What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

Brad BiggsVerified account@BradBiggs
#Bears WR Alshon Jeffery just walked onto the field and put gloves on. This is the first time media has seen him in more than a week.

2:54 PM - 3 Sep 2015
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2h2 hours ago

#Bears WR Alshon Jeffery not spotted at practice this morning
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2h2 hours ago

The good news is when media was permitted to watch practice WRs Eddie Royal and Marquess Wilson were active.
Trying to understand the "good news" part here.

Flipped him for Brandin Cooks and I couldn't be happier....

Knew it was a mistake to draft him, and these murky injury reports frustrate me to no end. Not sure what Fox thinks he is gaining here. The Packers know that Jeffery is on the team, right? And surely they'll game plan for him? And if he doesn't go and he gets replaced by some other scrub, won't that make the job easier? And they still know that Eddie Royal and Bennett are on the team too, right? So they'll make sure to account for them as well?

I didn't want to deal with the injury and also the frustration factor. So long, Alshon... hardly knew ya.

Knew it was a mistake to draft him, and these murky injury reports frustrate me to no end. Not sure what Fox thinks he is gaining here. The Packers know that Jeffery is on the team, right? And surely they'll game plan for him? And if he doesn't go and he gets replaced by some other scrub, won't that make the job easier? And they still know that Eddie Royal and Bennett are on the team too, right? So they'll make sure to account for them as well?

I didn't want to deal with the injury and also the frustration factor. So long, Alshon... hardly knew ya.
Good move. I drafted Cooks with Alshon still on the board.

at the 2-3 turn as the #1 overall pick i took Alshon and cooks and left evans on the board. Still like Alshon over Evans even after all this news. Evans has a hamstring problem and those tend to linger.

at the 2-3 turn as the #1 overall pick i took Alshon and cooks and left evans on the board. Still like Alshon over Evans even after all this news. Evans has a hamstring problem and those tend to linger.
I took Alshon over Evans as well but mystery calf injuries linger as well.

hope this is bogus info but someone left a comment stating that it's well known by doctors and people around the situation that Alshon will sit out at least 8 games so I thought I would throw it out there.. Really unlikely that Jeffrey plays first week don't be shocked when this happends. I hope he doesn't miss more then 3-4 in all honesty but doesn't look good :(

I think the bears org is a bunch of losers, first they say Kevin white just has shin splints, day later he ends up on IR. My gut is they are just playing it safe because you would think if he was seriously injured he would be on PUP list. This mystery is bs and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing this to people. Who are they fooling? this is utter non sense imo.

I think the bears org is a bunch of losers, first they say Kevin white just has shin splints, day later he ends up on IR. My gut is they are just playing it safe because you would think if he was seriously injured he would be on PUP list. This mystery is bs and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing this to people. Who are they fooling? this is utter non sense imo.
Didn't even think of that. forgot that if he was actually injured seriously he wouldn't be able to pass a physical test and be put on PUP. Atleast thats how I'm rationalizing this madness right now :bag: :rolleyes:

hope this is bogus info but someone left a comment stating that it's well known by doctors and people around the situation that Alshon will sit out at least 8 games so I thought I would throw it out there.. Really unlikely that Jeffrey plays first week don't be shocked when this happends. I hope he doesn't miss more then 3-4 in all honesty but doesn't look good :(
Source?

Didn't even think of that. forgot that if he was actually injured seriously he wouldn't be able to pass a physical test and be put on PUP. Atleast thats how I'm rationalizing this madness right now :bag: :rolleyes:
it sucks I have been shuffling google for info on this guy ever since I drafted him sunday late 2nd round... I sure hope this works out and he is ok. He has been off crutches and a walking boot for at least 3 weeks so this is really confusing what Chicago is trying to prove. MFL, Espn and FFtoday all think he is gonna play. I guess back up plan is grab Marquez wilson off waiver if he is there but really hope he is better off then practice status would indicate.

Source?
source may be just someone talking off their A@@ but it was a comment from a yahoo article so take it for what it's worth... Their isn't any credible sources saying he will miss time but their isn't any saying he will.

it sucks I have been shuffling google for info on this guy ever since I drafted him sunday late 2nd round... I sure hope this works out and he is ok. He has been off crutches and a walking boot for at least 3 weeks so this is really confusing what Chicago is trying to prove. MFL, Espn and FFtoday all think he is gonna play. I guess back up plan is grab Marquez wilson off waiver if he is there but really hope he is better off then practice status would indicate.
I drafted him late 2nd rd too on Sunday. Ive been :wall: ever since i dug into the injury report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonna try to find article... They played this game with Gabe Carimi and Kevin white.. Both injuries were supposed to be minor and turned in to Season ending injuries

I drafted him late 2nd rd too on Sunday. Ive been :wall: ever since i dug into the injury report.
i know it's driving me nuts, esp since I passed COOKS for him :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

this was said in comment section and It peaked interest. Take it for what its worth

It is common knowledge among the physical therapists society in Chicago and confirmed by the folks who are directly working with Jeffery that he will be out at games 8 games before he returns. Any chance on the bears winning more than 3 games.

Alshon Jeffery

Alshon Jeffery Verified account ‏@TeamJeffery_

Only 17 Days Chicago until its time to really BearDown. Im Ready to kick this season off right! https://instagram.com/p/66Bn8ltA0i/

5:18 PM - 27 Aug 2015

Doesn't sound like a player expecting to miss game time.
all that basically states is the Season will start in 17 days and bears will kickoff the season which is inevitable.
He says though "Im ready to kick this season off right" idk maybe I'm just nervous and looking for positives :unsure:

All im saying guy's is be prepared for the worst, hope for the best. I have a 10 Team ppr tomorrow and im gonna avoid him like the plague unless he falls to round 4-5. The secrecy surrounding this is stupid and uncalled for to be honest. Gabe Carimi, Kevin white, hopefully Jeffery isn't next.

a calf strain is a very easy inj to get over and is very minor.. no practice for a month seems to suggest its a tear or something more serious. calf sprain shouldn't even make you miss practice. Somethings up here guys, and im hitting the panic button. If he isn't practicing thur/fri make other plans most def.

I honestly hope he suits up and plays WEEK1 I own him in a dynasty and a redraft im just paranoid and worried now with all this secrecy.. Hope im wrong and they are just being super cautious.

not being able to practice for a month= minor calf sprain... doesn't add up.. Shin Splints anyone?
They've already lost White for the year, I'd say its pretty likely that they're being super cautious. Hell, the Redskins have sat Desean the entire preseason (including practices) with an AC joint sprain he could have played with two weeks ago at the latest. There's just no reason to risk these guys who already know the offense and have chemistry with the QB.

Alshon Jeffery

Alshon Jeffery Verified account ‏@TeamJeffery_

Only 17 Days Chicago until its time to really BearDown. Im Ready to kick this season off right! https://instagram.com/p/66Bn8ltA0i/

5:18 PM - 27 Aug 2015

Doesn't sound like a player expecting to miss game time.
all that basically states is the Season will start in 17 days and bears will kickoff the season which is inevitable.
Ready to kick off the season and "I" am ready to kick the season off mean two different things to Alshon owners. Im not worried in the slightest.

not being able to practice for a month= minor calf sprain... doesn't add up.. Shin Splints anyone?
They've already lost White for the year, I'd say its pretty likely that they're being super cautious. Hell, the Redskins have sat Desean the entire preseason (including practices) with an AC joint sprain he could have played with two weeks ago at the latest. There's just no reason to risk these guys who already know the offense and have chemistry with the QB.
but it's a new offense and it was brought out earlier that Alshon didn't work out with cutler or the team this offseason so are they really being cautious? I guess we hope as fantasy owners but we wont know anything til 12 noon on sunday with these bears clowns.

If he practices fully I guess you can play him but I'm glad I don't have this dilemma. As a speed guy he will not make much of a decoy with a bad calf, if it comes to that. And if the game devolves into garbage time, Jeffery might actually get rested instead of racking up points.

Source?
Exactly. Who left a comment...and where did they leave it?

Source?
Exactly. Who left a comment...and where did they leave it?
It was comment from a reader on a Yahoo article. It means nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread