What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 4 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Welcome, recruits, to the 2012 Anarchy League 4 thread.

Here is the league site: Anarchy League 4

I am hoping to get people fully up and drafting by Friday, but the draft is turned on. If people want to start drafting now, I won't stop people from making picks.

The password every team is anarchy4.

Here is the randomly generated draft order:

1.01 Snellman

1.02 ThaDude

1.03 Donsmith753

1.04 BigTex

1.05 Scancellare

1.06 jhexel

1.07 quartz

1.08 Montana_grizzly_bears

1.09 ScottyDog

1.10 Hawklets90

1.11 Newmancrew

1.12 Dehaven123

1.13 ItsOnlyTheRiver

1.14 LongBallLarry

1.15 BroncoFreak_2K3

1.16 FF Ninja

Any questions, post them here, in the Shark Pool thread, PM me, or email me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray Rice at 1.09 is highway robbery - well done.Where's everyone else in this league? :hey:
his value drops a little since RB's get 0 PPR....and TE's get 2PPR....plus being able to draft a Team QB instead of individual QB mitigates some injury risk at that position which may increase the value there as well.......

Ray Rice at 1.09 is highway robbery - well done.Where's everyone else in this league? :hey:
his value drops a little since RB's get 0 PPR....and TE's get 2PPR....plus being able to draft a Team QB instead of individual QB mitigates some injury risk at that position which may increase the value there as well.......
Agree - the 0PPR for RB's does hurt Rice a bit - but, not bad for one of the bell-cow / 3-down RB's who will still score well on the ground as well as through the air, though.

FYI -

If people are interested in strategy or history, the other league Anarchy League sites (specifically Leagues 1 + 2) have 7 years worth or results, rosters, and drafts to look at.

FF Ninja, if you're going to predraft you need to do it for both your picks since you are on the turn. I can explain how to do this if you aren't sure how. Sort of pointless to predraft just one of your picks when you're next up.

FF Ninja, if you're going to predraft you need to do it for both your picks since you are on the turn. I can explain how to do this if you aren't sure how. Sort of pointless to predraft just one of your picks when you're next up.
He may have predrafted both picks and the guy(s) he wanted could have been picked already.

He may have predrafted both picks and the guy(s) he wanted could have been picked already.
I pre-drafted my second pick and the system didn't take it for some odd reason. :shrug:I use MFL for several leagues and have never had the system not take a pre-drafted pick. Not sure what's up. Guess we'll have to monitor it. If it continues to be an issue, we can send a ticket into Kevin at MFL to take a look.

Nope, I noticed he was only predrafted for one pick when the draft was still young (even if all your guys get taken it still says "predraft selection made" up until it can't make the pick). Based on his comments next to his pick he isn't familiar with MFL. I can explain predrafting when I'm in front of my PC tomorrow. Also, FF Ninja, MFL is fully customizable which is why it can look bush league, but once you figure it out you can make some beautiful league sites or at the very least some informative ones that are easy on the eyes. If you want to see what professionals can do google the Hyper/Active leagues.

Nope, I noticed he was only predrafted for one pick when the draft was still young (even if all your guys get taken it still says "predraft selection made" up until it can't make the pick). Based on his comments next to his pick he isn't familiar with MFL. I can explain predrafting when I'm in front of my PC tomorrow. Also, FF Ninja, MFL is fully customizable which is why it can look bush league, but once you figure it out you can make some beautiful league sites or at the very least some informative ones that are easy on the eyes. If you want to see what professionals can do google the Hyper/Active leagues.
Mine was for sure pre-drafted and not selected. Like I said...may have been just a quirk at the time. Will monitor it.Been using it since 1998 and it is by far the best, most customizable site available for fantasy. Right now, you are only seeing a quick template that is available that David selected for us to use to draft and run the leagues by. Believe me, you can get very professional kick-### looking sites using this service.

Here are some guidelines fro predrafting:

How do I pre-Draft?

Answer: If your league is holding an on-line draft then you can use this feature to help pick your players prior to your turn and help speed along the draft. This is also useful if you are not able to draft for a future round. You can enter your pre-draft picks for that round and the system will choose the highest priority player.

Please note that Pre-draft picks are selected for you as soon as it is your turn to pick in the draft. To have a compiled list for your draft in which you, the owner, can make your own picks, but are not picked from immediately please use the My Draft List

Pre-Draft Picks – Round 1

[*]Go to the For Owners >Draft

[*]From the Player To Add: list, highlight the player in which you would like to add to your Pre-draft List. You can filter players on this available fantasy free agent list by using the “Show Only” pull-down box to obtain a subset of the list (by position or NFL team).

[*]Click the Add To List> button.

[*]Continue steps 2. and 3. above for any pick you’d like to attempt in the round. Keep in mind, adding more players will increase your chances for getting a player in that round.

[*]Once players are added, highlight the individual players and use the Move Pick Up or Move Pick Down buttons to prioritize them in the order which you would like them drafted. You may also use the

[*]After prioritizing your list you MUST click the Save These Picks and Continue button save your picks for that round and receive confirmation.

Pre-Draft Picks – Round 2 (Subsequent Rounds)

Once Round 1 picks are saved successfully you will be ready to make picks for Round 2. Round 1 Saved picks will appear at the top of the Pre-Draft page.

[*]Optionally, you can choose the “Add All From Previous Round>>” button to add all players from Round 1 to your Round 2 Draft.

[*]Now repeat steps 2 through 6 from Pre-Draft Picks – Round 1 to add your picks for subsequent rounds.

Pre-Draft Future Rounds

In the event that you will not be available for future rounds of drafting during a live draft you have the option to Pre-draft those rounds.

[*]Go to For Owners >Draft

[*]Choose at the round that you would like to make a pick for at the bottom of the Page from the drop down field listed next to the “Or, you may go immediately to:” XX Be sure to click the “Now!” button to move to that round of picks.

[*]Follow steps 2 through 6 in Pre-Draft Picks – Round 1.

Sorry fellas, you are correct that I didn't predraft my second pick and that I have never used MFL before. It doesn't help that it is blocked at work so I've had to do it from my phone. Never had it before where you have to set up a predraft order for every single pick, but I can definitely see the advantage to that.And yeah, I've heard good things about the customization options for MFL but geez the basic interface is terrible. Reminds me of fanball back in the day. Total maze to get where you want and the link names aren't that intuitive or well placed on the page. I guess it is like an average chick with a great personality. It's going to have to grow on me, because I'm definitely not taking it home on first impression.

Sorry fellas, you are correct that I didn't predraft my second pick and that I have never used MFL before. It doesn't help that it is blocked at work so I've had to do it from my phone. Never had it before where you have to set up a predraft order for every single pick, but I can definitely see the advantage to that.And yeah, I've heard good things about the customization options for MFL but geez the basic interface is terrible. Reminds me of fanball back in the day. Total maze to get where you want and the link names aren't that intuitive or well placed on the page. I guess it is like an average chick with a great personality. It's going to have to grow on me, because I'm definitely not taking it home on first impression.
You don't have to pre-draft every pick, but if you know you will be away for a while and your pick is fast approaching, it just makes things go smoother. But you in no way have to pre-draft every pick.

You don't have to pre-draft every pick, but if you know you will be away for a while and your pick is fast approaching, it just makes things go smoother. But you in no way have to pre-draft every pick.
No, I meant that you have to individually predraft each pick IF you want it to automatically pick for you. I am used to just setting a single predraft list and each pick will be made off of that. Not separate lists for separate picks.But to keep things moving, I certainly intend to predraft my selections as much as possible. I don't want to hold things up here and feel guilty about the 3 hour delay already...

No, I meant that you have to individually predraft each pick IF you want it to automatically pick for you. I am used to just setting a single predraft list and each pick will be made off of that. Not separate lists for separate picks.But to keep things moving, I certainly intend to predraft my selections as much as possible. I don't want to hold things up here and feel guilty about the 3 hour delay already...
gotcha.I intend to do the same when I can.no harm no foul. :thumbup:

I'd be lying if I said I had any real strategy for this. Will see how it goes.

TMQB:

New England TMQB (1.03)

RB:

WR:

Julio Jones (2.14)

Demaryius Thomas (4.14)

Jeremy Maclin (5.03)

TE:

Jermichael Finley (3.03)

PK:

DEF:

TMQB:

New England TMQB (1.03)

RB:

WR:

Julio Jones (2.14)

TE:

Jermichael Finley (3.03)

PK:

DEF:
pretty much same here. Wasn't real happy with the draft position draw, but it makes you adapt. Strategy?? - pretty much BPA.TMQB:

Panthers, Carolina TMQB (1.15)

RB:

Shonn Greene (5.15)

LawFirm (6.02)

WR:

Marques Colston (3.15)

Steve Smith (4.02)

TE:

Vernon Davis (2.02)

PK:

DEF:

Think the key to doing well here has to be establishing who makes the playoffs. Potentially 4 extra weeks is huge even if a guy only averages 10-12PPG.

Speaking from experience, draft position in these leagues has made absolutely no difference in the year-end rankings. None. Guys have won from every slot available and there has not been any greater percentage at the top, in the middle, or at the end of the round.

Also, many folks draft people with the allure of landing additional playoff points, but every year teams that should make the post season don't and teams that seemingly had no chance do. Usually, the standings don't change a ton in the playoff weeks unless someone happened to land a lot of players from SB teams and/or wild card round teams that play multiple games.

In the main, there have been any number of strategies that have been tried and failed and tried and worked. Clearly the biggest variable in all of this is drafting a team that ends up being healthy the whole year. If that happens, you will be in the hunt.

Now BigTex is demanding his Britt pick be fixed in the comments section of the draft. I don't think it should be fixed now that we are through a bunch more picks but I guess Yudkin has had this problem before and has a solution?

TMQB:

Rams, St. Louis TMQB (7.15)

RB:

Shonn Greene (5.15)

LawFirm (6.02)

Pierre Thomas (10.02)

WR:

Marques Colston (3.15)

Steve Smith (4.02)

Robert Meachum (8.02)

Lance Moore (9.15)

TE:

Vernon Davis (2.02)

PK:

DEF:

Rounding out pretty decently near the halfway point.

TMQB:

New England TMQB (1.03)

Tennessee TMQB (7.03)

RB:

Jonathan Stewart (6.14)

WR:

Julio Jones (2.14)

Demaryius Thomas (4.14)

Jeremy Maclin (5.03)

Nate Washington (8.14)

Randall Cobb (9.03)

TE:

Jermichael Finley (3.03)

PK:

DEF:
Gone slightly more WR heavy than I would have liked but I'm happy so far.

Now BigTex is demanding his Britt pick be fixed in the comments section of the draft. I don't think it should be fixed now that we are through a bunch more picks but I guess Yudkin has had this problem before and has a solution?
looks like david smiled upon him.pick was 'corrected'.

TMQB:

Buffalo Bills (6.04)

Arizona Cardinals (8.04)

RB:

Chris Johnson (2.04)

Steven Jackson (4.04)

David Wilson (7.13)

WR:

Roddy White (3.13)

Austin Collie (9.13)

TE:

Jason Witten (1.13)

Jacob Tamme (5.13)

PK:

DEF:

Like Donsmith I have no idea what I'm doing. I have been reading the discussion in the Anarchy 2 thread and it seems like no one thinks RBs are valuable in this format. I couldn't disagree more. Sure they don't get PPR, but you have to start 4 of them every week and with 16 teams that's a lot of RBs who won't be seeing many touches having to be in people's lineups. I like Fitzpatrick's chances of putting up some decent numbers this season - sort of a boom or bust pick in my eyes. I probably reached for the Cardinals, but in this format where you don't have to worry about who is starting week to week I think they're a lot more valuable with the receiving weapons they have. Roddy White was an easy "How is he still here" pick for me, and I grabbed Tamme thanks to 2 days of training camp hype - gotta love it.

On that note - I wasn't surprised at all to see Kevin Smith go yesterday after training camp speak was all over the place about Leshoure being hurt, Best not cleared and Smith looking good. Interesting time to be drafting like this where the news changes every day. Certainly adds a dynamic to the owners drafting next to the road blocks who sit around on the clock all day.

TMQB:Buffalo Bills (6.04)Arizona Cardinals (8.04)RB:Chris Johnson (2.04)Steven Jackson (4.04)David Wilson (7.13)WR:Roddy White (3.13)Austin Collie (9.13)TE:Jason Witten (1.13)Jacob Tamme (5.13)PK:DEF:Like Donsmith I have no idea what I'm doing. I have been reading the discussion in the Anarchy 2 thread and it seems like no one thinks RBs are valuable in this format. I couldn't disagree more. Sure they don't get PPR, but you have to start 4 of them every week and with 16 teams that's a lot of RBs who won't be seeing many touches having to be in people's lineups. I like Fitzpatrick's chances of putting up some decent numbers this season - sort of a boom or bust pick in my eyes. I probably reached for the Cardinals, but in this format where you don't have to worry about who is starting week to week I think they're a lot more valuable with the receiving weapons they have. Roddy White was an easy "How is he still here" pick for me, and I grabbed Tamme thanks to 2 days of training camp hype - gotta love it. On that note - I wasn't surprised at all to see Kevin Smith go yesterday after training camp speak was all over the place about Leshoure being hurt, Best not cleared and Smith looking good. Interesting time to be drafting like this where the news changes every day. Certainly adds a dynamic to the owners drafting next to the road blocks who sit around on the clock all day.
i agree w/ your observation about RBs.u can start up to 5 RBs, too.to ur point, ive drafted 4, and have my 5th in mind w/ my nxt pick.

Yeah I feel I may have shat the bed here with regards to RBs. Kept seeing receivers I liked and theres really nothing left there now.

TMQB:

New England TMQB (1.03)

Tennessee TMQB (7.03)

RB:

Jonathan Stewart (6.14)

Jaquizz Rodgers (10.14)

Kendall Hunter (12.04)

Alex Green (13.03)

WR:

Julio Jones (2.14)

Demaryius Thomas (4.14)

Jeremy Maclin (5.03)

Nate Washington (8.14)

Randall Cobb (9.03)

Laurent Robinson (11.03)

TE:

Jermichael Finley (3.03)

PK:

DEF:

Not liking this as much now, middle rounds a bit of a mess for me.

TMQB:

New England TMQB (1.03)

Tennessee TMQB (7.03)

RB:

Jonathan Stewart (6.14)

Jaquizz Rodgers (10.14)

Kendall Hunter (12.04)

Alex Green (13.03)

WR:

Julio Jones (2.14)

Demaryius Thomas (4.14)

Jeremy Maclin (5.03)

Nate Washington (8.14)

Randall Cobb (9.03)

Laurent Robinson (11.03)

TE:

Jermichael Finley (3.03)

PK:

DEF:

Not liking this as much now, middle rounds a bit of a mess for me.
WR's are solid....not sure what was on the board in the 7th but you could have maybe passed on TEN TM QB and looked at RB there.... :2cents:

TMQB:

Rams, St. Louis TMQB (7.15)

RB:

Shonn Greene (5.15)

LawFirm (6.02)

Pierre Thomas (10.02)

WR:

Marques Colston (3.15)

Steve Smith (4.02)

Robert Meachum (8.02)

Lance Moore (9.15)

TE:

Vernon Davis (2.02)

Kellen Winslow (11.15)

PK:

DEF:

Buffalo Bills DEF (12.02)

Pickin's are getting thin. It is really difficult to find value drafting at the end in this format. Hopefully this team will hit on some high weeks when others are down.

We've officially hit the wall in this Draft I believe..... :yawn:

Going on 14 hours since the last pick. Was hoping we'd be done already....

In both drafts I'm participating in there are people taking advantage of there not being a timer. Very frustrating. Yeah, it's a free league, but if you commit to do it then show up.

Enjoyed the draft so far guys, other than the few hiccups we've had. Liking my team, it's all but filled in except for special teams. Got three solid TE's which should help.

Lions, Detroit DET TMQB

Leshoure, Mikel DET RB (S)

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB -

Redman, Isaac PIT RB -

Ridley, Stevan NEP RB -

Amendola, Danny STL WR -

Baldwin, Jon KCC WR -

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR -

Moss, Randy SFO WR -

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR -

Celek, Brent PHI TE (Q)

Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Patriots, New England NEP Def

Enjoyed the draft so far guys, other than the few hiccups we've had. Liking my team, it's all but filled in except for special teams. Got three solid TE's which should help.

Lions, Detroit DET TMQB

Leshoure, Mikel DET RB (S)

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB -

Redman, Isaac PIT RB -

Ridley, Stevan NEP RB -

Amendola, Danny STL WR -

Baldwin, Jon KCC WR -

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR -

Moss, Randy SFO WR -

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR -

Celek, Brent PHI TE (Q)

Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE