What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

Heard on the radio this morning that Cam Chancelor has ended his holdout.
If this is true Alshon's value drops to pretty much nothing.
That would not drop his value to nothing even if he did play which he probably won't. He's missed all of training camp and two games. I'd think they'd give him more than a few days of practice to get ready. Missing a game against arguably the worst team in the league shouldn't be an issue.

That would not drop his value to nothing even if he did play which he probably won't. He's missed all of training camp and two games. I'd think they'd give him more than a few days of practice to get ready. Missing a game against arguably the worst team in the league shouldn't be an issue.
Staaahhp.

Didn't practice today. This guy has the healing properties of an 80 year old.
once he gets 2 LP's in during a week then you can start the clock for when he will be near full strength on field... i think you look 2 weeks out from next week (Assuming he gets in two LP's next week)

I am over this B.S. Do not let this kid hit the field until he is 100%. The question is, will it be before season's end?

I am over this B.S. Do not let this kid hit the field until he is 100%. The question is, will it be before season's end?
the fox media embargo is working on alshon. we have no idea what is going on other than he hasnt practiced since last friday when he aggrevated something

He reaggravated an injury that kept him out almost a month. I wouldn't count on him back to 100% anytime soon. Make other arrangements.

With the way they give info out he could have lost his leg in a shark attack and we wouldn't know so we are all just guessing.

I'd think best scenario is he comes back in a couple of weeks with Cutler and plays out strong to get that contract.

In reality he could probably just have a couple of good flashes to show the talent then put it on cruise control for the rest of the Bears season, which looks to be going down the toilet, and still get paid.

cutler and jeffrey LP today... if anything a wednesday practice participation this week bodes puts well for both players return week 5

Staaahhp.
That was a "#### up"

This is calling his dynasty status into question a little. This is a contract year and they're dumping guys really early. Cutler could and probably should be a casualty, which might mean Alshon is either playing elsewhere or playing with a rookie qb. I fear change.

Out for week 4... Im so glad I made that trade for him on Monday... Monday Night I traded Lacy, Alshon for Forsett and D. Hopkins in ppr. Im giggity and it may be the turning point on my season and championship run.

Well this sucks. Hope he gets healthy.

For those who need a last minute replacement, I picked up Robert Woods, should hopefully get some action with Watkins out this week.

My other fill in options were Wheaton, who played last night and I didn't start or players on a bye.

What kind of trades have you guys seen in redraft, involving Jeffery? In a 12 team redraft, .5 PPR, I offered Steve Smith earlier this week (after week 3 games) in a one-for-one deal. Jeffery owner declined immediately, and w/ no counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually glad they are keeping him out. Would have hated the Calvin scenario be played out where they truck him out there every week.

Glad I drafted both he and Dez this year.

:ptts:

Not to mention my kicker situation (drafted 3 weeks before the season...have to draft and hold 2....went with Sturgis and Parkey). When Sturgis was cut, we are allowed a "free" preseason move and I picked up Scobee.

Now at some point I will have to use a non-free move to replace Parkey and Scobee sucks too.

Somehow still 2-1.

What kind of trades have you guys seen in redraft, involving Jeffery? In a 12 team redraft, .5 PPR, I offered Steve Smith earlier this week (after week 3 games) in a one-for-one deal. Jeffery owner declined immediately, and w/ no counter.
that was an awfully rich offer for him.

last week in 12 team 0.5ppr i acquired alshon for stevie j and watkins.... alshon owner needed help at WR so was kind of desperate.... i had a ton of WR depth so was willing to roll dice on alshon... i'm concerned mostly about cutler's health. given alshon was limited all week after not practicing prior to week 3... i'd expect him back for week 5... but cutler to me is the key to alshon's value ROS...

He has gone from a guy I really wanted to a guy I didn't care about in 3 days. I'm done with this injury and team.

Any idea about his status this week. Seems like a good time to get rolling-Cutler back, juicy matchup. If he doesn't go, I'm looking at Royal or Wilson on waivers. Any preference between the two?

This is the week to buy Jeffery. He starts to turn it around in week 5. Granted, by week 8 he will most likely have some type of injury, but this could be his breakout week.

Users who are viewing this thread