What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (1 Viewer)

So where do you guys think DMAC ends up next year? Will you take another headlong running kick at the football before Lucy swoops it away? Will a change of scenery help? Some guys never learn.

Nice ninja edit.
I removed my post to avoid hurting your feelings again. But, it sounds like he's avoided a serious injury so consider unwadding your panties. Owning this guy is very risky bidness, a risk that I'm thrilled about no longer having to deal with in a big money league.

Kudos to you for being that risk taker.

I'll never question McFadden's god given talent, but for whatever reason dude just can't stay healthy. It's not out of the question that he comes back with a vengence, but, admittedly, whether you view that trade as a bad one or not, it feels darn good not to own him this morning.

Whenever you have as much talent as a guy like McFadden you will get an opportunity.

Reggie Bush is on his 3rd team now and has proved to have awesome stints.

There is still hope for McFadden.

So where do you guys think DMAC ends up next year? Will you take another headlong running kick at the football before Lucy swoops it away? Will a change of scenery help? Some guys never learn.
Yesterday may have been the best matchup he's had in years and he couldn't play through yet another minor injury. I want nothing to do with him regardless of where he plays next year. He's in the same RB tier as Jonathan Stewart. Just forget their name on draft day.

Thoughts on giving McF and Gonzo for Michael Floyd and Jordan Cameron in dynasty ppr?

I've got Spiller, CJ1k, and sproles to go with Calvin and Cobb.

DA RAIDERS said:
Shawn said:
hold till after the skins game.....
:goodposting:
How did that work out for you?
not too bad since i was never counting on him to be a major player on my ff team. thanks for your concern though. :rolleyes:
I was referring to his trade value plummeting, after it being suggested to hold him for another week. that is a risky choice with McFadden. I own him in my dynasty league so I know how the roller coaster ride can be... He is an AMAZING player when healthy, sad to see anyone get injured, especially someone with so much potential. I have him to back up Reggie Bush and Matt Forte, so I too am not that worried. Just giving you a hard time, I'm sure he will be back very soon with a vengeance :) PS. He is one of my absolute favorite players in best ball formats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reading on twitter that Reece actually put in a limited practice today.

Vic Tafur@VicTafur2 Oct
Wisniewski walking around practice with knee wrapped, FB Marcel Reece, who also had a sprained knee, is out here warming up

Tom Kessenich@TomKessenich2 Oct
Looks like Marcel Reece will practice in some fashion today. Curb those Rashad Jennings FA bids

Dave Richard@daverichard2 Oct
Darren McFadden didn't practice. Marcel Reece was limited. Terrelle Pryor full go.

Rotoworld:

The SF Chronicle's Vic Tafur came away from a Friday conversation with Darren McFadden without "the overwhelming sense" that McFadden (questionable, hamstring) will play in Week 6 against the Chiefs.

Asked if he's gone full burst, McFadden replied, "Pretty close." Asked whether he would play if there was a game today, McFadden answered, "I would do my best." McFadden is clearly well short of 100 percent despite practicing each day this week, albeit in a limited manner. It's worth noting Raiders beat writers have largely expected McFadden to return after Oakland's Week 7 bye. Fantasy owners definitely shouldn't be counting on DMC.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Oct 11 - 4:56 PM

I also traded FOR McFadden, after earlier in the season trading him away. Love the matchup at home against Pittsburgh and got great value selling and buying. Choo choo!

Raiderfan32904 said:
I also traded FOR McFadden, after earlier in the season trading him away. Love the matchup at home against Pittsburgh and got great value selling and buying. Choo choo!
I'm on the fence - he did have a very good home game vs. Pitt the last time. Pitt tough to pass on so I think they will try to get McFadden going. WR's will be shut down, best shot is running and dump offs to McFadden. Might actually make my lineup this week. Is anyone else getting reps? Reece/Jennings?

I also traded for him, this will be my first time starting him.

Hopeful but PIT may be getting their act together defensively, I'm glad this is one is in Oak.

ADP, Forte and Gio/BJGE had good games. TEN, NYJ &amp; Bal were all mediocre vs PIT.

Really, pulling for a TD here and some catches.

What are you people talking about? McFadden is a borderline top 10 play this week. You talk like he's some RB4 that you're being sneaky with by putting in your lineup. And did I really just read that someone accepted Rueben Randle for McFadden!?

I have started McFadden twice all season long and both times he gets injured early in the game, lol. I should know better being a Raider fan.

He really is going to struggle getting any type of contract after yet another injury plagued season.

It sucks that with as much talent as he has he can't stay healthy.

This guy really sucks, I actually trusted him to make it through at least the next 3 weeks before he got injured again. He made it one game between injuries....beer

I knew it when I drafted him that it was going to be a miserable ride. Going to cost me a game I should have had wrapped up. Out for several weeks, HC says he looks explosive, gets 2 TD's last week, then is out after 5 carries and 1 quarter of action. Of course Jennings goes off in garbage time. Hope he never makes another dollar in the NFL again. As a Raider fan I'd feel cheated too.

I knew it when I drafted him that it was going to be a miserable ride. Going to cost me a game I should have had wrapped up. Out for several weeks, HC says he looks explosive, gets 2 TD's last week, then is out after 5 carries and 1 quarter of action. Of course Jennings goes off in garbage time. Hope he never makes another dollar in the NFL again. As a Raider fan I'd feel cheated too.
It is hard to keep anger in check, but Mcfadden at the very least is not being suspended or violating propations etc. The guy has cost me a game this year as well. However, in fantasy you have to learn to laugh off the unlucky times. Mcfadden can't be trusted this much we know.

McFadden needs to go somewhere where he can be a role player, get under 10 carries and maybe 5 passes per game, line up wide occasionally, etc.

The Raiders should have kept Michael Bush (or gotten someone similar) and made him No. 1 and let McFadden be a specialized weapon.

McFadden needs to go somewhere where he can be a role player, get under 10 carries and maybe 5 passes per game, line up wide occasionally, etc.

The Raiders should have kept Michael Bush (or gotten someone similar) and made him No. 1 and let McFadden be a specialized weapon.
They already have that guy, Marcel Reece. McFadden's playing out the string of last few games on his Oakland contract and then hobble away.

It is hard to keep anger in check, but Mcfadden at the very least is not being suspended or violating propations etc. The guy has cost me a game this year as well. However, in fantasy you have to learn to laugh off the unlucky times. Mcfadden can't be trusted this much we know.
LMAO at calling another DMC injury unlucky.

So glad I -

1. Started dmac over spiller

2. Dropped Jennings this week because he looked awful last time out.

WINNING!

Users who are viewing this thread