What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (3 Viewers)

Owning McFadden?

Every defense in the NFL has been owning McFadden.

At this point I would trade Chicken Legs for a bucket of KFC.

It's so painful to watch. The raiders are Terrible. Dennis Allen is terrible. The OC is terrible. And they are all dragging McFadden down with them.

Honestly I don't think I be ever seen a team misuse a talent like his this badly. Forget the fact that they changed a run blocking scheme that produced a top 7 or 8 running game in 2011 to a zone blocking scheme, knowing that McFadden struggles in that scheme.

How about using him in the passin game? He is dynamic in open space. Palmer does not even LOOK his way. They always send McFadden to the left. Palmer never looks to dump off to the left on his screens. Always to the right or straight ahead. They should have several plays designed to get McFadden in space in the passing game. The same way the bikes use harvin. If you can't run the ball use him frequently in the short passing game. Utterly ######ed

Watching this game its very very evident this new managment has no clue what to do with him... im not even blaming Darren as the playcalling is horrid and this zone blocking scheme is definetely NOT working. The best bet owners have is to pray for a house cleaning in the offseason because this team brought in the wrong people to man this ship imo.

Just posted in the venting thread:

OAK 1st and goal from the 1, McFadden stopped for no gain. Penalty on Jax for 12 men on the field. Palmer up the middle for the TD

:wall:

Just posted in the venting thread:OAK 1st and goal from the 1, McFadden stopped for no gain. Penalty on Jax for 12 men on the field. Palmer up the middle for the TD:wall:
I'm pretty much forced to stop him because of injury, but this guy has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever owned...because I know the talent is there.

Just posted in the venting thread:OAK 1st and goal from the 1, McFadden stopped for no gain. Penalty on Jax for 12 men on the field. Palmer up the middle for the TD:wall:
I'm pretty much forced to stop him because of injury, but this guy has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever owned...because I know the talent is there.
I have DMC and playing against Palmer. That TD just ended my game. I thought about playing it safe today and using both Fred Jackson and Spiller but I just had to get DMC in my lineup with such a "juicy" matchup. This decision will also cost me my game.Moving forward, he's almost unusable. Everyone talks about his amazing ROS but if he can't light up Jacksonville then there is no hope for him.

Watching this game its very very evident this new managment has no clue what to do with him... im not even blaming Darren as the playcalling is horrid and this zone blocking scheme is definetely NOT working. The best bet owners have is to pray for a house cleaning in the offseason because this team brought in the wrong people to man this ship imo.
First time I've seen a lot of him since I only catch them on Redzone. They are sending him straight into the line e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e. No sweeps. No tosses. Not even off tackle. There's no imagination to this offense. Mcfadden into the line for 3 and then Palmer incomplete for 2 plays.

Worst thing that could have happened was Oak winning. Now all the coaches will keep their jobs and DMC will keep being thrown once more unto the breach.

yup. Definitely considering trading away DMC at this point. It's not him if you watch the game. The playcalling has been horrendous.

Worst thing that could have happened was Oak winning. Now all the coaches will keep their jobs and DMC will keep being thrown once more unto the breach.
they must see the 1-2 ypc aint cutting it. they will change it up. i won despite of his mediocre performance, but think better days are ahead. the oline, scheme, and qb are below par... sorry but you cant really expect great numbers here....only thing going is the schedule and his talent. heres hoping they start to win out here... :banned:

The thing is, he continues to put up adequate PPR points, so he tricks me into starting him every week. As bad as he played, I looked at the live scoring, and somehow he got me 12 points. Not great, but only a point less than Marshawn Lynch who rushed for 100 yards. He's not an RB1, but he's solidly 16th in average points in my league.

Fortunately, they seem to be using him a bit more in the passing game the past two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so painful to watch. The raiders are Terrible. Dennis Allen is terrible. The OC is terrible. And they are all dragging McFadden down with them.Honestly I don't think I be ever seen a team misuse a talent like his this badly. Forget the fact that they changed a run blocking scheme that produced a top 7 or 8 running game in 2011 to a zone blocking scheme, knowing that McFadden struggles in that scheme. How about using him in the passin game? He is dynamic in open space. Palmer does not even LOOK his way. They always send McFadden to the left. Palmer never looks to dump off to the left on his screens. Always to the right or straight ahead. They should have several plays designed to get McFadden in space in the passing game. The same way the bikes use harvin. If you can't run the ball use him frequently in the short passing game. Utterly ######ed
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a terrible team. I fully blame Allen and the OC. Typical "Pigheaded stubborn I'm right" attitude even though EVERY result shows your not. True leadership is knowing when your wrong and adjusting. Unfortunately for any DMC owner (myself included) this team is totally devoid of any leadership.

Unless the coaching staff is completely imcompatent they're going to have to change something and soon.

Also, I'm not trading him unless the value is what it were prior to the season starting. The talent is there and I'm not taking a loss with a trade now. Btw, I'm in a keeper league.

It's so painful to watch. The raiders are Terrible. Dennis Allen is terrible. The OC is terrible. And they are all dragging McFadden down with them.Honestly I don't think I be ever seen a team misuse a talent like his this badly. Forget the fact that they changed a run blocking scheme that produced a top 7 or 8 running game in 2011 to a zone blocking scheme, knowing that McFadden struggles in that scheme. How about using him in the passin game? He is dynamic in open space. Palmer does not even LOOK his way. They always send McFadden to the left. Palmer never looks to dump off to the left on his screens. Always to the right or straight ahead. They should have several plays designed to get McFadden in space in the passing game. The same way the bikes use harvin. If you can't run the ball use him frequently in the short passing game. Utterly ######ed
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a terrible team. I fully blame Allen and the OC. Typical "Pigheaded stubborn I'm right" attitude even though EVERY result shows your not. True leadership is knowing when your wrong and adjusting. Unfortunately for any DMC owner (myself included) this team is totally devoid of any leadership.
If I could have 10 minutes in a room with knapp and Allen here is why I would ask them (after asking them the obvious question of 'why would you change to a zbs when you know that your star rb does not do well in it?'):"Guys...please Answer this as honesty as possible. Who would you rather throw a designed screen pass to: a) Darren McFadden or b) marcel Reece?" Now I know what their answer is BC Reece gets balls thrown his way in designed screen passes every game. I would use the remaining 9 minutes to berate them and call them every name in the book. You have an all world rb on your team. Maybe with more pure talent than Arian foster. Up there with Adrian Peterson except he can catch better! And you are designing screen plays for...marcel Reece?!?! Marcel Gd daaamn Reece?!? Seriously...wtf

what would DMC owners consider an even trade for him right now? I'm trying to gauge his value.

what would DMC owners consider an even trade for him right now? I'm trying to gauge his value.
At this point, I'm not trading him. His value is too low for me to get something that I would be willing to accept, and he's still putting up average numbers for my PPR league at least. I would probably want more than he's worth because I still have some hope that he'll turn something around (and I also own Goodson, so if he gets hurt, I think Goodson can put up good numbers). I'd probably want an Alfred Morris level player...but I also know he's not currently worth that.Last week, I received two offers for him.Offer 1 - Stevie Johnson and Alex Green for McfaddenOffer 2 - Michael Turner for Mcfadden (I may have taken this is non-PPR, but in PPR DMC is outscoring Turner by quite a bit)

Owning McFadden?Every defense in the NFL has been owning McFadden.At this point I would trade Chicken Legs for a bucket of KFC.
Just once I would like to see a discussion involving McFadden where you don't make an apperance and trash him. You have been doing this since 2008 and anytime he is mentioned you have to come in and diss him. You are like one of Pavlov's dogs in that respect and it is both predictable and pathetic.

I just cannot believe that every called running play is straight up the gut. Since when is dmac a straight up the gut runner? Not ONE sweep the entire game. Not even anything off tackle. Not one play.

Waits for the "But in my PPR he's 29th overall..thats still a solid flex play at RB...." after this week.
Hopefully the Guru's got out from under this mess about 4 weeks ago, as advised.
Anything useful or relevant to contribute ? Your every comment appears to be made with the sole intent to antagonize.The shtick is getting a little lame.
I've been trying to help people get a grip on reality with DMC. It's more useful than the folks thinking a good schedule will make any difference.

Waits for the "But in my PPR he's 29th overall..thats still a solid flex play at RB...." after this week.
Hopefully the Guru's got out from under this mess about 4 weeks ago, as advised.
Anything useful or relevant to contribute ? Your every comment appears to be made with the sole intent to antagonize.The shtick is getting a little lame.
I've been trying to help people get a grip on reality with DMC. It's more useful than the folks thinking a good schedule will make any difference.
Insecurity runs rampant on this board and these kind of posts are a great example. Good to see the FBG board keeps striving for mediocrity. :toilet:

The thing is, he continues to put up adequate PPR points, so he tricks me into starting him every week. As bad as he played, I looked at the live scoring, and somehow he got me 12 points. Not great, but only a point less than Marshawn Lynch who rushed for 100 yards. He's not an RB1, but he's solidly 16th in average points in my league.Fortunately, they seem to be using him a bit more in the passing game the past two weeks.
Yeah, I had him and Green-Ellis going with Matthews on bye in a non-PPR league. After being disappointed by McFadden and seeing Green-Ellis look great on an early drive against the Steelers last night, I was thinking perhaps I'll go with the Lawfirm instead of DMac here on out. But then when the Sunday night game was over, Green-Ellis ended with less points than McFadden...I'm thinking McFadden is still at least serviceable, it's just that we've had much greater expectations for him.

It is a tough spot...because when you look at his late season schedule, it is cake.

He seems like a nice target for teams that are off to a great start and can afford to ride it out.

At this point, I'm not trading him. His value is too low for me to get something that I would be willing to accept, and he's still putting up average numbers for my PPR league at least. I would probably want more than he's worth because I still have some hope that he'll turn something around (and I also own Goodson, so if he gets hurt, I think Goodson can put up good numbers). I'd probably want an Alfred Morris level player...but I also know he's not currently worth that.
yeah completely agree... The best you can do with DMC right now is hope he puts up a big game next week, and then sell high, or higher than you can now, lol. The schedule isn't bad but again, that can't stop terrible play calling.

It is a tough spot...because when you look at his late season schedule, it is cake.He seems like a nice target for teams that are off to a great start and can afford to ride it out.
I'm 5-1 with a pretty good shot of being 6-1 after tonight. I'm willing to ride it out with him, but at the same time, I'll probably be benching him in tougher matchups. I've lost faith in him as RB1 for my team, but as an RB2/flex, he's putting up solid numbers. It's obviously not what I hoped for, but it's what I have...so I'll deal with it.

It is a tough spot...because when you look at his late season schedule, it is cake.He seems like a nice target for teams that are off to a great start and can afford to ride it out.
I'm 5-1 with a pretty good shot of being 6-1 after tonight. I'm willing to ride it out with him, but at the same time, I'll probably be benching him in tougher matchups. I've lost faith in him as RB1 for my team, but as an RB2/flex, he's putting up solid numbers. It's obviously not what I hoped for, but it's what I have...so I'll deal with it.
I am in a similar position. After tonight, barring Jay Cutler going 35-45 for 500 and 3 TD's, I will be 6-1. I know the McFadden owner is DONE with him...but what is the price point where the cost doesn't outweigh the upside risk?

'JD8p said:
'solorca said:
'JD8p said:
I am in a similar position. After tonight, barring Jay Cutler going 35-45 for 500 and 3 TD's, I will be 6-1. I know the McFadden owner is DONE with him...but what is the price point where the cost doesn't outweigh the upside risk?
If I was 2-4 or so, I'd probably be willing to sell him for a mid-range RB and WR combo (maybe a Mendenhall/Stevie Johnson combo, or something like that?), or another struggling RB like Reggie Bush or Demarco Murray.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4649/darren-mcfadden

Raiders coach Dennis Allen insists Darren McFadden has lost none of his explosiveness despite his early-season struggles. McFadden is averaging 3.15 yards per carry, well down from his 5.0-plus marks over the past two seasons. Allen insists the Raiders have tried to incorporate more "gap plays" to get McFadden going, although they obviously didn't work against the Jaguars. McFadden was continually dropped before or at the line of scrimmage. Fantasy owners need to hold onto McFadden because he possesses the talent, workload, and schedule to catch fire during the second half. Oct 22 - 4:40 PM
Gap plays? What gap plays????? I see nothing but McFadden straight up the middle every time. Coaching staff is full of doody!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4649/darren-mcfadden

Raiders coach Dennis Allen insists Darren McFadden has lost none of his explosiveness despite his early-season struggles. McFadden is averaging 3.15 yards per carry, well down from his 5.0-plus marks over the past two seasons. Allen insists the Raiders have tried to incorporate more "gap plays" to get McFadden going, although they obviously didn't work against the Jaguars. McFadden was continually dropped before or at the line of scrimmage. Fantasy owners need to hold onto McFadden because he possesses the talent, workload, and schedule to catch fire during the second half. Oct 22 - 4:40 PM
Gap plays? What gap plays????? I see nothing but McFadden straight up the middle every time. Coaching staff is full of doody!
I think he means the A gap.

I'll be 2-5 after tonight, gonna hold onto him, but will start Gore over him from now on until DMC gets consistent. Only two games back of the wild card so maybe with a combo of Gore and Charles I could be ok.

i traded mcgahee and colston for steve smith and mcfadden....thinking i made a big mistake but going to break this guy sorts it out

I'll be 2-5 after tonight, gonna hold onto him, but will start Gore over him from now on until DMC gets consistent. Only two games back of the wild card so maybe with a combo of Gore and Charles I could be ok.
I'll be starting him regularly, but it's tough.

Well when he's my RB2 and my other options are Alex green and DWill, don't have much of a choice but to ride this out.

Traded A. Bradshaw and R. Cobb for him this morning.....have J Charles and Ray Rice as my RB1 &amp; RB2......flex play for DMac...........hoping he will break out of slump...

Here's the surest way to guarantee McFadden breaks out in week 8. I am benching him.

I have Ryan Mathews, McGahee and DMC. I have been reluctant to pull the trigger and bench DMC and that decision was taken away from me last week with both Mathews and McGahee off. I'm 3-4 and dropping like a stone so I am going to make the move this week and go with Mathews and McGahee. It's the surest way I know to ensure DMC finally breaks out and has a huge day.

You're welcome. :wall:

Here's the surest way to guarantee McFadden breaks out in week 8. I am benching him.I have Ryan Mathews, McGahee and DMC. I have been reluctant to pull the trigger and bench DMC and that decision was taken away from me last week with both Mathews and McGahee off. I'm 3-4 and dropping like a stone so I am going to make the move this week and go with Mathews and McGahee. It's the surest way I know to ensure DMC finally breaks out and has a huge day.You're welcome. :wall:
I don't blame you one bit. 6 games of underachievement is beyond a trend, it's screaming to you to sit hi if you have oter strong options. Kc is a great matchup but so was jax and he didn't do much against them. I am starting to think this is just going to be a down year for dmc...there will be no awakening...maybe a few random games where he breaks off a few big runs but mostly a Chris Johnson circa 2011 type year from him. I hate you Greg knapp and denISE Allen.

I've really only had two games of bad production from him (standard PPR). Here's what I've got from him...

24.8 (3rd RB in week 1)

6.1 (43rd RB in week 2)

20.5 (6th RB in week 3)

4.8 (50th RB in week 4)

16.8 (11th RB in week 6)

12.1 (20th RB in week 7)

So, I've gotten RB1 production in half of his weeks, RB2 production in one, and UGH production in two weeks.

Here's the surest way to guarantee McFadden breaks out in week 8. I am benching him.I have Ryan Mathews, McGahee and DMC. I have been reluctant to pull the trigger and bench DMC and that decision was taken away from me last week with both Mathews and McGahee off. I'm 3-4 and dropping like a stone so I am going to make the move this week and go with Mathews and McGahee. It's the surest way I know to ensure DMC finally breaks out and has a huge day.You're welcome. :wall:
I have Matthews and DMC in a league where the McGahee owner just put him on the block. I made an offer and am hoping I can then bench McFadden this week...

That's kind of the problem though. He hasn't really been "killing" me, but he certainly hasn't been the steady, consistent #1 rb (aside from the injury concerns) I was hoping for when I drafted him. The schedule has been so kind and I have been waiting for the O-line to gel and "get it" which is what everyone is saying should happen right about now.

My point is, I now have to consider looking at my options to get me more consistent production on a weekly basis. And that means going with McGahee. Hopefully, Mathews gives me #1 RB production and McGahee continues to give me strong #2 production to help jump start my team. In the perfect world, DMC, thte O-Line and the Raiders coaching staff figure it all out and DMC explodes for the second half of the year for a possible fantasy playoff run.

But DMC has to prove it to me now from my bench. Kinda sucks.

That's kind of the problem though. He hasn't really been "killing" me, but he certainly hasn't been the steady, consistent #1 rb (aside from the injury concerns) I was hoping for when I drafted him. The schedule has been so kind and I have been waiting for the O-line to gel and "get it" which is what everyone is saying should happen right about now.My point is, I now have to consider looking at my options to get me more consistent production on a weekly basis. And that means going with McGahee. Hopefully, Mathews gives me #1 RB production and McGahee continues to give me strong #2 production to help jump start my team. In the perfect world, DMC, thte O-Line and the Raiders coaching staff figure it all out and DMC explodes for the second half of the year for a possible fantasy playoff run.But DMC has to prove it to me now from my bench. Kinda sucks.
I've been starting him and 4WR and am somehow 5-2, although I flexed Dwyer last weekend. I figure I have to ride it out. He still has upside... but so did US Steel once.

Users who are viewing this thread