What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (4 Viewers)

Wow...that's just annoying. Go through the trouble of carrying a handcuff all season, and you don't even get a single start out of him (in a fantastic matchup) when Mcfadden hurts.

I'm probably just going to drop Goodson and I'll probably hold Mcfadden for the playoff run (although given his history, I'm not confident he'll be back at all).

Exactly...with Goodson you expected a feature role if RunDMC ever went down.

this is now a committee to completely avoid...maybe Reece in a flex if you're desperate.

Coach Allen said McFadden wanted to return to the game against the Bucs on Sunday. McFadden not ruled out for Ravens game.

FWIW, my bud was on the sideline yesterday (Sideline photographer, so take it with a grain of salt). He said it couldn't be too bad since McFadden jogged by him to and from the tunnel and didn't seem in much pain. He also thought Goodson appeared in worse shape than McFadden after coming out of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiders will wait 2 hear more on McFadden (MRI negative) &amp; Goodson (MRI today) before pursuing running back ... Ryan Grant's agent on line 1
It will be interesting to see if the Raiders pick someone up. That should give a good hint as to the extent of DMC's injury.

I cant talk myself into spending the $ to get Jones or Reece.

Jones is unproven and was questionable this past week. hes an injury waiting to happen.

Reece is a FB who has no carries this year. Yeah, hes caught some passes but sorry I am looking for a little more out of my rb spot.

I think this is a situation to avoid. Palmer is going to throw a ton, but hes going to throw plenty of INTs too. And this garbage posted above talking about DMAC maybe playing this week is just too funny...

So Oak has come out saying they dont trust Jones with ball security. Goodson is also apparently in worse shape than DMC. If im in 1ppr im grabbing Reece and hoping DMC can come back sooner like Oak is hinting at.

After looking at the available backs on my waiver wire, I guess I'll put a claim in for Reece...but I'm not exactly happy about it. I do own him in a few dynasty leagues, but he's more of an emergency play than anything else. I have Lynch as my only healthy back that I'm comfortable starting, although Pierre Thomas may be ok for as long as Sproles is out.

DMC may not be "officially ruled out" for for this week, but I can't see any possible way he actually plays. Thanks a lot Mcfadden and Goodson...we now get to miss out on games against the Ravens and likely the Saints. What a terrible time for these guys to get hurt.

Coach Allen said McFadden wanted to return to the game against the Bucs on Sunday. McFadden not ruled out for Ravens game.
:boxing: :hophead: :thumbup: :popcorn: :excited:
I would hold back on the excitement. That sounds good, but I can't recall anyone coming back from a high ankle sprain in a week...and this is Mcfadden we're talking about. Even if he play by some miracle, I would be concerned about the injury getting worse as a result of it.

I cant talk myself into spending the $ to get Jones or Reece. Jones is unproven and was questionable this past week. hes an injury waiting to happen. Reece is a FB who has no carries this year. Yeah, hes caught some passes but sorry I am looking for a little more out of my rb spot. I think this is a situation to avoid. Palmer is going to throw a ton, but hes going to throw plenty of INTs too. And this garbage posted above talking about DMAC maybe playing this week is just too funny...
Chill man... The fact that the X-Rays and MRI are negative is a positive. I don't think that anyone really believes that he's going to play this week. But, maybe we lucked out and he suffered a low to mid-grade HAS. He could be back in time for the fantasy playoffs...Bramel covered it this morning:http://bramelsecondopinion.com/

Wow. Just wow. It's always good to know you've been wasting a roster spot with a handcuff who would only last 10 minutes once DMC went down.

DMac will be back in exactly 4 weeks. He is not happy with the run block scheme and will take all 4 weeks that players typically need to "heal", no matter if it is serious or not.

https://twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL/status/265569568389476352
:boxing: :hophead: :thumbup: :popcorn: :excited:
I would hold back on the excitement. That sounds good, but I can't recall anyone coming back from a high ankle sprain in a week...and this is Mcfadden we're talking about. Even if he play by some miracle, I would be concerned about the injury getting worse as a result of it.
Doug Baldwin did just this week.

Coach Dennis Allen stated Monday that the Raiders don't trust Taiwan Jones due to ball-security issues.

Jones didn't fumble on 20 preseason touches, so he must be putting the football on the ground in practices. He's also clearly not a trusted pass protector, as Marcel Reece played ahead of Jones in pass-heavy comeback mode in Week 9 against the Bucs. Jones is worth picking up in fantasy leagues, but his workload will be a huge question mark for Week 10. He'll be a dicey flex option.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Traded this slave last week for Alex Green, Torrey Smith, and Kendall Wright (Dynasty). He's never going to be a consistent performer. Even if he goes off coming back from injury, he did nothing extravagant to help your team THIS SEASON.

Fools gold; get your hands on Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster, or Trent Richardson and call it a day.

Traded this slave last week for Alex Green, Torrey Smith, and Kendall Wright (Dynasty). He's never going to be a consistent performer. Even if he goes off coming back from injury, he did nothing extravagant to help your team THIS SEASON.

Fools gold; get your hands on Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster, or Trent Richardson and call it a day.
You know I'm never one to bring up race but what else could you have meant by this? Trying hard to come up with something but nothing fits.

Traded this slave last week for Alex Green, Torrey Smith, and Kendall Wright (Dynasty). He's never going to be a consistent performer. Even if he goes off coming back from injury, he did nothing extravagant to help your team THIS SEASON.Fools gold; get your hands on Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster, or Trent Richardson and call it a day.
Yeah guys, just go pick up a top five rb. It's that simple!

'Insein said:
'Eminence said:

You know I'm never one to bring up race but what else could you have meant by this? Trying hard to come up with something but nothing fits.
:popcorn:

Does Taiwan Jones really have fumble issues? Can Reese run the rock? He's a great Larry Centers type, but is he worth having on your roster, and for how long?

I just traded McFragile as part of a big deal. Thank god. I'm Sooooooooooooooo glad he is off my team.
:subscribe:Any additional info? When should we expect to hear more during the week? Hate the GTD, hoping to avoid that, especially if you have a Thursday night player.

Dmc is one of this years expensive mistakes. Whiffing on a top 15 draft pick like I and others did cancels value picks at rb later in the draft. Only positive is that you know for sure he is giving you nothing this week and foreseable future. He looked so good last year and the preseason but l got fooled and now he is going to larry johnson us for a while imo.

Dmc is one of this years expensive mistakes. Whiffing on a top 15 draft pick like I and others did cancels value picks at rb later in the draft. Only positive is that you know for sure he is giving you nothing this week and foreseable future. He looked so good last year and the preseason but l got fooled and now he is going to larry johnson us for a while imo.
Here, have a tissue. :cry: What is the bolded based on? Your gut?? He's not even been ruled out for week 10 yet. Geebuz

IF he comes back for week 14 at least he cant get hurt worse between now and then for those already locked in for the playoffs. :silverlining:

I just traded McFragile as part of a big deal. Thank god. I'm Sooooooooooooooo glad he is off my team.
:subscribe:Any additional info? When should we expect to hear more during the week? Hate the GTD, hoping to avoid that, especially if you have a Thursday night player.
I think you should go ahead and count him out for this week. High ankle sprains usually a multi-week thing.I'm much more annoyed with Goodson than Mcfadden. I EXPECTED Mcfadden to get injured at some point, but I was happy with having Goodson there to start when it happened. That didn't work out too well.

I think you should go ahead and count him out for this week. High ankle sprains usually a multi-week thing.I'm much more annoyed with Goodson than Mcfadden. I EXPECTED Mcfadden to get injured at some point, but I was happy with having Goodson there to start when it happened. That didn't work out too well.
Exactly. Goodson is ######made. The way he got hurt was ridiculous to, given he was just running in a straight line and panicked when two defeders were coming in. What makes it even MUCH more worse, is that, if you rostered both (McFadden and Goodson), how confident can you be in dropping Goodson? Imagine you drop him, even for Reece, and then Goodson comes back sooner than McFadden (after all, the former didn't need X-rays), and then Reece goes back to his FB role.

I'm just speculating: Let's say McFadden maybe is 1-2 weeks out. I think Reece can cover and Goodson won't be back any sooner than McFadden. That's how it reads now.

And I'm optimistic about Reece. At least he's featured in the pass game unlike Darren.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=yS0ltpVBHbw

I just find it hard to believe they will run him all that much, are they really just going to change their offense from 20+ carries per game to McFadden to just half that (saying for argument's sake). Reece will get how many carries?

I've been debating Reece vs Redman because though I know Redman just had a great game there is more of a question mark as to splitting carries even this week or next week.

I'm just speculating: Let's say McFadden maybe is 1-2 weeks out. I think Reece can cover and Goodson won't be back any sooner than McFadden. That's how it reads now.

And I'm optimistic about Reece. At least he's featured in the pass game unlike Darren.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=yS0ltpVBHbw

I just find it hard to believe they will run him all that much, are they really just going to change their offense from 20+ carries per game to McFadden to just half that (saying for argument's sake). Reece will get how many carries?

I've been debating Reece vs Redman because though I know Redman just had a great game there is more of a question mark as to splitting carries even this week or next week.
I am debating reece vs Daniel Thomas. Thomas is the GL option and plays a horrible TEN team this week. So many unknowns with reece until we see how they look without McFadden/goodson...

The more I'm reading, I think Reece is the play. Taiwan looks like he'll get the "role" but Reece gets most of the passing downs anyway. If he is now getting 5-10 carries to go with it, he would be more valuable to me.

What do Raiders fans think? He seems to be like an H back where they use him as the TE out of the backfield mostly. If he gets carries, will he produce?

If you're in a PPR league, Reece seems the safer bet. Raiders have gone on record that they don't trust Taiwan with ball security which likely sticks a fork in any potential goal line work as well. Reece would probably also get a few catches even if McFadden makes it back in a limited fashion.

Here's a Darren McFadden stat o' da week forya, from before Sunday's games:

Darren McFadden leads all players in % of team touches (rec + rush) at 50%. Foster, Martin, Lynch (46%), Rice (45%), Richardson, AP (44%)
RB target leaders last 2 weeks: Rashad Jennings (17), Shonn Green!!! (14), Darren Sproles, Darren McFadden (13), Leshoure (12).
- Twitter (FF site)I may go with Reece and get Jones as a cheapo add for the bench, just in case something happens.

just checked back in here and read a few more posts.....

man....the fantasy lanscape at RB is a mess this year....I knew it was bad going in, but people are really having to fight for the scraps to post scores at RB this year....I mean look at who we are talking about in here....Marcel Reece for god sake...

it's a crapshoot after the top few guys...

so, ok...i know we're down on McFadden but how down? I have an opportunity to get him in my Dynasty league and I can't wrap my head around what I would give.

the owner claims another owner offered him a WR, a backup RB, and a 1st round rookie pick (a pretty decent one). The owner has Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dexter McCluster, and Nate Washington at WR. Can't imagine they would have sent Fitz or Cobb but i guess you never know.

Backup running back I'm guessing is David Wilson.

Where would you place DMC's value?

I'm out.

Just traded him and Owen Daniels for Bradshaw and Leshoure. I'm 4-5 and just barely clinging to playoff contention. I have Witten and start MaGahee and Mathews. I've watched every Raiders game and have been waiting for DMC to break loose with such a soft schedule. Whether it's him or the scheme, he has not looked good and Goodson has just loked better. Can't figure it out. Now I don't have to anymore. It feels good...

Users who are viewing this thread