What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Anarchy League 9 (2 Viewers)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Since I like more torture, we move on to Anarchy League 9.

Here is the League 9 Site.

The password for all teams is anarchy9.

All owners should log in to the league site and check in here.

This time around there will be an 8 hour timer. If you miss a pick, you will get the highest ranked player based on ADP (provided you can roster that player).

I have set the draft to start this coming Friday morning at 8 am Eastern (8/17), but if we can get everyone on board sooner I can start the draft sooner.

Here is the draft order.

1.01 Snellman

1.02 Hard Knockers

1.03 drater

1.04 Donsmith753

1.05 Montana_grizzly_bears

1.06 TheGrimReaper

1.07 jhexel

1.08 WisWolvrns

1.09 Bonfire

1.10 Lord Fantasy

1.11 BroncoFreak_2K3

1.12 Faux Bear

1.13 huntunc

1.14 Hawklets90

1.15 HellToupee

1.16 Frogman

What gets me are the folks that hound me to get into a league . . . and then never show up or disappear for days at a time in the middle of the draft.

In 2nd one and somehow I get stuck with the first pick in both. :confused:
Right there with you, only I'm back at the end of the draft once again. Oh well, its all for fun. I'm just hoping this draft doesn't drag on like my other one did. That Anarchy 4 league draft got to be the pits.thanks for the invite David!

In 2nd one and somehow I get stuck with the first pick in both. :confused:
Right there with you, only I'm back at the end of the draft once again. Oh well, its all for fun. I'm just hoping this draft doesn't drag on like my other one did. That Anarchy 4 league draft got to be the pits.thanks for the invite David!
Do you two want to switch draft spots?
No, that is fine David, I will just take a different route this time. Part of the fun of doing this drafts.Thank you very much for all of the work you put into these.

Will be interesting to see how snellman's, bronco fans, and my team turn out since we all in league 4 together as well. I had pick 8 before which wasn't bad and now have pick 5

Will be interesting to see how snellman's, bronco fans, and my team turn out since we all in league 4 together as well. I had pick 8 before which wasn't bad and now have pick 5
That was the worst thing about having the #1 pick in both leagues. I thought about going in a different direction, but the QBs fly off the board way too fast so I just decided to go with a different QB.

Logged in, setting up pre-draft lists. Thanks for suffering through another one of these for us.
I don't know about you, drater, but I hope I've learned my scoring system lessons.
I thought I had it covered by my Round 1 pre-draft but I didn't anticipate Calvin going two and Foster slipping, so I missed out on Graham. In retrospect, if I wanted Graham, I should have put him #1.Foster is a pretty decent consolation prize in any format I guess..

Having out together a well balanced squad in league 4 I'm trying something different this time.

We'll see how it goes.

Having out together a well balanced squad in league 4 I'm trying something different this time.We'll see how it goes.
There are more strategies and scenarios out there than you could possibly come up with. You could end up in a padded cell if you think too long about these leagues. I believe the one next to me is currently open.

Having out together a well balanced squad in league 4 I'm trying something different this time.We'll see how it goes.
There are more strategies and scenarios out there than you could possibly come up with. You could end up in a padded cell if you think too long about these leagues. I believe the one next to me is currently open.
Just trying some things out. This is my first year doing these leagues so I guess we'll see how it goes.

One thing I have learned being at the top of 2 these is that is really hard to get a good spot in the top TE runs.

Pre-drafted through round 15, I'll be back Monday night. If for some reason the draft speeds up and it gets to there before I get back, if you email me on Monday I should have spotty internet again.

Thanks!

Looks like we might have our first timer victim...

Not sure if the emails work all the time, so with the 8 hr clock, checking the site every 5-6 hours when it's running would be prudent.

TMQB's sure were pounded early in this one... gosh. The relative differences aren't so big after the first rounders went... I would have liked to hold out longer, but heck, even I had my limits of who I'd be willing to take. lol (and Minn still isn't anything special, though Ponder looked good last night and if Webb gets in there, rushing yards a plenty would pile on.) Albeit, if it's anything like last season, one of the last 5 will end up in the top 10 in TMQB scoring!

Any way you cut it though, this second half of the draft will probably be what determines who wins and who loses this thing! Good luck after the turn everyone! (and stop picking my guys! :wall: :P )

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like my team half as much in this league. Oh well...

TMQB:

Green Bay (1.04)

Dallas (2.13)

RB:

Jonathan Stewart (6.13)

Mark Ingram (7.04)

Kendall Hunter (11.04)

Jonathan Dwyer (13.04)

WR:

Hakeem Nicks (3.04)

Dez Bryant (4.13)

Jeremy Maclin (5.04)

Malcom Floyd (8.13)

Jon Baldwin (10.13)

TE:

Dallas Clark (12.13)

DST:

Texans (9.04)

K:

None

It's kinda disrespectful. I have no problem with peoples commitments changing but atleast leave a message so we can replace or put you on auto pick.

It's kinda disrespectful. I have no problem with peoples commitments changing but atleast leave a message so we can replace or put you on auto pick.
Like how you have not checked in in 1 days and 11 hours?The draft is waiting on you and you are being very disrespectful and honestly. After your post above and then dont check in for over a day, you look foolish.

'Phenix said:
Like how you have not checked in in 1 days and 11 hours?The draft is waiting on you and you are being very disrespectful and honestly. After your post above and then dont check in for over a day, you look foolish.
I'm really sorry, I thought I'd auto picked enough guys and didn't realise I was still on the clock. It's the first pick I've even take longer than an hour or so on.

I'm really sorry, I thought I'd auto picked enough guys and didn't realise I was still on the clock. It's the first pick I've even take longer than an hour or so on.
:thumbup: just had to give it back to you, only because of your post. :yes:

:thumbup: just had to give it back to you, only because of your post. :yes:
That's totally fair enough :thumbup:

Excited for the season to start. Not at all loving my team but ready to pretend as if I'm going to dominate. Lord Fantasy shall rule!

This league looks to be the most competitive heading into the playoffs. Here are the players still active . . .

VICTORIOUS SECRET 3168.78

Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB

Redskins, Washington WAS TMQB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

MONTANA GRIZZLY BEARS 3156.32

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB

Starks, James GBP RB

Vereen, Shane NEP RB

Woodhead, Danny NEP RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Allen, Dwayne IND TE

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN DEF

WISWOLVRNS 3152.02

Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Turner, Michael ATL RB

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Falcons, Atlanta ATL DEF

This league looks to be the most competitive heading into the playoffs. Here are the players still active . . .MONTANA GRIZZLY BEARS 3223.88Starks, James GBP RBVereen, Shane NEP RBWoodhead, Danny NEP RBGonzalez, Tony ATL TEWISWOLVRNS 3206.22Turner, Michael ATL RBBoldin, Anquan BAL WRGronkowski, Rob NEP TEFalcons, Atlanta ATL DEFVICTORIOUS SECRET 3205.58Broncos, Denver DEN TMQBLynch, Marshawn SEA RBCrabtree, Michael SFO WR
Updated through Wild Card weekend.

I was hoping Minnesota could have pulled out a win too... but it does look like who makes the superbowl will determine a lot.

Big time routing for Baltimore now though... gotta knock that Den QB playoff scoring out of the contest... else it will be Victorious Secret's I feel... :-)

Looks like a NE/GB super Bowl, a NE/ATL superbowl for Wis, and a DEN/SEA super bowl for Victorious are the routes to winning.
Funny you think the guy at the tail end of this race can pull it off. My luck, Peyton will get bounced and have a bad game. I think Lynch blows up this week and Crabby catches about 6 balls for 63 yards no score.I'm Calling a Wis win followed by Grizz and me a few points behind. I have to admit I'm glad I have something to pull for in divisional playoffs as far as regular season fantasy draft is concerned.Good luck fellas this weekend, but i hope I get better luck. :-)

I agree. Denver has been playing strong D and should handle the Bal O. Manning should then be able to score enough for the win with ease. I figure 17 pts for Den would be more than enough and would not be surprised if they throw up 31. If Baltimore wins it will be due to a bad pick-6 or fumble-6... their D will need to help out...Atlanta still has the big 'haven't won a playoff game' monkey on their back and Seattle is definitely not the team I wanted them to face... Losing Clemons will hurt their D some, but it will force Bruce Irvin to play more which might work even better due to his speed rushes... I am hoping Atlanta dominates, but they have yet to dominate a playoff game in recent history... not to mention Seattle's is on a roll... as much as I don't want it to happen I just have that gut feeling that Atlanta will come out flat, Seattle will get an early 14-17pt lead and the wheels will just fall off Atlanta's offense with them losing 27 to 13... NE is an assumed win with how they manhandled Hou a few weeks back, but playoffs can be a different beast sometimes, but the biggest upset of the weekend would be a Texan win so I don't figure on that.SF vs GB should be a fun game to watch and could go either way and probably will be high scoring. I see 20+ from Crabtree easy in this one, unless Moss resurfaces for some extended playoff action...Big week either way on finding out who of us will have the shot at pulling away in the championship/superbowl games... Great battle all season and now into the playoffs, good luck to you all down the stretch!

Crabtree is lighting it up... I wouldn't count yourself out quite yet since you are going to shoot out ahead before tomorrow. A couple more upsets and it would be over for us real quick... (ie. NE/Atl losing)

Crabtree is lighting it up... I wouldn't count yourself out quite yet since you are going to shoot out ahead before tomorrow. A couple more upsets and it would be over for us real quick... (ie. NE/Atl losing)
I agree a little premature on my part, wasnt trying reverse psychology, just really thought it was over until Crabby did his thing.So yes, if Atlanta loses I still have a shot. If Atl and NE lose, I think I win by default wouldnt I?... as I would have the only people left but Boldin.I love that this is gonna come down to the final weeks, unless Atlanta blows up.

VICTORIOUS SECRET 3263.98

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

MONTANA GRIZZLY BEARS 3223.88

Vereen, Shane NEP RB

Woodhead, Danny NEP RB

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

WISWOLVRNS 3219.32

Turner, Michael ATL RB

Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Falcons, Atlanta ATL DEF

Bolded still alive for next week.