What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Doug Baldwin (1 Viewer)

Surprised there isnt more discussion of Baldwin. His recent streak has vaulted him into the top 10 on the season and he is absolutely on fire right now.

With Rawls out I think the Hawks rely even more on Wilson and the passing game. I'm facing Baldwin in a semi-final this weekend and he's suddenly a WR1 that you fear seeing on your opponent's roster.

Just looked it up - Baldwin is the #2 WR in PPR since week 10...less than 1 PPG behind Beckham.

Drew Bennett and that guy on the Panthers all over again
Except I think Baldwin has more of a history of success. He's always been a great player and has performed well when given opportunities. They were just limited opportunities in the past because everything ran through Lynch. Maybe as Russell Wilson continues to improve, the Seahawks will continue to throw more. It wasn't that long ago that the Steelers were a run-first team that limited the upside of Roethlisberger and the WRs.

Are we chasing points with Baldwin or do most think he continues this streak?
It would be irrational to expect him to sustain a 7-TD in 3 games pace, but I think he remains a central feature of the Seahawk passing attack. Lockett doesn't seem to be eating into his targets at all...seems like they are complementary parts thus far.

I am happy if he gets close to 20 points in ppr. Anyways....he has got to be legit after this week. Nobody goes on streaks like this without talent. Previous posters are right, the Seahawks just refused to throw the ball and now they have to.

Tyler Lockett on fire too -- #11 over last four weeks. With Lynch gone/limited and Graham out Wilson's going to be looking for those two a lot too.

I picked him up 3 weeks ago as "insurance".. I'm in the playoffs with a bye last week.. but I still can't see starting him.

My starting WR's are Julio Jones and Beckham Jr... no flex.

I picked him up 3 weeks ago as "insurance".. I'm in the playoffs with a bye last week.. but I still can't see starting him.

My starting WR's are Julio Jones and Beckham Jr... no flex.
I don't think I'm starting him over Julio or Allen Robinson, but I might use him in flex over AJ Green or DT...

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Baldwin's value in dynasty now?
I think Baldwin's actual value exceeds his commonly perceived value. I think most dynasty owners are skeptical that Baldwin is suddenly the elite receiver he has presented to be over the last 5 weeks. Baldwin's numbers over that period are obviously skewed by the volume of TDs, and he is not going to continue to score at that pace. However, Baldwin has always shown to be a talented player, and the growth and development of Russell Wilson as a passing QB together with what appears to be a shift in the offensive philosophy in Seattle provides some optimism that Baldwin will remain a consistent fantasy performer. I am not ready to include Baldwin as a WR1 for dynasty purposes, and Lockett may actually be the more valuable piece of this receiving duo, but Baldwin is a strong dynasty WR2 going forward, IMO.

Thinking maybe I should have sent my 2nd round rookie pick for Baldwin now. Oh well!

13 TDs on 86 targets in 14 games.

11 TDs on his last 46 targets, over his last 6 games.

10 TDs on his last 30 targets, over his last 4 games.

Ridiculous.

13 TDs on 86 targets in 14 games.

11 TDs on his last 46 targets, over his last 6 games.

10 TDs on his last 30 targets, over his last 4 games.

Ridiculous.
Must start going forward for championship week?
He is most likely in my lineup. He was not out there every snap, but was in the redzone and a frequent target there. Only concern is that Kearse and Lockett were getting a lot of love too.

I have a bad feeling about Baldwin this week. Just too many factors make me a non-believer. I've been looking at Seattle's offensive data this past week and my gut tells me that at some point they're going to have a game with rushing touchdowns.

Seattle ranks 2nd in rush attempts per game (9 rush TDs).

Seattle ranks 30th in pass attempts per game (29 pass TDs).

They would prefer to run the ball, but so far this season they've been more efficient at scoring from just outside the red zone. Wilson has been killing teams from the 20 to 40 yard range. Not so much in the redzone. It just feels like an oddity. Some form of outlier that has to give at some point. Can they keep scoring via the pass so much even though they have such a strong tendency to want to run the ball? Perhaps the oddity is due to the overall offensive philosophy of looking for the "explosive" play. I think they're near the top in plays of over 20 yards. Not sure.

I have a bad feeling about Baldwin this week. Just too many factors make me a non-believer. I've been looking at Seattle's offensive data this past week and my gut tells me that at some point they're going to have a game with rushing touchdowns.

Seattle ranks 2nd in rush attempts per game (9 rush TDs).

Seattle ranks 30th in pass attempts per game (29 pass TDs).

They would prefer to run the ball, but so far this season they've been more efficient at scoring from just outside the red zone. Wilson has been killing teams from the 20 to 40 yard range. Not so much in the redzone. It just feels like an oddity. Some form of outlier that has to give at some point. Can they keep scoring via the pass so much even though they have such a strong tendency to want to run the ball? Perhaps the oddity is due to the overall offensive philosophy of looking for the "explosive" play. I think they're near the top in plays of over 20 yards. Not sure.
I've got this sneaky feeling that once SEA gets out to a nice lead they run the ball. Now how they score early is still questionable. I can see Carroll getting all giddy about C Michael getting into the endzone, perhaps more than once.

Baldwin is hot. How long can it really last? An injury sure would slow his pace down.

GTD going to hurt....have Lockett and thinking of grabbing Kearse as well. If he is out who grabs those targets?

This whole game for Seattle might screw us on multiple levels. In one league where I'm without ODB and likely Jeffreis, it kills me to potentially not have Baldwin.

I also posted in the Wilson thread where I'm starting him in another league, the rams will have a hard time generating much offense. This could be a pedestrian game for all around.

This whole game for Seattle might screw us on multiple levels. In one league where I'm without ODB and likely Jeffreis, it kills me to potentially not have Baldwin.

I also posted in the Wilson thread where I'm starting him in another league, the rams will have a hard time generating much offense. This could be a pedestrian game for all around.
Wilson has continued to throw the ball even when they've had a nice lead this year.

Loving the idea of possibly having to pick between Michael Floyd and Lockett if Baldwin sits for my flex. At least they play at the same exact time.

He'd better f'n play. I have him in a 16-teamer, so zero depth. Already have Alshon and Eifert out with injury. Terrible way to end the year, after kicking ### all season.

He'd better f'n play. I have him in a 16-teamer, so zero depth. Already have Alshon and Eifert out with injury. Terrible way to end the year, after kicking ### all season.
Well he may play but can you trust him? What if he's out there as a decoy?

Thanks Hoope31.

Any concerns they sit Baldwin early if they get a lead?

I've got Lockett too and need to make sure I have someone in playing the whole game.

This makes my head hurt.

Baldwin might go or might not. Might be limited. Hmmmm. I picked up Kearse so I worry about this decision later tomorrow.

Its the running game being rebuilt that worries me. Will they feed Michael to see what they have got?

And with the combination of the above, is Wilson the guy you want in the Championship game.?. I just witched hi out for Palmer, I preduct this change many times in next 24 hours.

This makes my head hurt.

Baldwin might go or might not. Might be limited. Hmmmm. I picked up Kearse so I worry about this decision later tomorrow.

Its the running game being rebuilt that worries me. Will they feed Michael to see what they have got?

And with the combination of the above, is Wilson the guy you want in the Championship game.?. I just witched hi out for Palmer, I preduct this change many times in next 24 hours.
I'm doing the same damn with Wilson and cousins. I sat Wilson last year and it killed me but--and I know you should never try to predict "game flow"-- I feel like St. Louis won't out up much of a fight offensively and keep,it close. Then again Wilson has been chucking it no matter what...

Doug Baldwin (hamstring, questionable) was a full participant in Friday's practice.
Coach Pete Carroll has said Baldwin will be a game-time decision, but the full session suggests he will play. Baldwin has reached must-start territory with 10 touchdowns in the last four weeks. Golden Tate burned the Rams for two touchdowns a couple weeks ago.

Wait, FBG email update said Baldwin didn't practice at all Friday. Typo, or is there conflicting info out there?

I'm rebuilding in a dynasty. Do you think what we are seeing is the "real" Baldwin or would you try to move him while he's at top value?

I'm rebuilding in a dynasty. Do you think what we are seeing is the "real" Baldwin or would you try to move him while he's at top value?
This Seattle homer is happy for Baldwin's recent success, but I think its short term. IMO Lockett is the keeper in the Seattle WR group. I would recommend getting some opinions from other Seattle homers as well.

I think this carries forward. Wilson loves him and finally has built immense chemistry with him. Lockett is obviously more talented, but even if he picks it up I think he's going to keep going to Baldwin. Seattle is becoming a passing team and could support two very strong receiving options. Could be a Fitz/Boldin type situation.

Users who are viewing this thread