What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Post your thoughts and comments here.

I'll start off

QB: Vick 7

RB: Ingram 6

WR: CJ 5, Brown 4, T. Smith 8

TE: Davis 9, Witten 5

Couldn't resist Witten late in the 6th as he usually goes in the 2nd. That's enough of a discount that I can wait until the second half of the season for him to return. I actually considered him at the 4/5 turn but passed because of Davis. He should be back when the teams thin and injuries mount. Looking for a 20+ score at TE later in the season.

On a ppg basis, Vick outscores Newton this year. I have him on par with Stafford. Normally wouldn't take him in the second but at the time I knew Davis/Finley/Witten would be there at 3.3 so I pulled the trigger.

Feel good about my WRs but still have some work to do here.

Got crushed at RB. I can't believe how quick you guys are pulling the trigger in this draft. Ingram should be a serviceable part of a committee if I can actually draft a committee.

ARod is running away with this draft.

Gronk - Elite TE.

AJ - mid 2nd is a steal. 1st rd ppg talent.

FJax - meh, but solid in this format.

Matthews - His 3rd 1st round talent on his roster. Absolute steal in the 4th. Was hoping he would fall to me.

Garcon - Decent WR2. Thank god Bowe didn't fall to him.

Ben R - 6th rd? Seriously? 15th QB off the board.

Unless he gets killed by injuries we could be palying for 2nd place.

Sniped by

Hook - Welker in the 2nd

Fiddles - Decker at 4/5 turn

Sinrman - VJax at 4/5 turn

Hook - DeAngelo in the 6th

can't believe I got snaked on Locker by B####### .....was a picked I had planned a day or two ago .....damned writer to had to tweet he won the job this morning :boxing:

can't believe I got snaked on Locker by B####### .....was a picked I had planned a day or two ago .....damned writer to had to tweet he won the job this morning :boxing:
would have been my next pick as well....even before announcement was official seemed like he has the best upside of any qb left...

Blue Kun going with the 3 QB set.... interesting!
Honestly I was amazed Big Ben and Schaub were still there and I'm unsurprised Rudnicki jumped all over it. Wouldn't have bothered with Cutler had I known those guys would drop to the 6th round. At that point in the draft though I saw very little value from any other position, either the player would be there next round or I'd be reaching. Hillis was the only other guy I considered. By round five I had already given up on the idea of having a balanced squad. Might as well be really good at two areas and just hope for mass WR's to salvage.

'Captain Hook said:
Toss up between him and one other. Seem like the board went dry everywhere and once except for QB.

'Captain Hook said:
Toss up between him and one other. Seem like the board went dry everywhere and once except for QB.
opps, i see we have an issue in the thread. will fix in a minute.peace

'Captain Hook said:
opps, i see we have an issue in the thread. will fix in a minute.peace
you've been up for awhile. :confused:

Being trying to help rr out to no avial. He's been stuck in a meeting. Did get his pick in but can't figure out how to make mop's pick. commish password is bass1234 . If someone who is familiar with mfl would like to try and make his Amendola pick that would be great.

Took my home league off MFL (to RTS) a few years ago and I'm beginning to remember why. Not the easiest site to navigate and the layout is just awful IMO.

Being trying to help rr out to no avial. He's been stuck in a meeting. Did get his pick in but can't figure out how to make mop's pick. commish password is bass1234 . If someone who is familiar with mfl would like to try and make his Amendola pick that would be great.
done

done
thanks arron....I LOVE meetings. :confused: peace
you've been up again for almost 2 hours, fwiwdo people not get emails from MFL?

Last edited by a moderator:
done
loggin in now...brbpeace

done
loggin in now...brbpeace
pick madepeace

done
People need to go to their settings and they can set it up to receive e-mails on who has been drafted and also to receive an e-mail to let them know when they are up. By having these features set up a person should never time out I would think. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MBSL2 - this is just not working......

We need the proper timeout penalties in place to force people to pay attention.

Also, I think we need to go to a 2 hour clock.

why can't MOP check into the MFL page?

been over 2 days since he's done so and he's made his last few picks by phone call or text. he's about to time out again.

thru 11......

spread a little thin this time of year but still trying...

1.07 Drew Brees NOS QB

hopefully carries me through the cut line some weeks...

5.07 Kevin Smith DET RB

7.07 Ben Tate HOU RB

8.10 Cedric Benson GBP RB

11.07 Evan Royster WAS RB

three starters and a potential home run if Foster goes down.....

3.07 Greg Jennings GBP WR

4.10 Jeremy Maclin PHI WR

6.10 Austin Collie IND WR

9.07 Brandon LaFell CAR WR

10.10 Eddie Royal SDC WR

liked this group a lot more a week or so ago....LaFell and Royal picks made a little earlier than I might have liked to address WR4 and 5, but with Collie likely done, felt I needed to try and cover my butt a little here....

2.10 Gates, Antonio SDC TE

need a monster return on this investment.....think it's first time I have drafted Gates in maybe 5-7 years (in any league)...

just emailed MOP and will try and call him at the top of the hour

PS - BnB - really hard to tell clock situation on MFL - that needs to be fixed for next year

PS - BnB - really hard to tell clock situation on MFL - that needs to be fixed for next year
Not sure what you are referring to here Perry. Care to elaborate?
Well first of all the clock is not set to a time zone I can figure out - it's not ET or PT or MT so how do you know when someone actually postedSecond and perhaps more important for our survivor drafts, there is no way to show when a player has a shortened clock which was easy to do here. .... would be nice to know if the guy ahead of you was on a 2 hour window instead of having the full four hours

Well first of all the clock is not set to a time zone I can figure out - it's not ET or PT or MT so how do you know when someone actually posted.Second and perhaps more important for our survivor drafts, there is no way to show when a player has a shortened clock which was easy to do here. .... would be nice to know if the guy ahead of you was on a 2 hour window instead of having the full four hours
My times seem accurate. There is a time zone adjustment you can make. Go to; For owner tab>>>select franchise set up>>>>> select custom>>>>> use drop down box for your time zone>>>>submit changes.Your second point will prove more difficult. I think we can only post in the thread who is on a reduced clock and the commish(someoen with password) would have to change it????? Any other suggestions for addressing this????

My times seem accurate. There is a time zone adjustment you can make. Go to; For owner tab>>>select franchise set up>>>>> select custom>>>>> use drop down box for your time zone>>>>submit changes.
:confused: I know how to set the time on MFL but it is NOT the time on the board that is wrong it is the time of the picks ....for instanceThu Aug 23 5:48:11 a.m. MT 2012

It says that is what time I made my pick this morning .......fortunately that is several hours before I got out of bed this morning .......the PICK times are WRONG

:confused: I know how to set the time on MFL but it is NOT the time on the board that is wrong it is the time of the picks ....for instance

Thu Aug 23 5:48:11 a.m. MT 2012

It says that is what time I made my pick this morning .......fortunately that is several hours before I got out of bed this morning .......the PICK times are WRONG
Pick times look right to me....................and you don't need to be out of bed when you predraft?
13.04 196. Capt Hook Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def Thu Aug 23 7:48:11 a.m. ET 2012 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

:confused: I know how to set the time on MFL but it is NOT the time on the board that is wrong it is the time of the picks ....for instance

Pick times look right to me....................and you don't need to be out of bed when you predraft?
13.04 196. Capt Hook Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def Thu Aug 23 7:48:11 a.m. ET 2012 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
DOH :bag: times were off earlier but apparently ramrod has fixed them ..........still have the shorter clock issue

DOH :bag: times were off earlier but apparently ramrod has fixed them ..........still have the shorter clock issue
There is not a way to set up seperate clocks for individual owners. I did submit a ticket to MFL and they added it to the wish list for next year.

So other than manual running the clock, ther eis not a way to do this.

Peace

Users who are viewing this thread