What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami Dolphins release Chad Johnson (1 Viewer)

Who cares? It is not like he was going to be a FF factor or a Miami team factor this season.

Other than Dancing the the stars Chad has really not been relevant for a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Million Dollar Headbutt

In June, the Dolphins took a chance on receiver Chad Johnson. In the end, that chance cost them nothing.Johnson signed a one-year, $925,000 contract after he was cut by the Patriots. But since none of it was guaranteed, Johnson won’t receive a dime.Yeah, he got his per diem during training camp, but that’s money that would have gone to anyone on the roster, regardless of tenure or draft status or name recognition or value to the franchise.

The Million Dollar Headbutt

In June, the Dolphins took a chance on receiver Chad Johnson. In the end, that chance cost them nothing.Johnson signed a one-year, $925,000 contract after he was cut by the Patriots. But since none of it was guaranteed, Johnson won’t receive a dime.Yeah, he got his per diem during training camp, but that’s money that would have gone to anyone on the roster, regardless of tenure or draft status or name recognition or value to the franchise.
The NFL does things right.

I have never seen a more over-rated player in FF ever. Every year, even during his so called prime, some sucker would draft this guy to be his WR1 or WR2. And then he would have to spend the entire year trying to find the one game he would explode while being average to bad in all other games. Even this year, after he had <20 catches playing the Pats with Brady throwing him the ball, there were people drafting him in the 15th round or so in the FFPC....

Should be a good episode watching the execs/coaches and hearing them chatter leading up to the release.

I have never seen a more over-rated player in FF ever. Every year, even during his so called prime, some sucker would draft this guy to be his WR1 or WR2. And then he would have to spend the entire year trying to find the one game he would explode while being average to bad in all other games. Even this year, after he had <20 catches playing the Pats with Brady throwing him the ball, there were people drafting him in the 15th round or so in the FFPC....
He had six very, very good years in a row: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCh01.htmNot exactly "a decade" of greatness or however he phrased it on the show last week.

He had seven 1,000+ yard seasons.That's a great career.

He had six very, very good years in a row: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCh01.htmNot exactly "a decade" of greatness or however he phrased it on the show last week.
Yes, 6 very, very good years and I really got sick of people spouting BS like above. Chad helped me win championships in two of the years I had him and I NEVER spent a year trying to find the "one game" he would explode. That's BS.He was a lock and load starter. Sure he had some really big games and a few stinkers as well. Show me a WR that doesnt.

In that 6 year run he put up over 8,000 yards, had 531 catches, and scored 48 TDs. You don't put up numbers like that from "one big game" a year.

He still wasn't a reliable ff option. Owned him in a dynasty. He would blow up 1 out of 6 or 7 games. Other than that he wasn't much. Was happy to trade him for Roddy 4 years ago.

Yes, 6 very, very good years and I really got sick of people spouting BS like above. Chad helped me win championships in two of the years I had him and I NEVER spent a year trying to find the "one game" he would explode. That's BS.He was a lock and load starter. Sure he had some really big games and a few stinkers as well. Show me a WR that doesnt.

In that 6 year run he put up over 8,000 yards, had 531 catches, and scored 48 TDs. You don't put up numbers like that from "one big game" a year.
It's not BS.

That and he was a fun guy all along. Never did anything except try to have some fun along the way. The hate for Chad is way over the top. I enjoyed his career and feel bad it ended the way it did...I think he deserved better.

He still wasn't a reliable ff option. Owned him in a dynasty. He would blow up 1 out of 6 or 7 games. Other than that he wasn't much. Was happy to trade him for Roddy 4 years ago.
I had him in one league early in his career and he was one of my most reliable players for years. The streaky thing was overblown. Bottom line is that you don't get to 11,000 receiving yards unless you are a great player. Chad was one of the best receivers of his era.

That and he was a fun guy all along. Never did anything except try to have some fun along the way. The hate for Chad is way over the top. I enjoyed his career and feel bad it ended the way it did...I think he deserved better.
If he had retired after last years' debacle in NE it would have ended better. Wish I could remember which radio dope said Chad would be the #1 WR for MIA. :loco:

Wasnt much other than once every 6 or 7 games? Wasnt a reliable FF option.Complete BS. Check the game logs.

It's not BS.
It is. Again, check the game logs and get back to me.

The guy wasnt without his faults but overall had a great career, was fun, and was good for football IMO.It should have ended better but he did it to himself. Women will get you every time if you let em. Chad chose poorly with this one. He should have known better.

Quick scan through the game logs:

2002 - 3 bad games out of 16

2003 - 3 bad games out of 16

2004 - 4 bad games out of 16

2005 - 2 bad games out of 16

I think he was a little less consistent in the following years, but I'm not going to waste any more time on this.

There isn't a WR in football who scores big every week. Even the best have a couple dud games every year.

Chad was a great player for a long time. People might not like his personality, but his track record is beyond reproach.

On the brightside, the guy you have been pimpin over the summer, Clyde Gates, might make the team.

Gates has the most physical ability of any WR on the roster and it's not even close.

I'm curious to see if he can get healthy and do anything.

Wrong thread though.

:goodposting: The guy was too stupid to pick up the Patriots offense, and still couldn't do enough to produce anything despite playing with one of the best quarterbacks ever, yet people were thinking he was gonna be good with Matt Moore slinging him the ball. It was cracking me up, too.

Now I know you can't define someone by the editing of a reality show, but they sure didn't make him look like the most intelligent guy on Hard Knocks. I love his energy but he just seems like a moron. I guess Reggie Bush gets a room to himself now.

Because all a rebuild team that's been burned by 2 drama queens at WR needs is an even less talented one that can't separate at all & has zero familiarity with the offense/QB's. Burress can't separate anymore at all.

Miami just as well should go with more Bush/Miller at WR, Bess, Taco Wallace, Gates, Hartline. It's a complete rebuild year, maybe in this competition they find themselves a WR piece for the future. Just see so little reason to bring in a WR that's done vs. going with a hungry young WR.

Making a run at Mike Wallace/Dwayne Bowe/James Jones would make more sense than wasting time with Burress. (If they made a move) My opinion is stand pat with what you have. Their will be guys waived at final cuts that have more left (and less baggage) than Burress.

Because all a rebuild team that's been burned by 2 drama queens at WR needs is an even less talented one that can't separate at all & has zero familiarity with the offense/QB's. Burress can't separate anymore at all.

Miami just as well should go with more Bush/Miller at WR, Bess, Taco Wallace, Gates, Hartline. It's a complete rebuild year, maybe in this competition they find themselves a WR piece for the future. Just see so little reason to bring in a WR that's done vs. going with a hungry young WR.

Making a run at Mike Wallace/Dwayne Bowe/James Jones would make more sense than wasting time with Burress. (If they made a move) My opinion is stand pat with what you have. Their will be guys waived at final cuts that have more left (and less baggage) than Burress.
Burress is still tall, can jump and has a good eye for the ball when it's in the air. He could be a pretty good threat all depending on how much he's lost this past year physically. I'm talking 2nd or 3rd option on the team - but maybe 1st or 2nd option in the red zone.

As far as your point about Miami not needing an aging WR - you may be right. I'm not sure he'd really change the team. I do, however, think he could still help a team, even Miami, if they choose to pick him up.

*Edited to add*

Poor Chad.

Plax would make an immediate impact in the red zone. Even if he was told he would be a WR3, and then always in packages inside the 20, Plax would be happy. He played well for the Jets last year, lives or has a home down here in Miami(who doesn't).

'Hoss Style said:
'D said:

Burress is still tall, can jump and has a good eye for the ball when it's in the air. He could be a pretty good threat all depending on how much he's lost this past year physically. I'm talking 2nd or 3rd option on the team - but maybe 1st or 2nd option in the red zone.

As far as your point about Miami not needing an aging WR - you may be right. I'm not sure he'd really change the team. I do, however, think he could still help a team, even Miami, if they choose to pick him up.

*Edited to add*

Poor Chad.
Yes, plus when you make a run at Wallace/Jones (lol)/Bowe, the cost is so much greater than if you just sign Burress...Burress will likey go for a 1 year, $1 million contract. Bowe or Wallace? You not only have to give up a draft pick for them, but they will not report unless they have a new contract in hand (guessing around $20+ million guaranteed). That is like committing to Tom Brady versus Luke McCown...yet the chasm in talent between the WRs mentioned is nowhere near of what is it between the QBs I just mentioned.

Plax would make an immediate impact in the red zone. Even if he was told he would be a WR3, and then always in packages inside the 20, Plax would be happy. He played well for the Jets last year, lives or has a home down here in Miami(who doesn't).
Not really. He had one huge game and minimum production the rest of the way. The only reason he had any production at all was he was forcefed the ball some weeks, either to keep him happy or because they really had no one else (probably a little of both). Burress was unable to get any seperation at all from defensive backs and was hardly ever open. In his defense he was big and strong enough to haul in some balls even when draped with coverage.He's a big mouthed idiot that no longer has the skill necessary to demand targets - there's a reason no one has signed him yet. For a team like Miami, it would be a big mistake to waster their time and money on him. They'd be much better off sorting out ther young "talent".

Users who are viewing this thread