falling to the point where the risk is minimal. Better value than Stewart, IMO. I also think the Panthers are a playoff squad, so there's solid potential for extra games. I'm doing a terrible job addressing TE. Eight Rounds in and not a one on the ol' Roster. Hoping I can make up for it with extra game production out of all 8 selections thus far...Only guy I groused about missing was Cobb, through the next swing, and he went the pick after I chose Williams, so it wasn't like I had to agonize over it...Quite high on the Ravens, think that D is like a shark's teeth - plenty of quality guys in the pipeline to offset injuries and age. Works for me. TE was so depleted at that point, getting an upper-tier D/ST I was high on was much important that taking a TE just for the sake of taking one.Everything thinning out now, 10.10 used to pick my 1st TE, Bears Kellen Davis. Think he might have some upside. Certainly enough going on with Forte/MBush and Marshall/Jeffery/etc. to allow Davis to find some room in the middle. Cutler/Campbell might be pressured enough to have to check down plenty. Had missed on Cobb earlier, James Jones at 11.07 seemed solid enough, due to Packers aggregate passing #'s and extra games. Good insurance policy on Jennings/Nelson - great upside if one goes down. Don't think he gets traded, but if it were to happen, he's got skills to be a borderline WR2/3 in the right situation. 12.10, Housler still sitting there, had to take him just to shore up TE. Athlete with upside, as he showed in the Hall Of Fame Game. For waiting, the KDavis/Housler tandem isn't as bad as I figured I might be. Not much hope for postseason production, but the two could combine for 1+ #'s, which pairs nicely with the production I should get out of my RB/WR's...Would have liked to have added Kendall Wright or Devery Henderson as WR5, but not to be. Air Corps D finalized with Falcons teaming up with Ravens. Like the Falcons O to put pressure on Teams to play catch up in tough down and distance situations, think they can outperform draft position, with shot at extra games. Kickers starting to peel off Board, Suisham offers extra games upside. Decided to take a shot with Board Darling Lestar Jean. Looks the part of a legit threat opposite AJ, and solid chance at putting up some nice stats if AJ takes some injury time. Extra games very likely, and every extra game for the Texans = better chance AJ takes a powder. Decided to round out the Carolina RB's with Tolbert at 16.10. Interesting if nothing else. TD potential, at least. Vinatieri should get plenty of chances as the new Colts get in scoring range but can't find the end zone. Hopefully his leg doesn't fall off.Finished up with Andre Roberts, who has a legit shot to see a tremendous # of offensive snaps with the Cardinals, and might wind up being a nice check down option. Pairs with Housler nicely, I hope.QB Texans, QB Bills - I see upside and extra games.RB Ray Rice, Jonathan Stewart/Deangelo Williams/Mike Tolbert - Rice could lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage, and all those Panthers makes this Team a fun one to track.WR Greg Jennings/Jordy Nelson/James Jones, Antonio Brown, Lestar Jean, Andre Roberts - more extra games, prolific passing offenses, Roberts possibly a PPR sleeper.TE Kellen Davis, Rob Housler - at least there's some upside, hope the Roberts/Housler thing delivers, need rest of Team to subsidize potential fallout.PK Suisham, Vinatieri - should put up points with the best of 'em.D/ST Ravens, Falcons - Air Force 1 looks like an under-rated tandem to me.This League has tortured me since it's inception. I feel better about this Team than any I've fielded since this Contest's inception. Probably means a bottom-half finish.We'll see...

I think everybody and their brother are thinking that in the red zone (specifically inside the 10) that things are going to be different in CAR and that Cam's rushing TD's etc have to come down...while I think there is some reason to think that..... Newton is probably the most dominate red zone (inside the 10) player in the league....dude is a beast and is huge....run over guys to get in threat in the red zone....if he presents the best opportunity to get in the end zone he/CAR will take it....they ain't gonna spred it around just because we think they should and there is "no way" he can do it again....why hand off if you have the best red zone threat there is...?...why throw a risky pass....sorry...I think he still tucks it and takes a ton of those 6 points that the Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert owners think they are gonna get "just because" there is no way he can do it again....if I'm in the red zone and I have Newton, the ball is in his hands with the ability to run or pass....

CAR has the most talented backfield in the NFL....just not the best fantasy backfield....

QB: Eagles and Redskins. Two wild and entertaining QB’s . Eagles could go all the way. B

RB: McCoy, Gore, Felix Jones and Hightower. Again…I like the Eagles this year but if the get derailed the 49’rs could be the ones who do it. Jones is just an injury away from the starting line up, should see a few touches each game. Hightower could be riding the pine all season, but with Shanny?????? B

WR Nicks, Stevie Johnson, Justin Blackmon, Randall Cobb , Stephen Hill and Donald Jones. Not to impressive. Need the young players (Blackmon, Cobb and Hill) to get on the field. C

TE Scott Chandler and Bear Pascoe. Chandler is way under valued this season! I am getting this guy in every league I am in. Barring injury he will finish in the top 10! Book it! Get him cheap this season and thank me next. What is not to like about a guy named Bear picked in the 18th round? Well I could be in trouble here………. D

DEF Bills and Texans. Texans are playoff bound and top five, Bills are top ten bound and have a shot at the playoffs. A

K Nugent and Josh Brown……….I hate kickers… D

Great time gentlemen. This has been and looks to continue to be the most challenging league I play. Good luck to all have a great season!

Criticism welcomed......

I think everybody and their brother are thinking that in the red zone (specifically inside the 10) that things are going to be different in CAR and that Cam's rushing TD's etc have to come down...while I think there is some reason to think that..... Newton is probably the most dominate red zone (inside the 10) player in the league....dude is a beast and is huge....run over guys to get in threat in the red zone....if he presents the best opportunity to get in the end zone he/CAR will take it....they ain't gonna spred it around just because we think they should and there is "no way" he can do it again....why hand off if you have the best red zone threat there is...?...why throw a risky pass....sorry...I think he still tucks it and takes a ton of those 6 points that the Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert owners think they are gonna get "just because" there is no way he can do it again....if I'm in the red zone and I have Newton, the ball is in his hands with the ability to run or pass....

CAR has the most talented backfield in the NFL....just not the best fantasy backfield....
There's some talk about Tolbert at H-back/TE.There's a bunch of talk that Chud just scratched the surface last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV5iGN5FOkc&feature=related

QB: Eagles and Redskins. Two wild and entertaining QB’s . Eagles could go all the way. BRB: McCoy, Gore, Felix Jones and Hightower. Again…I like the Eagles this year but if the get derailed the 49’rs could be the ones who do it. Jones is just an injury away from the starting line up, should see a few touches each game. Hightower could be riding the pine all season, but with Shanny?????? BWR Nicks, Stevie Johnson, Justin Blackmon, Randall Cobb , Stephen Hill and Donald Jones. Not to impressive. Need the young players (Blackmon, Cobb and Hill) to get on the field. CTE Scott Chandler and Bear Pascoe. Chandler is way under valued this season! I am getting this guy in every league I am in. Barring injury he will finish in the top 10! Book it! Get him cheap this season and thank me next. What is not to like about a guy named Bear picked in the 18th round? Well I could be in trouble here………. DDEF Bills and Texans. Texans are playoff bound and top five, Bills are top ten bound and have a shot at the playoffs. AK Nugent and Josh Brown……….I hate kickers… DGreat time gentlemen. This has been and looks to continue to be the most challenging league I play. Good luck to all have a great season! Criticism welcomed......
I think I like your WR's way more than you do....really like your qb's....and mccoy/gore is pretty solid 2some....I like Chandler as well but TE will still be where you lose some ground to the field...if Felix Jones contributes you could make some noise...

Jones is just an injury away from the starting line up,
this cracked me up as jones is more injury prone than murrayi can see the 3rd string cowboy rb getting quite a bit of work this year

Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB 7 14.01

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB 7 3.16

Love ryan this year. Grabbed him in both anarchys. Miami I like better than most bottom tiers qbs. Could be a bust though.

Gerhart, Toby MIN RB - 11 11.16

Hillis, Peyton KCC RB - 7 8.01

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB - 8 7.16

Turner, Michael ATL RB - 7 5.16

Love the stable. Really felt like guys kept falling into my lap constantly. Thats what she said.

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR - 11 9.16

Caldwell, Andre DEN WR - 7 18.01

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 10 10.01

Smith, Steve CAR WR (P) 6 4.01

Welker, Wes NEP WR - 9 1.16

Again I could not be happier with this crew. Usually I have a few players I am very tentative on or buyers remorse. Not here.

Allen, Dwayne IND TE - 4 16.01

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE (Q) 10 2.01

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE - 11 6.01

Finley I love the upside on but he does scare me. Already had some sort of injury in camp. Rudolph and Allen have been talked up in camp and have all the ability to make significant strides.

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK 9 12.01

Zuerlein, Greg STL PK - 9 15.16

Possibly the top and bottom kicker. Z has a strong leg and has been showing it this summer. Will have to see.

Broncos, Denver DEN Def 7 13.16

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def 11 17.16

No clue here. Ds change so much year to year. Each team has its stars and weaknesses.

Overall love this team. The 16 slot really worked for me. I like this team head and shoulders above my anarchy 1 team which I drafted in the middle of the pack.

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB 11.05

Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB 8.12

Clearly this pairing is not world beating, but looking at the other leagues they went way earlier. I got TB at 165. In a couple other leagues, they went in the 90s. I got TEN at 124 and they went in the 80s and 90s in a couple other leagues. As far as QBs go, it seems like there are the mega scores early and a few bottom feeders at the end, but not a lot of difference in the middle.

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB 5.05

Bush, Reggie MIA RB 7.05

Forte, Matt CHI RB 3.05

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB 10.12

After trying several times in the past to load up at other positions and mostly ignore RB, I went with a different strategy. IMO, there are only about 40 or so RBs worth much of anything and the rest are mostly really specialized players or need a bunch or injuries to produce much. I agree that some of those injury replacements will pay dividends, but that's really a factor of luck as to which ones will get reps and which ones won't.

Forte fell farther than he probably should given that at the time there were contract concerns. I got him the latest out of all 7 leagues. Bradshaw should do well if he stays healthy (like a lot of other backs) and has a decent shot at the postseason. I snagged him the latest of all 7 leagues, too. Rinse and repeat on Bush, who I got at 101 when he was mostly in the 70s and 80s in the other leagues. I seem to migrate toward Pierre Thomas, who at the biginning of the year always looks like a wasted pick but almost always outproduces his draft spot and puts up decent points. I think that there is a fair dropoff from RBBC or half time backs to the straight back ups in this format, and I would rather get a decent chance of double the RB points than having to hope my lottery ticket would cash in late.

Collie, Austin IND WR 9.05

Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR 15.05

Harvin, Percy MIN WR 4.12

White, Roddy ATL WR 2.12

Wright, Kendall TEN WR 12.12

Jones may pass up White in ATL soon, but I would think that would be more in terms of longer routes and big plays. I still see White hauling in a ton of passes. Harvin is another one that seems destined to get a ton of catches. I see Collie flying under the radar and is sounds like he has been Luck's favorite target so far (which I know shoulod not mean anything at this point). Wright's stock should be rising given that Britt is a numbskull and nicked up. Hankerson looks to be a starter in WAS taken as WR73. I don't think there was much downside there.

Dickson, Ed BAL TE 6.12

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 1.05

Watson, Ben CLE TE 16.12

Gronk should still be a beast even if he loses 25% of his production from last year. Dickson had a great year in this format and few people really noticed (he ranked 16th, but I took him as TE21 and he looks like a good bet for post season points). I don't get why no one really bit on Watson. He was nicked up last year and missed the end of the season but still scored 127 points. You else was available in the 16th round that should be able to score that with relative ease? Watson is still the starter in CLE and with only 30 catches should net 100+ points.

Feely, Jay ARI PK 14.12

Henery, Alex PHI PK 13.05

They're kickers with jobs. And Henery has a shot at some gravy in the playoffs.

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def 17.05

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def 18.12

If there are a couple of top defenses, they were gone before I thought about drafting a defense. There's not a ton of difference once you miss out on the few better ones.

I think I ended up with a more balanced team than I've ever had. I'm not sure that will make a difference, but that's the interesting thing about these leagues. You can go in so many different directions.

DY love the RBs WRs and TEs. QBs are nothing to get excited about but definitely have a chance to outperform where you drafted them. I would be very happy if this was my team. Nice draft.

QB: Eagles and Redskins. Two wild and entertaining QB’s . Eagles could go all the way. BRB: McCoy, Gore, Felix Jones and Hightower. Again…I like the Eagles this year but if the get derailed the 49’rs could be the ones who do it. Jones is just an injury away from the starting line up, should see a few touches each game. Hightower could be riding the pine all season, but with Shanny?????? BWR Nicks, Stevie Johnson, Justin Blackmon, Randall Cobb , Stephen Hill and Donald Jones. Not to impressive. Need the young players (Blackmon, Cobb and Hill) to get on the field. CTE Scott Chandler and Bear Pascoe. Chandler is way under valued this season! I am getting this guy in every league I am in. Barring injury he will finish in the top 10! Book it! Get him cheap this season and thank me next. What is not to like about a guy named Bear picked in the 18th round? Well I could be in trouble here………. DDEF Bills and Texans. Texans are playoff bound and top five, Bills are top ten bound and have a shot at the playoffs. AK Nugent and Josh Brown……….I hate kickers… DGreat time gentlemen. This has been and looks to continue to be the most challenging league I play. Good luck to all have a great season! Criticism welcomed......
Way too much risk on this team. TEs are awful. This is not the league you want to have awful TEs in. Cobb and Mccoy are the only players I am high on. Bottom feeder. Good luck buddy.

ref I think lynch, helu, and dez could sink you

all 3 of those guys scare me in this format. you could have a bunch of goose eggs there.

I realize every year is different, but here were the QB totals generated from last season . . .

Code:
Coord	NYJ	306	GBP	573	879Kruppe	SD	318	NE	531	849RZR	CLE	232	NOS	564	796Kard	DET	464	MIN	278	742Sin	DEN	352	DAL	365	717Ref	KCC	184	NYG	450	634Fiddles	MIA	267	ATL	351	618JWB	SFO	314	BAL	299	613Norse	IND	196	CAR	415	611OM	PHI	326	WAS	246	572Nittany	BUF	275	HOU	282	557A99	TEN	285	TB	266	551There	ARI	258	PIT	291	549Duck	OAK	261	SEA	216	477Cal	CIN	266	STL	179	445Rad	JAX	155	CHI	232	387

I realize every year is different, but here were the QB totals generated from last season . . .

Code:
Coord	NYJ	306	GBP	573	879Kruppe	SD	318	NE	531	849RZR	CLE	232	NOS	564	796Kard	DET	464	MIN	278	742Sin	DEN	352	DAL	365	717Ref	KCC	184	NYG	450	634Fiddles	MIA	267	ATL	351	618JWB	SFO	314	BAL	299	613Norse	IND	196	CAR	415	611OM	PHI	326	WAS	246	572Nittany	BUF	275	HOU	282	557A99	TEN	285	TB	266	551There	ARI	258	PIT	291	549Duck	OAK	261	SEA	216	477Cal	CIN	266	STL	179	445Rad	JAX	155	CHI	232	387
wow...I would have been 6th in QB scoring and that was with Shane Falco Tyler Palko pulling the trigger for a while....

ref I think lynch, helu, and dez could sink youall 3 of those guys scare me in this format. you could have a bunch of goose eggs there.
:lmao: good god...don't look at the rest of my team then.....fiddles bringing it this morning

Watson: usually a guy I take a look at....didn't he have like 3 concussions last year or something....think I took him in a few leagues last year (and this year, maybe)...also, isn't the youth movement Moore/Cameron/Smith supposed to boot the old guy out soon....

solid RB's....always liked PT as a player and like him in this format where you don't have to worry about starting him....that team loves him...

not in love with WR....mostly because I hate Harvin (its just personal though, he cost me a crucial win one year because of a last minute migraine that I did not hear about before submitting my lineup...a cost me to miss the playoffs kind of win cause I would have only needed a couple points out of him)....hankerson could disappoint...have no idea how wright will do...3 of your 5 seem to have question marks currently although I do think Collie could have a pretty big year....think some might be underestimating Wayne and Collie because of the rookie QB....but he ain't your average rookie QB....I think Luck throws a ton

Dickson needs to keep Pitta and his broken hand to minimal production...if so this team could be a contendah!....

As I do every year, I'll post Draft Dominator's view of the teams periodically up until the season starts. Here is its current view of the teams, based on latest projections (updated today):

3048.4 Anarchy99

2991.1 Coordinator

2873.6 Just Win Baby

2861.1 kardplayer

2800.0 Duckboy

2791.7 Stinkin' Ref

2786.2 There It Is

2753.3 Old Milwaukee

2750.4 Sinrman

2749.1 rzrback77

2748.1 Norseman

2742.0 Fiddles

2736.3 Kruppe

2694.1 CalBear

2637.5 nittanylion

2556.4 radballs

Caveats:

[*]I made no attempt to change projections from the defaults. Obviously many people will have different projections and thus will feel differently than what is shown by these numbers.

[*]DD does not factor in NFL playoff games, and thus those points are not accounted for.

[*]We use Team QBs, so I added 3 rounds to the draft in order to add all backup QBs listed in DD. So all teams have 4-5 individual QBs. This seems to be the best way to represent Team QBs in DD. (I could have modified the projections by hand to give all of each team’s projected fantasy points to its starter, but that would have prevented updating projections without more manual conversions later.)

Despite the issues cited above, I think this is as good as any other quick view of the results. Injuries will obviously be the biggest factor, and that cannot be predicted.

Of course, there are always those who will dismiss these results, and that's fine. I'm posting it just as a data point. Anyone who doesn't believe it is applicable or accurate is free to ignore it.

There are also those who will inevitably say that I (and possibly others near the top) must have drafted based on DD's recommendations, which is not the case for me. I probably made a few picks that were in agreement with DD's recommendations, but not more than that. IMO DD does not actually make great recommendations in this unusual format; but it is great as a draft tracker, as a tool to see what other teams have and need between your picks, and to see tiering of players by position. So I use it for those purposes in this league format.

DD currently projects these picks with little or no value (I used 25 points as a cutoff):

radballs - LaMichael James - 23.8 points

radballs - Plaxico Burress - 0 points

radballs - John Kasay - 0 points

rzrback77 - Jordan Cameron - 24.6 points

Given this, it's not surprising that radballs is ranked last.

Not sure what to make of these projections each year. I am usually at or near the top and never come close to winning. I also find it interesting that I end up being projected doing well when I don't use the Draft Dominator and haven't for years.

:lmao: ....57.3 points between 1st and 2nd...... :lmao:

I have never used the DD for anything....even though I should...I've never even tried to open it up....I just crank out a VBD cheatsheet for a list of players before a draft....use my own pencil/paper draft tracking sheet and GO....!

less than 75 points between 6 and 13

My view of my draft:

1.1 Jimmy Graham, TE, NOS – Felt I had to go TE to start, since they are gold in this format and I expected most of the good ones to go before my next pick. So it came down to Gronkowski and Graham. Last year, Gronk was the #4 overall player in this format and outscored Graham, the #6 overall scorer, by about 46 points. That's a lot. However, I think Gronk's numbers are more likely to regress, with the addition of Lloyd and with Hernandez potentially staying healthy this season. And Gronk is coming off an end of season injury, while Graham has reportedly had a great offseason; not a big reason, but I'm splitting hairs here. Expecting playoff points.

2.16 Julio Jones, WR, ATL – 7th WR drafted. Could finish top 5, especially assuming Atlanta makes the playoffs. Expecting playoff points.

3.1 Dustin Keller, TE, NYJ – 13th TE drafted. Again, TEs are gold in this format, and I expected many more to go before my next pick. Finished as TE #11 last year and TE #3 in 2010. The Jets receiving corps is weak enough that he should remain a quality option and justify this pick. Playoff points are possible but probably unlikely.

4.16 49ers Team QB – 14th Team QB taken. I wasn’t excited about what was available at other positions, so I decided to secure two top half QBs, especially since I felt I could grab two likely playoff QBs. Last year, the 49ers Team QB finished #12, but they added Moss, Manningham, and Jenkins in the offseason, so the passing game could be improved. I also think Smith improved last year, and it will show in better confidence and at least slightly better numbers this year. Expecting playoff points.

5.1 Ravens Team QB – 15th Team QB taken. Training camp reports are very positive about Flacco. Last year, the Ravens finished as the #14 Team QB, and they finished #12 in 2010. I think it’s possible that they will take a small step up the ladder this year, but even if not, this feels like a safe pick. Expecting playoff points.

6.16 Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, OAK – 36th WR taken. Finished as WR #30 last year, despite missing 1 game. Hoping he will maintain or improve slightly with a full season (and offseason) with Palmer. Not expecting playoff points.

7.1 Isaac Redman, RB, PIT – 22nd RB taken, and my first… only Kruppe waited longer (by 2 picks). It is indicative of the sea change in the drafting style of this league that the 22nd RB wasn’t taken until the 7th round. Mendenhall finished as RB #22 last season, despite missing 2 games, while Redman finished #42 and Dwyer, Moore, and Clay combined to add another 50 points. I’m expecting Redman to at least match Mendenhall’s performance last year. Expecting playoff points.

8.16 Beanie Wells, RB, ARI – 38th RB taken. Steal at this position if he is reasonably healthy. He finished as RB #20 last year despite missing 2 games. He is coming off knee surgery, but every indication is that he will be ready to start the season. He seems to have been discounted not only due to health concerns but also due to the return of Williams, but Williams is effectively a rookie and is returning from his own serious injury. No playoff points.

9.1 Titus Young, WR, DET – 44th WR taken. Finished #43 last year while Burleson finished #31. I’m expecting those positions to be reversed this year as Young assumes the #2 role. Good shot at playoff points.

10.16 Bears DST – 8th DST taken. 7 DSTs were taken since my last pick, and I felt a DST run had started. There is typically a 40-50 point dropoff from DST #10 to DST #20, and I figured the run would continue enough that I’d have to accept that dropoff if I didn’t go with DST here. Meanwhile, I really wasn’t excited about the other position prospects here. So I decided to try to do my part to continue and perhaps accelerate the DST run. It didn’t work, as only 4 DSTs went before my next pick. I’d say this was my first major mistake in this draft. Regardless, the Bears DST finished at #4 last season and #5 in 2010, so this was a relatively safe pick. There is a chance at playoff points.

11.1 Jets DST – 9th DST. Finished as DST #6 last season and DST #3 in 2010. Rex is supposedly taking over the playcalling, which I see as a good sign, so, again, solid value here. Playoff points are possible but probably unlikely.

12.16 Dan Bailey, K, DAL – 6th K taken. Finished last season as K #4 and #2 in ppg. Again, I was concerned about being on the wrong end of a K run. In last year’s draft, 27 Ks were taken by my next turn (pick 14.1), and I didn’t want to risk getting stuck with a K at risk of losing the kicking job, which has happened in some years. So I decided to go K-K at this turn. It didn’t turn out to be quite that bad a run, although 23 Ks were gone by 14.1. There is a chance at playoff points.

13.1 Randy Bullock, K, HOU – 7th K taken. Last year, Rackers was the Houston K and finished as K #3. Expecting playoff points.

14.16 Rueben Randle, WR, NYG – 71st WR taken. Steal at this position IMO. Last year, Manningham was the #3 WR for NYG and finished as WR #38. And that was with Ballard finishing as TE #20. Manningham and Ballard are gone, and Nicks is coming off a training camp injury. Big potential here for Randle. Expecting playoff points.

15.1 Steve Smith, WR, STL – Was going to take Bess here, but he was taken with the pick before my turn. Smith is reportedly having a very strong camp and is reportedly in the running for the Rams’ #1 WR role. Good upside for the 72nd WR taken. No playoff points.

16.16 Evan Royster, RB, WAS – 62nd RB drafted. Another potential steal, as he is reportedly in the running to be the starter in Washington. Dominated in limited opportunities last season. No playoff points.

17.1 Zach Miller, TE, SEA – 35th TE drafted. For the third time, Coordinator sniped me, taking my target, Fasano, with the pick before my turn. Not that I think Fasano will be great, but I’d have more confidence in him than in Miller after last season and with Winslow in town. That said, I think there is a decent chance Miller can reach 100 points, which is good value at this point in the draft. Not expecting playoff points.

18.16 Danny Woodhead, RB – Mr. Irrelevant. 64th RB taken. Finished as RB #49 last season and #27 in 2010. Hoping for 75+ points, including playoff points.

I'm not thrilled with this team, but I think it could contend. I think there will be a good number of playoff performers. As always, staying on the field will be the key.

:football:

Not a surprise DD ranks me highly - I use it to look at rankings for each position, and then pick someone close to the top. That said, I can't imagine how this team will actually be good - if I finish higher than 12th, I'll be shocked.

My squad shows how little I paid attention to football prior to the draft - had no idea Mike Wallace was a holdout risk... plus I think Andre Johnson got hurt right after I picked him, but it may have even been before. Didn't even realize Hartline was hurt until I started typing this.

QB - Detroit (1.10) and Minnesota (16.07)

Love Stafford and the Lions offense. Rode Rodgers/Flynn to huge numbers last year, and figured I would try for that again. Ponder/Vikings were best of what was left in the 16th, and hopeful that the light will come on and the Vikings will rise again.

RB - Charles (4.07), F Jackson (5.10), Ingram (7.10), D Thomas (11.10)

Grabbed Charles and Jackson while everyone else was picking up WR's and TE's. Ingram I figured (as I stated on the draft report) may get benefit from a Payton-less coaching staff. By the time I got to Thomas, pickings were slim, and figured he was as likely - if not more so - to get a shot based on Reggie's career so far.

WR - Johnson (2.07), Wallace (3.10), Moss (8.07), LaFell (10.07), Hartline (13.10)

Johnson and Wallace are solid if johnson is healthy and Wallace shows up. Neither looks good at the moment. By the time I got to Moss, I realized I was having a bad draft and figured I'd roll the dice.

TE - Olsen (6.07), Kendricks (9.10), Dreesen (15.10)

Had no intention of picking up a 3rd TE going into the draft, but Dreesen seemed to be the biggest upside guy at that spot. Been waiting on Olsen to emerge (he had a half emergence last year before reverting along with Newton down the stretch).

PK - biggest worry is that Walsh or Dawson don't get/keep the job. If they kick in 16 games each, I'll be happy.

TDEF - Lions and Tennessee - I figure both have playoff shot this year, so might squeeze out some bonus points.

Like I said though, brutal job, need a LOT of luck to do well.

Team Holloway

QB - New Orleans Saints 1.9

QB - Cleveland Browsn 16.8

Went early on quarterback as the scoring rules favor the quarterback and it is good to get one early and then wait a long long time and grab what you hope to be an improving offense near the far end of the draft. I think that the Saints will again lean heavily on Drew Brees and the team will need to score often to compete. Contrary to popular opinion, I think that the Saints can make the playoffs. Cleveland was the next to last team quarterback and I much preferred Weeden to Gabbert. If I thought that the Jags were going to give Henne a chance, then I would have been ok to wait and take them in the last round, but I think that they are going to stick with Gabbert for a while and that could be ugly again.

RB - Ryan Mathews 2.8

RB - Steven Jackson 5.9

RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis 8.8

RB - David Wilson 11.9

I was not planning to take running backs early as their value is diminished in this league by the 0 ppr for them and the league tendency to favor the forward pass, but each one of my picks seemed to me to be the best choice at their spot. Of course, Mathews is already injured and out for a few weeks so he is less value now than where I drafted him. I like Steven Jackson a lot this year. I am not as high on Green-Ellis, but again was looking at value. David Wilson could be the second running back behind the injury prone Bradshaw on a playoff contender so I really liked getting him late.

WR - Marques Colston 4.8

WR - Sidney Rice 6.8

WR - Michael Crabtree 7.9

WR - Alshon Jeffery 9.9

WR - Nate Burleson 10.8

WR - Mario Manningham 12.8

Love Colston this year and was glad to get him as my late WR #1 as the 18th wide receiver off the board. Love the talent of Sidney Rice and if healthy, he will be the Seahawks' top target. I think that Crabtree will be on a lot of my teams this year as I am not a Moss believer. When Jeffery was a junior at South Carolina, a lot thought that he was comparable to AJ Green and Julio Jones. I believe that he will be an excellent NFL receiver. Nate Burleson and Mario Manningham looked like bargains where I got them. All told, I have five wide receivers that should have an opportunity for the playoffs, but all from one side of the bracket.

TE - Jermaine Gresham 3.9

TE - Cameron Jordan 17.9

At least I got one tight end with the hope of finishing near the top ten at his position and he was taken as the 15th overall tight end. Jordan Cameron is a gifted athlete who could score well if he gets the opportunity, but he might not. At least he was taken in the 17th round. It will be interesting to see how the much increased tight end early drafting will shake out this year. They do score extremely well in this league, but caused value to consistently fall at other positions.

PK - Hartley

PK - Cundiff

Two kickers on teams with above average offenses and a chance at the playoffs. I do not spend much time evaluating kickers so I like taking them a little earlier here where you must have two.

DST - New Orleans

DST - St. Louis

Interesting enough, the Saints defense seems to have some life in them and may be better than most (including me) think this season. I amazingly had St. Louis at the top of my que list for the final round above several teams taken between when I pre-drafted and when I got them. I hope that they can show improvement.

Overall an enjoyable group of guys drafting and excellent feed-back througout. It took longer than we had hoped but we made it through nontheless. DD has this team tied for sixth and that seems about right or possibly a little optimistic, particularly with Mathews already injured.

Look forward to feed-back from others and following the league during the season.

Heading into the playoffs, teams within 200 points of the lead:

NORSEMAN 3120.04

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB

Tate, Ben HOU RB

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Bryant, Matt ATL PK

Crosby, Mason GBP PK

KARDPLAYER 3117.36

Viking, Minnesota MIN TMQB

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Moss, Randy SFO WR

Dreesen, Joel DEN TE

Walsh, Blair MIN PK

FIDDLES 3043.86

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB

Gerhart, Toby MIN RB

Turner, Michael ATL RB

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR

Caldwell, Andre DEN WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Welker, Wes NEP WR

Allen, Dwayne IND TE

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

Broncos, Denver DEN DEF

Vikings, Minnesota MIN DEF

DUCKBOY 2966.58

Seahawks, Seattle SEA TMQB

Green, Alex GBP RB

Vereen, Shane NEP RB

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Fleener, Coby IND TE

Packers, Green Bay GBP DEF

Patriots, New England NEP DEF

THERE IT IS 2942.60

Pierce, Bernard BAL RB

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

49ers, San Francisco SFO DEF

Fiddles looks like the favorite with an amazing THIRTEEN players continuing on into the playoffs.

Updated after WC weekend . . .

NORSEMAN 3159.56

Tate, Ben HOU RB

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Bryant, Matt ATL PK

Crosby, Mason GBP PK

KARDPLAYER 3149.56

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Moss, Randy SFO WR

Dreesen, Joel DEN TE

FIDDLES 3083.96

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB

Turner, Michael ATL RB

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR

Caldwell, Andre DEN WR

Welker, Wes NEP WR

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

Broncos, Denver DEN DEF

DUCKBOY 3036.36

Seahawks, Seattle SEA TMQB

Green, Alex GBP RB

Vereen, Shane NEP RB

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Packers, Green Bay GBP DEF

Patriots, New England NEP DEF

THERE IT IS 2952.90

Pierce, Bernard BAL RB

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

49ers, San Francisco SFO DEF

Going into the Super Bowl. Fiddles 3245.14Norseman 3217.56 Vernon DavisKardplayer 3197.76 Randy MossDavis could put up the 27.58 needed to catchup (he had 26.6 today), but looks good for Fiddles.

Congrats, Fiddles. I finished 8th, despite having Bullock tear his groin and miss the entire season. Had I had a second healthy kicker, I would have finished 5th. WTNY.

Users who are viewing this thread