What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2012 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

ffrookie

Footballguy
Since we just started the 2012 FBG drafts I thought Id go ahead and start a 'how did I do' thread.

Here is my first team:

Out of the 7 hole tonight I drafted the following team:

QB: Rivers, Ponder (like Rivers upside as I still think he was hurt early and mid last year)

RB: Forte, Charles, Donald Brown, Tate, Pead, Turbin (tried to take some upside guys late to go along with my more reliable players)

WR: Jennings, Harvin, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Cobb, Jeffery, Caldwell (really like this WR group as I think 1+ of Cobb/Jeffery/Caldwell will break out)

TE: Celek, Gresham, Kellen Davis (not the best but I think Im OK here)

K; Bryant

D: Ravens

This is a very solid team. Perhaps there aren't any real studs, but at the same time there aren't any weaknesses. Rivers will be solid, and doesn't get hurt, D Brown should be an acceptable flex, (too bad you couldn't pick Hillis up to pair with Charles), S Smith is a very nice flex play, (Harvin will outperform him), and I do think you've got 3 solid TEs. At least one of them will shine (probably Celek) but the other two are certainly capable. I think you'll be starting 2 of them during the year if you get any RB or WR injuries. This is proof that if you're patient, and not grab a QB or TE too early, you can end up with a soid team, end to end.

Great job man! You will be able to field a lineup easily. Love the extra pick made at TE to back up Celek. The only thing I dont care for is Rivers, a brutal playoff schedule, but he's still a stud.

QB Cam Newton, RG III

RB Chris Johnson, Roy Helu, C.J. Spiller, Ben Tate, Ronnie Hillman, Evan Royster, Javon Ringer, Chris Ivory

WR Wes Welker, Malcom Floyd, Austin Collie, Randle Cobb, Vincent Brown

TE Aaron Hernandez, Jacob Tammee, Joel Dresseen

K Garrett Hartley

D Raiders

I see two challenges - a reliable #2 RB, and a 2nd flex. I see Tamme being one of the flexes but you're going to struggle for a 2nd one. Also, because of your weakness at RB, you might struggle even more so during byes, etc... Hillman may be getting you something in the 2nd half of the year but this contest has a very short regular season so it might be too late by the time he starts to help you. But your first two WRs, QBs, and TEs are strong. Wasn't there a better Def available?

Like you're team for sure quality at every position and no holes that sink lots of teams. Your wr are especially nice.

Here's my first two teams I drafted over the weekend. went with the "get stud QB/TE, wait on RB" approach in both.

4th pick

QB: Brady

RB: J Stewart, Hillis, Hightower, Jacquizz Rodgers, Tolbert, Snelling, L James

WR: R White, Colston, Jordy Nelson, A Brown, R Wayne, B Quick

TE: Graham, H Miller, B Watson

9th pick

QB: Cam

RB: R Bush, Spiller, Tate, K Hunter, L James, Grant

WR: AJ Green, Decker, Heyward-Bey, T Young, Little, Michael Floyd, Burleson

TE: Gronk, Hernandez, Clark, Kendricks

'prgromek said:
Here's my first two teams I drafted over the weekend. went with the "get stud QB/TE, wait on RB" approach in both.

4th pick

9th pick

The team with Brady should be really good. You waited on RBs but still landed two decent starters in Stewart and Hillis plus a home run pick in Jacquizz Rodgers. Your WRs are excellent for having spent high picks on TE and QB.

The other team is very bad, IMO. Your TEs are ridiculous but taking two TEs that high kind of limits your flexibility and you ended up below average at both WR and RB. You'll need a lot to go right in order to break .500 with that team.

QB - Rivers, Palmer

RB- Rice, Sproles, Ingram, Jennings, Vereen, Royster, Pierce

WR- Marshall, Colston, Bowe, Vjax, Simpson, Broyles, Tate

TE- Daniels, Winslow

Probably should have taken Helu instead of Vjax in the 7th to have had a more balanced team.

Tonite outta the five hole

Eli Manning, Andy Dalton

Ryan Mathews, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, David Wilson, Felix Jones

Steve Smith(car), Jeremy Maclin, Torrie Smith, Robert Meachem, Kendall Wright, Brandon Lafell, Alshon Jeffrey

Tony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennett, Kellen Davis

Bears D

Robbie Gould, Lawrence Tynes

Last edited by a moderator:
From the 6 spot in tonight's 10:00 draft.

QBs A.Rogers, P.Rivers

RBs W.McGahee,M.Turner,F.Gore,Dea.Willams,D.Thomas,M.Smith

WRs R.Wayne, N.Burelson, L.Fitzgerald, Welker, Manningham,S.Hill,A.Jeffery

TEs H.Miller,Moeaki

K Akers,Carpenter

Def Steelers

Out of the #8 spot the official

"I can't believer this holdout/injury is still going on team"

QBs: Vick, Fitzpatrick

RBs: CJ1k, MJD, Peterson, Hillis, Gerhart, Jennings

WRs: Austin, Wallace, Boldin, Crabtree, Steve Smith (STL), Chad Johnson, Mike Thomas

TEs: Keller, Dickson, Winslow

K: Gould

Dst: Lions

TEs were ripping off the board and basically everyone I had targetted went at least 6 picks before me (Owen Daniels "fell" to just 2 picks before I was going to take him). I should be able to squeeze out low end starting caliber #s from this group but obviously I am flexing out RBs.

I took Gerhart in the 8th but got lucky when no one grabbed Jennings at all and he fell to the 12th.

I do have a big issue week 11 with CJ, ADP and Gerhart all on byes leaving me with MJD/Jennings and Hillis as starters and having to flex out 2 WRs/TEs but I don't mid tryhing to figure things out in the playoffs since that means I'm there.

If MJD and Wallace show and ADP is good after he PUPs I ahve a potentially dominant team with 2 high end #2 WRs, 3 stud RBs, a top 6 QB and OK TE play and several options for my #2 flex.

Of course the whole damn thing could blow up in my face and I my masses of injury/holdout risk prevent any real traction and I start out the season 1-4 and never even make the playoffs.

From the 6 spot in tonight's 10:00 draft.QBs A.Rogers, P.RiversRBs W.McGahee,M.Turner,F.Gore,Dea.Willams,D.Thomas,M.SmithWRs R.Wayne, N.Burelson, L.Fitzgerald, Welker, Manningham,S.Hill,A.JefferyTEs H.Miller,MoeakiK Akers,CarpenterDef Steelers
I don't care how much value you see in rivers I just can't go with drafting a QB before the 12th round if you spend a 1st/2nd on Rodgers. Terriffic starting 3 WRs but you weakness at TE and age/low reception count at RB hurt the flex play and starters. That is where that pick needs to go.

Tonite outta the five holeEli Manning, Andy DaltonRyan Mathews, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, David Wilson, Felix JonesSteve Smith(car), Jeremy Maclin, Torrie Smith, Robert Meachem, Kendall Wright, Brandon Lafell, Alshon JeffreyTony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennett, Kellen DavisBears DRobbie Gould, Lawrence Tynes
The Lynch/Peterson combo is risky since ADP might not be ready and Lynch might face disciplinary action. With Wilson a rookie behind a quality guy like Bradshaw it will be hard to get production from him early enough to counteract this. With the double flex that could mean you are starting your #3 and #4 receivers the first few weeks. Like a lot of teams you hinge on ADPs health.

QB - Rivers, PalmerRB- Rice, Sproles, Ingram, Jennings, Vereen, Royster, PierceWR- Marshall, Colston, Bowe, Vjax, Simpson, Broyles, TateTE- Daniels, WinslowProbably should have taken Helu instead of Vjax in the 7th to have had a more balanced team.
I like this team. Def Helu instead of Vjax with this squad but its still good.

I like my first team a lot better. But here is my draft from the 7 hole last night.

QB: Fitzpatrick, Griffin

RB: CJ2K, Reggie Bush, Greene, Ryan Williams, Jacobs, Miller

WR: Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings, Denarius Moore, LaFell, Santana Moss, Caldwell, Randle

TE: Pettigrew, Fred Davis, Moeaki

K: Prater

D: Eagles

From the 5 hole

Qb- Tom Brady, Andy Dalton

Rb- Demarco Murray, Steven Jackson, Stevan Ridley, Kevin Smith, Daniel Thomas, Alex Green, Lamichael James

Wr- Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Danny Amendola, Michael Crabtree, Nate Washington, Jabar Gaffney, Steve Breaston

Te- Brandon Pettigrew, Ed Dickson

D- Dallas

K- Lawrence Tynes

Tonite outta the five holeEli Manning, Andy DaltonRyan Mathews, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, David Wilson, Felix JonesSteve Smith(car), Jeremy Maclin, Torrie Smith, Robert Meachem, Kendall Wright, Brandon Lafell, Alshon JeffreyTony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennett, Kellen DavisBears DRobbie Gould, Lawrence Tynes
The Lynch/Peterson combo is risky since ADP might not be ready and Lynch might face disciplinary action. With Wilson a rookie behind a quality guy like Bradshaw it will be hard to get production from him early enough to counteract this. With the double flex that could mean you are starting your #3 and #4 receivers the first few weeks. Like a lot of teams you hinge on ADPs health.
Lynch's lawyers are pushing his case to trial thus delaying the verdict, if he does get suspended I don't think it's until 2013. If ADP shows up I think my team could be nasty, I love Maclin this year and I think that someone will come out of the Torrey Smith, Robert Meachem battle to make my second flex not a weakness. And for some reason I'm all about Martellus Bennett, he's the self proclaimed black unicorn baby hahahhahah

From the 6 spot in tonight's 10:00 draft.QBs A.Rogers, P.RiversRBs W.McGahee,M.Turner,F.Gore,Dea.Willams,D.Thomas,M.SmithWRs R.Wayne, N.Burelson, L.Fitzgerald, Welker, Manningham,S.Hill,A.JefferyTEs H.Miller,MoeakiK Akers,CarpenterDef Steelers
I don't care how much value you see in rivers I just can't go with drafting a QB before the 12th round if you spend a 1st/2nd on Rodgers. Terriffic starting 3 WRs but you weakness at TE and age/low reception count at RB hurt the flex play and starters. That is where that pick needs to go.
To me he is good ins. So that was worth taking him. plus he can't be used against me if he is on my team.We play week 6 should be fun.Good luck

Since we just started the 2012 FBG drafts I thought Id go ahead and start a 'how did I do' thread.Here is my first team: Out of the 7 hole tonight I drafted the following team:QB: Rivers, Ponder (like Rivers upside as I still think he was hurt early and mid last year)RB: Forte, Charles, Donald Brown, Tate, Pead, Turbin (tried to take some upside guys late to go along with my more reliable players)WR: Jennings, Harvin, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Cobb, Jeffery, Caldwell (really like this WR group as I think 1+ of Cobb/Jeffery/Caldwell will break out)TE: Celek, Gresham, Kellen Davis (not the best but I think Im OK here)K; BryantD: Ravens
like it. good upside. you gonna do 12 drafts again? :)

Im sticking to 3 this year. I did fine last year but it was far too many to manage.

Since we just started the 2012 FBG drafts I thought Id go ahead and start a 'how did I do' thread.Here is my first team: Out of the 7 hole tonight I drafted the following team:QB: Rivers, Ponder (like Rivers upside as I still think he was hurt early and mid last year)RB: Forte, Charles, Donald Brown, Tate, Pead, Turbin (tried to take some upside guys late to go along with my more reliable players)WR: Jennings, Harvin, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Cobb, Jeffery, Caldwell (really like this WR group as I think 1+ of Cobb/Jeffery/Caldwell will break out)TE: Celek, Gresham, Kellen Davis (not the best but I think Im OK here)K; BryantD: Ravens
like it. good upside. you gonna do 12 drafts again? :)

3-hole on the Red vs Blue draft last night:

Roethlisberger (10)

RG III (11)

Dalton (14)

McCoy (1)

Jamaal Charles (2)

Shonn Greene (5)

BJGE (7)

Donald Brown (8)

Dion Lewis

Miles Austin (4)

Torrey Smith (6)

Emanuel Sanders

Jerome Simpson

Jacoby Ford

Witten (3)

Keller (9)

Moeaki

Henery

SFO

DET

Overall, not a lot of slippage in this draft. QBs went earlier than last year, we decided to wait. Eli went 2 picks before us in the 8th, so we decided to wait some more.. don't think we did too bad with later round QB value.

WRs are clearly the weak point of this club, but the approach is that we're probably not going to start more than 2 any given week anyway.

Need a few things to happen for this club to compete - Charles to return to form and not get vultured too much by Hillis, Greene to step up as the undisputed go-to, Torrey Smith to capitalize on potential...

at #5

QB - Newton, Dalton, Bradford

RB - Jones-Drew, Lynch, Green-Ellis, Ingram, Woodhead

WR - Megatron, Wayne, Heyward-Bey, Williams (TB), Sanu, Hankerson

TE - Finley, Fleener, Dickson

K - Bryant

Def - Pitt, Cincy

I like it. I love it if MJD ends his holdout. I like hyphens.

Out of 7th slot

Newton (4), Bradford

Chris Johnson (1), Charles (3), Starks (8), DeAngelo (9), Ryan Will (10), Ringer

Fitzgerald (2), Colston (5), Lafell, Quick, Hankerson

F Davis (6), Gresham (7), Miller, Kendricks

Chicago DST

Bryant and Prater

Out of 7th slotNewton (4), BradfordChris Johnson (1), Charles (3), Starks (8), DeAngelo (9), Ryan Will (10), RingerFitzgerald (2), Colston (5), Lafell, Quick, HankersonF Davis (6), Gresham (7), Miller, KendricksChicago DSTBryant and Prater
Getting Charles in the middle of the third seems pretty sweet. Were RB's going later than expected?

Out of 7th slotNewton (4), BradfordChris Johnson (1), Charles (3), Starks (8), DeAngelo (9), Ryan Will (10), RingerFitzgerald (2), Colston (5), Lafell, Quick, HankersonF Davis (6), Gresham (7), Miller, KendricksChicago DSTBryant and Prater
Getting Charles in the middle of the third seems pretty sweet. Were RB's going later than expected?
and colston in the fifth he went early fourth in mine

nice starters. don't like the newton pick for this team but its explosive. think you just need starks or deangelo to come through as your depth and you're a playoff team

at #5QB - Newton, Dalton, BradfordRB - Jones-Drew, Lynch, Green-Ellis, Ingram, WoodheadWR - Megatron, Wayne, Heyward-Bey, Williams (TB), Sanu, HankersonTE - Finley, Fleener, DicksonK - BryantDef - Pitt, CincyI like it. I love it if MJD ends his holdout. I like hyphens.
you forgot to draft stephens hyphen howling. but nice team. surprised by this and the above team able to be pretty complete even with drafting newton in the 4th

3-hole on the Red vs Blue draft last night:Roethlisberger (10)RG III (11)Dalton (14)McCoy (1)Jamaal Charles (2)Shonn Greene (5)BJGE (7)Donald Brown (8)Dion LewisMiles Austin (4)Torrey Smith (6)Emanuel SandersJerome SimpsonJacoby FordWitten (3)Keller (9)MoeakiHenerySFODETOverall, not a lot of slippage in this draft. QBs went earlier than last year, we decided to wait. Eli went 2 picks before us in the 8th, so we decided to wait some more.. don't think we did too bad with later round QB value.WRs are clearly the weak point of this club, but the approach is that we're probably not going to start more than 2 any given week anyway.Need a few things to happen for this club to compete - Charles to return to form and not get vultured too much by Hillis, Greene to step up as the undisputed go-to, Torrey Smith to capitalize on potential...
nice upside but damn that's risky with austin's hammy. think i'd go allin with one of rg or big ben and grab another wr

2nd team both times drafted at the 6th spot.

Rodgers,Flacco

McGahee,D.Brown,D.Wilson,Blount,D.Thomas,M.Smith

L.Fitz,G.Jennings,M.Austin,P.Harvin,Manningham,S.Hill,A.Jeffrey

T.Gonz,K.Davis

Akers,Prater

Bears

Waited till 5th round to draft rb and it shows.Hopefully I will be able to at least compete.

Out of the 9-hole just in the 7PM draft just now:

Rivers (8)

Freeman

McFadden (1)

Jones-Drew (2)

Bradshaw (4)

Wells (9)

R. Jennings

Blount

Hightower

Marshall (3)

Austin (5)

Bowe (6)

S. Holmes (10)

D. Nelson

Gresham (7)

Kendricks

Dickson

Henery

Kaeding

Patriots

Thanks...

Out of the 9-hole just in the 7PM draft just now:Rivers (8)FreemanMcFadden (1)Jones-Drew (2)Bradshaw (4)Wells (9)R. JenningsBlountHightowerMarshall (3)Austin (5)Bowe (6)S. Holmes (10)D. NelsonGresham (7)KendricksDicksonHeneryKaedingPatriotsThanks...
bradshaw 4th is a steal. great team.

2nd team both times drafted at the 6th spot.Rodgers,FlaccoMcGahee,D.Brown,D.Wilson,Blount,D.Thomas,M.SmithL.Fitz,G.Jennings,M.Austin,P.Harvin,Manningham,S.Hill,A.JeffreyT.Gonz,K.DavisAkers,PraterBearsWaited till 5th round to draft rb and it shows.Hopefully I will be able to at least compete.
i think you're in trouble here relying on your top 2 rbs. you need to win on points i think. maybe wilson goes off a couple games and you should be ok.

Drafted tonight from 2 hole

Qb: Peyton; Schaub

Rb: Ray Rice; Frank Gore; Roy Helu; Hightower; Brandon Jacobs; Bernard Pierce; Delone Carter

WR: Roddy White; Demarius Thomas; Michael Crabtree; Santana Moss; Austin Collie

TE: Gates; Owen Daniels; Ryan Housler

D/ST: Steelers; Giants

K: Jason Hanson

My top picks were in this order: Rice; Roddy; Gates; Demarius Thomas; Gore; Peyton; Helu; Crabtree; Daniels; Schaub; Moss

4th pick

9th pick

gawd that first team looks sick.2nd team lacks rb depth and will need someone to step up at flex2 but i would be optimistic.

i was in your 2nd draft at 11:

brady

forte, donald brown, kevin smith, daniel thomas, delone carter, bernard scott, hardesty, lamar miller

harvin, wallace, denarius, santonio, davone bess

gates, keller, dickson

kinda regret taking forte over mjd now. also stupidly wasnt aware enough to grab mbush.

My final draft of the year:

QB: Eli, Fitz

RB: McCoy, Charles, Spiller, Rashad Jennings, Goodson, Brinkley

WR: Green, Steve Smith-CAR, Maclin, Little, Simpson, Amendola, Jeffery

TE: Finley, Rudolph, Moeaki

D: Jets

From the 2 spot

Rivers (7)

Schaub (15)

Foster (1)

Richardson (2)

Tate (8)

Blount (10)

M Bush (11)

Powell (14)

Austin (4)

Desean (6)

DHB (9)

M Williams TB (12)

Blackmon (13)

Gordon (17)

S Hill (19)

Gates (3)

Witten (5)

Watson (20)

7-hole tonight:

P. Manning (8)

Luck

Cassel

Chris Johnson (1)

M. Lynch (4)

BJGE (6)

Starks (10)

P. Thomas

R. Jennings

J. Ringer

G. Jennings (2)

V. Cruz (3)

M. Colston (5)

Blackmon

Hankerson

T. Owens (16)

Tamme (7)

Celek (9)

Bironas

PIT

Two things that may be of interest:

- Ryan Matthews went toward the end of the 3rd round

- Cedric Benson went early in the 11th. I had hoped to take him later in the draft to pair up with Starks, but he went much earlier than I thought he would

From the 2 spotRivers (7)Schaub (15)Foster (1)Richardson (2)Tate (8)Blount (10)M Bush (11)Powell (14)Austin (4)Desean (6)DHB (9)M Williams TB (12)Blackmon (13)Gordon (17)S Hill (19)Gates (3)Witten (5)Watson (20)
Clearly went with the TE strategy - Witten in the 5th is great value. Slight concern about starter depth at WR and RB, but you drafted some good upside, a couple of those guys should emerge.

Just drafted from 1 hole:

QB: Jay Cutler; Matt Schaub; Matt Cassell (plan to play match ups)

RB: Foster (1.01); McGahee; Beanie Wells; Cedric Benson; Alex Green (GB)

WR: Jordy Nelson (2.12); Brandon Marshall (3.01); Mike Wallace (4.12); Dwayne Bowe (5.01); Santana Moss; Steve Smith (STL)

TE: Owen Daniels; Marcedes Lewis; Benjamin Watson

D/ST: Niners; Bears

K: Hartley/Saints

I love this team! Hopefully between my QBBC and TEs, I can get top 10 production. Brees fell to my 2nd/3rd picks and I debated long before going with the 2 WRs. I am just very high on Cutler and the schedule the Bears have this year.

Your WR's are definitely the strongest part of your team as you should be able to get good production out of your top 4 (with Bowe being boom or bust many weeks). Your RB's are decent but youll need one of McGahee or Beanie to hold off their capable backups (its likely Hillman and Williams will get more of the receptions). TE's are weak for this format although Daniels/Schaub had a very strong connection a couple of years ago. At QB, youll likely be middle of the pack which is probably fine as I suspect you got your QB's late. Overall, a good team and if you hit the GB RB lottery right and have a productive Beanie will be a league contender.

Just drafted from 1 hole:QB: Jay Cutler; Matt Schaub; Matt Cassell (plan to play match ups)RB: Foster (1.01); McGahee; Beanie Wells; Cedric Benson; Alex Green (GB)WR: Jordy Nelson (2.12); Brandon Marshall (3.01); Mike Wallace (4.12); Dwayne Bowe (5.01); Santana Moss; Steve Smith (STL)TE: Owen Daniels; Marcedes Lewis; Benjamin WatsonD/ST: Niners; BearsK: Hartley/SaintsI love this team! Hopefully between my QBBC and TEs, I can get top 10 production. Brees fell to my 2nd/3rd picks and I debated long before going with the 2 WRs. I am just very high on Cutler and the schedule the Bears have this year.

just finished. kept missing out on wr targets and gonna hope simpson overtakes harvin in week 4. lol

qb: ryan bradford

rb: mcfadden, murray, bradshaw, felix, scott, ballard

wr: bowe, holmes, rmoss, simpson, sanders, jeffery

te: witten, fdavis, gresham

From the 3 spot:

Philip Rivers (7)

Matt Schaub

Lesean McCoy (1)

Darren Sproles (2)

DeAngelo Williams (9)

Cedric Benson

Dexter McCluster

Brandon Jacobs

Wes Welker (3)

Jordy Nelson (4)

Torrey Smith (6)

Sidney Rice (8)

Nate Washington (10)

Laurent Robinson

Vernon Davis (5)

Coby Fleener

Scott Chandler

Dan Bailey

Nate Kaeding

Packers D/ST

My real final draft from the 4 spot. I dont feel that great about this team but who knows:

QB: Palmer (11), Locker (15). In earlier drafts I was getting either Eli or Rivers in rounds 9, 10 or 11 but a huge run happened in this draft. As long as Locker is the starter in Ten I should be fine here.

RB: McCoy (1), Sproles (2), Greene (6), Bush (9), Scott (13), McKnight (18).. Three solid starters here with potential in Bush and Scott.

WR: Green (3), Smith (4), Young (8), Cobb (10), Brown (12), Baldwin (16), Royal (20)... Pretty confident Ill get 3-4 starters out of this group

TE: Pettigrew (5), Celek (7), Housler (14)... May have a tough time choosing b/t Pettigrew and Celek each week or if both break out can use both

D: Lions

was in your draft dan, i'd have been better off not doing a 2nd one today. had the 12th pick.

i like most of your wrs except young.

i'm ok with setting off that qb run. going all in with the gmen in this one.

pick 5

rg3 flacco ponder

forte sjax jstew r.brown dthomas powell

ss bowe st.johnson dmoore cobb simpson

graham celek rudolph

Users who are viewing this thread