What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (2 Viewers)

still "day to day". The way the bears handled kevin white's injury (downplaying the severity until he had surgery), i am getting more nervous for alshon

On Alshon Jeffery’s ninth day of being “day-to-day” with a mild calf strain, he got company: Marquess Wilson, who injured his right hamstring in Saturday’s exhibition game.

Wednesday, the group became a trio, when Eddie Royal, the third of the team’s three starting wide receivers, missed practice with a hip injury.

Count first-round pick Kevin White, who never participated in training camp because of a stress fracture of his left shin, and the trio becomes a quartet.

Bears coach John Fox said none of the three injuries “appear real long-term,” but the White injury fiasco — he was called “day-to-day” until the team announced surgery — makes any public statement dubious.

Fox said he couldn’t predict yet whether Royal, signed to a three-year, $15 million deal this offseason, would miss Saturday’s preseason dress rehearsal in Cincinnati.

The Bears are just being very careful with Jeffery. He will be a workhorse this year as the Bears will be a mediocre to bad team defensively. They will count on Jeffery for the deep ball plus in the redzone, he is a true No 1.

The Bears are just being very careful with Jeffery. He will be a workhorse this year as the Bears will be a mediocre to bad team defensively. They will count on Jeffery for the deep ball plus in the redzone, he is a true No 1.
They would be panicking right now if there was something seriously wrong with Jeffery.

There's little reason if healthy he won't be a 100 catch guy this year.

They would be panicking right now if there was something seriously wrong with Jeffery.

There's little reason if healthy he won't be a 100 catch guy this year.
If he's healthy he finishes the year as a top ten WR and has the potential to finish top 5.

Im completely fine with him never making a preseason appearance. Jordy Nelson. That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Bears coach John Fox was "terse and non-specific" when asked about Alshon Jeffery's calf injury on Tuesday.

Jeffery hasn't practiced since August 11. Fox's Tuesday attitude is alarming on its face, but the Bears' new head coach has already made it clear he thinks he doesn't owe anyone anything when it comes to injury information. Fox views the trivial details of his team as top secret information to be protected in a bunker. It's always concerning when a player misses nearly three weeks of practice, but there's still no compelling reason to believe Jeffery won't be ready for Week 1.

Source: Dan Wiederer on Twitter

Sep 1 - 2:25 PM

Rotoworld:

Bears coach John Fox was "terse and non-specific" when asked about Alshon Jeffery's calf injury on Tuesday.

Jeffery hasn't practiced since August 11. Fox's Tuesday attitude is alarming on its face, but the Bears' new head coach has already made it clear he thinks he doesn't owe anyone anything when it comes to injury information. Fox views the trivial details of his team as top secret information to be protected in a bunker. It's always concerning when a player misses nearly three weeks of practice, but there's still no compelling reason to believe Jeffery won't be ready for Week 1.

If I'm not mistaken, teams are not required to file injury reports in the preseason.

So why should (or would) Fox say anything? Where's the profit in it?

Rotoworld:

If I'm not mistaken, teams are not required to file injury reports in the preseason.

So why should (or would) Fox say anything? Where's the profit in it?
My thinking as well. Why give your opponents any inside info? Why make it easier for them to game plan?

The smoke is really starting to build. Fox may not like to divulge injury info but I doubt he'd keep him out of practice for 3 weeks if there wasn't a serious issue. Not liking this at all.

Did his leg fall off? Thought this was a calf pull.
That was the initial diagnosis but like usual, Fox has been very vague about the injury (it's been day-to-day for 21 days and counting). He hasn't returned to practice that I know of. Just doesn't jive well with me.

21 days and counting for a calf pull? I call BS!

Karlos Williams got his #### unraveled quicker than this.

Time to be concerned Alshon owners.

He is the focal point of that offense not sure why you would play him in pre-season. See Gronk....

Not worried in the least bit

He is the focal point of that offense not sure why you would play him in pre-season. See Gronk....

It's not that he hasn't played in games... it's that he hasn't practiced. At all. And they're installing a new offense under Gase...

It's definitely cause for concern. How much is up for interpretation, but...

I agree there is no reason for him to play in August.
is there also no reason for him to practice or learn a new role in a new offense?

I get it-Adrian Peterson is Adrian Peterson. He doesn't need to play in fake games but Alshon Jeffery isn't at a Calvin Johnson/Antonio Brown level yet. He is a young guys who needs practice time and needs to learn his new job.

Something is wrong here. Alshon hasn't practiced in three weeks. It's not a case of preserving health here. If that were true he'd be practicing and not playing in games.

Piecing info together, he was spotted in a walking boit early on, what kind of Non contact injury requires a walking boot and keeps you from practicing for 3 weeks? With a general description of calf being assigned to the injury?

Something is wrong here. Alshon hasn't practiced in three weeks. It's not a case of preserving health here. If that were true he'd be practicing and not playing in games.

Piecing info together, he was spotted in a walking boit early on, what kind of Non contact injury requires a walking boot and keeps you from practicing for 3 weeks? With a general description of calf being assigned to the injury?
Per ESPN, boots take the strain off of calves

My guess is the Bears are playing it safe with their top WR.

per ESPN boots take the strain off of calves

My guess is the Bears are playing it safe with their top WR.
That would be accurate. A boot immobilizes the ankle joint, which means you can't really flex your calf as you normally would while walking.

I think they're playing it safe, but I also think there's some issues here... you can't sit on the side for a month and then walk out on an NFL field and dominate.

I'm sure Alshon wants to play it very safe for his own reasons. He's playing for a new contract this year. Last thing he wants is to rush back. Much smarter to err on the side of caution.

i guess the good news is he hasn't had surgery yet... so it can't be THAT bad
They also can't seriously be planning on going into the season with Royal and Wilson as their starters.
What would be the alternative? The Panthers didn't plan to go in with Brown and Ginn and half-a-hammy Funchess but when Benjamin got hurt, teams weren't offering their WRs to the Panthers.

It actually makes me MORE concerned that this is so hush-hush because if he was going to be out there, they would be getting him ready and instead of answering the same question 100 times, they would say "Alshon will be out there Week 1." But if they are concerned, they would likely be more non-committal to not tip their hat because LOOK at their alternatives..

I just think there's something up.

They also can't seriously be planning on going into the season with Royal and Wilson as their starters.
What would be the alternative? The Panthers didn't plan to go in with Brown and Ginn and half-a-hammy Funchess but when Benjamin got hurt, teams weren't offering their WRs to the Panthers.

It actually makes me MORE concerned that this is so hush-hush because if he was going to be out there, they would be getting him ready and instead of answering the same question 100 times, they would say "Alshon will be out there Week 1." But if they are concerned, they would likely be more non-committal to not tip their hat because LOOK at their alternatives..

Agree. I don't like this situation. Pass.

Agree. I don't like this situation. Pass.
Had him last year. This year, was looking at a likely choice between Alshon and Evans. Alshon went one pick before me, so I took Evans.

As a Bears fan, I am not touching any Bears players this year. Schedule is nasty.
Nasty schedule + suspect defense = playing from behind = fantasy points in passing game, including garbage time.
True to a point unless it's a big blowout, but without Marshall, Alshon going to draw double coverage quite a bit. Hope I am wrong!
Dont worry. You are!
lol :thumbup: im thinking 100-1400-10-12 tds for Alshon if healthy. Im hoping they are just being very cautious with their Stud WR1 which I think they are.

count me in the worried camp. maybe they are being super smart and don't even want the small chance he doesn't heal 100% by a tweak in a practice, but man it isn't fun having no idea what is really going on.

Wouldn't be shocked if Marquess Wilson surprised some people this year.
Ive been high on Royal with Marshall being gone and the White being out for most of the year (if not all of it), but now is probably the time to bump Wilson. Royal's been going like 8th-10th round at this point but Wilson is essentially going undrafted.

Just drafted yesterday and took him in the 2-3 turn :wall: I thought when i read about him John fox was just toying with the media and didn't bother digging in deep. Now I'm reading everything and truly worried. Has anyone tried trading him and if so what for.

Users who are viewing this thread