What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for an IDP dynasty with salary cap and contracts (1 Viewer)

Ralph Wilson

Footballguy
I've seen dynasties with contracts. I've seen dynasties with salary caps and IDP's.

I want to find a league that combines the two. I'm looking for an IDP salary cap dynasty with contracts. Anybody want to form one or know where I can go to join one?

These are my favorite types of leagues.

Problem is - everytime I try to join a start up - it folds after one year. It's happened 3 straight seasons to me now.

I would run one with a standard rule set but we would need a few things:

A - a good 12-16 people interested

B - the ability to start an auction soon

C - must have paypal (would be fine with Derek holding the money - he's run a ton of pools here on FBG - or we could just league safe it if someone would show me the ropes)

D - UNREFUNDABLE Deposit for the FOLLOWING season paid up front with each years dues

For example - if we decide on 100 dollar in league fees - payment before you draft would be 150 dollars. 100 for 2012 and a 50 dollar deposit for the following season that would be unrefundable. Payment in July of 2013 would be another 100 dollars - same deal - you're paying the other 50 for 2013 owed as well as a 50 dollar deposit for the 2014 season.

Would definitely like a co-commish and I know Derek's been around for ever so it's up to him. I do travel for work very often and I'm gone 2 weeks a month, but usually have remote access with iPad and/or laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely agree with the paying for the following year up front...at least half.

More than willing to hold the money, but think leaguesafe is perfect as well. No sense in scaring off even one owner for the small price of leaguesafe.

I just do not have time to bang out a constitution.

There are the basics that are easy...

Offensive players and IDPs

Slow auction to determine salaries

Etc

The things that differ among leagues...

Do we keep the whole team

Do we sign contract lengths and deal with the escalating salaries on those contracts

-I am in a league where the middle year on your contracts is the $ amount you won him at....so a 3 year deal...Won the guy at 10 bucks

Year 1-- 8 bucks

Year 2-- 10 bucks

Year 3-- 12 bucks

Not a huge proponent of this, but it makes a lot of sense if the salary cap is the same each year..If you start at 10 bucks and go to 12 and 14...the original 500 dollar cap is going to be impossible to get under if its the same in year 3

Just too much going on for me to bang out a total ruleset with work and my kids.

If we could just copy/paste a set of rules from a league that works with a few customized tweaks we would be in good shape.

Probably would need to start a slow draft by August 10th imo.

This was the simplest/best dynasty league I was ever in and their rule set.

How do these look?

Derek - if they look ok to you - start a thread here. Let's shoot for 12-16 owners. I can set up the rest after we have interest from let's say 8 folks I will pay the MFL fee and set up league safe:

Also...here's the homepage to that league from way back in 2007 if you want to see how the rosters looked:

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/10165#0

1. 2010 League Schedule

a. League Fees of $50.00 are due on April 22. Owners are not permitted to make any transactions until fees are paid.

b. April 22 – May 28

i. Waivers - Outright. Players without a contract that you no longer want on your roster. Player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. UFAs are ineligible to be bid on until the UFA period begins on July 17.

c. May 29 – June 11

i. Waivers - Contract Buyouts. Waivers of players with contracts. (Penalties apply) Player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent.

d. June 12 – June 13

i. Designate franchise player.

ii. 10% Salary increase applied.

e. June 14 – September 6

i. Contract Renewals - Players with expired contracts. (Renewal Chart Applies)

f. June 19 – July 2

i. Restricted Free Agent Period - Players without a contract that you don't want to re-sign according to the automatic renewal chart. (i.e. players that you want to sign at a rate lower to or equal to last year). RFA Period begins at 6 a.m. During this period bids will be run on the following 2 Fridays (6 pm). Remember that a player must be dropped by Wednesday at 6 p.m. to be eligible for the following Friday auction.

g. July 16 – until finished

i. Rookie Auction - Auction begins at 6 pm

h. July 17 – July 30

i. Contract Renegotiation Period - Players with a contract...but you would like to lower their current salary. Renegotiation Period begins at 6:00 a.m.. Auction Bids will be run on each of the next 2 Friday nights at 6 p.m. Remember that a player must be dropped by Wednesday at 6 p.m. to be eligible for the following Friday auction.

i. July 31 – September 3

i. Unrestricted Free Agent Period - Bids will be run each Friday at 6 p.m. during this time frame. UFA Period begins at 6 a.m.

j. August 16

i. Rosters cut to 38

k. August 23

i. Rosters cut to 35

l. August 30

i. Rosters cut to 32

ii. Taxi Squad Opens

a. September 6

i. Rosters cut to 30

ii. All Contract lengths due

iii. IR Opens

b. September - December 4

i. In season waiver bids will be run every Wednesday and Friday at 8:15 p.m. Bidding ends @ 8 p.m.

2. Owner Activity

a. This league is a year round league. There are deadlines during the season and off-season alike.

b. Owners are required to meet these deadlines. Owners not participating and meeting deadlines will be replaced with a suitable replacement.

c. The league season “officially” begins on April 22 and ends with the Topdog Championship game.

3. Entry Fees/Payouts

a. Each franchise will be responsible for a $50.00 entry fee (per year) for a league total of $700.00 dollars. Entry fee is due each year by the posted date. If the league fee is not paid or if suitable arrangements have not been made with the commissioner by the deadline, the franchise will be given a new owner. Under no circumstance will an owner be given access to his/her team during the off-season without paying the fee.

b. This league has several off season deadlines and these deadlines must be met so that the league can function. Late or non payments will not be allowed.

c. Total payout will be $700.00 dollars. $70.00 dollars goes for the MFL website. Other pay-outs are as follows.

i. League Champ - $300.00

ii. 1st Runner up - $200.00

iii. 2nd Runner up - $ 50.00

iv. 3rd Runner up - $ 50.00

v. Doghouse Bracket Champion - $30.00 (Applied to following year entry fee) In the event MFL fees increase, the Doghouse payout will be reduced to make up for the difference.

4. Teams/League Makeup/Playoffs

a. This league will consist of 14 Franchises all in one division.

b. Team names must consist of an "area" and a "nickname."

c. All team owners are urged to come up with a "unique" logo and/or team helmet.

d. The commissioner will be glad to assist anyone who may need help in this endeavor.

e. All logos must not be rude and/or offensive.

f. Regular season play will comprise 13 weeks with the playoffs beginning on week #14.

g. The top 7 teams will advance to the playoffs beginning week 14. (Topdog Championship Bracket)

i. Week 14 (The #1 seed will have a bye the 1st week of the playoffs.)

1. Game 1: 2nd seed vs. 7 seed

2. Game 2: 3rd vs 6

3. Game 3: 4th vs 5

ii. Week 15 (Of the remaining seeds)

1. Game 4: 1 vs 4

2. Game 5: 2 vs 3

iii. Week #16

1. Winner of Game 4 vs Game 5

h. The bottom 7 teams will advance to the Doghouse Bracket. The bracket will play out same as the Topdog Bracket with the 8th placed team seeded #1 and the 14th placed team seeded 7th.

5. Salary Cap

a. Salary cap for the initial year will be $150.00 dollars.

b. The cap will be raised each year by 5 percent and will be rounded to the nearest multiple of .25.

c. Caps through 2011 are listed below. Minimum salaries for the corresponding year will be 1% of the cap rounded to the nearest .05. (Minimum salary for the corresponding year is in parenthesis)

i. 2007 – 173.75 ($1.75)

ii. 2008 - 182.50 ($1.85)

iii. 2009 – 191.50 ($1.90)

iv. 2010 – 201.00 ($2.00)

v. 2011 – 211.00 ($2.10)

vi. 2012 – 221.50 ($2.20)

vii. 2013 – 232.50 ($2.35)

6. Rookie Acquisitions/Rookie Auction

a. Rookies will be acquired in the off-season by open auction.

b. The commissioner will add the players drafted in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft (excluding offensive linemen) to the auction board.

c. At no time will there be more than 15 players on the board excluding the players with less than 10% of the auction time remaining. (Time noted in red when less than 10% remaining)

d. Players will be awarded to the franchise with the highest bid after the player has not been bid on for 12 hours.

e. The lowest bid increment will be .25. The minimum bid will be 1% of the Salary Cap or the nearest .25 equal to or more than the minimum salary. Minimum bids for the upcoming years are as follows:

i. 2007 - $ 1.75

ii. 2008 - $ 2.00

iii. 2009 - $ 2.00

iv. 2010 - $ 2.00

v. 2011 - $ 2.25

vi. 2012 - $ 2.25

vii. 2013 - $ 2.50

f. Any rookies not put on the open auction board will be available for blind bid waivers during the UFA period.

g. Contracts may be from 1-5 years in length and must be determined by the final cut down date.

h. All player salaries increase by 10% each year of the contract.

i. This increase will be assessed each year after the NFL draft according to the posted schedule. Inaugural franchise rosters were filled at open auction.

7. In-Season Blind Bid Waivers

a. During the regular season blind bid waivers will be conducted 2 times weekly.

b. Once on Wednesday @ 6 p.m. and another time on Saturday morning @ 8 a.m.

c. Rosters must always stay under the roster player limits and cap limits.

i. Free Agents on an NFL IR are not eligible for Blind Bid waivers.

d. There will be no Blind Bid waivers conducted after the kick off of week #13. (Remember, players may only be dropped after week #11 to make space for TS or IR players.

8. Rosters & Starters

a. Rosters will consist of no more than 30 players.

b. Roster will consist of a minimum of 27 players.

c. Only 2 ST will be allowed on a roster at one time.

d. During the off-season, rosters may expand to 40.

e. The starting lineup will be as follows:

i. QB – 1

ii. RB – 2

iii. WR/TE – 3

iv. DL – 2

v. LB – 3

vi. DB – 2

vii. ST (inc K/P) – 1

9. Injured Reserve

a. Each franchise will be allowed one player on the injured reserve list. There is no off season IR.

b. Player must be designated as out on the official NFL injury report or be on the NFL teams IR.

c. Players on injured reserve count 50% of current salary against the team cap.

10. Taxi Squad

a. Each franchise will have a 3 player Taxi Squad. There is no off season TS.

b. Taxi Squad players will not count against the cap.

c. All players on the Taxi Squad must have a salary equal to the minimum league

d. Rookies acquired during auction @ auction minimum may be placed on the TS.

e. Any player activated from the taxi squad must be given a 10% increase.

f. Contracts may be from 1-5 years. TS players do not require a contact. The 10% salary increase still applies when the player is activated even you choose to sign a TS player to a contract. The first year of a Taxi Squad contract is not binding and will not count against the cap in any manner. Contract years 2-5 are binding and penalties will count against the cap if the player is released.

g. Any player on the active roster already under contract may not be moved to the Taxi Squad.

h. Once the player is activated, he may not be returned to the taxi squad unless he is first released.

i. Suspended NFL Players

i. Any player may be placed on the Taxi Squad while on suspension from an NFL Roster.

ii. The Taxi Squad limit will still be a total of 3 players.

iii. There will be no limit on the suspended players’ salary and no increase when the player comes off Taxi Squad.

iv. The player must be suspended for at least 4 games.

v. This rule does not include the retirement of a player. The normal league rules regarding contracts would apply to this situation.

11. Cut down dates

a. There will be 4 cut down dates.

b. One (1) for each week of the preseason schedule not including the Hall of Fame game weekend.

c. Dates will be announced during the off season.

12. Player Contracts

a. Players must be signed to contracts of 1-5 years in length.

b. Players’ contracts do not become guaranteed unless they are on the roster on the final cut down date.

c. Players signed in the off season (from waivers or free agency) may be waived at any time without penalty if dropped in the same off season they were acquired. Some restrictions apply to RFAs. See RFA rules for clarifications.

d. Once the player has been given a contract for a certain number of years, the contract becomes binding. (Rookies and veterans alike)

e. Signing franchise has the obligation to keep said player on team roster for the full length of the contract unless the contract is either bought out or renegotiated.

f. Contracts will only be voided in the event of death. Players that retire from the NFL remain under contract and penalties apply if released.

g. The salary will increase 10% each year of the contract and will be assessed immediately prior to the RFA signing period. Any player under contract at that point will receive the increase.

13. Player Trades

a. Players may be traded from team to team.

b. Franchise salary caps must be taken into consideration when making any trades.

c. No trades will be allowed if the trade puts a team over the salary cap.

d. Trade offers accepted by different teams that include the same player will be awarded to the team that accepts first.

e. Trades may include salary cap cash.

i. Salary cap cash may not exceed any more than 75% of the top paid player at his position. (i.e. if top paid player at position is $10.0.....max cash is $7.5)

ii. Cash only deals must be a minimum of 20% of the Salary.

iii. Remember.....salary cap cash is deducted and added accordingly to the "Salary Adjustment" totals.

f. There will be no trades after the kickoff on week #11 through the end of the championship game.

g. Owners should be responsible for responding to trade offers from other league owners. Some recommendations are as follows:

i. You should check your trade offers EVERY TIME you log onto the league website.

ii. If the offer is not acceptable…..reject it immediately.

iii. Make counter offers OR at least make suggestions in the comment box provided.

iv. If you need time to think about the offer, you should e-mail the owner that offered the trade or post a message on the board giving a time frame for responding to the offer.

h. Trades must be approved by the Commissioner.

i. Criteria for overturning a trade

i. Obvious unfair trades or series of trades as deemed by the commissioner which have an appearance of collusion will be revoked by the commissioner.

ii. Objection from 2 other owners.

1. If 2 league owners object to a trade once it has been accepted by the commissioner, a vote will be taken.

2. Owners should notify the commissioner by e-mail or messenger when objecting to a trade.

3. Owners who object to trades will remain anonymous.

4. Objections should be made within 24 hours of the trade.

5. A poll will be posted and owners not involved in the trade will be given 24 hours to accept or overturn the trade.

6. Eight votes will be required to overturn a trade.

7. Trades will be suspended (Reversed), in the event 2 owners object, until the vote has been completed.

8. The In-season weekly deadline to submit a trade to the commissioner is Sunday @ 10 a.m.

9. It is the owner’s responsibility to be alert to the activities of the league. If a trade is suspended or reversed, it is the responsibility of the owners involved to correct their lineup.

10. No notification of the poll, reversal or suspension of the trade is required.

iii. Trade errors will be reversed as long as the commissioner is notified within 1 hour of the trade.

iv. The commissioner will hold all trades for 1 hour to provide an opportunity for owners to correct accidental acceptance or offers of a trade.

v. It is the responsibility of the owners to contact the commissioner to correct accidental acceptance of a trade.

vi. There is no recourse to revoke a trade once it has been approved by the commissioner except as provided above.

14. Contract Buyouts

a. If a franchise owner decides that he no longer wants to keep a player under contract on the active roster for the remainder of the contract, the player contract may be bought out and the player released.

b. When a player’s contract is bought out, the team must pay half of each years remaining salary.

c. Guaranteed contracts count 100% against the cap and will be noted with an asterisk (*) next to the year of expiration. (See Renegotiated Contracts, RFAs and Franchise Players for examples of contracts that are or could be guaranteed)

d. The buyout amount for the current year will be added to the "Salary Adjustment" total located on the team roster.

e. The buyout total for the remaining years may be added to the current year or spread out over the remaining years of the contract. Future year “Salary Adjustments” are posted in the chart posted on the website. The owner must notify the commissioner by e-mail or message board post at the time of the buyout if the total is to be applied to the current year.

f. Buyouts are conducted during the season through week #11 and the off-season during a specified time period. (See Schedule)

g. After the kickoff of Week #11 a player’s contract may only be bought out make roster space for a TS or IR player. The buyout total for that contract may not be applied totally to the current year and must be spread equally to the remaining contract.

15. Salary Adjustments

a. Salary Adjustments count toward the team salary cap. Salary adjustments are one of the following:

i. Half of the remaining contract of a contract buyout when a player under contract is released.

ii. Salary Cap “Cash” used as compensation to another team or received from another team for player(s) in a trade.

b. Each teams' roster will have a line entry that will display the teams Salary Adjustments.

c. Future year “Salary Adjustments,” other than the current year, are posted in a chart posted on the website. (link at top of most league web pages)

16. Renegotiated Contracts

a. Contracts may be renegotiated during a specified time in the off-season. The commissioner will announce the exact date.

b. Procedures to renegotiate a contract.

i. Contract renegotiation period will consist of 2 separate back to back one week periods.

ii. Any franchise owner that wishes to designate a player for renegotiations must first drop the player by Wednesday during one of the 2 week periods.

iii. The owner must then immediately reclaim the player from waivers with a blind bid of up to 50% less than current salary.

iv. Any other franchise owner that wants to bid on a player up for renegotiations must bid more than 20% higher than the current teams blind bid to win the contract.

v. Blind Bids will be taken until 6 p.m. Friday each week.

vi. The commissioner will run the blind bids @ 6 p.m. each Friday.

c. The franchise that receives the player must sign the player to a contract equal to or more than the remaining years left on the current contract.

d. If the team that originated the renegotiations wins the bid – the contract must also be guaranteed. If that player is ever waived during the remaining term of the contract – the franchise will still be fully liable for the contract. Guaranteed contracts will be noted with an asterisk (*) next to the year of expiration.

e. There are no other cap penalties involved.

f. Players may not have their salaries renegotiated in the 1st year of a contract.

g. Guaranteed Salaries cannot be renegotiated.

17. Illegal Rosters

a. In the event that a roster becomes illegal because of the acquisition of a Free Agent or for any other reason.....that roster must be made legal by the owner within 48 hours or the commish will make the roster legal.

b. Examples of Illegal rosters include but may not be limited to:

i. Exceeding the Salary Cap limit.

ii. Exceeding the limit for # of players allowed on a roster.

iii. Having more than 2 Special Teams on a roster.

18. Options for Expired Contracts

a. Automatically renew the contract up to five years.

i. Salaries for contract renewals are based number of years of the new contract.

1. 1 year = Current Salary multiplied by 1.5

2. 2 years = Current Salary multiplied by 1.4

3. 3 years = Current Salary multiplied by 1.3

4. 4 years = Current Salary multiplied by 1.2

5. 5 years = Current Salary multiplied by 1.1

ii. The time period for contract renewals will be announced each off season by the commissioner.

iii. Renewals may be 1-5 years.

b. Designate as the Team Franchise Player

i. Each year an owner may designate one player as their Franchise Player.

ii. A Franchise player’s 1st year salary will be equal to the last year of his previous contract.

iii. The 10% increase per year rule still applies to subsequent years of the contract.

iv. The contract MUST be for 3-5 years and the contract MUST ALSO BE GUARANTEED.

v. This contract can never be bought out.

1. If the player is ever waived, the contract will still count against the cap in full.

vi. Guaranteed contracts will be noted with an as trick (*) next to the year of expiration.

vii. Guaranteed Salaries cannot be renegotiated.

c. Designate as a Restricted Free Agent (RFA)

i. Players may be designated RFA’s only in the off-season according to the posted league schedule.

ii. Procedures for RFAs

1. RFA period will consist of 2 separate back to back one week periods.

2. Any franchise owner that wishes to designate a player as a RFA must first drop the player by Wednesday during the week of RFA.

3. The owner must then immediately reclaim the player from waivers with a blind bid of up to 50% less than current salary.

4. Any other franchise owner that wants to bid on a RFA must bid more than 20% higher than the current teams blind bid to win the contract.

5. Blind Bids will be taken until 6 p.m. each week of RFA.

6. In the case of a tie blind bid the player will be won by the original team.

7. The commissioner will run the blind bids @ 6 p.m. each Friday of RFA

iii. If the new franchise wins the bid, that player must be signed to a contract of 3-5 years.

iv. If the original franchise retains the players’ rights the contract may be 1-5 years.

d. Waive/Release/Drop

i. If an owner does not want to sign the player to an automatic extension or designate as a franchise player or RFA, the player must be waived and will become a UFA.

ii. Unrestricted Free Agents may be bid on during the Regular Season and during a specified time during the Off-Season.

iii. Player must be dropped by Wednesday at 6 p.m. to be eligible for the following Friday waiver draft.

iv. UFAs may be signed to contracts of 1-5 years.

19. A schedule will be posted during the off season indicating the dates of all off season activities.

20. Owner Responsibilities and Agreements

a. Owners are responsible for knowing and following the league rules, bylaws & schedules.

b. Each franchise expressly promises to participate in the league acting with integrity, good faith and fair dealing.

c. Each owner is responsible for the running of their franchise in an honest and competitive manner in according to the league rules and laws.

d. Owners are to fulfill the responsibilities and expectations listed in these rules.

e. Responsible for ensuring the league is updated with contact information.

f. Responsible for responding to email from the Commissioner, Competition Committee or other owners in a timely manner.

g. Owners should also understand the role of the competition committee.

h. Owners are responsible for taking part in league votes and debates.

i. Owners understand that non participating owners are subject to be replaced without warning.

j. Owners also understand that a level of participation is also required during the off-season which includes:

i. Responding to all trade offers in a timely manner

ii. Keeping up with all league schedules including the off-season schedule of events.

21. Definitions

a. Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA) – Any player who is not on a team roster.

b. Restricted Free Agent (RFA) – Any player who is not on a team roster that has been waived (dropped) during a specified time period.

c. Contract Buyout – Releasing/dropping a player that is still under contract.

d. Contract Renegotiation – Reducing a player salary.
Better formatting would just to be to click on the link above and click on "Bylaws" link

Dynasty Salary Cap Fantasy Football Quick Definition :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dynasty fantasy football is much more complex than other leagues you have played in. You manage your team based on a salary cap and contract years, thus you can keep a player for their entire career if desired and managed correctly. Dynasty leagues also add another dimension with the annual rookie draft, free agency, and IDP’s (individual defensive players). These elements make for additional fun that regular redraft leagues cannot offer. Dynasty leagues are long term leagues, so please only join if you are serious in playing long term. Finding replacement owners is possible, but not desirable.

Website : We will be using www.myfantasyleague.com ; It is a good website, it works well, it provides timely updates on NFL news, and it’s one of the only sites that will allow us to use an auction style draft online.

General League Set Up

Our league will consist of 12 teams ØLeague fee is $75 annually; There will be no real money charged for player transactions. ØLeague fees may increase at some point to keep up with inflation, but for the time being they will not increase. When an increase in fees is brought up we will have a league vote on the issue. ØIn the inaugural year, the league will be randomly split into two 6 team conferences (AFC and NFC) and four divisions (AFC East, AFC West, NFC North, and NFC South) These conferences and divisions are set in stone and will help to develop rivalries. ØEach team will play their division foes twice yearly and non-divisional foes once yearly. ØThe Regular Season = weeks 1-13 ØThe Playoffs = weeks 14-16 ØThe four division winners get automatic playoff births and will be seeded 1 and 2 for their respected conferences. There will also be 2 wild card winners from each conference based on the tie breaker rules below. ØTie Breaker Rules: 1.Overall Record 2.Head to Head 3.Season Points Scored 4.Most Points Scored In One Game

Payouts:

$75 x 12 teams = $900 - $70 league website fee = $830 total pool money

Super Bowl Winner: $300

Super Bowl Runner-Up: $150

Division Winners: $75 (x 4 = $300)

Weekly high score: $5 (x 16 = $80)

Website fees = $70/year

---------------------------------------

$900 total

Basic Roster Rules:

Active Roster: Your team’s active roster can range from 14-30 players + the taxi squad. During the NFL season you must always have at least 1 QB, 2 RB’s, 3 WR’s, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 LB’s, 2 DE/DT’s, and 2 CB/S’s on your active roster (required starting line up).

Starting Lineup: Each week you’ll be stating 1 QB, 2 RB’s, 3 WR’s, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 LB’s, 2 DE/DT’s, and 2 CB/S’s;

Taxi Squad : Can range from 0-12 players. Reserved for players with 3 years of experience or less. Once a player starts his 4th season in the NFL, that player must be cut or placed on your active roster. **Once a player has been promoted to your active roster, that player is no longer eligible for the taxi squad**

Salary Cap/Contract Rules:

Salary Cap: Each team will be awarded $200 of cap money. This money is used to bid on/sign players during our inaugural auction & free agency. It is also used to pay your players’ salaries. The salary cap will increase by $10 every year, so the second year all teams will have $210 of cap money, and so on. Money cannot be traded, sold, or redistributed in any manner. At no time can the sum of your players’ salaries and 50% of your taxi squad salaries exceed the set salary cap.

Player Salary: A player’s salary is determined by the winning auction bid or free agency bid or assigned draft contract price. For example, if an active player’s salary is $20, it counts $20 against your salary cap.

Contract Years: Each team is allotted 60 contact years. At no time can the total number of contract years for all of your players exceed 60 years. Taxi squad players do not count against contract years, however they do count 50% against your salary cap. Initial player contracts are to be “negotiated” by each owner. After each owner drafts a player or acquires him from FA, he must sit down and "negotiate" a length of a contract at the price he paid for the player. There is no maximum length for a contract for any player but the owner must stay under that contract cap of 60 years! For example, if you sign a player with a $20 salary to a 4 year contact, they will count $20 against your salary cap for the next four years (unless you drop or them-see penalty for dropping players below).

Taxi Squad Implications: Again the taxi squad is reserved for players with 3 or less years of NFL experience. The sum of the salaries on your taxi squad counts 50% against your cap, rounding up for odd numbers. For example, you have four players on your taxi squad: $1, $5, $3, $2 => $11 total => only $6 counts against your total salary cap. Another advantage of the taxi squad is that they do not have actual contracts yet, so they don’t count against your total 60 contract years. Once you promote a player from the taxi squad to your active roster, 100% of their salary counts against your cap and you must immediately specify the length of their contract (ie. 3 years, etc.). Once a player is promoted from your taxi squad to the active roster, that player is no longer eligible for taxi squad status.

Trades: Trades are obviously very important in dynasty leagues, however a player’s contract and salary follows him. A trade will not be allowed if it brings either participating team over the salary cap or contract cap. Draft picks are fair game for trades. Trades can be disputed by any member of the league, however trades should not be voided unless they are blatantly unfair. For example, a team trades a 1st round pick straight up for a 3rd round pick. Trades in dynasty leagues are more complex than just looking at how good the players involved are now. Salary is also involved-so a trade involving a star player for a lesser up and coming player is not out of question.

If a trade is disputed by two or more teams, there will be a league vote. A majority vote must be obtained to void the trade (7 of 12 teams objecting). Again, I don’t see this happening.

The trading deadline is Thanksgiving Day before the start of the first game. Trading can be resumed in the off-season on the day after our fantasy Super Bowl.

The Commissioner will review and approve trades. The commissioner will evaluate the trade on a timely basis.

**Any attempt to dump players, stack teams or conduct trades otherwise viewed as one-sided, unethical or involving the exchange of money are strictly illegal and if proven are subject to possible removal from the league.**

When a player is traded the new owner must put him on his active roster if he was on the active roster of the previous manager. If the player was on the taxi squad of the previous manager, the new manager has the option to put the player on his active roster or taxi squad.

Releasing a player under contract: You can drop a player under contract at anytime to free up cap space and contract years. If a player is dropped the player's contract year(s) will not be counted against the contract cap anymore. There is, however, a 50% salary cap penalty for the remainder of that player’s contract. For Example, if you drop Tony Dorsett ($31 salary x 5 years), you'll be penalized $16 x 5 years.

Resigning a Player:

Once a player’s initial contract runs out, you have the option to resign them to another contract extension so they do not hit the free agent market. The owner will pay a 50% increase on the player’s current Salary . Fractional values will be rounded up the nearest $1 increment. Maximum length of a contract extension is 2 years to promote some player turnover. A PLAYER MAY ONLY BE SIGNED TO ONE 2 YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION. ONCE THAT EXTENSION IS UP,THEY ARE A FREE AGENT. Again the max of 2 year extension is to promote some player movement, but you will be able to bid on this player in free agency if desired.

Example: Player Z had a $5, 5 year contract that just expired and the owner wants to sign the player for another 2 years after the FIRST contract ran out. His contract would look like this:

Year 1: $5

Year 2: $5

Year 3: $5

Year 4: $5

Year 5: $5

----EXTENDED TWO YEARS----

Year 6: $ $8 <- Salary goes up 50% to $8.

Year 7: $ $8

-----------FREE AGENT----------

**OFF-SEASON AMNESTY CLAUSE** - Each team will be allotted ONE Amnesty Clause (a free/no penalty drop) each year, however that clause must be used before the player resign period in the spring (~ May 1st). For example, I own Marshawn Lynch for $45 x 4 years…….I may use my amnesty and drop him during the SPRING to get his full $45 salary back. THIS IS OFFSEAON ONLY - from the last day of fantasy playoff (after week 16) up until the designated resign period (~ May 1st).

**IMPORTANT: The owner that drops a player using the Amnesty Clause CANNOT bid on that player up free agency the next year**.

Offseason Free Agents:

**Once a dropped player reaches the off-season, that player’s salary and contract years are reset to zero for free agency bidding. An auction will be held in July to award free agents. Remember you use your extra salary cap space to sign these free agents **

Injured Reserve (IR):

A player can only be placed on IR if he is designated so by the NFL. An injured player that is not out for the season cannot be placed on IR. Any IR player on this list is to stay there for the entire season. Players on IR DO NOT count against the team contract years cap but DO count against the salary cap. Players on IR must be activated before the date to submit final roster moves or they will be dropped from the team. There are 5 IR slots.

Career ending injury or Player retirement clause:

If a player has multiple years left on his contract and retires unexpectedly (i.e. Ricky Williams) or suffers an unforeseen career ending injury, that player may be dropped from a roster for a penalty of 25% of the current year contract amount-then they are off the books. The current year begins the day after the fantasy Super Bowl.

NFL Pre-season Transactions:

Pre-season transactions will begin at the start of training camp and just as last year you can pick up free agents via blind bid only. Starting at 1 pm EST Sunday through 9 PM EST Wednesday, free agents may be bid on through the website. These bids will be blind bids and the largest bidder wins the player at 9 PM EST Wednesday. The bid price will be the player’s salary. If there is a tie bid on a player the commissioner will have a random drawing to award the player.

In-season Transactions:

Free Agent Pick Ups may be made throughout the season up until our fantasy playoffs (week 13). Rosters will be locked for playoffs starting kickoff (1300 EST) the Sunday of Week 13. There will be two ways to pick up free agents weekly:

1) Weekly Blind Bid process: Starting at 1 pm EST Sunday through 9 PM EST Wednesday, free agents may be bid on through the website. These bids will be blind bids and the largest bidder wins the player at 9 PM EST Wednesday. The bid price will be the player’s salary. The player will be assigned a 1 year deal unless you notify the commish you want to assign a longer contract. Blind bid ties-winner of player is determined by league tie breaker rules.

2) Free for all Free Agent Pick-Ups: Starting Thursday 9 AM EST each week, all free agents not bid on in the blind bid process are available for pick up- first come first serve at $1. Owners can add free agents during this period on their own. All players picked up will be assigned a 1 year contract unless specified otherwise by the owner. A player cannot be picked up if they have already played in the current week. For example, The Chargers played a Thursday night game and Buster Davis had a huge game. No team can pick-up Buster on Friday morning since he has already played. He is however obviously available for the blind bid process the next week.

Off-season Schedule:

There will be four separate off-season deadlines/periods. Dates for these will be determined annually, but they will always occur in the following order:

1)Player resigning (~ May 1st but must fall at least 10 days after the NFL schedule is announced and a link to said schedule is posted on the league message board)

2)Annual rookie draft (~ May 10th)

3)Free Agency Auction (~ July 1st)

4)Player contracts due (1 week after FA process is complete)

Annual Rookie Draft:

Rookie Salaries:

-(these assigned salaries may be increased in a few years to keep up with our increasing salary cap. If a change is made, it will be happen before our season starts for fairness.)

Pick #1 overall: $15

Pick #2 overall: $14

Pick #3 overall: $13

Pick #4 overall: $11

Pick #5 overall: $9

Picks #6-8 overall: $8

Pick #9-12 overall: $6

2nd round: $4

3rd round: $2

4th round: $1

5th round: $1

Off-Season Free Agency Signing Period:

All players not resigned, released players that go unsigned, players not under contract, and un-drafted rookies are all available to be signed during the off-season free agency period. Free agency is run auction style, similar to our inaugural draft. We will do a random drawing for order to bring up players for bid. 24 players at a time. If a free agent is not bid on for 24 hours, that player is sold to the highest bidder. Free agency will end when all teams are done pursuing available players. At this time free agents will be locked until NFL preseason, then the in-season free agency starts.

***IMPORTANT Free Agency Rules***

1) An owner may NOT bid on a player that was released using the amnesty clause.

Player Contract Deadline:

After free agency is complete, I’ll assign a deadline for assigning newly acquired players (drafted and FA’s) contracts. Remember that you need to stay within 60 cap years total.

League Scoring:

Remember we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 LB, 2 DE/DT, 2 CB/S

OFFENSIVE SCORING:

0.1 points for every 1 yard rushing or receiving

0.1 points for every 2 yards passing

1 point per reception

6 points for a rushing or receiving TD

4 points for a passing TD

6 points for a special teams TD

– 1 point for a lost fumble or INT thrown

3 points for a field goal < 40 yards

4 points for a field goal 40-49 yards

5 points for a field goal 50+ yards

1 point for a made extra point

-1 point for a missed field goal or extra point

2 points for a 2 point conversion (passing, rushing or receiving)

DEFENSIVE SCORING:

1 point per tackle

0.5 points per assist

3 points for a sack

1 point for a defended pass

4 points for an INT or fumble recovery or forced fumble or safety

4 points for a blocked punt or FG

6 points for a defensive TD or punt/kick return for TD

^^^

I like most of the above - the only thing I'd tweak is the cost to re-sign a player whos first contract has run out.

Only a 5 dollar increase total for each year on top of his initial salary?

Seems to me it should be a progressive/scale-able increase depending on the length of the deal - not just a flat 50% for every single year thereafter:

So taking the example from above

Year 6: $ $8 <- Salary goes up 50% to $8.

Year 7: $ $8

and changing it to this:

Year 6: $ $10 <- Salary goes up 100% to $10 for a 2 year contract

Year 7: $ $10

If you wanted to extend the player 1 year it would be 50%, 2 years = 100%, 3 years = 150%, 4 years = 200%, etc...

So if you wanted to re-sign to a 4 year deal it would be:

----EXTENDED FOUR YEARS----

Year 6: $ $15 <- Salary goes up 200% to $15 for a 4 year contract

Year 7: $ $15

Year 8: $ $15

Year 9: $ $15

In other words, I'd like to see the length of the contracts be progressive and/or commensurate with the length of increase, which increases the risk of signing a player to a long term deal after their initial deal and increasing the churn of new players to be auction off in the off-season free agent pool.

i would be ok with that, however i think rarely would a 4 year extention be used. the most important change that i would suggest would be changing the # of teams making the playoffs from 8 to 6

SOB, got on the computer to get ahead on work for tomorrow (Have a major plumbing malfunction and need to work from home tomorrow...planning on a nap or two) and I get on here real quick...now I wont be getting ahead and you can kiss those naps goodbye.

One thing I liked about Bender's was an open auction for rookies...that would be sweet and unique. Any pros and cons from that from this league Bender?? I can see some teams in serious salary dump mode to make a run at Trent Richardson, Andrew Luck, Justin Blackmon...or something like that. I guess that is very similar to trying to trade for a slew of draft picks.

Also agree with Bender's assessment of very little risk signing a guy to an extension. I dont mind having that option, I think the penalty should be steeper to promote turnover.

Other than that I am fine with a flat 10% on everyone's salary every year. And a simple escalating salary cap at a rate lower than the 10%. So the 5% works.

Getting closer...

I'm going to drink a lot of coffee and try to type up bylaws today that make this simple and the best of both sets posted IMO.

Next is recruitment - we should probably get our own thread. Derek### the only reason I suggested you start it, is you have a bit more cache through running pools over the years, etc.

I'm going to drink a lot of coffee and try to type up bylaws today that make this simple and the best of both sets posted IMO.Next is recruitment - we should probably get our own thread. Derek### the only reason I suggested you start it, is you have a bit more cache through running pools over the years, etc.
As soon as you get the bylaws I will startup the thread. Will post at a few reputable sites and I may have a buddy or two interested.Get a good solid group and some rules and we should be in good shape.

The member John Bender cannot receive any new messages

derek.boesken@gmail.com

Bender, shoot them to me if you are stuck on a section or need some input. Can talk via email and get these things banged out.

Users who are viewing this thread