Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ShaHBucks

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon

In hindsight. I'd take his 16 points in my starting lineup. I feel slightly better that he didn't get a TD. I'll be back to starting him with confidence next week

I changed my mind at the last minute and put him in for Cobb.

I had just acquired him in a deadline deal, but I did so with Week 13 and the playoffs in mind.

Then I figured, screw the perceived floor of Cobb, I'm going for it!

Only a 2.6-point difference, but I'll take it.

Would have been great to convert on one of his end zone targets....but him coming out of the game in 1 piece and having a long time between the next game is the most important thing!

With Luck out, Im stuck with Cutler and picked up Winston this week (dropped Tyrod). I sat Cutler last night mostly due to the weather, but with Jeffery (mostly) healthy I like his prospects for the ROS, and actually I think he's been playing well despite little recognition of that. SF, WAS, @MIN, @TB is not bad at all for the Bears passing game.

Anyone else think one of those RZ targets should have been ruled a TD? Can't remember which but he clearly had both feet in while falling out of bounds and caught the ball before his right foot lifted off the ground.

I was pretty pissed there was no challenger or review. Epic catch.

In non-ppt, he only produced 9 pts last night. Not great.

Edited by ATB

He looked healthy out there last night. Could have easily had 2 TDs as well.

On a night will very little offense, Alshon still came up large.

Anyone else think one of those RZ targets should have been ruled a TD? Can't remember which but he clearly had both feet in while falling out of bounds and caught the ball before his right foot lifted off the ground.

I was pretty pissed there was no challenger or review. Epic catch.

In non-ppt, he only produced 9 pts last night. Not great.

I didn't see the second half. The one in the first half was close, but definitely the correct call. I thought at first his shin might have barely touched in, but I didn't see anything to prove that it did.

Edited by Jack White

We need 4 weeks of elite WR1 production. I hope the kid has it in him

There's no doubt he has the skill, and Cutler isn't shy about force-feeding Alshon the targets.

Choo mother####ing choo.

I am on board.

Changed my team name today to Alshon's rawls and big johnson.

I am hoping it is a tribute to the 3 players that take me to the promised land.

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??

Yes over LaFell, easy choice. I'm considering starting him over Fitzgerald. The only reservation on Jeffery this week is it's also a great week for Forte and Langford. Only so many TD's to go around. Perhaps Jeffery gets 2, and each RB 1?

When I see there are new posts in this topic, I assume it's people posting about a new injury. Don't scare me like that!!

• Like 1

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??
What exactly has LaFell done well this year besides drop the ball? Jeffery has been exceptional at times and would be an easy top 10-WR if he remained healthy which he apparently is now.

With the uncertainty of NE game planning, this is a no brainer choice.

When I see there are new posts in this topic, I assume it's people posting about a new injury. Don't scare me like that!!

Lol!! Same here

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??
What exactly has LaFell done well this year besides drop the ball? Jeffery has been exceptional at times and would be an easy top 10-WR if he remained healthy which he apparently is now.

Pretty sure Grateful Zed got you guys to bite on this one.

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??

I don't know Zed's persona but if he lured me in, bravo. I could see people getting a stiffy for LaFell's Philly matchup though.

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??

I don't know Zed's persona but if he lured me in, bravo. I could see people getting a stiffy for LaFell's Philly matchup though.

Perhaps, but prioritizing matchup when the talent differential is that vast is begging for trouble.

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??

Perhaps, but prioritizing matchup when the talent differential is that vast is begging for trouble.

I totally agree but I see it happen every year and every league against me (thankfully!).

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??

yahoo actually has lafell ranked higher. i was prolly going with jefferies anyway, but thought i might be missing something.

ive been waiting for lafell to break out as i was high on him after his finish last season. jefferies has been inconsistant and thought this might be the week.

start him over lafell?

Seriously ??

yahoo actually has lafell ranked higher. i was prolly going with jefferies anyway, but thought i might be missing something.

ive been waiting for lafell to break out as i was high on him after his finish last season. jefferies has been inconsistant and thought this might be the week.

It's Jeffery, but you can call him Alshon.

Not sure what Yahoo's smoking, but nobody else has LaFell ranked higher than Alshon.

Alshon is a must-start stud. LaFell is a one-week sleeper, and only because he plays the Eagles.

questionable again.

start him over sneed and dez?

Same wrs... I'm starting him over dez and Sneed. If he's not active, I'll plug in Sneed. Dez is not startable over those guys for me. When Jeffery has been out there, he's been pretty good. Edited by top dog

Anyone have any insight on his calf injury? He got free and clear of the injury report for one glorious week, but now he's back on it with the calf injury (as well as being sick). Is the calf something he's been playing through for a couple weeks or is it a new injury?

With Chicago's policy of not giving very good injury updates it will be pretty much impossible to trust this guy next week if you make the finals.

Hamstring injury today.

So Alshon Jeffery has dealt with calf (x2), groin, hamstring (x2), and shoulder injuries. Had a hamstring ailment earlier in the year, now has another. Had the obvious calf thing earlier and was dealing with that coming into this week.

The guy is a big target hog when healthy, but he's been banged up a ton this year. I doubt I'll own him on many teams next year as I will downgrade him a good amount in my rankings regardless of what situation he ends up in because of his clear durability concerns. If he falls to my liking, I'll take him, but I doubt I'll own him on many teams next season.

Hamstring injury today.

So Alshon Jeffery has dealt with calf (x2), groin, hamstring (x2), and shoulder injuries. Had a hamstring ailment earlier in the year, now has another. Had the obvious calf thing earlier and was dealing with that coming into this week.

The guy is a big target hog when healthy, but he's been banged up a ton this year. I doubt I'll own him on many teams next year as I will downgrade him a good amount in my rankings regardless of what situation he ends up in because of his clear durability concerns. If he falls to my liking, I'll take him, but I doubt I'll own him on many teams next season.

I will need to see him seek out some personal training help that targets the soft tissue injuries if I draft him again next year. This helped Isaac Bruce in the middle of his career a great deal.

Alshon Jeffery was a big fat bust this season. I hope Chicago lets him walk....right into New England's locker!!!

Anyone playing him this week? Hard to have even the slightest faith in him.

I hope he plays.

After losing Ingram, Rawls, Yeldon and LeSean in the span of three games, I have to start CJA or Ware. If Alshon doesn't play, I'll have to start both.

Have to wait and see...I really need him especially since I'm likely gonna sit Megatron.

Have to wait and see...I really need him especially since I'm likely gonna sit Megatron.

He's a huge ? I have Moncrief or Brown to fall back on but I'd much rather play Jeffery. I wonder what his off season work out regiment is like? I just can't remember so many damn soft tissue injuries to one player before. Maybe Jordy?

I think I'm going to sit him for Aiken or Antonio Gates. We won't get any info from Chicago, he will be listed as Questionable and can leave the game at any time just or be a decoy the whole game.

If I'm a team there is no way I'm giving this player big time WR money. Im sure some team will pay up though. Won't be touching him in a redraft unless it's around round 5 or so.

Edited by The General

I think I'm going to sit him for Aiken or Antonio Gates. We won't get any info from Chicago, he will be listed as Questionable and can leave the game at any time just or be a decoy the whole game.

If I'm a team there is no way I'm giving this player big time WR money. Im sure some team will pay up though. Won't be touching him in a redraft unless it's around round 5 or so.

This is exactly why I think if he plays I will start him. He has two games left to go get a lot of money.