What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 3 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Welcome, gents, to the 2012 Anarchy League 3 thread.

Here is the league site: Anarchy League 3

The draft is scheduled to start Monday 7/23 at 8 AM Eastern time. If people want to start drafting now, I won't stop people from making picks.

The passwords should be the same as you had last year UNLESS you are new to this particular league this year. In that case, the password will be anarchy3.

A bunch of you were moved up from League 4, so your password could very well be different.

Here is the randomly generated draft order:

1.01 CommuterMan

1.02 Inch by Inch

1.03 hug dog

1.04 Valence

1.05 HellToupee

1.06 JeremyX13

1.07 Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

1.08 Reaper

1.09 ZWK

1.10 Yellow Snow

1.11 Ping Pong

1.12 Maggot Brain

1.13 Itchy Amos

1.14 Solorca

1.15 Saint

1.16 Dreamers

Any questions, post them here, in the Shark Pool thread, PM me, or email me.

Can't seem to find how many of each position we need to draft? Can someone direct me to the rules. Thanks

- 16 team total points league with a slow serpentine draft (MFL). "Draft and Done" format. 4 hour pick limit enforced for abusers. No entrance fee, no prize money.

- 21 week season (Week 1 through the Super Bowl)

- No weekly lineup submittals, trades, drops, waiver wire claims, or roster moves at all. Rosters lock after the draft ends. Once the draft is over, you are done managing your team for the season.

- ALL players on rosters will count each and every week. The team with the highest point total after the Super Bowl will be declard league champion.

- Rosters will be comprised of 2 TEAM QB, 4 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 2 PK, 2 DEF. That is a REQUIRED component . . . teams MUST have meet that configuration.

- Scoring system: all TD = 6 points. RB = 0 PPR, WR = 1 PPR, and TE = 2 PPR. -2 each INT. 2 point conversion = 2 pts. No penalty for lost fumbles. .04 for each passing yard. .1 for each rushing or receiving yard. Decimal scoring for position players but not kickers. FG = 3 pts for up to 39 yds, 5 pts for 40 or more yds. XP = 1 pt. No deductions for missed kicks.

- Defensive scoring: 2 pts per turnover, 2 pts for a safety, 1 pt for a sack. Total points allowed: 0 = 10 pts, 1-6 = 5 pts, 7-13 = 3 pts. Total Net Yards Allowed: 0-199 = 10 pts, 200-249 = 5 pts, 250-299 = 3 pts.

Can't seem to find how many of each position we need to draft? Can someone direct me to the rules. Thanks
It's listed under the league rules on the website, but positional requirements are as follows:2 TMQB4 RB5 WR2 TE1 FLEX (RB / WR / TE)2 DEF2 PK

I'm taking a different approach this year. I have a good feeling it's going to blow up in my face, considering I don't have a RB through the sixth round, and my top WR is Mike Wallace, who may or may not play.

Probably should have thought this through a bit more!

I dont normally like to get RBs early in this league, but last year I took Chris Johnson near the end of the first round because he presented so much "value". I then couldnt believe my luck when Leshon McCoy fell to me in round 2. It turns out that those "value" picks were essentially the end of my season.

Based upon what I thought would be available at pick 13, I decided that I was only going to choose from WR's & TE's in the first two rounds and then go BPA.

After 6 rounds I have:

WR: Wes Welker

TE: Antonio Gates

TE: Tony Gonzalez

TE: Brent Celek

RB: Jamal Charles

RB: Peyton Hillis

I expected that Gates would be gone by my pick in the 2nd round and I thought that both Gonzalez & Celek would be taken sometime in rounds 2 or early in the 3rd round. I was surprised that Gonzalez was there near the beginning of round 4. I was shocked that Celek was there at the end of round 5.

I'm luke warm on Charles, but if the word out of KC is correct, the plan is for Charles & Hillis to approach 450-500 combined carries. If that happens, then I'll be ok. By taking both ends of the committee, I think I can expect dependable scoring but maybe I've taken away the chance at real upside scoring. If one of the two has a dominant season, then the other one may not be a world beater. With that said, I liked Hillis as much, if not more than any of the RBs that were still available - so it seemed to make sense to pull the trigger.

Obviously, from here I need to pick through the scraps on QB & WR (and RB to a lesser extent) and hope that I can find some decent pieces.

I think I have a shot to do some damage, but RB is definitely going to be my weakness. I also need Fred Davis and Greg Olsen to be as good as I think they will both be (I have them projected as my TE4 and TE6...much higher than where most have them).

QB - Cam Newton (Carolina TMQB)

QB - Philip Rivers (San Diego TMQB)

TE - Fred Davis

TE - Greg Olsen

WR - Mike Wallace (risky, but I think he'll play)

WR - Torey Smith

I obviously paid the price for securing two early QB's, but I think it's a risk worth taking...especially considering how much I love my two TE's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have a shot to do some damage, but RB is definitely going to be my weakness. I also need Fred Davis and Greg Olsen to be as good as I think they will both be (I have them projected as my TE4 and TE6...much higher than where most have them).QB - Cam Newton (Carolina TMQB)QB - Philip Rivers (San Diego TMQB)TE - Fred DavisTE - Greg OlsenWR - Mike Wallace (risky, but I think he'll play)WR - Torey SmithI obviously paid the price for securing two early QB's, but I think it's a risk worth taking...especially considering how much I love my two TE's.
If you can find some good RBs, you'll be fine - but that can be easier said than done. A few years ago, I didnt take my first running back until maybe round 7. I whiffed on almost all of them. I think I had two that didnt even play a down in the regular season and at least one other that scored a total of about 40-50 points. It was my undoing.

The following teams have already used their flex:

HLW&P, Itchy, and Maggot.

Please make sure to conform to the roster requirments. If a team drafts a player that would make an illegal roster, that player will be put back in the free agent pool and the owner will have to repick.

was really hoping to see 24hrs eclipsed for 1 pick in round 10
I'll admit that its starting to get a bit frustrating. I was surprised at us making progress on Saturday morning and then it came to a complete stop shortly thereafter. Hopefully we can move this along quickly going forward.

Yellow Snow. You just dashed my plans by taking the Arizona TMQB. Nice pick. I wanted no part of Miami, Cleveland or Jacksonville.

I think the drafting has been good this year. There were several times that I passed on someone because I thought that they'd make it back around to me. I dont think that worked out even once.

Rams, St. Louis STL TMQB 9

Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB 6

Benson, Cedric GBP RB 10

Forte, Matt CHI RB (P) 6

Helu, Roy WAS RB 10

Sproles, Darren NOS RB 6

Vereen, Shane NEP RB 9

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR 8

Cobb, Randall GBP WR 10

Decker, Eric DEN WR 7

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR 7

Owens, Terrell SEA WR 11

Dickson, Ed BAL TE 8

Thompson, Taylor TEN TE 11

Brown, Josh NYJ PK 9

Hartley, Garrett NOS PK 6

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def 10

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def 6

With the exception of TE which I am obviously extremely weak at, I feel pretty good about this team.

Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB

Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB

I'm obviously very weak at QB. I'm just hoping for solid performances. Anything nearing 250 points for each would be a victory

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Hillis, Peyton KCC RB

Smith, Kevin DET RB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

I'm happy with this group. They dont show very highly in Dodd's rankings -yet. I think Hillis & Smith are somewhere between under-valued & severely under-valued. I also like KC & DET to push for a playoff spot. Williams should be solid. If he doesnt get hurt, he'll be a good bet to produce to his draft position.

Welker, Wes NEP

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

Hartline, Brian MIA WR

Avant, Jason PHI WR

I love Welker in this format. I think NE goes to the Superbowl. I also think that Moss WAY outperforms his current projection. If Wallace sits out into the season, then Sanders might prove to be a steal. I think Avant will be solid. Not too sure about Hartline.

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Celek, Brent PHI TE

This is obviously the overwhelming strength of my team. If any of these guys dont perform, I'm sunk. However, I really like Gates to have a minor resurgence this year. Gonzo will be about what he was last year, except the Falcons might make a deep playoff run. Celek should be very good. He'll be great if he performs like he did in the second half of last year for the entire 2012 season. I like the playoff potential of all 3, especially Gonzalez & Celek. I think all 3 have 300+ point potential.

Akers, David SFO PK

Bullock, Randy HOU PK

Patriots, New England NEP Def

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def

I'm happy with my PKs & Def - with 3 out of 4 with really solid playoff potential.

Overall: I'm generally happy with what I did. I've been caught in the past waiting too long to fill out my RBs. I tried not to do that this year and it hurt my WR quality. My team is one that I doubt many would like on first glance. I dont have many "big name" QBs or WRs, but I think i'll be in the mix because of my TEs. I think I've also done fairly well avoiding the completely wasted draft pick, but thats TBD. You cant take too many 30's and stay in it. Other than my QBs and one of my Team D's - I think I've been able to pick players from competative teams. I'm hoping that I get a boost from some extra playoff games. I probably could have waited a bit on my PKs, but I've been caught at the end of a run before and gotten one that was dropped before the season even began.

This is my 3rd year doing Anarchy. My general approach is to trust my projections, with a VBD-style adjustment based in part on when positions tend to get drafted in these leagues. I mostly go BPA, counting on being able to fill out my squad adequately in the later portion of the draft, which generally means going heavy on WR/TE early and getting RBs in the mid rounds. The main planning ahead is to avoid getting stuck with junk at the end (like kickers who are competing for a job or QB Jaguars). Once the draft is done, then I get to sit back, watch my team get ravaged by injuries, and hope I make it into the top half of the league.

QB

8. Jets, New York NYJ TMQB

9. Bills, Buffalo BUF TMQB

Tebow! And Chan Gailey's pass-happy attack. My projections say that it wasn't worth taking a QB early, and that I probably could've waited even longer to fill the position.

RB

1. McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

6. Bush, Reggie MIA RB

7. Starks, James GBP RB

13. Royster, Evan WAS RB

The sweet spot for RB in this format tends to be rounds 6-10, when the low-end starters and committee backs go (and after the WR/TEs have thinned out). This year that didn't work so well - Bush is nice, but Starks is already looking like a major risk. Other guys who I liked went sooner than I expected (e.g., Pierre Thomas before my 9th rounder), so I was glad to have gotten my first RB early and I ended up waiting a while on my 4th. I usually don't like guys like Royster who are fighting for a role, but needing a RB that late it seemed worth taking a shot on him.

WR

2. Johnson, Andre HOU WR (P)

3. Cruz, Victor NYG WR

4. Smith, Steve CAR WR

5. Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

11. Bess, Davone MIA WR

12. Baldwin, Doug SEA WR (Q)

This is the core of my team. There are some risks in this group - injuries, one-year-wonder, age, holdout, questionable quarterbacking - but also a lot of talent, strong track records, and potential for big numbers.

TE

10. Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

15. Pitta, Dennis BAL TE (Q)

There are good options at TE throughout the draft in this format - from Gronkowski in the 1st (#1 overall on my draft list) to Dreessen in the 18th. In the early rounds I kept liking the top available WR better than the top TE, and then I missed out on the TE run in rds 5-6 (I would've loved to get Keller in the 6th), so I ended up getting my TEs relatively late. Lewis should be somewhere between his 0-TD TE30 finish from last year and his 10-TD TE5 finish the year before, and Pitta has a good chance to improve on last year's TE21 performance if he can stay healthy & play (I think he's a better receiver than Dickson).

PK

14. Gould, Robbie CHI PK

16. Succop, Ryan KCC PK

Two kickers with safe jobs. Gould is good and on a good team.

Def

17. Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

18. Rams, St. Louis STL Def

Everyone gets two. I'm pretty happy about getting this pair at the end of the draft - they should be closer to average than to awful - especially with the Dolphins squad that looks to me like a solid NFL defense with a strong pass rush.

With the regular season completed, here are the teams within 200 points of the lead and who they still have alive . . .

JEREMYX13 3123.02

Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB

Green, Alex GBP RB

Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB

Tate, Golden SEA WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

Prater, Matt DEN PK

Broncos, Denver DEN DEF

HELL TOUPEE 3000.84

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB

Ridley, Stevan NEP RB

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Colts, Indianapolis IND DEF

Texans, Houston HOU DEF

ZWK 2950.14

Royster, Evan WAS RB

Starks, James GBP RB

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Pitta, Dennis BAL TE

Since you mentioned it . . .JEREMYX13 3258.32 Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQBCOMMUTERMAN 3109.30Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQBGore, Frank SFO RBLloyd, Brandon NEP WRWhite, Roddy ATL WRRavens, Baltimore BAL DefThe question becomes can someone make up 150 points with only 3 games left to play?

JEREMYX13 3289.20None COMMUTERMAN 3199.10Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQBGore, Frank SFO RBRavens, Baltimore BAL Def
Will need a high scoring game with a couple of TDs from the Raven's defense to cover the 90 pts.... Don't see that happening :unsure: Oh well a 2nd place here and a 1st place in league 7 is not a bad showing!! I won't even go into what happened in league 10 :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread