What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Footballguys FanDuel Championship (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
I will use this thread to answer questions about this event.

Contest Link - http://partners.fand...tag=a_1305b_369

New sign ups link - http://partners.fand...tag=a_1305b_357

Here is the skinny regarding the tournament:

If you are in the FanDuel system with a FBG identifier, you can play in this tournament. It's a private tournament where only people with the FBG designator can even see the tournament. The tournament will run for 15 weeks. Each week it will pay out $2,000 in prizes and give two entries into the Week 16 Final. In week 16, 30 weekly winners will compete for $45,000 in prizes (including a $15,000 top prize).

You can get the FBG designator in these ways:

1. You signed up to FanDuel via the new signup link above (free or pay). If you deposited $25 into FanDuel, you also received a free FBG subscrription

2. You played in the FBG freerolls last year and never deposited money

3. You are a FBG, but deposited money some other method to FanDuel and request to be have the FBG designator added (email cameron@fanduel.com)

The easiest way to know if you have the FBG designator is to log in to FanDuel and click this link:

http://partners.fand...tag=a_1305b_369

If you see the tournament, you have the identifier. If you do not, you will need to email Cameron to have it added.

The first two weeks of this tournament are a FREEROLL. This is open to the first 2500 eligible people. The $2,000 worth of weekly prizes + two seats (each valued at $1,500 each) can be won in these free weeks. Weeks 3 through 15 will be capped contests ranging from $1 to $25 buy ins.

Weekly prize pool:

1st - 2nd: $1500 FBG Final Ticket

3rd - $500.00

4th - $250.00

5th - $175.00

6th - $125.00

7th - $100.00

8th to 11th - $75.00

12th to 22nd - $50.00

Some more info:

[*]You must be have signed up for FanDuel via Footballguys to access/play in the contests.

[*]Users must log in first before they will be able to view the contest. Once logged in they can either access the contest using the link or via the lobby at FanDuel

[*]New users must still sign up via the normal path to ensure they are tracked correctly and still qualify for the subscription.

[*]The landing page has been updated with information on the FBGFC

[*]The contest link will always stay the same we will update the destination on our end

Last edited by a moderator:
and the Week 16 Final Prizes for the 30 that have entries:

1st - $15,000 + Trophy

2nd - $5,000

3rd - $3,500

4th - $2,500

5th - $2,000

6th - $1,600

7th - $1,300

8th - $1,100

9th - $1,000

10th - $900

11th - $800

12th - $700

13th to 18th - $600

19th to 30th - $500

I played in the Footballguys contests last year, but it says I am not eligible. I can't make a deposit because of the state I live in (I hate Iowa :wall: ). I sent an e-mail so we will see what happens I guess.

Got the following e-mail in response to my request to be added:

Sorry Jason. I can't change your account to a FBG account as users from Iowa are not allowed to win cash in contests either so you aren't eligible to play. We hope that the legal situation is resolved in Iowa soon as we would love to have you playing at FanDuel.Thanks, Cameron
:wall: :rant:

The first two weeks of this tournament are a FREEROLL. This is open to the first 2500 eligible people. The $2,000 worth of weekly prizes + two seats (each valued at $1,500 each) can be won in these free weeks. Weeks 3 through 15 will be capped contests ranging from $1 to $25 buy ins.
David... can you explain the bolded a little more? In the "tournament" there are multiple contests each week ranging from $1 to $25 buy ins. The freeroll weeks figure to have the top two scores get the first two seats, I suppose. For the other weeks with multiple games going on, how do you determine who gets the "two seats" for the finale? If there are 10 contests (some could be $5 entry, some $2 entry, etc) running separately in the tournament for a week, is it the two top scores over all combined in all contests who get the two seats for that particular week? So it's possible to win the weekly contest you enter and not actually win one of the two seats for the finale. Is that correct?

Or do the players in the $25 buy in contests have a better shot at the two seats than those playing in the $1 contests for the week? Sorry for my confusion.

Got added via email as well. I have deposited $100 or so last year into Fanduel. I love these weekly contests

quick question I'll ask here as well as email FanDuel....

last year I got into the Freerolls and ended up winning about $40....I never deposited any money....I went back in this year and it shows that I have $0 in my account....

did this happen to anybody else....?

eta: disregard....looks like I missed the part of them being able to take back the money I won after 30 days or something if I didn't use any of it to play in other games...

quick question I'll ask here as well as email FanDuel....last year I got into the Freerolls and ended up winning about $40....I never deposited any money....I went back in this year and it shows that I have $0 in my account....did this happen to anybody else....?eta: disregard....looks like I missed the part of them being able to take back the money I won after 30 days or something if I didn't use any of it to play in other games...
that doesnt seem right. i'd give them a call

David... can you explain the bolded a little more? In the "tournament" there are multiple contests each week ranging from $1 to $25 buy ins. The freeroll weeks figure to have the top two scores get the first two seats, I suppose. For the other weeks with multiple games going on, how do you determine who gets the "two seats" for the finale? If there are 10 contests (some could be $5 entry, some $2 entry, etc) running separately in the tournament for a week, is it the two top scores over all combined in all contests who get the two seats for that particular week? So it's possible to win the weekly contest you enter and not actually win one of the two seats for the finale. Is that correct?

Or do the players in the $25 buy in contests have a better shot at the two seats than those playing in the $1 contests for the week? Sorry for my confusion.
Each week there is just one contest to win entries. The first two weeks are freerolls capped at 2500 players. Week 3 will cost $25 and be capped at 222 players. Week 4 is expected to cost $10 and be capped at 555 players. Each week will be a different contest with varying entry fees. The same 22 spots will be paid each week regardless of the buy-in. The top two spots each week are the entries into the Week 16 event.

Sorry Jason. I can't change your account to a FBG account as users from Iowa are not allowed to win cash in contests either so you aren't eligible to play. We hope that the legal situation is resolved in Iowa soon as we would love to have you playing at FanDuel.Thanks, Cameron
Would you like to rent a room at my house and become a PA resident?

How long did it take to get a reply back? I've been waiting hours.

Will the contest still run if we do not get 2500 entries? As of now it's like 750, was just curious if it will still run since it is a free entry contest. Thanks again

Will the contest still run if we do not get 2500 entries? As of now it's like 750, was just curious if it will still run since it is a free entry contest. Thanks again
yeah seems like we need more people to enter
2500-2800 is the max. ive never heard of a freeroll being canceled before. we are at 800 now, it looks like we will have 1000+. they won't cancel a game with 1k mostly new players in it.

I tried to enter this contest but it says I am not eligable. Is this for first time FanDuel users only? I entered this FBG Freeroll last year also.

Pumped, I checked a few days ago and would not let me access it despite being in it the previous year.

Checked just now and my entry is in.

I will use this thread to answer questions about this event.

Contest Link - http://partners.fand...tag=a_1305b_369

New sign ups link - http://partners.fand...tag=a_1305b_357

Here is the skinny regarding the tournament:

If you are in the FanDuel system with a FBG identifier, you can play in this tournament. It's a private tournament where only people with the FBG designator can even see the tournament. The tournament will run for 15 weeks. Each week it will pay out $2,000 in prizes and give two entries into the Week 16 Final. In week 16, 30 weekly winners will compete for $45,000 in prizes (including a $15,000 top prize).

You can get the FBG designator in these ways:

1. You signed up to FanDuel via the new signup link above (free or pay). If you deposited $25 into FanDuel, you also received a free FBG subscrription

2. You played in the FBG freerolls last year and never deposited money

3. You are a FBG, but deposited money some other method to FanDuel and request to be have the FBG designator added (email cameron@fanduel.com)

The easiest way to know if you have the FBG designator is to log in to FanDuel and click this link:

http://partners.fand...tag=a_1305b_369

If you see the tournament, you have the identifier. If you do not, you will need to email Cameron to have it added.

Weekly prize pool:

1st - 2nd: $1500 FBG Final Ticket

3rd - $500.00

4th - $250.00

5th - $175.00

6th - $125.00

7th - $100.00

8th to 11th - $75.00

12th to 22nd - $50.00

Some more info:

[*]You must be have signed up for FanDuel via Footballguys to access/play in the contests.

[*]Users must log in first before they will be able to view the contest. Once logged in they can either access the contest using the link or via the lobby at FanDuel

[*]New users must still sign up via the normal path to ensure they are tracked correctly and still qualify for the subscription.

[*]The landing page has been updated with information on the FBGFC

[*]The contest link will always stay the same we will update the destination on our end
:bag: David, what about those of us subscribers late to the party?

Really disappointed with the Cap on entries. I am new to FanDuel this year, signing up via the FBG link. I had checked for contest early in week, and it wasn't out yet, just got to it again today and it is full.

Really disappointed with the Cap on entries. I am new to FanDuel this year, signing up via the FBG link. I had checked for contest early in week, and it wasn't out yet, just got to it again today and it is full.
I put in a team back in August when David first posted about it, so, yeah, it was up early in the week.

kinda sucks its full....i know all the come earlier stuff, but it would be nice if the fanduel/fbg subscribers got in no matter what....how many of us are there now anyway.... :banned:

kinda sucks its full....i know all the come earlier stuff, but it would be nice if the fanduel/fbg subscribers got in no matter what....how many of us are there now anyway.... :banned:
Well, there were over 13,300 entries in the Subscriber contest, so there's your baseline.

Looks like it was a waste of time to sign up. These type of contests should not have limited entries. Too bad, looks like I'll just take me deposit back and stick with Draft Zone..

I CANT BELIEVE I SINED UP FOR FANDULE AND GOT A FREE FBG SUBSCRIPTION BUT ALSO I WANT TO PLAY IN WEEK ONE OF THIS ANCILLARY CONTEST THATS BEEN OPEN FOR WEEKS AND I NEVER ENTERED AND NOW I CANT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK

Users who are viewing this thread