What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 8 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Here is the league draft site for League 8 . . .

League 8.

Password for all teams is anarchy8.

THERE WILL BE AN 8 HOUR CLOCK . . . miss your pick and you get the highest ranked remaining player based on ADP. The draft is currently OFF until the other leagues finish drafting.

Here is the randomly generated draft order . . .

1 Saint

2 packseasontix

3 Dork Matter

4 Maggot Brain

5 Instinctive

6 ItsOnlytTheRiver

7 Brown Juice

8 NeonDeion21

9 bro1ncos

10 banemouth

11 gebz306

12 Go DC Yourself

13 Penguin

14 Packers4ever

15 ummich10

16 Jestefarean

Please check in here and log into the league site. I will let everyone know when the draft will start . . . most likely the beginning of next week (again, if the other leagues can wrap things up).

Any reason why we haven't begun drafting?
Yes. Not all participants have acknowledged the league is starting and ready to go, so starting a draft with 2 people missing in a league with a timer won't work. Since they have yet to check in, it seems rather unfair to stick them with auto picks out of the gate. If they don't ever show up, no one else will want to finish up for them and we'd have 2 auto pick teams. If I don't hear back from them by tomorrow, I will swap them out for someone else. (They have not been to the league site or to this thread at all yet.)

Saint has made his 1.01 pick. I didn't get an emailed draft update when it happened. I got such emails in League 5. Anyone have suggestions about how i can get the emails set up?

Thanks.

Helpful hint from the MBSL threads that should work for anarchists as well:

I suggest that everyone set up the text notification. With the notification setup, you will get a text and know to check the site.Click on your team name.Go to SETUP, listed below the main headings. Select the option for WIRELESS.Put in your number, you carrier and select what you want notifications for.It will then send you a test text. Enter the number from the message and you are all set up.Peace

The emails can be delayed quite a bit at times, it's good to periodically check in at the site
It's also good to look at the draft report when you pick, so that if you are picking right near a turn, and the team or teams after you have pre-drafted, you stick around to make your next pick.It is time to turn the clock on now, correct?

Penguin wrote:

Took a chance here that we can get points for both Sanchez & Tebow Passing/Rushing in the same game (Comments Added Sat Aug 18 2:27:02 p.m. ET 2012)
Pretty sure this isn't the case, but maybe Yudkin can confirm.

Penguin wrote:

Took a chance here that we can get points for both Sanchez & Tebow Passing/Rushing in the same game (Comments Added Sat Aug 18 2:27:02 p.m. ET 2012)
Pretty sure this isn't the case, but maybe Yudkin can confirm.
MFL has told me that only plays where Tebow lines up as a QB will fantasy points be credited as TMQB points. So if Sanchez was in the game at QB and Tebow got a handoff and scored, based on what they told me, those points would not be TMQB points.It looks like the Jets are bringing in Tebow to run the wildcat at the goal line, and with Sanchez most likely not in the game I would guess in those situations Tebow will count as a QB.

Is there anything more frustrating than seeing a guy on the clock for 7 hours... Then you see he was logged in 6 minutes ago and didnt make a pick. Come on gebz.

'Instinctive said:
I stopped getting emails for some reason - can the Starks pick be changed to Dennis Pitta, TE BAL please?
Nothing changed for your team settings. You are still configued to get emails on draft picks. maybe they are getting sent to your junk folder now?

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

The Rams Defense is still available. I checked and saw that Dreadful Dreads has one defense, five RBs, and 6 WRs. He should have the Rams swapped in for the latest of his two flex picks.

Thanks.

Barring an act of god, intervention by the Pope, and new legislation in Congress, It's Only The River is going to take this league. Good job.

Barring an act of god, intervention by the Pope, and new legislation in Congress, It's Only The River is going to take this league. Good job.
Come on David?? I am only 312+ pts behind. :lmao: :excited: Nice season by It's only the River, he made up for his lack of quality QB play most weeks with 2 stud RB and having Brandon LaFell's 139pts be the lowest total out of 5 WR and 3 TE. Congrats.

Come on David?? I am only 312+ pts behind. :lmao: :excited: Nice season by It's only the River, he made up for his lack of quality QB play most weeks with 2 stud RB and having Brandon LaFell's 139pts be the lowest total out of 5 WR and 3 TE. Congrats.
Thanks, guys. I ended up doing 3 of these this season and this one was by far my best (And perhaps not coincidentally my last of the three). I drafted my QBs with my last two picks. I think this helped my percentages of hitting on the RB/WR/TEs I drafted, and of course it was nice that mostly all of them hit, and that the 2 rookie QBs had some nice games this year.

Users who are viewing this thread