What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

16 Team Dynasty Startup (1 Viewer)

derek245583

Footballguy
Getting an in depth dynasty league started with IDP's, contracts, etc.

We are in the midst of writing the constitution right now but plan on having it finished by Saturday 7/28

We are going to conduct a slow auction on MFL starting as soon as we finalize rules and get 16 owners paid. Shooting for August 5th but we are flexible. So far we have about 4 owners and are looking to get it filled ASAP.

Most unique thing about the league is going to be the rookie auction every year instead of the worst to first draft picking that every other league does.

Here are the basics:

1) 16 teams--6 making the playoffs with 2 byes

2) Leaguesafe used to hold funds with 100% payout after MFL fee

3) Either $75 or $100 entry. Must pay HALF of next year's fees up front as well and it is non refundable. This will be used to essentially deter people bailing AND to get a new owner if someone drops out.

4) Slow auction to be started as soon as we are ready to go with payments and rules. Will probably start in the next 10-14 days

5) Starting lineups-- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX, K, 2DL, 3LB, 3DB, FLEX

6) Standard scoring--kicking around .5 PPR or full PPR. Details to come

Any other questions, just ask. Like I said rules to be finalized in the next 48 hours.

Send me a PM, post, or shoot me an email derek.boesken@gmail to reserve a spot.

Going to be fun and we are in it for the long haul. We will have a unique thing or two to make it an experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'm the reason this thread was started. So you know I'm in. Send me a pm, I'm down.

Just putting this out there, I just dropped $375 on another league. So if we could make this a $75 league, that would be much appreciated.

I'm putting the rule set together today/tonight/early tomorrow. It's outlined above - just be sure to check back tomorrow evening for complete bylaws.

'derek245583 said:
also, with 16 teams I think you have too many starters
Currently in a league with this exact format. Definitely open to suggestions and lessening the amount of starters. Really just getting the basics out there.
The format you have now is fine. The point of having a 16 team league is to separate the men from the boys. The element of luck is plentiful in fantasy football, but the more teams there are, the less chance there is for someone to luck into a winner. You have to actually know what your doing. I welcome the challenge. Just my 2 cents.

'derek245583 said:
Currently in a league with this exact format. Definitely open to suggestions and lessening the amount of starters. Really just getting the basics out there.
The format you have now is fine. The point of having a 16 team league is to separate the men from the boys. The element of luck is plentiful in fantasy football, but the more teams there are, the less chance there is for someone to luck into a winner. You have to actually know what your doing. I welcome the challenge. Just my 2 cents.
Men from the boys is one thing, but with the flex, that 48 posible staring rb slots, and there are barely 16 quality FF starters in the nfl.and that makes 64 wr and thats just posible starters... my point is the wavier wire will be non existant

'derek245583 said:
Men from the boys is one thing, but with the flex, that 48 posible staring rb slots, and there are barely 16 quality FF starters in the nfl.and that makes 64 wr and thats just posible starters... my point is the wavier wire will be non existant
Non existent is an understatement.Like I said, I am in a league structured exactly like this with teams and starters...There was NOBODY on the waiver wire ever. It was hilariously bad.I am not 100% sure that is what we want here, but it puts a premium on drafting well, building a bench, and swinging deals to make things happen. I have never really been a fan of the WW in any fantasy sports. I liken it to a real NFL team who basically has to rely on internal resources if a player goes down with an injury or isnt performing well. I think the "lack of WW" is the least of our concerns with rosters that big.I can link to the league I am currently in to see the rosters of teams and their potential lineups....its not really that bad.

I would prefer league safe only because I really don't know you guys. I'm sure your pretty well known and trusted around these parts, but to me your still a stranger.

I think we will be using leaguesafe, it was one opinion of an interested party...If he needs to paypal another member and then they make his leaguesafe deposit we can do that.

So far we have 8 interested or INs

1) Derek

2) Bender

3) Phillyraiderfan

4) Ralph Wilson

5) Chazzhawk

6) Longshot88

7) mjr

8) Doug M

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

Still plenty of spots left. Going to go look at some other forums and reply to some folks looking for leagues if I can find some.

I'm really interested and I'm willing to pay 2 years in full to join a good league. But I'm concerned that in a 16 team league with start 3 WR requirement that people are going to mad overpay for WRs during the start-up, making WRs difficult to trade later on (that is, if anyone is even willing to trade them with such a premium put on the position), and it will make it hard to find replacement owners for a bottom dwelling team that happens to be weak at the WR spot (which is bound to happen).

Any chance we can knock it down to 2 at least and add another offensive flex spot or something? I play in one league where the starting requirement is 1 at each position with 3 flex spots between RB/WR/TE (with a max starting limit at each position being 3 RBs/4WRs/4TEs). Everyone loves it.

I'm really interested and I'm willing to pay 2 years in full to join a good league. But I'm concerned that in a 16 team league with start 3 WR requirement that people are going to mad overpay for WRs during the start-up, making WRs difficult to trade later on (that is, if anyone is even willing to trade them with such a premium put on the position), and it will make it hard to find replacement owners for a bottom dwelling team that happens to be weak at the WR spot (which is bound to happen). Any chance we can knock it down to 2 at least and add another offensive flex spot or something? I play in one league where the starting requirement is 1 at each position with 3 flex spots between RB/WR/TE (starting limit of 3 RBs/4WRs/4TEs in total). Everyone loves it.
Bender and I are literally writing the constitution right now...emailing debatable topics back and forth and we are willing to discuss topics.I am open to suggestions, but I am not sure I understand everyone's concerns here. In a 16 team league with 18 starting spots every team is bound to have a weakness. I would like to submit to you the WR's of the teams in a league I am currently in.... Going to try and format it so it looks ok. Will BRB with it in a new post

I'm really interested and I'm willing to pay 2 years in full to join a good league. But I'm concerned that in a 16 team league with start 3 WR requirement that people are going to mad overpay for WRs during the start-up, making WRs difficult to trade later on (that is, if anyone is even willing to trade them with such a premium put on the position), and it will make it hard to find replacement owners for a bottom dwelling team that happens to be weak at the WR spot (which is bound to happen). Any chance we can knock it down to 2 at least and add another offensive flex spot or something? I play in one league where the starting requirement is 1 at each position with 3 flex spots between RB/WR/TE (starting limit of 3 RBs/4WRs/4TEs in total). Everyone loves it.
Bender and I are literally writing the constitution right now...emailing debatable topics back and forth and we are willing to discuss topics.I am open to suggestions, but I am not sure I understand everyone's concerns here. In a 16 team league with 18 starting spots every team is bound to have a weakness. I would like to submit to you the WR's of the teams in a league I am currently in.... Going to try and format it so it looks ok. Will BRB with it in a new post
I'm pretty much fine with whatever you guys come up with and I know each team is going to have a weakness somewhere no matter what. I've never played in a league this size with a 3WR starting requirement, so I'm just wondering if a lot of teams are going to end up having the same, glaring weakness at that same position. If there are teams in that other league who are weak at the WR spot but are still competitive, then I'm fine with it. Just trying to understand the impact. Sorry, man. Don't mean to bother you while you're trying to put it together.

Code:
Team 1	Team 2	Team 3	Team 4	Team 5	Team 6	Team 7	Team 8Branch, D	Arrington, A	Adams, J	Avant, J	Breaston, S	Aromashodu, D	Banks, B	Baldwin, DBryant, D	Avery, D	Amendola, D	Caldwell, A	Burleson, N	Benjamin, T	Ginn Jr., T	Binns, AChilds, G	Edelman, J	Benn, A	        Ebert, J	Floyd, M	Cruz, V	        Jackson, D	Blackmon, JClayton, M	Hixon, D	Evans, L	Harris, D	Ford, J  	Doucet, E	Jennings, G	Bowe, DCobb, R	        Holmes, A	Floyd, M	Jackson, V	Fuller, J	Douglas, H	Mariani, M	Colston, MEasley, M	Jean, L	        Kerley, J	Jones, D	Massaquoi, M	Heyward-Bey, D	Morgan, J	Cribbs, JGraham, T	Johnson, C	Obomanu, B	Lloyd, B	Sanu, M  	Hilton, T	Rainey, C	Criner, JHill, J	        Johnson, R	Parker, P	Maclin, J	Shipley, J	Johnson, C	Salas, G	Gates, CMartin, K	Jones, D	Quick, B	Matthews, R	Williams, M	Walter, K	Marshall, BMcCluster, D	Moore, L	Streeter, T	McNutt, M			Weems, E	Robiskie, BOwens, T	Pilares, K	White, R	Moss, S				Stallworth, DRandle, R	Sanzenbacher, D	Wylie, D	Sanders, E			Wallace, RRoberts, A	Smith, S	                Thomas, M				Royal, E	Wallace, M		        Young, T					        Washington, N

There is half of them...My team is so stacked I cant even post it...kidding of course

One other thing you have to consider is that you get return yards in an IDP league usually, so guys like Josh Cribbs are plenty serviceable and an old Eddie Royal is as well.

I will post the other 8 if someone is interested...I may do it anyway just to finish what I started.

I'm pretty much fine with whatever you guys come up with and I know each team is going to have a weakness somewhere no matter what. I've never played in a league this size with a 3WR starting requirement, so I'm just wondering if a lot of teams are going to end up having the same, glaring weakness at that same position. If there are teams in that other league who are weak at the WR spot but are still competitive, then I'm fine with it. Just trying to understand the impact. Sorry, man. Don't mean to bother you while you're trying to put it together.
No worries, this should be fun for everyone.I actually think I had the worst WR's in the league and I scored the most points. My WR's last year were Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, and then a mish mash of Jason Avant, Eddie Royal, Mike Thomas, Santana Moss, and Titus YoungFortunately for me i started Arian Foster, Darren Sproles, and McFadden/Michael Bush every weekThe guy who won the league started Anquan Boldin, Julio Jones, Michael Crabtree, and Demarius Thomas every week

There is half of them...My team is so stacked I cant even post it...kidding of courseOne other thing you have to consider is that you get return yards in an IDP league usually, so guys like Josh Cribbs are plenty serviceable and an old Eddie Royal is as well.I will post the other 8 if someone is interested...I may do it anyway just to finish what I started.
I'm good with it. You can consider me "IN".

To all interested - I should be finished typing up the constitution later tonight - please bear with me - I had a medical issue this past Friday. Things are almost completed, Derek and I are just tweaking a few things right now.

Constitution is close...

Should have the MFL site setup by tonight and hopefully the rules published.

We can let people take a look and discuss any glaring ommissions or mistakes on the MFL site.

Looks like we got half filled pretty easily. Ill get more instructions out later today...tonight probably.

So far we have 8 interested or INs1) Derek2) Bender3) Phillyraiderfan4) Ralph Wilson5) Chazzhawk6) Longshot887) mjr8) Doug M9) Brian10) GOB11)12)13)14)15)16)Still plenty of spots left. Going to go look at some other forums and reply to some folks looking for leagues if I can find some.
Up to 10 interested parties...

So far we have 8 interested or INs1) Derek2) Bender3) Phillyraiderfan4) Ralph Wilson5) Chazzhawk6) Longshot887) mjr8) Doug M9) Brian10) GOB11) Matt12) Tim13) prhof1414)15)16)Still plenty of spots left. Going to go look at some other forums and reply to some folks looking for leagues if I can find some.
13...May purchase the MFL league tomorrow just to save the 10 bucks

I have interest in this league, but the thing that's throwing me is the rookie auction. Isn't that going to make it more difficult to rebuild bad teams if they a) don't get an advantage in acquiring rookies, and b) can't trade commodities for draft picks when they are in rebuild mode?

I have interest in this league, but the thing that's throwing me is the rookie auction. Isn't that going to make it more difficult to rebuild bad teams if they a) don't get an advantage in acquiring rookies, and b) can't trade commodities for draft picks when they are in rebuild mode?
I have been kicking around this exact rule for 2 days now and I am not sure what side of the fence I am currently on.I think a bad team could clear cap space to acquire said rookies and probably rebuild FASTER. Would "clearing cap space" be similar and as easy as trading commodities for draft picks like you mentioned. I dont know. I have never seen this rule and I kinda thought it was neat when Bender brought it up. If it wont work though then I obviously dont think we should have it.If anyone would like to see a copy of the current bylaws email me: derek.boesken@gmail.comI would like as many eyes as possible on them. Bender did the heavy lifting writing most of the rules but I want to close up any loopholes before I get it in full motion.If we have to go to a regular rookie draft, then that is what we have to do.

'derek245583 said:
'derek245583 said:
So far we have 8 interested or INs1) Derek2) Bender3) Phillyraiderfan4) Ralph Wilson5) Chazzhawk6) Longshot887) mjr8) Doug M9) Brian10) GOB11) Matt12) Tim13) prhof1414) plasmadogplasma15) Detroit Jaz16)Still plenty of spots left. Going to go look at some other forums and reply to some folks looking for leagues if I can find some.
13...May purchase the MFL league tomorrow just to save the 10 bucks

I believe I just sent the last round of bylaws to Derek.

I'm sorry guys but these things take a while to sort of dream up and even then, I'm afraid of missing something.

We've been talking about the rookie auction. I think the idea is, clear cap space by trading off your high ticket guys if you are really looking to rebuild so you know you have a good cache of money going into the rookie auction.

As a matter of fact, this sort of rule could HELP rebuilding teams obtain more than 1 marquee rookie if they allocate their money correctly.

And yes - I have been incapacitated the past 4-5 days.

I'm around all day tomorrow and tonight to finalize these, then off for about 3 days - back home for 1 day and then gone for almost 2 weeks. When I say gone, I just mean I won't be on my home computer - will have iPad with me to help run the auction and be on alert as situations arise.

I do think the idea of a rookie auction could help teams rebuild faster, but how much cap space is actually cleared and available after cutting a high priced player will depend on the penalty of guaranteed contracts. Might actually hurt a GM to drop a high cost player if he's only getting half or even less of that cap space to use on rookies in auction. But I like the idea of getting away from the norm.

Should have the site up and running to tonight and can get the invites and bylaws out for people to give official INs or OUTs

Alright boys...looks like we got the bylaws nailed down.

Send me an email....derek.boesken@gmail.com..... or PM me your email and I will get the rules to you. From there, give me a definitive IN or OUT if possible.

Because I dont want to scare even one worthy owner away, I will setup leaguesafe and we can start getting paid up. We wont start the auction until everyone is paid for this year and half of next.

I should have the MFL site setup in the next 24 hours as we get a 10 dollar discount if I do that before Wednesday...so I will hustle to get that done.

Anything else, let me know.

1) Derek

2) Bender

3) Phillyraiderfan

4) Ralph Wilson

5) Chazzhawk

6) Longshot88

7) mjr

8) Doug M

9) Brian

10) GOB

11) Matt

12) Tim

13) prhof14

14) plasmadogplasma

15) Detroit Jaz

16) Cheese

Man I am stoked for this league. Any chance of drafting this Saturday night?
As soon as we get 16 solid and paid up, we will rock and roll...all depends on that at this point. Would like to get started sooner rather than later to keep the 24 hour rule in effect to help the busy folks like Bender and myself....but I know I will make time once it starts.

Have one minor kink that we will discuss on the MFL website once we get 16 solid... Very minor and should be solvable I think.

Have 7 leaguesafe invites out including myself

1) Derek

2) Bender

3) Phillyraiderfan

4) PlasmaDogPlasma

5) GOB

6) Chazzhawk

7) Ralph Wilson

Emailed or PM'ed a bunch of the interested parties...

Setting up the league site now.

Users who are viewing this thread