What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Doug Baldwin (5 Viewers)

Practiced without restriction but still a GTD, sounds a lot like Carroll is FOS. 

Im going with Smallwood. I'm also tempted to start Wentz instead of Wilson, but I keep getting that one wrong. :doh:  
Carroll is one of the biggest liars in the NFL.  I don't believe anything he says.  Baldwin might be active and barely play

Baldwin will never see Davis in coverage. Baldwin lines up in the slot. Davis coming back is a boost for Baldwin as there is a correlation between teams with top CBs seeing passes funneled in other directions (obviously, QBs don't throw in the direction of stud CBs). 

All that matters is the injury, which is a very legitimate concern. The truth is that if he has a groin strain of literally any severity he won't be anywhere close to 100% if he suits up this week. It will take a full participation from him on Friday for me to even consider starting him this week.
He didn't exclusively play in the slot last week. Logan Ryan had only allowed 1-3 completions (depending where ya looked) the first two weeks. He's blitzed from the slot a few times and sent the QB into someone else. He was excellent the first two weeks. The Seahawks moved Baldwin around as a counter.

I didn't think Baldwin looked that bad. He held an icepack on his crotch but he was pretty quick down the sideline to cheer. I was thinking, "Ya really can't be in there? They need you for this comeback."  I'm starting him in one league because of this. Since we're all making a gut call on him, I thought I'd mention that.   

He didn't exclusively play in the slot last week. Logan Ryan had only allowed 1-3 completions (depending where ya looked) the first two weeks. He's blitzed from the slot a few times and sent the QB into someone else. He was excellent the first two weeks. The Seahawks moved Baldwin around as a counter.

I didn't think Baldwin looked that bad. He held an icepack on his crotch but he was pretty quick down the sideline to cheer. I was thinking, "Ya really can't be in there? They need you for this comeback." I'm starting him in one league because of this. Since we're all making a gut call on him, I thought I'd mention that.
I suppose "never" is a strong word but no one plays in the slot 100% of the time. Pre-snap it looks like Baldwin has lined up in the slot 64% of the time this year which is a fair amount.

I guess it was technically incorrect but ultimately correct to chase slot guys vs. TEN? I mean I read (didn't see) that Hurns and Crabtree/Roberts had success out of the slot so I went with it.

But I'm sitting Baldwin this week, I don't trust the injury at all. 

I suppose "never" is a strong word but no one plays in the slot 100% of the time. Pre-snap it looks like Baldwin has lined up in the slot 64% of the time this year which is a fair amount.

I guess it was technically incorrect but ultimately correct to chase slot guys vs. TEN? I mean I read (didn't see) that Hurns and Crabtree/Roberts had success out of the slot so I went with it.

But I'm sitting Baldwin this week, I don't trust the injury at all. 
Titans Brice McCain has been bad this year. He was effective in the slot last year after a horrendous start. Some have beaten him and handily. Roberts was the only catch I had Ryan giving up. 

It's not just you, everyone says it. Baldwin does a real nice curl route up the sideline where he uses his body perfectly to box out the defender- a pro's pro kind of move. The way he was blanketed and Wilson threw it anyway, how smooth he was...I'd take a wild guess he does that a lot.

I just wanted to convey that the Hawks aren't against moving Baldwin into a favorable matchup

Bri said:

I didn't think Baldwin looked that bad. He held an icepack on his crotch but he was pretty quick down the sideline to cheer. I was thinking, "Ya really can't be in there? They need you for this comeback."  I'm starting him in one league because of this. Since we're all making a gut call on him, I thought I'd mention that.   
I've made the decision to bench Baldwin. I wish I hadn't read your 2nd paragraph 

Bri said:

Groin injuries are no joke and they can flare up.

So even if he's a start; he may be a decoy, or he may tweak it on the first series. 

Carroll isn't one to be trusted & in shocked they're even entertaining him playing through it given the nature of groin injuries. 

It leads me to believe he's not playing, or if playing he's gonna jog around and distract a DB.

we looked at the same thing in two different ways. You saw him run down the sideline & cheer. I saw him on the bench when his team needed him the most. Baldwin is a high character guy - run through a wall for you kind of guy. If he could have possibly been out there, I think he would have been. 

I'm starting Smallwood and hoping it doesn't burn me. Baldwin is just too risky for me this week. I need points out of my Flex position. 

per rotowire staff , “ he will try to play”, I don’t know if that sounds good or bad ???

Last edited by a moderator:
they have reporters now?
It was on cbssports, that’s who it said it was from.

by RotoWire Staff
(4 hrs ago) Baldwin (groin) is going to try to play Sunday against Indianapolis, a source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

He looked alright out there I thought. Hard to judge his stats when they just ran away with it in the 2nd half.

According to his verified twitter account, his last post was 19 hours ago thanking everyone for his birthday wishes.  I checked and he was born on September 21.  Hopefully, he has been away for some sort of birthday bash. 
Getting pretty tired of plugging this dude in and getting 3-5 points. Don't know if it's the Seattle offense in general or his injury is lingering or what. He's not Cooper-bad but barely startable, 5 weeks and only one good game.

Saw someone on twitter say that since 2015 (I think) Baldwin is the #2 WR behind AB from weeks 9-17. He's a championship winner. 

Getting that TD would have been sweet, but oh well. 

He's super underrated. Top 5 WR that no one likes. Wilson's pass attempts up nearly 3 as well.........

Yeah he's def up there. Seattle losing Sherman might bump Wilson's attempts up even higher. His game is going to age well too. He's got 2-3 more years of top 10 production. 
2 yards from a huge game, such are the margins. Wilson loves Graham in the red zone. Encouraged by recent production though, was ready to sell him 3 weeks ago, glad I held on.

Bizarre lack of usage for sure. I mean it didn't matter, the Seahawks easily handled the game. 
I am pretty sure, Baldwin is playing hurt. He mentioned having quad issues after the last game and he just doesn't look to be running fullspeed right now. 

Is there a match-up coming up where one would really consider benching Baldwin though?

ETA: spare me the "I have AB, Thielen and Julio on my dynasty team so I have been benching Baldwin all year"  brags 

I am pretty sure, Baldwin is playing hurt. He mentioned having quad issues after the last game and he just doesn't look to be running fullspeed right now.
He runs a lot of his routes at half speed. Like, Wilson will snap the ball and he'll sort of just walk forward sometimes.

It's definitely a bit worrying. 

Is there a match-up coming up where one would really consider benching Baldwin though?
I don't think so. To be honest, the LAR match-up scares me more than the JAC match-up. LAR always plays SEA well.

I'm concerned. I'm also noticing that Lockett's utilization is for some reason trending in lockstep with Baldwin's.

When did you notice this issue develop?
During that TNF game vs. ARI. But the thing is I never actually paid close attention to Baldwin before because this is the first time I've ever had him in a fantasy so I don't know if this is just apart of his game. But yeah, there's a lot of times where I'm watching him and he's kind of just moseying around.

He also mentioned that he couldn't get his groin loose before the ARI game when he was talking about how TNF should be illegal.

During that TNF game vs. ARI. But the thing is I never actually paid close attention to Baldwin before because this is the first time I've ever had him in a fantasy so I don't know if this is just apart of his game. But yeah, there's a lot of times where I'm watching him and he's kind of just moseying around.

He also mentioned that he couldn't get his groin loose before the ARI game when he was talking about how TNF should be illegal.
Yeah, now I am wondering if that is at all part of his game. I could see some of the plays where he is down on the option list so instead of running a hard route, his job is more just to wait to see what Wilson does and if RW breaks the pocket, Baldwin can then mirror him and become the rollout read. Ofcourse, he could also just be hurt and is dogging it on plays he isn't a primary read. If that was happening so often, one would think the team would rest him though, no?

He runs a lot of his routes at half speed. Like, Wilson will snap the ball and he'll sort of just walk forward sometimes.

It's definitely a bit worrying. 
He's probably running them 1/2 speed because the route means nothing. It doesn't get going until Wilson has turned his back on the defense and started running around in circles. If Baldwin ran his routes at full speed, he would be too tired to finish the plays. He has to wait to see which way Wilson is running before he takes off trying o find the open seam in the D.

Yeah what you guys are saying is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about. Where he'll watch Wilson spin in circles before making his move. I'm going to watch the game right now to see if he looks at all gimpy.

I compared him running routes from last week to the month prior when he was "over" his groin injury and to the first couple weeks before he injured his groin in the TEN game. He doesn't look different, apparently him half assing routes from time to time is just the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread