Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ShaHBucks

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon

The longer this goes the smaller his next contract will be. Pretty missed the first 5 games already from an injury he sustained a month before the season. Ugh

He's going to be a monster down the stretch. I'm extremely lucky to be 4-0 in one league where he's my WR3 (also getting screwed by Evans recently). I've gotten lucky with the H2H matchups but I'm hoping down the stretch, if Jeffery is healthy, my PPG will start to match my flukey record. I'm sure there are others in a similar position.

Jeffrey's injury and his general approach throughout last year and this year have me a little worried. Although Marshall is a complete #####, he was aa good mentor for Jeffrey on the field and obviously during prep time. Jeffrey came into the combine or pro day overweight and didn't exactly have a history of a strong work ethic. With Marshall now gone, it has me wondering how Jeffery is going to do. Not much yet and no one to keep him in line, which you would think he would've figured out by now.

I know, I know. :ptts: But I know there are others out there in a similar position where they're disappointed in Jeffery so far, but doing well enough in spite of it that they're more excited to see him back than pissed about him being out. There's also an opportunity to buy Jeffery from someone watching the weeks slip away without W's, someone who is otherwise built to win now and Jeffery is ruining their season...someone looking towards the playoffs might be able to buy him at a reasonable price from someone desperate for production now and profit.

Wow i really messed up picking him and cooks in my 2-3 turn....

I did the same thing and in a QB heavy scoring league took Luck in the first. Somehow I'm 3-1 with my first 3 picks doing nothing and starting Bortles. If Jeffrey doesn't play this weekend I'm in big trouble.

Would you offer Cooks for Alshon?

I own Alshon and pretty much disgusted with the situation and I wouldn't take that offer.

I own Alshon and pretty much disgusted with the situation and I wouldn't take that offer.

Would you take it if you were 1-4 and starting Calvin, Anquan and Moncrief this week?

Would you take it if you were 1-4 and starting Calvin, Anquan and Moncrief this week?

Probably not. I'm pretty stubborn though and feel like Cooks was over drafted.

It's a good offer that is fair though.

So,I wonder how many of us passed over Hopkins to take Jeffrey or cooks? It boggles the imagination...

Guilty.

My concern with Hopkins was QB(s).

• Like 1

So,I wonder how many of us passed over Hopkins to take Jeffrey or cooks? It boggles the imagination...

Guilty.

Sadly... was so high on cooks, didn't even consider Hopkins.

I'm still punching myself in the sack for taking Cooks over Hopkins in 2 leagues. It was really close for me, but I opted to go w/ the QB as a tie-breaker. I can't find a WR to play alongside Julio, and I passed on Hopkins, a likely top 5 when it's all said & done this year. SMDH. I never considered Jeffrey in all honesty, in any of my drafts.

In my keeper league(I kept Jordy Nelson pre-injury). At pick 7 I was bird-doggin' Alshon and Cooks, with DeAndre 3rd in line. Draft came and took Alshon because of proven commodity type decision.

I still hope the second half of the season will pay off. James Jones and Rishard Matthews have helped for the first quarter of the season.

In my keeper league(I kept Jordy Nelson pre-injury). At pick 7 I was bird-doggin' Alshon and Cooks, with DeAndre 3rd in line. Draft came and took Alshon because of proven commodity type decision.

I still hope the second half of the season will pay off. James Jones and Rishard Matthews have helped for the first quarter of the season.

You made the right decision, you just didn't end up with the expected result. Alshon was taken ahead of Hopkins in virtually every draft. If Jeffery had been available where I took Hopkins I would have taken him ahead of Hop. Sometimes it's the players we don't get that end up making the difference between a good or bad season. I had Jeffery ranked 9th on my board to Hopkins' 13th. Alshon is still likely to be top 12 going forward from the time he's finally healthy. Great buy low for those who can find an impatient or desperate owner. I will say that I should have paid more attention to his injury and downgraded Alshon in my rankings prior to the draft. A lot of injured players went too high in the draft because their preseason injuries were not taken seriously enough. Well looky there, I think I just contradicted my opening remark.

• Like 1

Guilty.

Me to, but I did the only thing a Shark can do, Traded for Hopkins 2 weeks ago. I gave up both bums I overdrafted in a 12 team ppr. Looks like complete highway robbery at the moment. I gave up Lacy (4th overall pick) and Alshon (21st overall pick) for D. Hopkins and J. Forsett. Last week My team killed it and this week is looking better. I was 0-3 with the former clowns so a shake up had to be done. Im just glad I pulled trigger. I was as giddy as a 12 year old girl in a make up store when he accepted that deal.

I'm still punching myself in the sack for taking Cooks over Hopkins in 2 leagues. It was really close for me, but I opted to go w/ the QB as a tie-breaker. I can't find a WR to play alongside Julio, and I passed on Hopkins, a likely top 5 when it's all said & done this year. SMDH. I never considered Jeffrey in all honesty, in any of my drafts.

TOP 5??? he looks like TOP 3 at worst and maybe the best. Brown has no QB and Julio is always getting dinged up and hurt. I think the thing alot of people forget is Deandre never missed a game in College or Pros. Thats' impressive and stellar for sure and should be part of the ranking top wrs... I feel as if Julio has higher ceiling but the guy is Mr. Hammy. At the moment my top 3 are Julio/Abrown/D Hopkins

YES!!! You're in there!

Dude. You got my hopes up.

YES!!! You're in there!

Dude. You got my hopes up.
You share a team with Connskin?!?

Take this with a grain of salt, but as a Bears fan, I wouldn't get my hopes up on Alshon. Been out for most of 2 months with a calf and hamstring injury. Hearing very little about progress or return to field. Doesn't mean he won't be back soon but it's not good it's taken this long and still very little word. Bad time for him with his last year of rookie contract. His comments on the situation aren't very reassuring either.

Edited by flapgreen

I knew I should have taken Deandre Hopkins

Vent complete.

Makes two of us, bro. Had to make the choice early 3rd. Came down to who had the more questionable QB situation. Whoops!

Take this with a grain of salt, but as a Bears fan, I wouldn't get my hopes up on Alshon. Been out for most of 2 months with a calf and hamstring injury. Hearing very little about progress or return to field. Doesn't mean he won't be back soon but it's not good it's taken this long and still very little word. Bad time for him with his last year of rookie contract. His comments on the situation aren't very reassuring either.

Good points. I think it makes him a buy-low opportunity. If you can get him for a decent price, you gain a WR1 whenever he can play.

I know he's not hurt on purpose, so that's not the angle I'm taking when I post this:

Every game he sits out has to be slowly dwindling his future signing bonus. Maybe he'll go nuts over the second half of 2015 ... but at this point, can another team pay him a top-3 WR contract in free agency?

Read that the hope is he is back next week.

Been reading that for the last two weeks

Read that the hope is he is back next week.

Been reading that for the last two weeks

Yup. He's been day to day since August 8th.

I know he's not hurt on purpose, so that's not the angle I'm taking when I post this:

Every game he sits out has to be slowly dwindling his future signing bonus. Maybe he'll go nuts over the second half of 2015 ... but at this point, can another team pay him a top-3 WR contract in free agency?

He is probably being more cautious than usual with this. If he pushes it and ends up re-injuring himself he would be out for more time and it would hurt his contract even more. He wants to come out and make some freakish plays. Not get shut down playing hobbled. I think taking some extra healing time is the most beneficial for the contract negotiations. Make sure you don't get re-injured and that all the play tape is gold.

-a hopeful Jeffrey owner

I agree

All i know is that somehow Chicago is winning without him. I actually might not try and sell him and just hold because when he comes back this offense could actually be really good and could easily see Cutler just forcing it to jeffrey like he did marshall

All i know is that somehow Chicago is winning without him. I actually might not try and sell him and just hold because when he comes back this offense could actually be really good and could easily see Cutler just forcing it to jeffrey like he did marshall

Solid point. That's the kind of qb Jay is. He just locks on to the guy he has the most familiarity with.

i didn't get the impression he was really that close to playing this week. with that in mind, i'm hoping he sits out week 6 as well, then the bye is week 7, and hopefully back week 8 pretty close to 100%

i didn't get the impression he was really that close to playing this week. with that in mind, i'm hoping he sits out week 6 as well, then the bye is week 7, and hopefully back week 8 pretty close to 100%

The quote he gave Thursday was "hopes to be back soon". If i had to wager, if bet for a return after the bye.

Avoided Alshon like the plague in drafts this year. I never like drafting a player already injured, but his injur(ies?) sounded worse than advertised from the get go.

That said, considering trying to trade for him at this point. After 2 months, he cant still be that far away, right? :unsure:

Thinking of trading Cooks for him.

They have their bye week after this week's game versus Detroit. That's going to be awfully tempting to just sit him out so he gets 2 more full weeks.

@ClaytonESPN said today on ESPN 1000 that WR Alshon Jeffery is simply "not happy" w/o Brandon Marshall in Chicago. #Bears

Ahhhh...poor little Alshon lost his BFF. I hope he is not insinuating that this is why he is taking so long to get back on the field. Shed the panties and get out there and do what you are paid millions to do. Unbelievable if true.

That's been obvious for a while. If you can't be enough of a professional to put forth all your effort because someone you like is not with you, then you need to move on. Life isn't perfect, Alshon. Suck it up and be a man.

Maybe he is angling for a trade. I would oblige if this is true, regardless of the message it sends. Cant have that kind of outright me-first attitude in a winning locker room. Should still be able to get a great return for him. Young, near elite WR. Wonder what the Ravens or Panthers would pony up for him right now. Could completely change their season.

@ClaytonESPN said today on ESPN 1000 that WR Alshon Jeffery is simply "not happy" w/o Brandon Marshall in Chicago. #Bears

wow, not misleading at all.

At 1:17:43 of the podcast, Carmen says "The word around the campfire is he's not happy anymore, he doesn't like the fact that Brandon Marshall is gone, he might not want to commit to this team long term. Are you hearing any of that and do the bears have to consider trading him"

John Clayton: "Heard it, uhh, but the problem in trading him are you going to get value." and then he goes on about the trade/comp possibilities.

It's hardly Clayton saying what Leming says he did.

• Like 1

Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL

11:34 AM - 13 Oct 2015

wow, not misleading at all.

At 1:17:43 of the podcast, Carmen says "The word around the campfire is he's not happy anymore, he doesn't like the fact that Brandon Marshall is gone, he might not want to commit to this team long term. Are you hearing any of that and do the bears have to consider trading him"

John Clayton: "Heard it, uhh, but the problem in trading him are you going to get value." and then he goes on about the trade/comp possibilities.

It's hardly Clayton saying what Leming says he did.

That makes a lot more sense.