What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gay Day @ Chick-Fil-A. (3 Viewers)

Yeah! Let's teach them a lesson by buying their products!!!

Seriously, the people who work at the individual franchises probably don't give a #### if you're gay or not. It's the people up top. And from that high up, all they're seeing is the money rolling in.

Yeah! Let's teach them a lesson by buying their products!!!Seriously, the people who work at the individual franchises probably don't give a #### if you're gay or not. It's the people up top. And from that high up, all they're seeing is the money rolling in.
Actually that's not true. Apparently there have been a lot of complaints about people being fired for "un-christian behavior" which seems to be mostly about being gay. Pretty sure the board isn't coming to individual locations and firing people.

I hate flashmobs but they should really do gay pride flashmobs at every Chick-fil-A in the country.

Yeah! Let's teach them a lesson by buying their products!!!Seriously, the people who work at the individual franchises probably don't give a #### if you're gay or not. It's the people up top. And from that high up, all they're seeing is the money rolling in.
Actually that's not true. Apparently there have been a lot of complaints about people being fired for "un-christian behavior" which seems to be mostly about being gay. Pretty sure the board isn't coming to individual locations and firing people.
If that's the case, it's not really making the news. but either way, is giving the chain your business really the way to get them to change their point of view?

If that's the case, it's not really making the news. but either way, is giving the chain your business really the way to get them to change their point of view?
I stopped giving them my business a long time ago. I didn't want my money going to these hateful bigots. But I can understand wanting to rub their faces in it a little.

Original chicken sandwich is top notch....best fast food sandwich. Who cares about their politics?

Nerds

We haven' had a Chik-Fil-A around here in a decade at least. Then I move and there is one right down the street. I LOVE Chik-Fil-A. Why do these people have to be such jackasses?!!

Maybe it is me, but I don't have a clue of what is going on...the link in the OP shows a Chik-Fil-Gay'ed Kirk Cameron, but that is about it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maybe it is me, but I don't have a clue of what is going on...the link in the OP shows a Chik-Fil-Gay'ed Kirk Cameron, but that is about it? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Kirk is highly religious. Has his own set of "Left Behind" films about what happens when the rapture comes. So using him would be like if they used Jerry Fallwell or Pat Robertson.

So they're going to help chick-a-fil open more stores and create more jobs whose policies they don't like? Brilliant.

Kirk is highly religious. Has his own set of "Left Behind" films about what happens when the rapture comes. So using him would be like if they used Jerry Fallwell or Pat Robertson.
Not exactly. Cameron believes gays are destroying our civilization. Falwell has become about as gay friendly as a Christian leader can be in recent years.

Not exactly. Cameron believes gays are destroying our civilization. Falwell has become about as gay friendly as a Christian leader can be in recent years.
Might want to check the obits.

Was that his point? He is dead...and thus friendlier.

No, I'll admit the mistake. Jerry Fallwell dying is as eventful to me as Abe Vigoda's status. I just remember when he came around on the gays.

Having been through the interviewing process, and a having a good friend on the list for getting one of the next franchises to open in this area, I can tell you they get all up in your business in the interview.They are serious about references. Friends, and more specifically references within your church. This was obviously an issue with me, because while many people at the church gave me a good reference - my attendance on sundays, and my lack of enthusiasm for it was probably fairly obvious. I was axed second round, and I was amazed to hear back from them after the emphasis they placed on religion.Long story short, they make pretty damn sure you fit "the mold".

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'll admit the mistake. Jerry Fallwell dying is as eventful to me as Abe Vigoda's status. I just remember when he came around on the gays.
Abe Vigoda is 91, and alive.

I think crap like this does more harm for the gay movement than helps

the gays ought to be like Larry on Curb at the palestinian chicken place

Original chicken sandwich is top notch....best fast food sandwich. Who cares about their politics?Nerds
they moved into chicagoland somewhat recently, I think, and I finally got around to stopping in, and I have to admit it was a pretty good chicken sandwich, but it could've been a little bigger -- or maybe it was so good I could've eaten 2.mine was very juicy, like it came right off the chicken cooking device.but have you had the burger king tendercrisp?also good.they used to have this awesome hot tendercrisp where they used pepperjack cheese, some kind of hot mayo, or whatever, and put jalapenos on it -- I was munchin' those things but they got discontinued.and I don't think there'd be christian flashmobs because technology is the devil's handiwork.

Which organization is worse, Chik-Fil-A or the Boy Scouts? They both hate the gays so that part is a wash. I'm thinking the neckerchief puts the Boy Scouts in the lead but I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise.

Which organization is worse, Chik-Fil-A or the Boy Scouts? They both hate the gays so that part is a wash. I'm thinking the neckerchief puts the Boy Scouts in the lead but I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise.
boy scouts are obviously worse because they don't have any chicken sandwiches.

Chick-Fil-A will do just fine without the support of the gay community.

If you want to see how NOT to run a business, check out the stock price for J.C. Penney over the last 6 months since they began ads featuring gay parenting.

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:JCP
While there is a lesson to be learned by JC Penney, that's completely not the reason.Penney's commendable but business-stupid decision to no longer run specials and sales runs directly counter to shopper psychology and has totally backfired. Nothing to do with their stance on Gay Marriage , parenting etc.

If you want to see how NOT to run a business, check out the stock price for J.C. Penney over the last 6 months since they began ads featuring gay parenting.

While there is a lesson to be learned by JC Penney, that's completely not the reason.Penney's commendable but business-stupid decision to no longer run specials and sales runs directly counter to shopper psychology and has totally backfired. Nothing to do with their stance on Gay Marriage , parenting etc.
You keep telling yourself that. While you're at it, why don't you check out attendance rates for liberal Christian denominations which have accepted gays into their clergy and/or sanctify gay marriages?Hint: They're not going up.

You keep telling yourself that. While you're at it, why don't you check out attendance rates for liberal Christian denominations which have accepted gays into their clergy and/or sanctify gay marriages?Hint: They're not going up.
Yeah because the consideration should about hateful bigots and money.

Yeah, that's been quite interesting to watch. They've gone out of their way to twist the message of God in order to appeal to a group of people who, generally speaking, aren't really interested in God.

Original chicken sandwich is top notch....best fast food sandwich. Who cares about their politics?Nerds
So you're as conservative with your seasonings as you are with your politics? ;)Original sandwich is as bland as bland gets... and that's from someone whose SIL owns a franchise in Denver NC, aka the pin in the buckle of the Bible belt. Protest her place and tell her Bakes sent ya. She'll get a kick out of it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread