Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ShaHBucks

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon

he should play I heard this all season last year and Im pretty sure it was worse and he was not even practicing and still playing. I think they are just being super cautious, ala Julio Jones

Last year and the year before he was on the injury report about every week and wasn't practicing everyday yet finished top 10. That's just the way it is with him.

This guy can't ever stay healthy. Forget that big contract.

Yet he finishes top 10 in ppr.
They don't give out big contracts based on where players finish in PPR leagues.

This guy can't ever stay healthy. Forget that big contract.

Yet he finishes top 10 in ppr.
They don't give out big contracts based on where players finish in PPR leagues.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that top 10 in PPR fake football would typically translate to a VERY solid season in real life football. After all you get points for receptions, yards and TDs. No?

• Like 1

Who's the WR that gets the most targets if Alshon can't play?

Forte?

103 catches don't get you titled a wr? Forte is a Rb/Wr

Edited by T with T

Who's the WR that gets the most targets if Alshon can't play?

Forte?

103 catches don't get you titled a wr? Forte is a Rb/Wr

Just ask Jimmy graham

So should we just be benching him this week regardless of news?

Edited by ATB

@RapSheet

#Bears WR Alshon Jeffery (hamstring, calf) will be out today vs. #AZCardinals, source said. The hope is a return next week to full health.

Agreed with Jimbo. No way you play Jeffery this week. Seattle is 0-2 and looking for some blood.... I predict a blowout.

Agreed with Jimbo. No way you play Jeffery this week. Seattle is 0-2 and looking for some blood.... I predict a blowout.

I can get on board with this, except in a blowout loss, they will be throwing a lot and the defense will be sitting back.

If he starts in a PPR, I'm playing him. My options are not good otherwise though with Dobson.

it seemed like sunday there was no chance he was suiting up.... my guess is he wont even be healthy to play this sunday making your decision easier. trying to determine if he is a buy low candidate or if i should just stay away given the lingering soft tissue injuries so far this year

Hamstring + Seattle + Clausen = recipe for disaster even if he plays

i hope he doesn't play honestly. makes it an easy decision to leave him on the bench

+1 I'm already short Dez but still have some options. I'd rather go without Jeffery this week than have to make a decision between him or another healthy WR. Let him sit out and get healthy so that he isn't dealing with this all season. If they keep rolling him out it could turn out like Megatron last year.

i hope he doesn't play honestly. makes it an easy decision to leave him on the bench

+1 I'm already short Dez but still have some options. I'd rather go without Jeffery this week than have to make a decision between him or another healthy WR. Let him sit out and get healthy so that he isn't dealing with this all season. If they keep rolling him out it could turn out like Megatron last year.

I think we all agree as fantasy owners we'd rather him sit out. Unfortunately, the teams don't care about that. If they feel he is good enough to play, even on a limited basis, he's going to play. It's the worst place to be as a fantasy owner.

I hope he rests up one more week. No reason to try to play through the injury in Seattle with Clausen.

Unless this is your first year following football, you must realize this is not how it works.

I think we all agree as fantasy owners we'd rather him sit out. Unfortunately, the teams don't care about that. If they feel he is good enough to play, even on a limited basis, he's going to play. It's the worst place to be as a fantasy owner.

I don't agree. It's not as simple as "if they feel he is good enough to play, even on a limited basis, he's going to play." They have a vested interest in Jeffrey not risking injury that could keep him out several weeks and that has to be a consideration. My guess is that we in the fantasy world are simply more risk averse. That is, NFL team certainly understand the risk but are more willing to roll the dice.

The owner and fans have an interest in keeping him healthy. The gm and coach have an interest in the team performing well right now. They might not be here when he's healthy.

I think if he plays, he's still borderline top 20, even with all that other junk. He will destroy Cary Williams, no reason to think Sherman will follow.

6-100-TD w/ Jimmy C.

I am sitting here, looking at him wondering if I should try and buy: The schedule is cake, he is in a contract year so i really doubt he 'shuts it down' or mails it in, and he's a borderline top 10 WR who might be able to be had for much less (Thinking of offering my Ingram?) Only cons to me are the soft tissue issues. Sometimes those don't go away, but he looked fine vs GB. maybe the tweak in practice was minor and they just didnt want to risk it. Maybe he's really close to 100%?

The owner and fans have an interest in keeping him healthy. The gm and coach have an interest in the team performing well right now. They might not be here when he's healthy.

If we're in week 14 and there is a shot at the playoffs I agree but we're talking week 2. No coach or GM in his right mind is going to knowingly risk losing a top player with so much of the season to go. It's counter productive to their success. I'll grant you this...it obviously depends on how much risk of reinjury we're talking AND if reinjured the damage that can be done. We're talking on too much of a 2D plane here and those two items weigh in on their decision.

and if he sat out last week to get him 100% healthy, you'd want to sit him out again this week? If he plays it's good news, it's the team saying they don't think he's risking more. If he sits it's bad news, and you'd have this same conversation next week. If you want to fast forward 5 weeks and say "i wish he sat week 3" that's one thing, but in a vacuum, it's better he plays. Look at TY Hilton last night, that was a good thing, not a bad thing. Same goes for Alshon

Seahwaks D has looked like hot garbage. At home though against Claussen you figure they should be looking solid again.

Any of the players you were thinking about starting him over the past 2 weeks (last week before it became official he was sitting out) I think are looking just as good depending on matchups.

I'm just hoping he isn't hurt like this all the time which some folks who have drafted him in the past were kind of indicating.

His value is zero with Jimmy

Zero?

He had 6-72-1 in the game Jimmy started last year vs. DET.

If my math is right, that's 19.2 points of value.

His value is zero with Jimmy

Zero?

He had 6-72-1 in the game Jimmy started last year vs. DET.

If my math is right, that's 19.2 points of value.

That was at home vs. the Lions with Jeffery healthy and this game is on the road at the Seahawks with Jeffery hurt.