What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Survivior-Anarchy General Comments Thread..... (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
with just the MBSL's left and a few Anarchy's to finish up....sifting through the carnage...

The years put in by Gronk and Graham really seemed to fuel the fire for TE's to go even earlier. Saw some teams almost get completely left behind at the position. I am interested in watching these teams more than the ones who loaded up or just kind of half way joined the party.

Seeing things like Richardson and Mathews makes me personally feel better about not going RB early in these. I know any player can get hurt on any play and Gronk or some WR could get dinged just like any RB, but....just sayin.

Even though neither made it on to any of my teams I think Wayne and Collie were undervalued.

Manning may have fallen too far in these. I think Vick for sure did. Some people may regret not taking him when they could have. And Bradford sure seems to have pissed people off.

JAC got very little love in these and I am wondering if we all are really underestimating the points that might be available there. It has to get better, right?. Blackmon, Robinson, Evans, Lewis (TE). Any improvement at QB whether that is Henne or Gabbert in his second year would seem to indicate there will be at least some points there. Blackmon and Robinson seemed to go really late. I actually like the situtaion better there than in MIA.

Mendenhal got way more love than I thought he would.

Some key spots that were hard to judge and you almost had to take a stand on one way or the other:

WR2 in HOU

QB1 in AZ

2nd WR stat wise in BUF

RB's in CAR

JAC passing game

Charles/Hillis split

Redman/Starks

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think any drafts that were still going as of tonight might get skewed by a late bonus pick of Cedric Benson GB RB.

It will be interesting to see how many of those teams end near or at the top of their leagues assuming that Benson grabs the job from Starks...

Leagues 1, 3, 4 and 6 all had him picked.

Leagues 5 and 7 don't have him rostered yet, but have RB spots available, so he could still be picked in those.

Ironically, the 'League of Champions' #2 did not have anyone take a flyer on Benson. So they could end up being the only league without him. Albeit, their draft moved along nicely and was completed way before this news broke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked to end the draft in League 5 and purposely did not pick Benson, as that would have been unfair to everyone else in the league.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but a couple comments:

I noticed some of your comments next to draft picks you had to make for people in league 6, David. Those guys have been AWOL since about the beginning of the draft. I don't think anyone would complain if you just started picking for the guys who are averaging over 4 hours a pick like the guy who is on the clock right now - mquinn.

Perhaps I'm not thinking of something - buy why not just let us draft team kickers like we do quarterbacks? I really don't follow kickers at all so I just go by the ADP, but there seems to be quite a few teams entrenched in kicker battles. Wouldn't it just be easier if we didn't have to worry about this?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but a couple comments:I noticed some of your comments next to draft picks you had to make for people in league 6, David. Those guys have been AWOL since about the beginning of the draft. I don't think anyone would complain if you just started picking for the guys who are averaging over 4 hours a pick like the guy who is on the clock right now - mquinn.Perhaps I'm not thinking of something - buy why not just let us draft team kickers like we do quarterbacks? I really don't follow kickers at all so I just go by the ADP, but there seems to be quite a few teams entrenched in kicker battles. Wouldn't it just be easier if we didn't have to worry about this?
The reason I went with TMQB is that teams would not have to pick back up QBs and risk having their season pretty much over if they lost a QB. Plus, other owners could snipe a back up and that would create pandemonium and chaos in terms of fairness and unfairnesses.PK are different, as they hardly ever get hurt (they do once in a while). If fantasy owners are struggling to find a PK, then they should have drafted one sooner. That's party of the strategy of the league. If owners took their kickers a round or two ago, they wouldn't be in that situation. All you need to do for getting the current intel on kickers is look at Mike Herman's FBG rankings on kickers. That's ll he does is evaluate and rank kickers. Or you just look at the FBG depth chart listings for each team to see who the current kickers are. I don't think it is asking all that much for people to take 5 minutes to look at a list of kickers with jobs.I personally don't follow kickers either . . . or who the 100th WR is, 35th TE is, or 75 RB is. That's also kind of the point: to get people more knowledgable about folks before the top third of the league. It gets me better prepared for other drafts, as I have a deeper knowledge of what is going on throughout the NFL.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but a couple comments:I noticed some of your comments next to draft picks you had to make for people in league 6, David. Those guys have been AWOL since about the beginning of the draft. I don't think anyone would complain if you just started picking for the guys who are averaging over 4 hours a pick like the guy who is on the clock right now - mquinn.Perhaps I'm not thinking of something - buy why not just let us draft team kickers like we do quarterbacks? I really don't follow kickers at all so I just go by the ADP, but there seems to be quite a few teams entrenched in kicker battles. Wouldn't it just be easier if we didn't have to worry about this?
The reason I went with TMQB is that teams would not have to pick back up QBs and risk having their season pretty much over if they lost a QB. Plus, other owners could snipe a back up and that would create pandemonium and chaos in terms of fairness and unfairnesses.PK are different, as they hardly ever get hurt (they do once in a while). If fantasy owners are struggling to find a PK, then they should have drafted one sooner. That's party of the strategy of the league. If owners took their kickers a round or two ago, they wouldn't be in that situation. All you need to do for getting the current intel on kickers is look at Mike Herman's FBG rankings on kickers. That's ll he does is evaluate and rank kickers. Or you just look at the FBG depth chart listings for each team to see who the current kickers are. I don't think it is asking all that much for people to take 5 minutes to look at a list of kickers with jobs.I personally don't follow kickers either . . . or who the 100th WR is, 35th TE is, or 75 RB is. That's also kind of the point: to get people more knowledgable about folks before the top third of the league. It gets me better prepared for other drafts, as I have a deeper knowledge of what is going on throughout the NFL.
Fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread