What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

After the slow start with the bad hammy, hes on pace for 82/1320. Gotta think one of those huge multi TD games is coming down the pipe sometime soon.

Ladsud said:
After the slow start with the bad hammy, hes on pace for 82/1320. Gotta think one of those huge multi TD games is coming down the pipe sometime soon.
That earworm Marshall will do everything he can to get in Cutler's head to prevent that kind of game from ever happening for Alshon again.

Got offered a him for a 1st and 2nd 2015 pick in a non-ppr dyno...I'm thinking this is too much. The bears can't support 1 wr, let along two plus bennent and forte.

I'm thinking a redraft sell for a solid WR2 with some upside is a steal. See him going down for the remainder of the year. Looks like Cutler is shutting it down.

Got offered a him for a 1st and 2nd 2015 pick in a non-ppr dyno...I'm thinking this is too much. The bears can't support 1 wr, let along two plus bennent and forte.

I'm thinking a redraft sell for a solid WR2 with some upside is a steal. See him going down for the remainder of the year. Looks like Cutler is shutting it down.
Alshon is a WR2 with some upside.

Think ahead a little bit.

I haven't watched Alshon a ton in the past..so I am just going off last night's game. He doesn't look all that athletic with the ball in his hands..like his running is labored or something. Now I realize CHI overall was a dumpster fire of epic proportions last night..but did anyone else see this?

If Marshall is out for a game or 2 with Minn and TB next 2 games at home, could be a great stretch coming up for Jeffery.

I haven't watched Alshon a ton in the past..so I am just going off last night's game. He doesn't look all that athletic with the ball in his hands..like his running is labored or something. Now I realize CHI overall was a dumpster fire of epic proportions last night..but did anyone else see this?

If Marshall is out for a game or 2 with Minn and TB next 2 games at home, could be a great stretch coming up for Jeffery.
Alshon is a better WR than athlete. The good news is if Cutler can actually get the ball up high near him, he comes down with amazing catches.

He does kind of run awkward...like a deer with legs too long. But somehow he makes it work. He's one of the best on those WR reverses.

Rotoworld:

Alshon Jeffery caught 9-of-13 targets for 71 yards and two touchdowns in Chicago's Week 13 loss to the Lions.

Jeffery was a rare bright spot for the non-competitive Bears, often running free over the middle of the field. Both of his scores came in the first quarter, but a dinking and dunking Bears team couldn't drive the ball for the game's final 45 minutes. Now up to 67/854/7 on the season, Jeffery is on pace for 89/1,139/9. The seven scores are already as many as Jeffery had in 2013.

Nov 27 - 4:02 PM

Whoo fantasy aspect!!! Mr. Jeffrey, welcome to the big time. Marshall out for the season, let's see what you can really do when you are the #1.

I know nobody cares, but if you are bored and want a good story, the fact I'm in the championship game in this league is nothing short of a miracle.

Week 13, I needed three teams to lose, and I needed to win, and outscore one of those three teams by about 20 points. It all happened. If any of those teams are playing each other that week, I have no shot. Then in round one of the playoffs, I beat an absolutely loaded team which blasted me by about 80 points two weeks earlier. And now this with Jeffery, which doesn't even happen if the Saints get a 1st down without scoring.

I'll never criticize the Fantasy Gods again. :)

You say that now, but when the resurgent Thomas Jones only needs like a point or two for you, and then after 4 yards he breaks his ##### and you lose (while waking up at like 6am because you happen to be in Hawaii at the time, to boot) - YOU WILL CRITICIZE AGAIN.

For now, rock on. :mullet:

TITLE GAME! This after benching Lacy, starting Stafford, and trusting Manziel to get the ball to Gordon and Cameron!

I know nobody cares, but if you are bored and want a good story, the fact I'm in the championship game in this league is nothing short of a miracle.

Week 13, I needed three teams to lose, and I needed to win, and outscore one of those three teams by about 20 points. It all happened. If any of those teams are playing each other that week, I have no shot. Then in round one of the playoffs, I beat an absolutely loaded team which blasted me by about 80 points two weeks earlier. And now this with Jeffery, which doesn't even happen if the Saints get a 1st down without scoring.

That's awesome. Clearly all due to your skill, too.

So any hope for this guy with Fox coming in or is Cutler going to still be the huge dumpster fire he has been? Still think Jeffery has the potential to run with guys like Green, Dez, and OBJr.

Everything he has done has been with Cutler so I don't see how the Cutler+Jeffery connection will ever be an issue. I think it's the Cutler + coach connection that the issue was. I'm hoping new coaches will bring some life back to the team and help everyone.

So any hope for this guy with Fox coming in or is Cutler going to still be the huge dumpster fire he has been? Still think Jeffery has the potential to run with guys like Green, Dez, and OBJr.
I'm a Bears fan and owned Alshon this year, so I watched every snap.

He's above average, but not in a class with those guys.

Jeffery the official #1 in ChiTown after Bears trade of Brandon Marshall. What should we be expecting this season and further down the line?

Users who are viewing this thread