What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (4 Viewers)

Only discussing DMC for week 2, forecast for him against the Dolphins: 25 rushes 108 yards, 9 receptions 66 yards and roughly a TD.Color me :excited: Are we starting to think this is going to be the norm or an average, with the floor maybe 70 yards on the ground, 40-50 in the air, 6 catches outside of TD's?? The ceiling the sky itself?? Leaning just the Dolphins and look more for the floor, but regardless just wow.If he's producing like that week in and week out, he's gonna be LT-lite if he's not hitting paydirt, which is hard enough to predict. And looking at him last night, I can see the potential for it in between the goal lines.But, being debbie downer, if he's worked like this I'd be shocked (if he stays healthy) if he's not just gassed by the fantasy playoffs.
Yeah as much as I loved the stats he put up last week in PPR even without a TD, he's going to die out there with a workload like that.

he probably wont ever get to 10 rec again, but I do expect more yardage on the ground this week. They really need to give the ball to goodson and jones a couple more times to spell him. A big play by the WRs wouldnt hurt either....hopefully moore plays this week. gonna be another ugly game in miami

San Diego has TWO spies on McFadden...allowing 1 on 1 on all receivers. No respect for the passing game. I imagine DMC will see this alot this season, which keeps him only at a RB2 level.
Yes, with this blueprint McFadden will held in check with 20+ points per game.
:confused: I'm reading 11.8028 touches at 2.1 ypc and 6.6 ypr must be a little disturbing for DMC owners. The guy needs to be a per touch beast with limited touches to survive 16 games, not the opposite.
I'm not disturbed at all. In a game with one WR who was on last year's team available, he still got me 118 yards. That's damn impressive. Moore ought to be back this week, and as stated above, his low average was mostly the product of one busted play for a big loss. On handcuffs: Jones was a disaster, and Goodson looked like a guy. I'm maybe rostering Goodson, but in leagues with tight benches, I'd rather be holding Dwyer, McCluster, etc.

what the hell just happened? that was an awful game. and I am wondering if the raiders can run block at all? 2 straight horrid games...

The OLine and pass game has to become decent enough to prevent teams from putting 7-9 in the box.

This offense is about as creative as a bag of hammers.

so is any one thinking about benching this turd (yeah I said it) next week vs pitt? I mean is he really unbenchable?

Most here must not play ppr? He was crap today,but last week was a beast in ppr. Can't bench him yet, but yes situation has got to improve...

so is any one thinking about benching this turd (yeah I said it) next week vs pitt? I mean is he really unbenchable?
No, and if you do, you will immediately regret it.
so you are saying that he is unbenchable? how many more crap games before you bench him then?
he scored 24 points in my PPR league last week...
I play in a .5 ppr so it was good not great. look all I am saying is the guy has not had over 50 yards rushing in two straight games and is now about to play the steelers...

Are McFadden's early rushing struggles simply a factor of the offensive line being much worse than expected? I thought the only thing standing between McFadden and top 5 or better rushing yards was a healthy season. I think it's too early to completely panic but I'd like to try to get a look under the hood of the Raiders offense and figure out why they have started the season so slowly. Is it the new coach?

Their line is not dominating like last year. Pure and simple. McFadden was great but he had huge gaps to run through in 2011. This year - not so much

Dmac is stronger than Chris Johnson but like him he needs holes to run through. Hes not going to make his own yardage. He doesn't have much lateral agility, hes a see and go guy. Without room to run, hes gonna have some awful stat lines.

San Diego has TWO spies on McFadden...allowing 1 on 1 on all receivers. No respect for the passing game. I imagine DMC will see this alot this season, which keeps him only at a RB2 level.
Yes, with this blueprint McFadden will held in check with 20+ points per game.
:confused: I'm reading 11.8028 touches at 2.1 ypc and 6.6 ypr must be a little disturbing for DMC owners. The guy needs to be a per touch beast with limited touches to survive 16 games, not the opposite.
I'm not disturbed at all. In a game with one WR who was on last year's team available, he still got me 118 yards. That's damn impressive. Moore ought to be back this week, and as stated above, his low average was mostly the product of one busted play for a big loss. On handcuffs: Jones was a disaster, and Goodson looked like a guy. I'm maybe rostering Goodson, but in leagues with tight benches, I'd rather be holding Dwyer, McCluster, etc.
2.0 ypc this week. I'm considering trying to buy low, but perhaps after the Pit game.

'need2know said:
I play in a .5 ppr so it was good not great.
Me too. He was RB#12 in Week 1.If he's playing he's unbenchable.

If you sit him and he has a bad week, you weren't smart, you just made a lucky call.

'Judge Smails said:
Their line is not dominating like last year. Pure and simple. McFadden was great but he had huge gaps to run through in 2011. This year - not so much
It's Greg Knapp, people. He sucks. He could not coordinate a lunch meeting... much less an NFL offense.One or two more weeks like this and he's on the unemployment line (again).

'Judge Smails said:
It's Greg Knapp, people. He sucks. He could not coordinate a lunch meeting... much less an NFL offense.One or two more weeks like this and he's on the unemployment line (again).
Stupid zone blocking scheme.I don't understand why NFL coaches try to make players fit into their scheme, instead of tailoring their scheme to their players. I get it if the unit was terrible (go ahead and do whatever you want on defense), but the offense last year thrived under the power run game and deep ball. Why mess with that?

DMC was a beast for me in Week 1 in my PPR league.

IMO he's in ASYS status. You know the week you bench him he gets 200+ total yards and 2 TDs.

I am non PPR, I'm very close to benchin him against Pitt as Gore plays the Vikings, however I just know whenever I bench him I will regret it..

Again, DMac was the most overrated player in fantasy this year. He will not finish anywhere near the top 10 and certainly not the lofty top 5 some of you predicted. He didnt even get garbage time points yesterday. Terrible.

Again, DMac was the most overrated player in fantasy this year. He will not finish anywhere near the top 10 and certainly not the lofty top 5 some of you predicted. He didnt even get garbage time points yesterday. Terrible.
have to disagree. chris johnson takes that title. I am disappointed so far but i dont know how you can bench this guy if you have him. all he needs is one or two long plays to win your game. he has had zero through two games. I dont care who he is playing against he is overdue for a big play. :popcorn:

The guy is the total focal point of his offense as well as the defense. Everything revolves around him when the Raiders have the ball. There are very, very few players in similar situations in the NFL. Calvin would be one. Maybe Rice. From a fantasy perspective, I don't see how you can sit a guy like that. He's the best player on the field and everyone knows it.

The guy is the total focal point of his offense as well as the defense. Everything revolves around him when the Raiders have the ball. There are very, very few players in similar situations in the NFL. Calvin would be one. Maybe Rice. From a fantasy perspective, I don't see how you can sit a guy like that. He's the best player on the field and everyone knows it.
I couldnt of said it better myself. He is the focal point of that offense and until Palmer shows he can make some plays down the field to spread the field, the defense will also focus on stopping McFadden, which is also a huge downfall in being the go-to guy. The Raiders need to do some out of the box plays to get the ball into his hands and let him make some plays.

Just a minor point to bring up, not that it will help very much...(comes from another frustrated McFadden owner, played him over Spiller for the last time)

McFadden should have had a walk in TD at the end of the first half on a PA rollout but Palmer wanted to force it into the back of the end zone. Finally he went to McFadden but it was late and he dropped it. The commentators were amazed at how Palmer didn't get it to him sooner.

Just a minor point to bring up, not that it will help very much...(comes from another frustrated McFadden owner, played him over Spiller for the last time)McFadden should have had a walk in TD at the end of the first half on a PA rollout but Palmer wanted to force it into the back of the end zone. Finally he went to McFadden but it was late and he dropped it. The commentators were amazed at how Palmer didn't get it to him sooner.
true. he scores here and no one in complaining. I have thought about sitting him this week vs pitt but I am gonna roll with this guy as long as he is playing. like I said above all it takes is one big play...

A. Palmer is the new Kerry Collins. Worst looking 300+ yard passing days in the league.

B. The ZBS is not working well at all for DMC, just as it didn't his first two seasons in the league.

C. DMC left at least 12-15 pts on the field yesterday with dropped passes. It wasn't a good day for him at all in that dept. He had several drops week 1 too. It think he has at least 6-7 drops through two weeks and is probably leading the league.

A lot of factors coming together to hurt DMC's production right now.

A. Palmer is the new Kerry Collins. Worst looking 300+ yard passing days in the league.B. The ZBS is not working well at all for DMC, just as it didn't his first two seasons in the league.C. DMC left at least 12-15 pts on the field yesterday with dropped passes. It wasn't a good day for him at all in that dept. He had several drops week 1 too. It think he has at least 6-7 drops through two weeks and is probably leading the league.A lot of factors coming together to hurt DMC's production right now.
That one play where DMC dropped the pass in front of the GL was very much Palmer's fault. DMC was open for a good 1-2 seconds before Palmer finally decided to throw the ball to him. I think he was expecting that ball to be thrown much sooner.

Just a minor point to bring up, not that it will help very much...(comes from another frustrated McFadden owner, played him over Spiller for the last time)McFadden should have had a walk in TD at the end of the first half on a PA rollout but Palmer wanted to force it into the back of the end zone. Finally he went to McFadden but it was late and he dropped it. The commentators were amazed at how Palmer didn't get it to him sooner.
true. he scores here and no one in complaining. I have thought about sitting him this week vs pitt but I am gonna roll with this guy as long as he is playing. like I said above all it takes is one big play...
Play him at your peril this week... he will have 20 yards rushing and maybe 30 receiving if he is lucky. You have to have better options on your bench.

Miami has a tough defense to run against and did an excellent job against the ZBS last week in Houston. Randy Starks and Cameron Wake did a great job of blowing up the interior of the Texans line and taking away those cutback lanes from Foster. The Texans run the zone scheme better than any team in the league and they have an elite running back perfectly suited for that scheme, and he couldn't get much going against the Dolphins. I'm not panicking at all about this dud of a game from McFadden. Had he been in the game on that Goodson swing pass TD, or been delivered that goal line pass from Palmer earlier, nobody would be wringing their hands over DMC. Color me patient.

The pass-rush mix was disturbing yesterday, especially considering that Oakland had a lead at half-time. I didn't watch the game but I don't get it. I swear that Oakland wanted to lose for some reason.

The pass-rush mix was disturbing yesterday, especially considering that Oakland had a lead at half-time. I didn't watch the game but I don't get it. I swear that Oakland wanted to lose for some reason.
they never really seemed committed to the run. they would pass on first down, a lot of times with success but then they would pass 1-2 more times and end up having to punt. I can understand passing to set up the run but they set it up and never got back to running. really tough to understand. the coaches on oak sure don't seem that bright and don't seem to understand playcalling. I am no hue Jackson fan but man the offense looked a lot better last year for sure...

Way way WAY too early to jump ship on McFadden, fellas. He had a bad game. It happens.

If you trade him now, you'll regret it.

Way way WAY too early to jump ship on McFadden, fellas. He had a bad game. It happens.If you trade him now, you'll regret it.
not jumping ship, just concerned. he is going to stay in my lineup... the team I have him on is really struggling. 0-2 (I have played the two highest scoring teams from both weeks) and I really need a win this week, but I digress. a big game from DMC would be great

Way way WAY too early to jump ship on McFadden, fellas. He had a bad game. It happens.If you trade him now, you'll regret it.
not jumping ship, just concerned. he is going to stay in my lineup... the team I have him on is really struggling. 0-2 (I have played the two highest scoring teams from both weeks) and I really need a win this week, but I digress. a big game from DMC would be great
Yeah, and while the Steelers aren't exactly a dream matchup, I can't see how you can consider sitting him at this point.

A. Palmer is the new Kerry Collins. Worst looking 300+ yard passing days in the league.B. The ZBS is not working well at all for DMC, just as it didn't his first two seasons in the league.C. DMC left at least 12-15 pts on the field yesterday with dropped passes. It wasn't a good day for him at all in that dept. He had several drops week 1 too. It think he has at least 6-7 drops through two weeks and is probably leading the league.A lot of factors coming together to hurt DMC's production right now.
That one play where DMC dropped the pass in front of the GL was very much Palmer's fault. DMC was open for a good 1-2 seconds before Palmer finally decided to throw the ball to him. I think he was expecting that ball to be thrown much sooner.
Yeah, I think at least half of those drops are on Palmer. There was one in the SD game when Palmer basically just flipped the ball at DMC while he was in the middle of a bunch of linemen. Palmer's throws are eating dirt a lot this year.A frustrating day--2nd week in a row that McFadden was oh-so-close to a score. They'll come, but ouch.

Wait until next week to pounce if you want to buy him extremely low. There is no way he will scratch out more than 5 pts against Pitt.

9 in the box all day.

Users who are viewing this thread