What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question about FBGPC payout structure (1 Viewer)

Yolkix

Footballguy
I am very interested in potentially joining the FBGPC and when reading over the rules came across something I have a question about. I see that the overall payouts are guaranteed be to made at the set amounts listed, which is awesome. My question is though, there comes a number of people were the payout percentage as a whole could be a pretty pedestrian percentage. Is the contest payout adjusted based on the number of people that sign up or are they simply locked into those amounts? I realize some people may think this is a nitpicky type question but the only reason I ask is mostly just out of principle, it is my opinion that anything under about an 80% overall payout is too low for any online contest. I mean hell, even at 80% pay out times say only 3k ppl football guys would net over $200k. If the contest were to reach say 5k people and the payout structure stayed what it is, the percentage would not be very appropriate in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very interested in potentially joining the FBGPC and when reading over the rules came across something I have a question about. I see that the overall payouts are guaranteed be to made at the set amounts listed, which is awesome. My question is though, there comes a number of people were the payout percentage as a whole could be a pretty pedestrian percentage. Is the contest payout adjusted based on the number of people that sign up or are they simply locked into those amounts? I realize some people may think this is a nitpicky type question but the only reason I ask is mostly just out of principle, it is my opinion that anything under about an 80% overall payout is too low for any online contest. I mean hell, even at 80% pay out times say only 3k ppl football guys would net over $200k. If the contest were to reach say 5k people and the payout structure stayed what it is, the percentage would not be very appropriate in my opinion.
Thanks for the question. According to federal law, we cannot officially link prize structure with number of entries. The 2012 Footballguys Players Championship was structured assuming a large 20% growth rate over 2011. We naturally assume the risk should we fall short of those numbers. We have structured the FPC in a way that allows us to pay maximum prize percentage while covering the enormous time, effort and substantial costs that are involved to operate the contest as well as allow for a fair profit.95% of the contests have failed and continue to fail in the fantasy football industry, so while some may begrudge profits for their benefit over the short-term, we plan to be here for a long time.

hey dave,

thanks for answering on the forums. i'm a bit confused by the federal law as the last 2 years have seen a bump in prize structure once entries made it feasible for you guys. just curious if the $ bump is not possible now?

hey dave,thanks for answering on the forums. i'm a bit confused by the federal law as the last 2 years have seen a bump in prize structure once entries made it feasible for you guys. just curious if the $ bump is not possible now?
Excellent question

hey dave,thanks for answering on the forums. i'm a bit confused by the federal law as the last 2 years have seen a bump in prize structure once entries made it feasible for you guys. just curious if the $ bump is not possible now?
Excellent question
It's possible. We can add prizes at our discretion anytime we want but the prize structure cannot be directly tied to number of teams. That's the way the federal government wrote it up so we will do our best to abide.

Thanks for the response guys. I understand that the contest is very reputable and have heard the horror stories from a few others (can't remember the name but know one walked away with the entire prize pool or something like that). I was looking over at the NFFC though and noticed that they made the statement "The grand prize is guaranteed at $100,000. The first 1,596 teams that enter are guaranteed spots in the NFFC Online Championship and any additional revenue above that total up to a maximum of 3,600 teams will be reimbursed under the same percentages to the overall prize pools.". This seemed pretty fair and also general enough to abide by any federal law.

Users who are viewing this thread