What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (6 Viewers)

Traded him straight up to a desperate CJ Spiller owner. Whew just in time! Hoping Spiller continues to heal but not counting on it.

Traded him straight up to a desperate CJ Spiller owner. Whew just in time! Hoping Spiller continues to heal but not counting on it.
That guy was a moron. What a coup for you. Even in a redraft league, at least an injured Spiller is on the field producing numbers.

I asked this in the Injury thread but it got locked for some reason...

Anyone just dropping him? I picked up Jennings and have 3-4 viable options otherwise. I could use a WR on my bench but it feels weird to just let him go, but it might be cathartic.

Sold him (with Nelson) just before injury for Marshawn. Andre Johnson and Zac Stacy owners beware, as I just sold them too (Megatron). So glad my first experience with DMC is over. It is the games where he lasts only a few plays that are the killer.

Plorfu said:
I asked this in the Injury thread but it got locked for some reason...

Anyone just dropping him? I picked up Jennings and have 3-4 viable options otherwise. I could use a WR on my bench but it feels weird to just let him go, but it might be cathartic.
It's kind of a no mans land with DMAC at this point in the season. Trade deadline is approaching and as of right now, his trade value is nil. But you know if you drop him, there will be a feeding frenzy on the waiver wire to get him. He's got a ton of upside if he can come back in a couple of weeks and the Raiders schedule lines up nicely especially if Pryor can get back on a roll running his read option plays. But the obvious downside is knowing that any time you start him, he could be out of the game in the first quarter and really cost you your week. Lots of upside that always comes with lotta risk. Some fantasy owners will not touch him even off waivers for nothing. But you don't want to face him in the playoffs when decided to go off. I believe in karma, and I'm sure that would come back and bite me in the ### if I just cathartically dropped him.

In our league, around the end of week 12, we have a "safe drop" zone, where anybody you drop gets locked out to the entire league. I'm going to hold till then, and if he's not practicing, I'll have peace of mind knowing that he can't come back to hurt me. As a Raider fan, I'm frustrated but not surprised. To think that we could have gotten Zac Stacy in the 4th round instead of a washout QB that we cut and is now sitting on the practice squad is very annoying.

Rotoworld:

Coach Dennis Allen again suggested Darren McFadden (hamstring) will be a timeshare back when he returns.

Rashad Jennings is simply playing too well to lose starting duties. Over the last three weeks, he's rushed 57 times for 340 yards (5.96 YPC) with two touchdowns and added 11 catches for 91 more yards. "(Jennings has) been a guy we've called on to come in and run the ball and he's done a great job," Allen said. "As he continues to run the ball like he's doing, he's going to continue to get opportunities to run the ball." McFadden is averaging just 3.59 YPC on the year, and no one knows when his hamstring will be ready to go.

Related: Rashad Jennings

Source: Contra Costa Times

I think I'm finally ready to just drop him in redraft. Anyone else just say to hell with it in your normal 12 teamer?

No RB I can think of has screwed over FFL owners more than this guy. It's like a yearly ritual at this point.

Plorfu said:
I think I'm finally ready to just drop him in redraft. Anyone else just say to hell with it in your normal 12 teamer?
I already did. If he comes back and stings me in the FF playoffs then he does. I don't think there is any more chance of that than any other RB on the WW in my league. I picked up a wild-card RB that would be a boom/bust with a good playoff schedule. it would have taken a dramatic sequence of injuries to have me start him anyway.

Plorfu said:
I was very close to dropping him, but couldn't stand the thought of him coming back and being somebody's playoff wildcard starter. Thankfully after this Sunday's game, rosters lock for all players that are dropped and I'll be able to safely drop him. There's nobody on the waiver wire that has his upside. Still can't wait to get him off my team. Both reality and fantasy.

Plorfu said:
I was very close to dropping him, but couldn't stand the thought of him coming back and being somebody's playoff wildcard starter. Thankfully after this Sunday's game, rosters lock for all players that are dropped and I'll be able to safely drop him. There's nobody on the waiver wire that has his upside. Still can't wait to get him off my team. Both reality and fantasy.
I think is very little if any chance Oakland offers him any type of contract after this year. He will go the way of Reggie Bush and try and ressurect his career some where else.

What is Oakland's play at RB next year and beyond is a bit of a guessing game. Jennings is 28 and a journey men type. They put an interesting prospect Latavious Murray on the IR more so because they felt he needed to grow up and used an injury in camp to IR him. Murray has some amazing measurables including a 4.38 forty time and a 10 foot 4 broad jump.

It will be interesting to see what direction Oakland goes in terms of qb and rb going forward.

Plorfu said:
I think is very little if any chance Oakland offers him any type of contract after this year. He will go the way of Reggie Bush and try and ressurect his career some where else.

What is Oakland's play at RB next year and beyond is a bit of a guessing game. Jennings is 28 and a journey men type. They put an interesting prospect Latavious Murray on the IR more so because they felt he needed to grow up and used an injury in camp to IR him. Murray has some amazing measurables including a 4.38 forty time and a 10 foot 4 broad jump.

It will be interesting to see what direction Oakland goes in terms of qb and rb going forward.
I like Murray as Oakland's incumbent RB in camp next year. But don't forget they will have a close to full stock of draft picks next year and over 50 million in free cap space.

Sorry, I'm not and never will be a Rashad Jennings believer. I'll give him cred for being a warm body and staying healthy to seize the opportunity. Couldn't believe he went 80 yards up the gut yesterday in a Wildcat formation. Untouched. Texans, Falcons (see Rainey) - those teams have quit. McFadden is way more talented than Jennings will ever be. Will I still drop McFadden? Maybe. But I have zero doubt that Jennings will post a 15-32 day very soon. When you need him.

Just devil's advocate...but what is a coach supposed to say? Yeah, Jennings has been good...but he's out when McFadden comes back??? In all due respect, it's Rashad Jennings.....Rashad Jennings. Say it out loud, it sounds even dumber.

The parts of the Raider games I have seen seems like the line is coming together and opening holes. McGroin seemed to stretch the field a little too....I don't think either guy is worth much, but McFadden will still get a significant more opportunities than Jennings.

Sorry, I'm not and never will be a Rashad Jennings believer. I'll give him cred for being a warm body and staying healthy to seize the opportunity. Couldn't believe he went 80 yards up the gut yesterday in a Wildcat formation. Untouched. Texans, Falcons (see Rainey) - those teams have quit. McFadden is way more talented than Jennings will ever be. Will I still drop McFadden? Maybe. But I have zero doubt that Jennings will post a 15-32 day very soon. When you need him.
Untouched until he ran over a pretty good safety.

Rotoworld:

Raiders coach Dennis Allen "isn't sure" how far along Darren McFadden (hamstring) is in his rehab.
It's a combination of mindless coachspeak and the Raiders' increasing ambivalence with regards to their "No. 1" running back. Allen said McFadden's status will be updated Wednesday, but it appears very likely that Rashad Jennings will be in for another start in Week 12. Owners are advised to hold onto DMC in fantasy leagues, but if you're really hurting for a roster spot, dropping him is a calculated risk not terribly likely to backfire.

Related: Rashad Jennings

Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Just devil's advocate...but what is a coach supposed to say? Yeah, Jennings has been good...but he's out when McFadden comes back??? In all due respect, it's Rashad Jennings.....Rashad Jennings. Say it out loud, it sounds even dumber.

The parts of the Raider games I have seen seems like the line is coming together and opening holes. McGroin seemed to stretch the field a little too....I don't think either guy is worth much, but McFadden will still get a significant more opportunities than Jennings.
I don't think it matters if Jennings is better or not. McFadden clearly can't handle a full NFL workload. Jonathan Stewart has the same problem. It doesn't matter if they are more talented since they are not durable. The only way to keep them healthy is to limit their touches. And any NFL GM that gives McFadden a huge contract next year deserves to be fired.

This guy has literally pissed away his entire career. Multiple muscle pull injuries shutting him down - in a contract year no less! Good luck selling insurance next year. Watch out for those paper cuts.

General Tso said:
This guy has literally pissed away his entire career. Multiple muscle pull injuries shutting him down - in a contract year no less! Good luck selling insurance next year. Watch out for those paper cuts.
He's in for an incredibly rude awakening in the offseason.

General Tso said:
what do you do for a living?

General Tso said:
DMC's rookie contract was for $60 MM and I don't think he's taken a pay cut. There are no rude awakenings after that.

No RB I can think of has screwed over FFL owners more than this guy. It's like a yearly ritual at this point.
Maybe you could say that in the past, but not this year. Most people who drafted him got him much later than he typically went in his career, and all of us who did gambled (and lost) on his upside. Doubt many teams got screwed by starting him, all he cost you was a roster spot. You want to go find owners that got screwed over, go check out the T Richardson thread.

Maybe you could say that in the past, but not this year. Most people who drafted him got him much later than he typically went in his career, and all of us who did gambled (and lost) on his upside. Doubt many teams got screwed by starting him, all he cost you was a roster spot. You want to go find owners that got screwed over, go check out the T Richardson thread.
:goodposting:

I finally dropped him today for Rainey but I drafted him as a boom or bust in like the 6th round

i accidentally drafted him in the 3rd this year. i meant to grab d thomas, den.

luckily, i traded him to an rb slim owner for cam the day before he got hurt.

:goodposting: I finally dropped him today for Rainey but I drafted him as a boom or bust in like the 6th round
Same here 6th round, flyer just hoping for the best ahead of ball, d. Richardson and Bradshaw. Was hoping for more, but his injuries were built into his discounted draft cost, and considering who went after him, he hasn't been too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
General Tso said:
DMC's rookie contract was for $60 MM and I don't think he's taken a pay cut. There are no rude awakenings after that.
Good call brother. Dude may just spend the rest of his life in a seaside Mexican villa drinking margaritas and banging mamacitas.

Rotoworld:

Raiders coach Dennis Allen told reporters Wednesday that Darren McFadden (hamstring) is "definitely getting closer" to a return.
Not what Rashad Jennings' fantasy owners want to hear. Allen said DMC had a "productive workout" with trainers Wednesday, despite missing practice. He's uncertain to play in Week 12 against Tennessee, and we'd bet against McFadden dressing. When McFadden does return, he's expected to be in a timeshare with Jennings. Jennings has likely earned the permanent starting job.

Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Darren McFadden (hamstring) remained out of Raiders practice Thursday.

McFadden is going to miss Sunday's game against the Titans, giving Rashad Jennings another opportunity to tighten his grip on the Raiders' No. 1 job. DMC should be considered 50-50, at best, for next week's Thanksgiving tilt with the Cowboys.

Source: Scott Bair on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Darren McFadden (hamstring) missed Friday's practice and will not play in Week 12 against the Titans.

Rashad Jennings will continue to be an every-down back in a plus matchup.

Probably not going to make a quick recovery for the Thanksgiving day game either. I just cut him from my last team I still owned him with confidence.

in my drafts he went in rounds 3-6. i got him in the early 5th. that is definitely costly.

Rotoworld:

Darren McFadden (hamstring) ran on the side of Raiders practice Monday, and his Week 13 status is uncertain.

Coach Dennis Allen said he "will see" how McFadden did running before letting him back into practice. McFadden didn't practice at all this past week and was inactive against the Titans. He will not be a fantasy option in Week 13.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter

First time owners of McFadden are like :rant: :hot: :cry: :doh: Previous years owners of McFadden are like :coffee: :yawn:
What is even worse is how he little he seems to care in a contract year. This turd wont even tough it out through minor injuries when money is on the line. Then you have guys like Spiller or F.Jackson that grind it out no matter what.

First time owners of McFadden are like :rant: :hot: :cry: :doh: Previous years owners of McFadden are like :coffee: :yawn:
McFadden is soft. He just can't play hurt. Players have different thresholds of pain. There are ballers like Ahmad Bradshaw and then there are guys like McFadden. You can't blame a guy who has a broken leg or an ACL. Those are unavoidable injuries and you must sit to recover. But hamstring pulls, groin pulls, sprains and bruises, even broken ribs or fingers--you have to be able to play through those types of injuries to be an elite HB.

Practiced again today. Could be getting healthy for a nice stretch of games, starting with the pushover Cowboys...
Rotoworld take:

Darren McFadden (hamstring) participated in Raiders practice for the second straight day Tuesday.

DMC was officially limited on Monday, but is fully expected to be active against the Cowboys, serving in a back-up role behind Rashad Jennings. Jennings has handily out-performed his more ballyhooed backfield mate this season, and will be an RB2 for Oakland's Thanksgiving showcase. McFadden is a low-end FLEX option for Week 13.

Source: Scott Bair on Twitter

Rotoworld today:

Darren McFadden (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Thursday's game against the Cowboys.

McFadden is expected to return this week, but will be serving in a back-up role behind Rashad Jennings. He can't be counted on as anything more than a low-end FLEX option for Week 13.

Source: Paul Gutierrez on Twitter

Questions of softness aside, I'm surprised by how quickly people, including the head coach, are declaring Jennings superior to McFadden. Is that really the case? I always thought the issue with him was only health, but when he's not hurt, you want him in your lineup, both in real and fake football. So I'm just surprised to see him getting healthy and hear this talk about him just getting a few touches in a backup role.

Does anyone think there's a chance we could be sleeping on him and that we could see a scenario where Jennings "starts" but McFadden tears it up tomorrow against Dallas?

Does anyone think there's a chance we could be sleeping on him and that we could see a scenario where Jennings "starts" but McFadden tears it up tomorrow against Dallas?
Chance? Sure, what are we talking about though? 10% 20%, same odds you the weather channel gives for rain on a clear radar day?

Users who are viewing this thread