What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 7 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Welcome, participants, to 2012 Anarchy League 7.

Here is the league site: Anarchy League 7

I am hoping to get people fully up and drafting by Friday, but the draft is turned on. If people want to start drafting now, I won't stop people from making picks.

The password every team is anarchy7.

Here is the randomly generated draft order:

1.01 Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

1.02 benbadman

1.03 The Comedian

1.04 drater

1.05 Saint

1.06 CommuterMan

1.07 Coordinator

1.08 chazzhawk

1.09 TheGrimReaper

1.10 Cooley's Angels

1.11 BassNBrew

1.12 Va703

1.13 BuddyBall2k3

1.14 JeremyX13

1.15 HellToupee

1.16 Eaglezzz

Any questions, post them here, in the Shark Pool thread, PM me, or email me.

Excited for this. Thanks to David Y.

Question: How do we know when we're on the clock? Does the site send us an email?

On the league site, you can select to receive emails every time a pick is made under your team settings page.

The timer/clock is not currently on. Hopefully we won't need it. First let's make sure everyone is present and accounted for before we start worrying about turning a timer on.

FYI -

If people are interested in strategy or history, the other league Anarchy League sites (specifically Leagues 1 + 2) have 7 years worth or results, rosters, and drafts to look at.

The "slow draft" is an awesome/terrifying format. I didn't think it was possible to obsess over a website more, but now I know different.

If that was me, I didn't realize thorny round 2 pre draft picks wouldn't roll over to round 3, I had my top 35 players queued up thinking I was good, apologies. Thanks for the email heads up, was able to get a pick in on my way your the door. Will pre draft each round going forward.

If that was me, I didn't realize thorny round 2 pre draft picks wouldn't roll over to round 3, I had my top 35 players queued up thinking I was good, apologies. Thanks for the email heads up, was able to get a pick in on my way your the door. Will pre draft each round going forward.
nah, wasn't you.........no prob on the email....was just trying to move things along a bit.......

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

Outside of having to reach a bit for Hernadez, the value dropping to me has been astonishing.

Jackson, DeSean PHI WRMarshall, Brandon CHI WRNicks, Hakeem NYG WRGates, Antonio SDC TEHernandez, Aaron NEP TEOutside of having to reach a bit for Hernadez, the value dropping to me has been astonishing.
Add Dustin Keller to the mix. Not only projected above every WR left ont he board, now someone will have to dip down to TE33.

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

Outside of having to reach a bit for Hernadez, the value dropping to me has been astonishing.
Add Dustin Keller to the mix. Not only projected above every WR left ont he board, now someone will have to dip down to TE33.
I, for one, have no idea what I'm doing. This is my first Anarchy League, my first PPR league and my first 16-team league. I feel like I'm getting killed out there.Oh, and nice team.

Tactically, this is one of the more difficult drafts ive been involved with. Im pretty comfortable with my team so far, but I have no idea if it stacks up or not.

RB

Starks GNB (7.09)

Martin TB (5.09)

WR

Johnson DET (1.09)

Jennings GNB (3.09)

Harvin MIN (4.07)

TE

Finley GNB (2.07)

Olsen CAR (6.07)

Having to go 80+ deep at WR, 64+ at RB, ect..for starters.... have had players sniped...a lot!! but that is to be expected.

Having to go 80+ deep at WR, 64+ at RB, ect..for starters.... have had players sniped...a lot!! but that is to be expected.
This right here is where I completely misjudged the draft. That is a lot of RBs to roster. We're not even halfway through and @#$% is dry.
To be honest, my original VBD algorithim was f'd up as I had the QB and TE side projected on a 12 vs 16(Stupid math entry error). Thankfully for me I caught it by reading the posts from other anarchy leagues. They kept talking about 32-36 TE's being drafted........I'm like WTF?? oh wait......oh crap!! :)

Tactically, this is one of the more difficult drafts ive been involved with. Im pretty comfortable with my team so far, but I have no idea if it stacks up or not.RBStarks GNB (7.09)Martin TB (5.09)WRJohnson DET (1.09)Jennings GNB (3.09)Harvin MIN (4.07)TEFinley GNB (2.07)Olsen CAR (6.07)Having to go 80+ deep at WR, 64+ at RB, ect..for starters.... have had players sniped...a lot!! but that is to be expected.
Very strong team. I was really wanting Starks. Olsen was a freaking steal that late.

This right here is where I completely misjudged the draft. That is a lot of RBs to roster. We're not even halfway through and @#$% is dry.
To be honest, my original VBD algorithim was f'd up as I had the QB and TE side projected on a 12 vs 16(Stupid math entry error). Thankfully for me I caught it by reading the posts from other anarchy leagues. They kept talking about 32-36 TE's being drafted........I'm like WTF?? oh wait......oh crap!! :)
:lmao:

Tactically, this is one of the more difficult drafts ive been involved with. Im pretty comfortable with my team so far, but I have no idea if it stacks up or not.RBStarks GNB (7.09)Martin TB (5.09)WRJohnson DET (1.09)Jennings GNB (3.09)Harvin MIN (4.07)TEFinley GNB (2.07)Olsen CAR (6.07)Having to go 80+ deep at WR, 64+ at RB, ect..for starters.... have had players sniped...a lot!! but that is to be expected.
like what you have done here....Starks that late in the 7th is money....great base you have built here....nice job

like what you have done here....Starks that late in the 7th is money....great base you have built here....nice job
TY :) Im Looking at whats left......a real mixed bag from here on out...available talent level is really starting to turn into a road full of potholes........im guessing the next 5-6 rounds is going to ID who the strong teams will be (barring injury).

Very strong team. I was really wanting Starks. Olsen was a freaking steal that late.
Thanks....btw. nice nice picks on both DJAX and Lance Moore. Had them both on my short list b4 u grabbed them.

Got stuck with the 1.16 pick and had trouble from the get go in this 16 team league. I am going against everything I usually do in Fantasy Football drafts and trying to picks players off of playoff teams.

QB

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

RB

Sproles

Green-Ellis

WR

Wallace

T. Smith

DEF

Eagles

Texans

Got stuck with the 1.16 pick and had trouble from the get go in this 16 team league. I am going against everything I usually do in Fantasy Football drafts and trying to picks players off of playoff teams. QBPittsburghAtlantaRBSprolesGreen-EllisWRWallaceT. SmithDEFEaglesTexans
I suspect both Pitt and Atl would have been there for you at the 3/4 turn.Matthews/Welker or Fitz would be looking a lot better than Wallace/Sproles.You still have to draft 2 TE, 2 RB, 3 WR, and a flex from thinning ranks. Grabbing 2 Ds early after taking 2 QBs early will hurt.

Gronk

Welker

Jordy Nelson

Colston

Decker

Brown (RB)

Gerhart

Colts TMQB

Feel like I started out okay with Gronk, Welker and Nelson but a better QB or a TE would have made more sense than Colston.

GronkWelkerJordy NelsonColstonDeckerBrown (RB)GerhartColts TMQBFeel like I started out okay with Gronk, Welker and Nelson but a better QB or a TE would have made more sense than Colston.
I almost went like u (4 WR early + TE)....but then D. Martin was there in the 5th and I just couldnt pass it up. BTW, u sniped Welker from me (still ended up w/ Jennings so cant complain too much)......You might have been better off going the SFTQB or BUFTQB instead of INDTQB in case of possible playoff bonus otherwise look pretty good. Rock solid at WR :)

I almost went like u (4 WR early + TE)....but then D. Martin was there in the 5th and I just couldnt pass it up. BTW, u sniped Welker from me (still ended up w/ Jennings so cant complain too much)......You might have been better off going the SFTQB or BUFTQB instead of INDTQB in case of possible playoff bonus otherwise look pretty good. Rock solid at WR :)
Thanks. I thought about going back-to-back TMQB and picking up BUF (I really like the Bills/Fitz this year) but thought I might end up with all backup RBs and that would be just too weird. That said, here comes the best thing about drafting in a 16-team league: now's the time when we start gambling on bench players who might emerge later in the year. :thumbup:

Nice turn Hipple.

Also thought Miller, Boldin, Yound, and Williams were some great value picks in the last round.

Current Roster

Helu, Roy WAS RB

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Marshall, Brandon CHI WR

Moore, Lance NOS WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Rice, Sidney SEA WR

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE

Screw it, air attack it is. This will be a fun team to watch.

Current RosterHelu, Roy WAS RBJackson, DeSean PHI WRMarshall, Brandon CHI WRMoore, Lance NOS WRNicks, Hakeem NYG WRRice, Sidney SEA WRGates, Antonio SDC TEHernandez, Aaron NEP TEKeller, Dustin NYJ TEScrew it, air attack it is. This will be a fun team to watch.
I was about to say pick up another WR as your flex, but you already have 3 TEs. Awesome work. You'll be starting Steve Slaton at RB, but so what? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Current RosterHelu, Roy WAS RBJackson, DeSean PHI WRMarshall, Brandon CHI WRMoore, Lance NOS WRNicks, Hakeem NYG WRRice, Sidney SEA WRGates, Antonio SDC TEHernandez, Aaron NEP TEKeller, Dustin NYJ TEScrew it, air attack it is. This will be a fun team to watch.
I was about to say pick up another WR as your flex, but you already have 3 TEs. Awesome work. You'll be starting Steve Slaton at RB, but so what? ;)
I really didn't want to burn my flex that early. Now I'm locked out of value at TE and WR later in the draft. Rice was just too much value to pass up. Dodds has him projected at 170+ and his projections are lighter than most. The thing is that he has a clear path to 200+ pt upside. Only nine RBs managed to do that last year and two of those needed the playoff weeks.The way the RBs flew off the board recently, I'm already looking at Slanton.

I must have set my DD up wrong because it keeps telling me to ignore TE and everyone else has multiple it seems...expecting to finish dead last and learn for next year.

'drater said:
I must have set my DD up wrong because it keeps telling me to ignore TE and everyone else has multiple it seems...expecting to finish dead last and learn for next year.
Did you change the vbd baseline from Joe's Secret to Worst Starter? That will help but the TEs are still depressed to much.

No, I left it pretty much exactly the same as I had for my last draft, just changed the scoring to get as close as possible and then the position values. Live and learn I guess, still will be fun to see how it turns out.

The following teams have already used their flex spot:

Benbadman, GrimReaper, Coordinator, HLW&P, BB2K3, and BNB.

Please make sure you conform to the roster requirements or I will have to dump your non-compliant players back into the free agent player pool and you will have to repick.

Please give me Mason Crosby for my 11.11 pick.

Tate was supposed to be for my team in league 1 (was on the clock in both) and an illegal pick anyway.

Thru 13 rounds....

SFO TMQB 8.08

KAN TMQB 13.09

Neither is outstanding, but both are servicable, and SFO projects to make the playoffs. IMO the AFC W is wide open and you just never know, maybe KAN

has a playoff run in their immediate future. Strong O-line, two quality backs, Baldwin/Bowe/Breaston at WR and Moeki/Boss at TE. There is some talent

there. Even if Cassell has to just game manage..ala T. Dilfer...seems like a solid lower round investment.

D. Martin 5.09

J. Starks 7.09

K. Smith 9.09

Each of the picks has some decent value attached to them, especially K. Smith. I was fortunate to find the news on J. Best breaking about the time

I was on the clock, so it was a no-brainer at that point. Starks performance in camp to date is concerning, but there is nothing I can do about that now.

Worst case IMO it goes full blown rbbc w/Green. My main concern is that he stays healthy (not a given based on history)

C. Johnson 1.09

G. Jennings 3.09

P. Harvin 4.08

S. Moss 11.09

When it came time to make my pick in rd 1, it was btwn Gronk and Megatron. It was a tough call, but looking at going 80+ deep at WR, be damned the Madden curse, and it made my exit strategy for round 2 more clear. I was going BPA TE. Was hoping Welker would fall to me at the 3.09, but LORD took him

1 pick prior. Jennings was a solid consolation prize. Was very happy to see Harvin there in the 4th. It allowed me to ignore the WR's for a while and

renew focus on filling in other holes in the roster. Finding Moss still there in the 11th was a "gift".

J. Finley 2.08

G. Olsen 6.08

K. Davis 10.08

Would have preferred V. Davis or A. Hernandez but knew there was little to no chance that was going to occur. Was ecstatic Olsen fell as far as he did, although I'm prob not looking at any playoff bonus there. That NFC S div is looking brutal top to bottom. It's like the NFC E light version. K. Davis was best alternate left. Was hoping H. Miller would slip a litle further, but I think Davis will be solid enough as my flex. Was justified when Kendricks (last of that tier) fell shortly after.

Comments (positive/negative) encouraged.

SFO TMQB 8.08

KAN TMQB 13.09

The issue I have for taking SFO is that Smith scored 60+ points in the playoffs last year and that inflated the SF ranking at the end of the year. Drop the playoff points and SF falls from 12th to 24th last year in this scoring format. I know that the Niners look like a playoff team, but we've seen over the years that there can be quite a variation in who makes and misses the playoffs. Given that yo took them something like 22nd off the board, you probably did ok here.

As far as the Chiefs go, if they really do go ground and pound with a stronger focus on defense, that may lead to a lot fewer passing attempts. You took them 26th, so it would be hard for them to do a lot worse than where you drafted them. The main issue is that between the two squads, you likely will have a decent deficit to have to overcome in all the other positions.

D. Martin 5.09

J. Starks 7.09

K. Smith 9.09

In this format, RBs are less important than in "regular" leagues, but they still can kill you if you don't get a couple of guys that end up in the 100+ range. What I don't like about this group is there is no one proven, reliable, or set to have a big workload. You easily could have no one with 150 carries (or not a lot more than that if someone gets that many). Given that we just reviewed that you are almost sure to have below average scoring at QB, having below average scoring at RB looks like you are building a hole in two positions.

C. Johnson 1.09

G. Jennings 3.09

P. Harvin 4.08

S. Moss 11.09

Obviously you invested a lot here, and in the main there will be a lot of points coming from this group, BUT . . . I see Megatron coming back to earth some as IMO the Lions had a perfect storm season last year and had A TON of passing attempts. He scored 140 more points last year than in 2010 . . . if he is closer to his 2010 scoring than in 2011 than taking him that soon was not a great pick. Jennings was a gift ans should never have lasted that long. If healthy, he should get some playoff points to help increase his value. Harvin has slipped some in all the Anarchy drafts and I don't know why. You got him at WR17 when he ranked 10th last year (I got him at WR21 in A2). Moss was probably a decent pick, as he missed 4 games last year or else he likely would have ranked in the WR35 range. I'm always leary of a rookie QB, as we have no clue what to expect.

J. Finley 2.08

G. Olsen 6.08

K. Davis 10.08

Many have tried the 3 TE strategy, some of thrived and others have fizzled. You took Finley 7th (ranked 8th last year), Olsen 18th (ranked 19th last year), and Davis 25th (ranked 38th last year). All of those guys played extensively last year, so they will have to do better this year and stay healthy. I'm not sure Davis will improve by leaps and bounds this year, so you might regret taking him in the 10th round to fill your flex (only scored 86 points last year).

Overall, if you can hit some on the QBs and RBs while having the WRs and TEs getting what they should you'll be ok. But as we've seen every year, some guys disappoint while others do really well, so anything can happen.

Thru 13 rounds....SFO TMQB 8.08KAN TMQB 13.09Neither is outstanding, but both are servicable, and SFO projects to make the playoffs. IMO the AFC W is wide open and you just never know, maybe KAN has a playoff run in their immediate future. Strong O-line, two quality backs, Baldwin/Bowe/Breaston at WR and Moeki/Boss at TE. There is some talent there. Even if Cassell has to just game manage..ala T. Dilfer...seems like a solid lower round investment. D. Martin 5.09J. Starks 7.09K. Smith 9.09Each of the picks has some decent value attached to them, especially K. Smith. I was fortunate to find the news on J. Best breaking about the time I was on the clock, so it was a no-brainer at that point. Starks performance in camp to date is concerning, but there is nothing I can do about that now.Worst case IMO it goes full blown rbbc w/Green. My main concern is that he stays healthy (not a given based on history) C. Johnson 1.09G. Jennings 3.09P. Harvin 4.08S. Moss 11.09When it came time to make my pick in rd 1, it was btwn Gronk and Megatron. It was a tough call, but looking at going 80+ deep at WR, be damned the Madden curse, and it made my exit strategy for round 2 more clear. I was going BPA TE. Was hoping Welker would fall to me at the 3.09, but LORD took him 1 pick prior. Jennings was a solid consolation prize. Was very happy to see Harvin there in the 4th. It allowed me to ignore the WR's for a while and renew focus on filling in other holes in the roster. Finding Moss still there in the 11th was a "gift".J. Finley 2.08G. Olsen 6.08K. Davis 10.08Would have preferred V. Davis or A. Hernandez but knew there was little to no chance that was going to occur. Was ecstatic Olsen fell as far as he did, although I'm prob not looking at any playoff bonus there. That NFC S div is looking brutal top to bottom. It's like the NFC E light version. K. Davis was best alternate left. Was hoping H. Miller would slip a litle further, but I think Davis will be solid enough as my flex. Was justified when Kendricks (last of that tier) fell shortly after. Comments (positive/negative) encouraged.
QB - I like who you picked, just not where you picked them. Unless you get a top tier guy, you're better off building strength elsewhere.RB - I'm not sure Martin gets enough of the carries to warrant a pick this high. Glad you got Starks before I pulled the trigger, but I reckon he'll get his during the regular season. K. Smith is a great pick.WR - I think you got outstanding value on each of these picks. Jennings/Harvin should have gone a round earlier. Moss always outperforms his draft position by leaps and bounds.TE - I think Finley bounces back. I was planning on him being on my team until Gates slipped. Olsen should have gone at least a round earlier. I don't know about Davis. Everyone is hyping him as a sleeper except for Dodds.K - You have one but the goal is two who will play.D - I guess you get two serviceable ones late.

QB - X

After the top dogs are taken you might as well wait. Last year I got Smith and Cam in the last 3-4 rounds. The drop off between QB16 and QB30 is that much

RB - Helu 8.06

RBs are going way too high in this draft. Expect that with the number of first time participants. Grab Helu when he represented some value. Will be digging thru the scrap heap from here.

WR - Nicks 3.11, Marshall 4.6, Jackson 5.11, Moore 7.11, Rice 9.11

Arguably the best WR corps in the league. Nicks is early 2nd round value with playoff potential. Marshall early 3rd. Jackson has playoff potential and talent. I don't think Moore has gotten enough of a bump for Meachump. He finished WR36 last year and I got him at around the same spot. Couldn't resist a talent like Rice in the 9th. My WRs are projected to score 966 points excluding playoffs.

TE - Hernadez 1.11, Gates 2.6, Keller 6.6

Either the best or second best unit in the league. Keller should have been drafted in the 4th. All have playoff potential. Projected at 721 regular season points.

K - Crosby 11.11, Henry 12.6

Got be the top pair or close to the top pair in the league. Both with playoff ops.

D - San Fran 10.6, NYJ 13.11

Continuing the same theme, top pair in the league with playoff potential.

Overall I'm very happy about this team. 180 pts per week is a good bogey to shoot for. My WR/TE postions have me at 95 pts per week. K/D should get me 35 pts weekly. Goal here is pick up 30 pts per week at QB and 20 ppw at RB to get me to that 180 mark.

Please don't do my team, I know by everyone else's TE heavy squads I screwed the pooch hard on this draft. Next year.

Also, pre-drafting is good for everybody...

Please don't do my team, I know by everyone else's TE heavy squads I screwed the pooch hard on this draft. Next year.Also, pre-drafting is good for everybody...
On a positive note...I had no idea who Dwayne Allen was until this draft.

Yeah, I've targeted him in every draft either as my TE2 or in the 4th round of rookie drafts...he's going to be a good one.

I like my team, wish I would have grabbed a tight end sooner, but I like my running backs and my receivers are solid.

Users who are viewing this thread