What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

.. (1 Viewer)

Are there any rules in place that would prohibit 12 owners signed up for a FBGPC league from meeting up in-person to draft?Assuming not, can any accommodations be made to create a new league with a requested date/time for the draft when the owners could agree to meet (and allow for that league to have some kind of signup restriction or notice that it is intended only for people who would plan to draft in person)? I seem to remember that last year there was a draft-a-thon for FBGPC that weekend anyway ...I would love to create a Vegas-draft experience at the FBGPC mid-stakes level. I'd wager that quite a few leagues of this type could be filled especially given the proximity of the holiday weekend to the FFPC main events and NFL kickoff this year.
For 2012, all Footballguys Players Championship drafts will be held online, on the custom RTSports league hosting platform and must be organized, overseen and facilitated by us.

'Anonymous Internet User said:
Are there any rules in place that would prohibit 12 owners signed up for a FBGPC league from meeting up in-person to draft?Assuming not, can any accommodations be made to create a new league with a requested date/time for the draft when the owners could agree to meet (and allow for that league to have some kind of signup restriction or notice that it is intended only for people who would plan to draft in person)? I seem to remember that last year there was a draft-a-thon for FBGPC that weekend anyway ...I would love to create a Vegas-draft experience at the FBGPC mid-stakes level. I'd wager that quite a few leagues of this type could be filled especially given the proximity of the holiday weekend to the FFPC main events and NFL kickoff this year.
For 2012, all Footballguys Players Championship drafts will be held online, on the custom RTSports league hosting platform and must be organized, overseen and facilitated by us.
Thanks for the reply Alex, I enjoyed your commentary on the RvB broadcast tonight.But what prevents 12 people from drafting together, on the RTSports platform, while at the same location?
Ok, I see what you're asking here. We have not had this type of a request to date but as I am thinking about it, holding aside a specific draft for 12 people to join is probably not something we will accommodate. It's also not something we will stop you from doing either. So if you want to get 12 players to signup for the same draft, that you can certainly do. How and where you draft is obviously up to you. The reason why we cannot be more accommodating is perception of wrong doing. We need to be very careful here. Because this is a contest format with big money on the line, all leagues need to be offered in a random fashion, open to the public. Allowing formation of private leagues is not a road we want to go on. On the other hand, we WILL offer to hold private leagues in the FFPC so if that's something you are interested in, you are welcome to email me: alex@myffpc.comAnd thanks for the compliment on the radio show. That was a lot of fun. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread