Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
finito

Doug Baldwin

3 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

I need this guy back bad or I'll have to keep trotting Crabtree out there. Nobody wants to see that 

Hah, I'm in the same boat, but Crabtree isn't killing me. He's on pace for 80 rec.

1 hour ago, FF Ninja said:

Hah, I'm in the same boat, but Crabtree isn't killing me. He's on pace for 80 rec.

He's been a pleasant surprise for me too. Although my ####### dropped Dorsett in there over him last week. I won't make that mistake again. It's Crabtree until either Baldwin comes back or Leveon Bell decides to be an NFL player again rather than Jet Ski all star

• Like 1

Baldwin dropped in my 16-team short bench (3 spots) league. I’m tempted but don’t want to drop Godwin, Stills or Royce for him right now. 

First time Baldwin owner.  If he is active Sunday do you play him? Or see bench one more week to see how it goes?

I'm leaning towards keeping him on my bench to see how it goes... both knees have been banged up already this year and the Hawks offense is a bit putrid

Edited by ahartig

21 minutes ago, ahartig said:

First time Baldwin owner.  If he is active Sunday do you play him? Or see bench one more week to see how it goes?

I'm leaning towards keeping him on my bench to see how it goes... both knees have been banged up already this year and the Hawks offense is a bit putrid

Unless you are desperate, wait a game. That's been my experience going back years and years. Baldwin could have a good game but he could re-aggravate something and then he's riding the sidelines.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

Wait and see for me.  Golladay has been picking up the slack rather well.

For me too. Unfortunately Cooper isn’t picking up his own slack. Also drafted Goodwin.

Someone dropped Alshon Jeffrey at the start of the season and scooped him up to sit with Baldwin until healthy - basically a bench of wounded warriors/dead weight. But looks like their time is coming around. 

That said, I’m sitting Baldwin if he’s cleared, even if it means trotting out a subpar Cooper or Goodwin - too many times I’ve seen a WR come back from a knee/leg/foot injury and just be a decoy. Moreso when this is the team’s WR1. 

I think that will happen with Baldwin if he plays.

Hopefully he will flash in the next few weeks so I can work a trade with him, or package two other WRs for a solid RB1/2. Baldwin and his multiple injuries - as well as a fairly anemic SEA offense - scaresme and would be good to capitalize off his health in case it doesn’t last long.

He worries me.  He said he'd be <100% all year.  Then he missed time.  I worry he'll get reinjured right away.

1 hour ago, jm192 said:

He worries me.  He said he'd be <100% all year.  Then he missed time.  I worry he'll get reinjured right away.

It was a different injury to his other leg.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It was a different injury to his other leg.

Do we not think a guy with injuries to both legs is at high risk of being injured off and on all year?  

Just now, jm192 said:

Do we not think a guy with injuries to both legs is at high risk of being injured off and on all year?  

Possibly.

Ya. I think I’ll wait no matter what. If he does play I’m sure he sees a bunch of Patrick Peterson too..... further reason to wait. 

Probably roll John Brown, Allison, or Marvin over him. 

Edited by ahartig

On 9/26/2018 at 10:41 PM, ahartig said:

Ya. I think I’ll wait no matter what. If he does play I’m sure he sees a bunch of Patrick Peterson too..... further reason to wait. 

Probably roll John Brown, Allison, or Marvin over him. 

Peterson doesn't shadow, nor does he cover the slot. I don't think he'll have as much exposure to him as you think, for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, Kruegs said:

Peterson doesn't shadow, nor does he cover the slot. I don't think he'll have as much exposure to him as you think, for what it's worth.

I don't think he even plays man anymore. From what I have read, the Cards have turned him into a zone corner.

On 9/26/2018 at 7:40 PM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

For me too. Unfortunately Cooper isn’t picking up his own slack. Also drafted Goodwin.

Someone dropped Alshon Jeffrey at the start of the season and scooped him up to sit with Baldwin until healthy - basically a bench of wounded warriors/dead weight. But looks like their time is coming around. 

That said, I’m sitting Baldwin if he’s cleared, even if it means trotting out a subpar Cooper or Goodwin - too many times I’ve seen a WR come back from a knee/leg/foot injury and just be a decoy. Moreso when this is the team’s WR1. 

I think that will happen with Baldwin if he plays.

Hopefully he will flash in the next few weeks so I can work a trade with him, or package two other WRs for a solid RB1/2. Baldwin and his multiple injuries - as well as a fairly anemic SEA offense - scaresme and would be good to capitalize off his health in case it doesn’t last long.

Since I was "Cooksed" last night I'm tempted to play him for the PPR upside.  Though that upside still might not be worth much with as well as Golladay has been playing.  I'm lucky to have OBJ and Sanders already locked in.

• Like 1

Doug Baldwin - WR -  Seahawks

The Seattle Times reports Doug Baldwin (questionable, knee) "may not be 100 percent" for Sunday's game with the Cardinals.

Baldwin will return Sunday, but he's only two weeks removed from a torn MCL. He's also dealing with a separate issue on his left knee that limited him in practice. Even at less than full health, Baldwin is a good bet to lead Seattle in targets, but he's at risk of getting rested in the second half of a potential blowout.

Source: Seattle Times 

Sep 29 - 3:46 PM

I pencilled him in and then at about 12:02 on Sunday I swapped him for Crabtree. Cost me 3.2 points since Crabtree can't catch and Flacco can't lead him :rant:.

I'm needing big games from Freeman and Sanders tonight, so if I lose this week by less than 3 I will be throttling myself with my own foot. 

Reading this thread as I’ve got a potential trade for Wilson and Baldwin, I’m interested because I can afford to wait a month for Wilson and Baldwin to get back to form/heal up.  I just want to have an elite team when the fantasy playoffs hit.

Im reading this as Baldwin will be all healed up by then/no limited mobility (barring more injuries of course) and should be back to scoring double digit fantasy points on the regular.

Anything I’m missing?  Got a good team don’t want to screw it up.

Wilson definitely has a history of heating up as the season wears on, i'm not sure if that works for Baldwin though.  I've had him on a few teams over the years and he tended to have an ok floor, and a decent ceiling but he wasn't necessarily consistent week over week.  This is why his end of season points always look good, but he's a guy who has both won and lost me weeks.  Just sharing a perspective here.

• Like 1

Ya I had Baldwin probably 3 years ago and that was my impression. Had kind of stopped following him just saw better numbers occasionally thought maybe that changed.

Passed on the offer for that reason and because he wanted more than he was willing to pay for.

Thanks @battlestar

Edited by jtp1982

4 hours ago, battlestar said:

Wilson definitely has a history of heating up as the season wears on, i'm not sure if that works for Baldwin though.  I've had him on a few teams over the years and he tended to have an ok floor, and a decent ceiling but he wasn't necessarily consistent week over week.  This is why his end of season points always look good, but he's a guy who has both won and lost me weeks.  Just sharing a perspective here.

That's what receivers do. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hilts said:

That's what receivers do. 

Yep.

It would be challenging to find a more consistent wr than Baldwin has been the last 3 years.

7 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Yep.

It would be challenging to find a more consistent wr than Baldwin has been the last 3 years.

Actually someone posted it last year,  but Baldwin is the most inconsistent receiver that puts up top 15 receiver numbers. He puts up a higher percentage of duds than any other receiver in the league. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Actually someone posted it last year,  but Baldwin is the most inconsistent receiver that puts up top 15 receiver numbers. He puts up a higher percentage of duds than any other receiver in the league. 

I was thinking the same thing. Which gave me pause when I saw he was dropped but I rolled the dice and picked him up.

Edited by Elevencents

14 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Could you show me?

I assume your talking about fantasy points because Baldwin had  75% catch rate in 2015 to 2016 before slipping to only 65% last year. You won't find a more consistent wr than that. The variance in fantasy points is mostly due to the Tds.

• Like 1

Just now, Biabreakable said:

Could you show me?

I assume your talking about fantasy points because Baldwin had  75% catch rate in 2015 to 2016 before slipping to only 65% last year. You won't find a more consistent wr than that. The variance in fantasy points is mostly due to the Tds.

I am talking fantasy points. I honestly wouldn't  remember who posted it or what thread. It showed over the last 3 or 4 years that Baldwin, Cooks, and Hilton had the lowest floors of guys that were consistently in the top 15 range. 

First year I've had him but seems like he was always going for ~10 for 100 every time I looked up last couple years.

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

I am talking fantasy points. I honestly wouldn't  remember who posted it or what thread. It showed over the last 3 or 4 years that Baldwin, Cooks, and Hilton had the lowest floors of guys that were consistently in the top 15 range. 

Wouldn't fantasy points be pretty closely related to catch rates? At any rate, I'll take Top 15 performance regardless of the naturally non-smooth performance Baldwin (and, IMHO every WR has depending on match up and game flow) may have game to game. 

2 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

Without the stats this is difficult to take as is, but was that just a one year look? Was it comparing his year to year results? Year to year results of all receivers?

If a guy scores 160 points, he's not going to do 10 a game, and he's going to be more variable than a guy scoring 190 points (who will be more variable than a guy scoring 220). Which is to say of course a guy in the bottom of the top 15 is going to be more inconsistent than the other higher ranked guys.

I'm not sure about the consistency debate but every year I've had him, I roll him out there with confidence and aren't disappointed with the results. 

Somebody dropped him in my main league and I certainly picked him up, injuries notwithstanding (nagging ones being a very large concern, of course).

13 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Without the stats this is difficult to take as is, but was that just a one year look? Was it comparing his year to year results? Year to year results of all receivers?

If a guy scores 160 points, he's not going to do 10 a game, and he's going to be more variable than a guy scoring 190 points (who will be more variable than a guy scoring 220). Which is to say of course a guy in the bottom of the top 15 is going to be more inconsistent than the other higher ranked guys.

It was over a three year period. 

25 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

It was over a three year period. 

Thank you.

That still doesn't negate my main point, which is players in the bottom of the top 15 will have a much higher rate of variation than those higher in the top 15. More points for a player helps smooth out the bad games. Baldwin has never been one of the elite studs, but a great #2 or a weak #1. 

I had him last year for the first time, as my WR3 in my main local redraft and vividly recall not liking him much. He was invisible in the red zone for one thing and always seemed to get dinged up. The amount of times they got to 1st and 1 or 2nd and 1 and threw, but to anyone but him (usually Graham) was infuriating. That said, he got dropped after week 1 in that same league this year and I grabbed him anyway. Can see him being a reasonable flex play some weeks but the injuries are going to linger it seems.

9 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I had him last year for the first time, as my WR3 in my main local redraft and vividly recall not liking him much. He was invisible in the red zone for one thing and always seemed to get dinged up. The amount of times they got to 1st and 1 or 2nd and 1 and threw, but to anyone but him (usually Graham) was infuriating. That said, he got dropped after week 1 in that same league this year and I grabbed him anyway. Can see him being a reasonable flex play some weeks but the injuries are going to linger it seems.

I thought the guy was crazy for dropping him in our league. It’s not like we have short benches or anything. But it sounds like it was fairly common for him to be dropped. I honestly can’t say I understand that. He’s a free WR3. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Ah, I see where some of the disconnect is coming from. He was #11 in ppr leagues but way lower in standard. Ppr leagues had no reason to be unhappy but in standard the sub 1,000 yards and 8 touchdowns don't go nearly as far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

He’s a free WR3 WR2. 

If healthy enough going forward I agree with you. :P

• Like 2

Just now, Hilts said:

Ah, I see where some of the disconnect is coming from. He was #11 in ppr leagues but way lower in standard. Ppr leagues had no reason to be unhappy but in standard the sub 1,000 yards and 8 touchdowns don't go nearly as far.

That's a fair distinction to make. He still had a sprinkling of decent games, just didn't seem like it at the time. But he's still a decent WR3 and hopefully he can go on and play another 8-10 games this year.

1 hour ago, Elevencents said:

“Expected to play a ton” this week according to Carroll. 

I gotta run Golladay over him until I see a string of production.

6 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Feel like Baldwin is either 2-32-0 or 10-112-1 this week. No in between.

Can't decide either way.

i feel that too

I cut bait on him this week. I was looking to move a wr for a rb and traded him for Powell after a different trade fell through that would have moved him in a multi player trade. I just didn't want to take the chance that if I wanted to start him due to matchup that he'd go down again. Also he was riding the pine on my team so no skin off my back. For me he was behind Jeffries, Sanders, Stills, JNelson, and ARobinson.

36 minutes ago, Menace said:

Would you start him over Deedee or J.Brown? 

That’s tough. I think Dede is gonna have a good week and Bortles has been looking his way. I’m using him a lot in DFS. JB has been consistent all year for the most part. And I think Baldwin does get in the end zone this week. I think they are all solid WR3s so it’s a coin flip. 

• Like 1

1 target. 

UGH.

Anybody watch this game? What the heck is going on?

I know that the LAR's best cornerback is actually their slot guy (and I forget his name). Was he erased? Or was this a situation where a) Wilson just wasn't looking at him, and/or b) Baldwin couldn't gain any  separation because of his knee(s)?

I thought after last week he'd be highly involved in a game of catchup. Nope.

Seattle barely passed the ball today. It was mostly dominated by their running backs. Wilson only had 21 attempts and completed 13. The run game was working and they stuck with it. 

• Like 1