What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

No idea what to expect because of weather, but if throwing ball difficult, I figure they will try and get Alshon some reverses as they often do once a game even when weather is not a factor.

Rotoworld:

Alshon Jeffery caught seven passes for 83 yards in Week 11 versus the Ravens.
Jeffery was targeted a game-high 11 times, one more than Brandon Marshall, and led the team in receiving. He continues to impress as a well-rounded receiver. Jeffery can rack up yards post-catch and is a legit vertical threat. His game wasn't affected much by the strong winds and sloppy weather. Jeffery continues to produce like a solid WR2 and will be a top-20 receiver next week against the Rams.

Have started this guy without blinking the past 5 or 6 weeks. Even when he doesn't put up the numbers or come down with the passes, he's still being heavily involved and targeted.

Looking at right around a 1200 yard season, which is mighty impressive considering I think the general consensus coming into this year was about 800 yards.

If you watch him play -he is a slow CJ or a fast J Graham.

That is as desirable as it gets. The only other player type at WR is Brown - so uber quick.

Green light all day on Jeffrey.

close to top 10 and a WR1 in many leagues...

helped by the huge games week 4-5, but after the hiccup week 6, remarkably consistent the last month...

WRs with his length, speed, agility, body control and ball skills are rare...

he will go significantly higher next year in redraft and dynasty start ups than he did this year...

with blackmon's problems and floyd inconsistent, he has a chance to be the top WR from the class of '12, long term.

TY hilton and kendall wright have also played well... josh gordon probably the most talented, but he also has off field concerns...

8-169-1 with an 80 yard TD reception.

over 1,000 yards through just 3/4 of the season...

pacing for 1,300+ yards...

doing it without cutler lately...

ahead of WRs like dez bryant and vincent jackson in yardage (bryant does have 9 TDs).

* he will crack the top 10 in receiving yardage after today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raider Nation said:
I have Jeffery AND Gordon going in the same league. Opponent crafting a noose for himself.

:banned:
I have Jeffrey and Peterson and I'm a Viking fan. Very fun watching the game today :-)

Week 15; Bears @ Browns. We'll find out just how much respect Jeffery is commanding when you see who Haden is covering.

(Please be Marshall... Please be Marshall...)

Alshon Jeffery emerging as one of NFL's top receivers

By Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

By the end of October, Around The League openly wondered if the Chicago Bears' second-year receiver Alshon Jeffery might be every bit as good as Brandon Marshall. A month later, we anointed Jeffery and Marshall the NFL's best wide receiver duo.

1. So what could Jeffery do for an encore?

Last week's 249-yard effort against the Minnesota Vikings was the eighth-highest total in the past decade.

More impressive than just the numbers, though, was the fashion in which Jeffery sliced and diced the Vikings secondary. As I noted on Wednesday's "Around The League Podcast," this was one of the best performances I've seen from a wide receiver in the past three decades.

Take a look at the highlight package at the top of the page. Jeffery moves the chains, dives for a ball over the middle, picks up first downs by making defenders miss after the catch, outraces a pair of defenders for an 80-yard score and pulls down one of the most acrobatic touchdowns possible.

Slants, screens, go routes, end-arounds. You name it, Jeffery excels at it.

At the three-quarter season mark, only Calvin Johnson and Josh Gordon have more yards from scrimmage than Jeffery's 1,224. Jeffery joins the short list of big, physical receivers capable of winning at the point of the catch, blowing the top off defenses deep and making tacklers miss with the ball in his hands.

When comparing two great receivers on the same team, I defer to the one beating double teams. As for Gregg Rosenthal, he believes Jeffery has already overtaken Marshall as the most dangerous receiver on the Bears roster.

It might not be long before defensive coordinators agree, opting to flip their top cover corner to Jeffery's side of the field.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" debates the Seahawks' Super Bowl chances and asks "Who do you trust?" as the playoffs approach.

I hope the cold weather slows him this week.

It will be tough rooting for the Bears but against Jeffery and McCown.

I hope Forte runs right through them but very methodically. Grind that clock.

And Murray does the same but with a bomb to Dez now and then.

Thanks for sharing.

The concern now is will Marshall continue to see double teams, or will Alshon? It's practically impossible to double both and stop the run. Tampa 2 coverage leaves too many zones for these guys to operate. Any matchup theories from those familiar with Dallas D tendencies?

As far as handicapping Jeffery's upside Are you guys worried that Cutler is back?

As far as handicapping Jeffery's upside Are you guys worried that Cutler is back?
No.
Hmm, what about drawing Joe Haden?
Definitely a concern. Haden had struggled more with quick, small WRs (A. Brown, Shorts) than with big, physical WRs. That said, you're not going to sit Jeffery unless you also have Calvin and Gordon on your roster, so just cross your fingers that he spends most of the afternoon on Marshall.

Was very wrong about this guy coming out.

Didn't think he had it in him to put in the work and do like he is now after how his last year or so at SC went.

He is a beast...especially with Marshall on the other side of the field.

Perfect when Cutler is throwing passes up for grabs like the TD today.

Mike and mike were talking to Marshall this morning. Marshall said he made it a point to take Jeffrey under his wing and bring him to workouts...

Top 5 dynasty WR? Very few players I would trade him for...
I think this is right. The list of guys I would want over Jeffery right now in dynasty is pretty short:

Calvin

Gordon

AJ Green

Julio Jones
Gordon's one strike from being suspended for a year. He and Jeffery are 4/5 for me, but I don't think I'd trade Jeffery for Gordon... but that's such a small margin. It's weird to think Jeffery being top 5

Users who are viewing this thread