What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Okay time to look at the teams and make some comments - first glad to be drafting with you guys again .... sorry we started so late this year and that it took so long but should be another fun season although I do wish Twilight was here to lead us through it ....... maybe some will volunteer to take over the commentary and post results ...... maybe we each take a week?

Okay back to Captain Hook's men with (bye weeks)

QB - Carson Palmer (5) & Blaine Gabbert (6)

Grade D+

A very unlikely duo as I waited and then got caught in at least two unexpected runs. BUT I do expect Palmer to have a good season possibly Top 10 if the stars align - and if you already started snickering he was a top ten QB for the last eight weeks of the season last year and had a full camp with the team this year - of course he and the speedy receivers and DMac have to stay healthy for that to happen - but it might. Gabbert is a prayer although he did look good in pre-season and they will be behind in a lot of games. Would have added Russell Wilson but was even snaked there in the end game

RB - LeSean McCoy (7), DeAngelo Willams (6), LeGarrette Blount (5), & LeOn Washington (11)Grade B

Good enough group who could play better IF I get enough from Blount and Lil Leon (had to capitalize a second letter in his first name to fit the team).

WR - Wes Welker (9), Percy Harvin (11), Reggie Wayne (4), Nate Burleson (5), Rod Streater (5), & Devin Hester (6)

Grade A-

I will matchup the first three with other teams so can I get enough complimentary scores from Burleson who will have a couple good games, Streater who is a flier but looked good with Palmer and DHB and Denarius can't stay on the field, and Hester the forgotten one in all fantasy drafts this year - but he is still a starter for the Bears and will have one or two games that will score (I hope)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (7) & Coby Fleener (4)Grade B

Gonzo continues to produce and Atlanta and Matty Ice will throw even more this year. Fleener hopefully scores a few weeks at least he has a strong relationship with his quarterback

K - Hartley (6) & Succop (7)

DST - Buffalo Bills (8) & Arizona Cardinals (10)

Not my strongest team but I have done well with worse - will all boil down to getting average+ points from the quarterbacks and avoiding an injury to one of my key players.

Ten days and we can start to see what happens

'Captain Hook said:
Okay time to look at the teams and make some comments - first glad to be drafting with you guys again .... sorry we started so late this year and that it took so long but should be another fun season although I do wish Twilight was here to lead us through it ....... maybe some will volunteer to take over the commentary and post results ...... maybe we each take a week?

Okay back to Captain Hook's men with (bye weeks)

QB - Carson Palmer (5) & Blaine Gabbert (6)

Grade D+

A very unlikely duo as I waited and then got caught in at least two unexpected runs. BUT I do expect Palmer to have a good season possibly Top 10 if the stars align - and if you already started snickering he was a top ten QB for the last eight weeks of the season last year and had a full camp with the team this year - of course he and the speedy receivers and DMac have to stay healthy for that to happen - but it might. Gabbert is a prayer although he did look good in pre-season and they will be behind in a lot of games. Would have added Russell Wilson but was even snaked there in the end game

RB - LeSean McCoy (7), DeAngelo Willams (6), LeGarrette Blount (5), & LeOn Washington (11)Grade B

Good enough group who could play better IF I get enough from Blount and Lil Leon (had to capitalize a second letter in his first name to fit the team).

WR - Wes Welker (9), Percy Harvin (11), Reggie Wayne (4), Nate Burleson (5), Rod Streater (5), & Devin Hester (6)

Grade A-

I will matchup the first three with other teams so can I get enough complimentary scores from Burleson who will have a couple good games, Streater who is a flier but looked good with Palmer and DHB and Denarius can't stay on the field, and Hester the forgotten one in all fantasy drafts this year - but he is still a starter for the Bears and will have one or two games that will score (I hope)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (7) & Coby Fleener (4)Grade B

Gonzo continues to produce and Atlanta and Matty Ice will throw even more this year. Fleener hopefully scores a few weeks at least he has a strong relationship with his quarterback

K - Hartley (6) & Succop (7)

DST - Buffalo Bills (8) & Arizona Cardinals (10)

Not my strongest team but I have done well with worse - will all boil down to getting average+ points from the quarterbacks and avoiding an injury to one of my key players.

Ten days and we can start to see what happens
I like your team to survive as it's well constructed, but I don't see a title in the cards. Down the stretch you'll be giving up points at QB. That's fine if you can get the production elsewhere. You really need Martin or Stewart to go down to have the punch here at the end. I'd be concerned that Gonzo and Welker have so many competing options on their teams that they won't roll off consecutive big weeks in the last quarter of the season. I'm thinking you'll need Nate Burleson, Rod Streater, or Devin Hester to pick up the slack.

Users who are viewing this thread