What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

@RapSheet: #Bears WR Alshon Jeffery is progressing well from his calf injury. The hope is he'll play Sunday vs GB & he's making strides to get there.

Well, this sucks. No way he can be started unless this is all some charade which seems really unlikely.

A new player to hate...until he has a 150, 2 TD game.

Per Roto(Crap)world:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Alshon Jeffery (calf) is "progressing well," and that "the hope" is that he'll be ready for Sunday's opener against the Packers.
Per Rapsheet, Jeffery is "making strides to get there" for Week 1. It's still far from a guarantee that he'll suit up, but that's what the tea leaves have been suggesting. Bunkering down like it's the Cold War, the Bears are shedding no light on Jeffery's status, and prohibiting him from speaking to reporters. The Bears' first injury report will come out on Wednesday, but we might not get a comfortable feel for Jeffery's status until Friday.

hmmm... maybe we should start a "I'm starting ________ over Alshon this week" discussion

i'm thinking stevie johnson at this point

Soulfly3 said:
Jack White said:
It was comment from a reader on a Yahoo article. It means nothing.
Apparently sitting for an entire month means nothing to some of you as well...

so, there's that
You're pretty hung up on what a bunch of other people think, guy. Just do your thing, I don't know why you feel the need to keep going with these passive-aggressive comments towards a bunch of strangers who aren't running your team.

KellysHeroes said:
shady inc said:
hmmm... maybe we should start a "I'm starting ________ over Alshon this week" discussion

Either T Williams or Ryan Mathews, atleast Jeffery is a day game
For me either Percy Harvin or Cecil Shorts or Shane Vereen :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Jeffery dynasty owner, this has been a frustrating pre-season. The one thing that gives me some hope is that Jeffery battled through leg injuries last season to post some nice stats. So that at least tells me he can play while hurt.

KellysHeroes said:
shady inc said:

Either T Williams or Ryan Mathews, atleast Jeffery is a day game
For me either Percy Harvin or Cecil Shorts or Shane Vereen :wall:
Vereen all day
Just nervous with vereen and his new role in NY. i think he becomes a quality ppr back but the 1st game? I for some reason was leaning percy just because i can see rex just trying to get him the ball since shady is out and they have the mobile qb in taylor.

Latest update is that he seems to be progressing well but sources close to him think he's going to be cautious with it because this is a contract year and he doesn't want a more serious injury.

Pretty much if he practices he plays, if he doesn't he doesn't. Have to wait. It would probably hep if he at least shows up for light jogging and that kind of thing today or tomorrow.

so the first real injury report is due today - what forces the bears to be honest about it now? couldn't they still just say "calf strain" and "day to day" even if that isn't the real issue or time frame?

so the first real injury report is due today - what forces the bears to be honest about it now? couldn't they still just say "calf strain" and "day to day" even if that isn't the real issue or time frame?
I don't think you'll learn much today, other than his practice participation level.

The only official team injury report (P, Q, D, Out) comes after Friday's practice.

I don't think you'll learn much today, other than his practice participation level.

The only official team injury report (P, Q, D, Out) comes after Friday's practice.
if I remember right didn't marshall and jeffery sit out the whole week of practice last year one of the weeks and they were actually listed as DOUBTFUL and ended up playing, I think it was a sunday night game. One of the few times I ever seen a DOUBTFUL player end up playing esp after no practice. They may sit him out of practice all week and start him week 1 it's not out of the realm of possibility, happened last year.

he was listed D after Friday and media spewed how he is 80 percent not playing and ended up playing, Im sick of these games, sucks for fantasy owners who have Randle/Tevin coleman to play in his spot and would like to know what's up

I also passed him for Cooks/Ty last night 10 team ppr. You start 3 wr and I ended up drafting Abrown/Cooks/Ty in 1st,3rd,4th

Brown fell to 1.7 thought I was looking at Julio/Dez bc Brown went 1.2 in my 12 team ppr last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was well known that he would miss 8 games, he would be on the PUP list.
:goodposting:

A roster spot on the 53-man is way too valuable for an 8-week ruse. Up to about 4 weeks (and even that would be stretching it)? Possibly.

It's Wednesday, let's hope we hear something today. This guy needs to get on the field soon or things could be much worse than there letting on.

If it was well known that he would miss 8 games, he would be on the PUP list.
:goodposting:

A roster spot on the 53-man is way too valuable for an 8-week ruse. Up to about 4 weeks (and even that would be stretching it)? Possibly.
I agree but you hate hearing that type of stuff when your counting on the guy and they have been so secretive, not to mention how they handled Gabe Carimi, Kevin White and Alshon last year. Seen this movie before. it wouldn't be shocking is all im saying, cross your fingers and toes and hope he is ready to roll for us fantasy dorks who drafted this overvalued ding bat in the 2nd round lol

Hearing nothing out of Bears camp. Calf strain almost 4 weeks ago and no practice. I can't see him playing Sunday.

Just got him in a trade. The only league that I have him in and I only did the trade because it was Bell/Jeffery for Forte/Andre Johnson. Alshon is a dang good WR but here are my concerns:

1) His injury is one of those that tends to be a factor all season long and make players not 100%.

2) He will get a bunch of double teams all season long as the Bears have very little to worry about in the passing game other than Bennett and Forte- no other WR's.

On the other end, reasons for optimism are:

1) The Bears look to me to be horrible this year. I see them falling behind a ton this season which means more throwing.

2) No one else to throw to (the opposite of the double team argument).

3) I love this talent.

Just got him in a trade. The only league that I have him in and I only did the trade because it was Bell/Jeffery for Forte/Andre Johnson. Alshon is a dang good WR but here are my concerns:

1) His injury is one of those that tends to be a factor all season long and make players not 100%.

2) He will get a bunch of double teams all season long as the Bears have very little to worry about in the passing game other than Bennett and Forte- no other WR's.

1) The Bears look to me to be horrible this year. I see them falling behind a ton this season which means more throwing.

3) I love this talent.
Tatum Bell?

3) I love this talent.
Tatum Bell?
:lol: Le'veon no less.

3) I love this talent.
Tatum Bell?
Then you did that trade for Bell and got another gem as a throw in. Wow!

3) I love this talent.
Tatum Bell?
So there's a guy in your league that traded you a top-10 WR and the best RB in fantasy for a 30-year old RB and a 34-year old WR?

Nize work!

Users who are viewing this thread