What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Matt Ryan, IND (1 Viewer)

Matt Ryan completed 20-of-35 passes for 182 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the Falcons' 26-9, Week 10 win over the Saints.

Ryan didn’t need to force too much on Sunday, as the Falcons’ run game was able to rip off consistent gains throughout the afternoon. Ryan’s first score was a pretty eight-yard pass down the seam to Austin Hooper, while his second touchdown came from 10 yards out on a swing pass to Brian Hill. The performance marked the first time that Ryan played all four quarters and failed to throw for at least 300 yards this season. He has another tough matchup in Week 11 against the Panthers' run-funnel defense, but the Falcons' passing game should have bigger days moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Ryan completed 23-of-46 passes for 271 yards and one interception in the Falcons' Week 12 loss to the Bucs.

Ryan began the season with six-straight 300-yard games, but the offense has experienced major ups-and-downs since. Matty Ice now has three passing touchdowns in his last four games while battling with an injury, poor offensive line play, and downgraded pass-catching weapons. Ryan could compile garbage-time stats against the Saints next week, but he needs the offense to get healthier to reach a ceiling. Consider Ryan as a mid-range QB1.

Yep

Killing me
Me too.  Can't sit back and hope either.   Think I'm going in a different direction this week.  Rather have Darnold this week and Tannehill in following weeks.   Point is that Ryan is struggling due to injuries on that O and it isn't working right now.   

Me too.  Can't sit back and hope either.   Think I'm going in a different direction this week.  Rather have Darnold this week and Tannehill in following weeks.   Point is that Ryan is struggling due to injuries on that O and it isn't working right now.   
I'm on the same boat and going to try and get both Darnold and Tannenhill this week and drop Ryan altogether.

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:
I'm on the same boat and going to try and get both Darnold and Tannenhill this week and drop Ryan altogether.
Was just coming in to see if I was crazy for thinking of just dropping him outright this week.  I started him the first 10 weeks and he was solid but it's been crap since then.  I think I can roll with Winston and either Jones or Tannehill or even Fitzmagic (@NYJ, @NYG, Cin) through the playoffs.  I don't see me starting him again and I can better use the depth at RB or WR or even a 2nd D to pair with NE given their tough schedule.

Not sure how much $$$ ATL has tied up in Ryan and Julio... but it looks like a pretty bad investment.

You can't even count on garbage time points from these guys.

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:
I was carrying Carr to cover Ryan and held both to see how Ryan's ankle held up.   I'm going to hold Ryan but make the easy decision to drop Carr for Darnold or Tannehill.   Next week, I will consider dropping Ryan.  I don't want Ryan getting back to form for the playoffs and having him used against me.   Maybe Ryan misses his TE and RB?   

I was carrying Carr to cover Ryan and held both to see how Ryan's ankle held up.   I'm going to hold Ryan but make the easy decision to drop Carr for Darnold or Tannehill.   Next week, I will consider dropping Ryan.  I don't want Ryan getting back to form for the playoffs and having him used against me.   Maybe Ryan misses his TE and RB?   
I'm scanning all the playoff teams in my league and I don't see Ryan really being anybody's need but this exactly was what was holding me back.

Darnold and Tannehill are not options for me. Guys like Goff, Carr, and Daniel Jones are, with some other scrubs like Rivers and Trubisky.

At this point for me it may be ride or die as I can't see any of those options panning out.

Looks like I'll need to rely on garbage time to make a go out of Ryan -- Ryan got a full practice in, and looks like Freeman was limited, which is a start. Julio is only going through walk throughs at this point so I assume he'll sit. Hoping for the Saints to get ahead to force Ryan into catch-up mode. 

This is not the confidence I want in my QB going into the playoffs. Hope this turns around.

Darnold and Tannehill are not options for me. Guys like Goff, Carr, and Daniel Jones are, with some other scrubs like Rivers and Trubisky.

At this point for me it may be ride or die as I can't see any of those options panning out.

Looks like I'll need to rely on garbage time to make a go out of Ryan -- Ryan got a full practice in, and looks like Freeman was limited, which is a start. Julio is only going through walk throughs at this point so I assume he'll sit. Hoping for the Saints to get ahead to force Ryan into catch-up mode. 

This is not the confidence I want in my QB going into the playoffs. Hope this turns around.
Too bad that you can't snag Darnold now or Tannehill for the next couple of weeks.  Carr lost Renfroe and didn't have much at WR anyway.   Goff and Trubisky are simply not good.   Rivers is dropping off of a cliff.   The lack of o line has killed his value.   D Jones would be a fun gamble and should have his WRs back.   

Probably crazy but Darnold was out there but I already had Ryan and Jones but despite only having 15 man rosters I am going to carry 3 QBs. I have clinched a playoff spot but a win this week gives me a bye. I don’t like Darnold matchups week 15 and 16. Just couldn’t drop Ryan

Probably crazy but Darnold was out there but I already had Ryan and Jones but despite only having 15 man rosters I am going to carry 3 QBs. I have clinched a playoff spot but a win this week gives me a bye. I don’t like Darnold matchups week 15 and 16. Just couldn’t drop Ryan
I'm not sold on Ryan but I know the potential is there and can't drop him either.   He could go off this week.  He is a good QB but I'm not getting burned again.   There seems to be better options right now.   I'm holding and will start him when Hooper is back. 

I picked up Schaub in my 2QB league.  Ryan hasn't looked the same since his ankle injury and that OL is going to get him killed.  I worry they shut him down before week 17 being eliminated from the playoffs.  

Starting this guy in a league that penalizes for sacks is no bueno.  That OL is horrendous and Ryan can't move at all.  

I didn't watch past the first quarter but Ryan's stats are a lot better than expected.   300 and 2 TDs is a nice score and impressive against that D without Jones and Hooper.   Probably going to regret my decision to sit him but am happy that he's on my roster.   

I didn't watch past the first quarter but Ryan's stats are a lot better than expected.   300 and 2 TDs is a nice score and impressive against that D without Jones and Hooper.   Probably going to regret my decision to sit him but am happy that he's on my roster.   
I gave up and went to bed in the 4th

Quite surprised this morning

I wasn’t sold on this guy last year, when he threw the ball away on 4th & goal from the 10 yard-line, down by 7 on the game’s final drive.

It was such horrific situational awareness from a veteran QB.....made me wonder if this guy has a brain.  It’s 4th down.  The final drive.  You can’t throw that ball away. Gotta at least put it up for grabs.  

Anyway, this season is just more of the same.  Last night he had to get rid of the damn ball and stop taking sacks.  They had plenty of time to get down the field on that last drive.  8-to-10 yard passes would have been sufficient.

They do...for negative rushing yds

For example when a QB takes a knee to end the game it’s  -1 rush yd
Yes.  If a QB gets sacked for negative yardage, it should be negative points.  Why should that position be exempt because it's not considered a run in the NFL?  

RB runs for -5 yards. -.5 points

QB gets sacked for -10 yards.  0 points? 😂 

Yes.  If a QB gets sacked for negative yardage, it should be negative points.  Why should that position be exempt because it's not considered a run in the NFL?  

RB runs for -5 yards. -.5 points

QB gets sacked for -10 yards.  0 points? 😂 
Ok I guess 

I’ve been playing ff for a pretty long time, I’ve never heard of it

I bet if you start a poll here 99.9% of leagues don’t have it

Matt Ryan completed 20-of-34 passes for 314 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons' Week 14 win over the Panthers.

The Falcons moved up and down the field with ease against a deflated Panthers defense. Ryan got the day started with a touchdown strike to Calvin Ridley, who was unfortunately carted to the locker room with an abdomen injury. That didn't slow him down, however. Ryan found an undrafted free agent for a 93-yard touchdown in the second half to seal the win. The Falcons offense continues to post strong offensive numbers despite the lost season. That could change with a road matchup against the 49ers on deck.

Matt Ryan completed 25-of-39 passes for 210 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons' Week 15 win over the Falcons.

Matty Ice did one thing really well today -- target Julio Jones. A lot. Julio ended with 20 targets with the last one coming on Atlanta's game-winning touchdown. Ryan scanned the field before throwing a short strike right in front of the end zone. Julio took a big shot but secured the catch and replay review confirmed he crossed the goal line. It was a thrilling road victory, one that nobody saw coming. The offense should have an easier time in Week 16 with the Jaguars coming to Atlanta.

Matt Ryan completed 32-of-45 passes for 384 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions in the Falcons' 24-12, Week 16 win over the Jaguars.

The 384 yards were Ryan's second most of the season, while he's now reached 300 in 10-of-14 starts. Crazy. For the second straight week, Ryan locked onto Julio Jones to spectacular effect, though they were held out of the end zone this time. Both of Ryan's picks were directed Jones' way. Despite the raw yardage, it's been a frustrating year for Ryan, one he will get to end with the softest of Week 17 matchups in the Bucs. Ryan was surprisingly held out of the end zone in the sides' first meeting.

Matt Ryan completed 37-of-54 passes for 450 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the Falcons' 38-25, Week 1 loss to the Seahawks. 

With the Falcons playing off their back foot the entire game — 14-3 in the first quarter and 28-12 at halftime — Ryan spent the afternoon throwing, finding each of Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley and Russell Gage for at least 9/100. The only loser was new addition Hayden Hurst, who had a quiet 3/38 line, albeit one that included a diving 27-yard grab. Both of Ryan's scores went to Ridley, with the first coming after Shaq Griffin and Jamal Adams plowed into each other, leaving Ridley wide open. Ryan's pick was a last-second heave into the end zone in the long-since decided game. Ryan was moving well after last year's high-ankle sprain left him a sitting duck in the second half of the year, though he did take both a third- and fourth-down sack. Ryan will remain a high-floor, high-ceiling QB1 for Week 2 against the Cowboys. 

- Rotoworld

Matt Ryan completed 24-of-36 passes for 273 yards and four touchdowns in the Falcons' 40-39, Week 2 loss to the Cowboys.

Ryan and the Falcons came out cooking with gas in this one, jumping out to a 20-0 lead at the end of the first quarter. Ryan's touchdowns went to Calvin Ridley (22 yards), Hayden Hurst (42), Ridley again (three), and Russell Gage (eight). This offense looks like it's going to have to put up gobs of points to make up for its Swiss-cheese defense, keeping Ryan as a volume-driven QB1 with elite weaponry. Ryan has 723 yards and six touchdowns after two games. He gets a tougher Week 3 test against the Bears but will remain a back-end QB1.

- Rotoworld

Matt Ryan completed 19-of-38 passes for 238 yards, one touchdown and an interception in the Falcons' 30-26 Week 3 loss to the Falcons.

The Falcons led 26-10 with seven minutes remaining, making it back-to-back soul crushing losses for Dan Quinn and Co. Ryan failed to complete a pass in the fourth quarter until the clock read 1:50 remaining, an astonishing detail. Yes, Atlanta entered this game with a depleted roster due to numerous injuries, but they played well enough in the first half to see the opposing starting quarterback, Mitchell Trubisky, benched. This two game stretch could easily lead to the firing of coach Dan Quinn. Either way, Matt Ryan should be viewed as a top 12 option in Week 4 against the Packers.

Sep 27, 2020, 4:27 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

Matt Ryan completed 28-of-39 passes for 285 scoreless yards in the Falcons' 30-16, Week 4 loss to the Packers.

After throwing for over 400 yards in Week 1, Ryan hasn't topped 300 yards in any of the last three outings and has just one touchdown over his last two contests. He played the entire second half of this one without Julio Jones (hamstring), and Calvin Ridley was at less than 100% with a hammy pull of his own. Ryan looked way off Monday, making a number of ill-advised throws through multiple defenders and was very lucky to not be picked off a number of times. Ryan should rebound in a home date with the Panthers next week.

Oct 6, 2020, 12:11 AM ET

Matt Ryan completed 21-of-37 passes for 226 yards and an interception in the Falcons' Week 5 loss to the Panthers.

Ryan has looked bad without Julio Jones. He's feeling pressure that isn't there and is missing passes he typically makes. It's tough to figure out, especially with Atlanta's offensive line better than it was in previous seasons. Dan Quinn's obsession with running on 1st and 10 certainly isn't helping. Atlanta needs to start over with their coaching staff. Ryan hasn't throw a touchdown since the first quarter of Week 1, and even that was a 1-yard score. Ryan simply needs Julio back in the lineup to be on the QB1/2 border in fantasy.

- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread