Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

derek245583

16 Team Dynasty Startup

Still have some setup to do, but I am cashed for the night. Will put the finishing touches on it later.

Got 8 invites out with plenty of emails and PMs pending.

Everything is paid for.

if a spot opens up, I'm interested.

Same here, let me know if a spot opens. Cerianamax@gmail.com

You guys are in if you want them...2 folks passed.

Any chance we're going to have a league website soon? Few things Id like to have some time to do on there before the auction; scoring, ranking players etc.

Any chance we're going to have a league website soon? Few things Id like to have some time to do on there before the auction; scoring, ranking players etc.

I sent an invite...

I sent an invite...
I didn't get it. Can you send it again? Thanks. mjrusso1@live.com

I sent an invite...
I didn't get it. Can you send it again? Thanks. mjrusso1@live.com
Left the "1" off the email..should have it now

Still a few spots left for those interested.

Getting there on the payments and joining the site...Site is nearly completely setup. Could use people on there for input and suggestions.

League is dead.

Not enough interest and had 3-4 owners get invited then bail. Not a good recipe for a dynasty.

Will try again next year

League is dead.Not enough interest and had 3-4 owners get invited then bail. Not a good recipe for a dynasty.Will try again next year

not worth giving it a bit more time?

League is dead.Not enough interest and had 3-4 owners get invited then bail. Not a good recipe for a dynasty.Will try again next year

not worth giving it a bit more time?
We discussed giving it more time, but decided we didnt want to rush anything with the auction and wanted a good foundation for a dynasty. We thought demand would be sky high and we would have owners and payments by yesterday to start the auction. Rather then half ### a dynasty league, we punted. I want the league to last awhile.

Damnit! I want in this thing!!! :wall:

If you decide to salvage this league let me know asap. I will pay right now and have dynasty league experience. Looking for a good one.

Just my opinion, but I've started a few large IDP leagues and its pretty typical that you are going to have some larger than expected turnover that first year but that's not a bad thing. The guys you keep are your core and the guys that don't stick serve a good purpose because, honestly, if they will start the league with you, they are probably the types that are interested in drafting (so they will do that part with sincere interest and leave solid teams to replace owners with).

So if you have guys that bailed already, you got some of that stuff out of the way and you have time to find more. I wouldn't put the kabosh on your league yet.

Just my opinion, but I've started a few large IDP leagues and its pretty typical that you are going to have some larger than expected turnover that first year but that's not a bad thing. The guys you keep are your core and the guys that don't stick serve a good purpose because, honestly, if they will start the league with you, they are probably the types that are interested in drafting (so they will do that part with sincere interest and leave solid teams to replace owners with). So if you have guys that bailed already, you got some of that stuff out of the way and you have time to find more. I wouldn't put the kabosh on your league yet.

agreed.

Im still game if you can try and get it started again. Maybe try for a 14 team league? Compromise between 12&16

Obviously less time for the auction. I think Derek mentioned doing a 12hr, instead of 24.

Disappointing this didn't work out. I've been hoping to find a good auction/contract league and stumbled on this one today and it looked very promising.

Well....

Sounds like we may have the horses to pull off a 16 team league after all

Not sure what we should do

Might be interested in this if its happening and has openings...send me a link to the site so I can check it out.

Although we have 16 committed owners.

One has been radio silent for a good 4-5 days and we are trying to start the auction tomorrow.

If you like the bylaws and want to get in on this auction from the ground level, please PM Derek for the LeagueSafe info and invite to the MFL League.

Please note, however, in the event the previously committed owner is able to get his payment in by 9 AM tomorrow morning, we will have to keep his spot for him.

In essence, we are looking for a last minute back up right now that can make the LeagueSafe payment first thing tomorrow morning and jump right into the draft.

I know this is a long shot, but we need to get this thing off the ground.

This looks to be a stable dynasty league for years to come - 15 out of 16 owners are paid up for all of 2012 and half of 2013 - so don't be afraid to wet your beak if you're interested.

Thanks!

Bump

If you're out there - have 120 bucks - like dynasties - want to start the slow auction this morning

get in touch with me or Derek ASAP