What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
QB - Romo 5

RB - Lynch 11, Benson 10

WR - Green 8, Decker 7

TE - Graham 6, Tamme 7

Probably screwed myself by taking Tamme in the 6th with Graham already in tow. Just screamed value at the spot, but my WRs will pay the price. Lucked out with Benson in the 7th imo.

Interesting that 3 teams have already doubled up at the TE position.

3.11 43. Jeff Pasquino Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE

Mon Aug 20 7:55:34 p.m. ET 2012

3.12 44. renesauz Smith, Steve CAR WR

Tue Aug 21 1:00:32 a.m. ET 2012

TIMEOUT #1 for Rene

5.01 65. krsone21 Witten, Jason DAL TE

Tue Aug 21 5:53:32 p.m. ET 2012

5.02 66. Matt Price Hillis, Peyton KCC RB

Wed Aug 22 10:21:57 a.m. ET 2012

TIMEOUT for Matt Price

6.04 84. snellman Griffin III, Robert WAS QB

Wed Aug 22 1:37:30 p.m. ET 2012

6.05 85. renesauz Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Wed Aug 22 4:58:40

TIMEOUT #2 for Rene (based on the 2 hour clock he should now have)

Matt should be on a 2 hour clock

Rene (who told me via PM that "HE IS NOT HOLDING US UP" when I asked him to predraft) is down to a 1 hour clock

Last edited by a moderator:
not hard to see using mfl / granted an overnight pick can skew the numbers

AVERAGE TIME WAITING FOR PICK TO BE MADE

Franchise Avg. Wait Time

BassNBrew 2 hours, 23 minutes

Shadowfax 1 hour, 45 minutes

HellToupee less than a minute

Eaglezzz 2 hours, 32 minutes

dpeease 1 hour, 17 minutes

Phenix 21 minutes

AhrnCityPahnder 2 hours, 35 minutes

renesauz 1 hour, 28 minutes

krsone21 less than a minute

ShadowMaster 2 hours, 12 minutes

by_the_sea_wannabe 29 minutes

Matt Price 3 hours, 51 minutes

snellman 1 hour, 1 minute

Stinkin Ref 55 minutes

Sigmund Bloom less than a minute

Jeff Pasquino 1 hour, 1 minute

We can't change the clock for individual owners so everyone gets 4 hours (despite missed picks) until such time I deem it necessary to go to two hours. Best "medicine" for the slackers is for the owners following to load up the pre-draft picks and select the better players.

not hard to see using mfl / granted an overnight pick can skew the numbersAVERAGE TIME WAITING FOR PICK TO BE MADE Franchise Avg. Wait TimeBassNBrew 2 hours, 23 minutes Shadowfax 1 hour, 45 minutes HellToupee less than a minute Eaglezzz 2 hours, 32 minutes dpeease 1 hour, 17 minutes Phenix 21 minutes AhrnCityPahnder 2 hours, 35 minutes renesauz 1 hour, 28 minutes krsone21 less than a minuteShadowMaster 2 hours, 12 minutes by_the_sea_wannabe 29 minutes Matt Price 3 hours, 51 minutes snellman 1 hour, 1 minute Stinkin Ref 55 minutes Sigmund Bloom less than a minute Jeff Pasquino 1 hour, 1 minute
Bassrd 1 - less than 60 secsrd 2 - 4.5+ hrs, made my pick at 3amrd 3 - 2.5 hrs, made my pick at 8amrd 4 - pre-draftedrd 5 - pre-draftedrd 6 - 10+ hr, made my pick at 7amrd 7 - pre-draftedI'm the 3rd worst offender based on mfl clock despite 4 picks less than 1 min and checking in at the crack of dawn (or earlier) to make a pick.

'by_the_sea_wannabe said:
AVERAGE TIME WAITING FOR PICK TO BE MADE

Franchise Avg. Wait Time

ShadowMaster 2 hours, 12 minutes
FLAWEDRd 1 - reloaded, but it was only a few minutes

Rd 2 - weekend, clock off

Rd 3 - weekend, clock off

Rd 4 - 12:37

Rd 5 - 3:30

Rd 6 - predraft :01

Rd 7 - predraft :01

Rd 8 - early AM, clock off

I've taken a TOTAL of 16:09 when the clock is ON

QB - Romo 5, Bradford 9

RB - Lynch 11, Benson 10, Williams 6

WR - Green 8, Decker 7

TE - Graham 6, Tamme 7

Really not sure why Bradford and Williams were hanging around so late. I was hoping someone would draft Bradford so I wouldn't have to take him. It's going to be real thin at WR.

Some thoughts on the other teams...

Shadowfax - Dude is loaded everywhere. No depth except at WR. If he can dodge Rodgers and VDs bye he should go deep.

Helltoupee - Weak at QB and TE. Wk 11 not looking good.

Eaglzz - Great talent but 3 TEs and wk7 make this team a mess.

Dpeease - Has the makings of a solid squad if Fleener pans out.

Phenix - Solid at the RB/WR. Needs to address wk10.

ACP - No TEs yet. Two old RBs. Will crush it at QB and WR.

Rene - One of the better teams. Solid bye wk mgt. OK QB tandem. Great 1/2 RB punch. 3 very good WRs with top 5-10 upside.

krsone21 - Love his QBs where he got them. Foster is two RBs by himself. Jenning/Nicks/MikeW is a strong WR trio. Daniels and Witten a great TE pair. krs has scoop up the value in this draft.

shadowmaster - I sense a trainwreck. Good things other teams are crippler on wk7. Lots of gambles on this team.

wannabe - building a formidable squad.

Matt Price - Cobb was a poor pick with Nelson and Davis sharing that bye and no depth at QB or TE. This squad will have a huge week to week deviation.

snellman - Solid base, has potential with a good finish to the draft.

ref - I like your talent but you have a bunch of landmines to naviagate with the rest of your draft picks.

Bloom - Will be a contender.

Jeff - You better hope Britt shows up because wk 5 will be tough.

3.11 43. Jeff Pasquino Pettigrew, Brandon DET TEMon Aug 20 7:55:34 p.m. ET 2012 3.12 44. renesauz Smith, Steve CAR WRTue Aug 21 1:00:32 a.m. ET 2012TIMEOUT #1 for Rene5.01 65. krsone21 Witten, Jason DAL TETue Aug 21 5:53:32 p.m. ET 2012 5.02 66. Matt Price Hillis, Peyton KCC RBWed Aug 22 10:21:57 a.m. ET 2012TIMEOUT for Matt Price6.04 84. snellman Griffin III, Robert WAS QBWed Aug 22 1:37:30 p.m. ET 20126.05 85. renesauz Olsen, Greg CAR TEWed Aug 22 4:58:40TIMEOUT #2 for Rene (based on the 2 hour clock he should now have)Matt should be on a 2 hour clock Rene (who told me via PM that "HE IS NOT HOLDING US UP" when I asked him to predraft) is down to a 1 hour clock
???????? WTF are you talking about. I haven't timed out. Most of my picks are predrafts, and I have one of the shortest wait times in the league????? Not to mention the fact that the first area you quote here was when MY PREDRAFT LIST WAS WIPED OUT BY COMMISSIONER MISHANDLING OF SOMEONE ELSES TIMEOUT. (See the timestamp on my comment in the chat box at the site.)ETA: You sent me a bogus message about how I was too long OTC after I was on for 3 hours and 20 minutes. ONly thing was...I made a pick at 1007 AM (2 quick predrafts followed). I was 7 picks away in a fairly critical early round, picking near the end, and knew I could be back in just 4 or 5 hours. Six picks went in the next two and a half hours, only one of which was predrafted.Instead of #####ing about me being slow...you should have been ecstatic about the pace.Its still a "slow" on-line draft. We're moving at a terrific pace, and pretty much everybody has made terrific use of the predraft function. Get off your high horse and look a little closer dude. I know you're just trying to speed things up...but your more than a little over-zealous with it.

3.11 43. Jeff Pasquino Pettigrew, Brandon DET TEMon Aug 20 7:55:34 p.m. ET 2012 3.12 44. renesauz Smith, Steve CAR WRTue Aug 21 1:00:32 a.m. ET 2012TIMEOUT #1 for Rene5.01 65. krsone21 Witten, Jason DAL TETue Aug 21 5:53:32 p.m. ET 2012 5.02 66. Matt Price Hillis, Peyton KCC RBWed Aug 22 10:21:57 a.m. ET 2012TIMEOUT for Matt Price6.04 84. snellman Griffin III, Robert WAS QBWed Aug 22 1:37:30 p.m. ET 20126.05 85. renesauz Olsen, Greg CAR TEWed Aug 22 4:58:40TIMEOUT #2 for Rene (based on the 2 hour clock he should now have)Matt should be on a 2 hour clock Rene (who told me via PM that "HE IS NOT HOLDING US UP" when I asked him to predraft) is down to a 1 hour clock
???????? WTF are you talking about. I haven't timed out. Most of my picks are predrafts, and I have one of the shortest wait times in the league????? Not to mention the fact that the first area you quote here was when MY PREDRAFT LIST WAS WIPED OUT BY COMMISSIONER MISHANDLING OF SOMEONE ELSES TIMEOUT. (See the timestamp on my comment in the chat box at the site.)ETA: You sent me a bogus message about how I was too long OTC after I was on for 3 hours and 20 minutes. ONly thing was...I made a pick at 1007 AM (2 quick predrafts followed). I was 7 picks away in a fairly critical early round, picking near the end, and knew I could be back in just 4 or 5 hours. Six picks went in the next two and a half hours, only one of which was predrafted.Instead of #####ing about me being slow...you should have been ecstatic about the pace.Its still a "slow" on-line draft. We're moving at a terrific pace, and pretty much everybody has made terrific use of the predraft function. Get off your high horse and look a little closer dude. I know you're just trying to speed things up...but your more than a little over-zealous with it.
I will take some of that...this is the first time the xxSLs have tried it live on the MFL site. There will be bugs and kinks and quirks and mistakes.I hope everyone now realizes just how much work Twilight did for us. For Free.So instead of cracking on each other, think about Twilight and hope all is well.Peace

thanks to valence/Matt Price for holding up with his pick until I got Sahdowfax. Thank you sir.

You win the anti-Dbag award today.

Peace

'teamramrod said:
I will take some of that...this is the first time the xxSLs have tried it live on the MFL site. There will be bugs and kinks and quirks and mistakes.I hope everyone now realizes just how much work Twilight did for us. For Free.So instead of cracking on each other, think about Twilight and hope all is well.Peace
:thumbup:

TBH...was never a big fan of cutting a shortened clock in half on a TO to begin with. It too quickly gets to a point where it's simply impossible to pick while you're otc and I'm not a fan of forcing pre-picks.

Drafting on MFL with a 4 hour clock (instead of our normal 8) seems a better solution for all drafts. If you TO, you haven't held the draft up all that long, and with all the predrafts, if you're more than a couple hours late there's a good chance you've screwed yourself. This draft, after the first couple rounds, has been as fast a "slow" draft as I can remember.

Headed into Hurricane mode for a couple of days. I'll try to predraft if it gets close enough to predict. If i get stuck offline, see if Pimpin' or Hook can fill in for me. They both know how I think.

@Rene - please stop arguing it. The time stamps are right there. Under standard survivor rules, you would have timed out twice.

Headed into Hurricane mode for a couple of days. I'll try to predraft if it gets close enough to predict. If i get stuck offline, see if Pimpin' or Hook can fill in for me. They both know how I think.

@Rene - please stop arguing it. The time stamps are right there. Under standard survivor rules, you would have timed out twice.
@Shadow.:::1. When someone elses timeout and subsequent rolling back of the draft wipes out your prepick, you are not responsible. (My 3.12 pick WAS PREDRAFTED, but like Pasquino's, got wiped out when someone else makeup pick was picked by a third party, and the entire draft got rolled back. (NOTE MY COMMENT IN THE CHAT BOX AT THE DRAFT SITE!)

2. The clock went off at 11 PM...my pick was at 1 AM...even by the strictest interpretation....I STILL would not have a timeout per how the draft is set up.

3. If the first isn't a timeout, the second CAN'T be a timeout, since it was sub 4 hours. Since that pick also came just 3 hours after a run of 9 picks in 2.5 hours...it's not worth bi$$#E^Y&ing about in the first place.

I'm not sure what I did to piss you off other than vehemently disagree, but you really need to lay the %^#& off, because you're flat wrong on this.

TBH...was never a big fan of cutting a shortened clock in half on a TO to begin with. It too quickly gets to a point where it's simply impossible to pick while you're otc and I'm not a fan of forcing pre-picks. Drafting on MFL with a 4 hour clock (instead of our normal 8) seems a better solution for all drafts. If you TO, you haven't held the draft up all that long, and with all the predrafts, if you're more than a couple hours late there's a good chance you've screwed yourself. This draft, after the first couple rounds, has been as fast a "slow" draft as I can remember.
Before we went to cutting the clock in half the same guys would repeatedly blow through their 8 hours.This MFL league has been an interesting change but there are three things I don't like...1. It's high maintenance for the commish to turn the clock on and off and handle replacement picks. Many thnaks to trr.2. We lost a couple of regulars who have access blocked at work.3. The discussion threads are barron of fantasy discussion.

@Shadow.:::1. When someone elses timeout and subsequent rolling back of the draft wipes out your prepick, you are not responsible. (My 3.12 pick WAS PREDRAFTED, but like Pasquino's, got wiped out when someone else makeup pick was picked by a third party, and the entire draft got rolled back. (NOTE MY COMMENT IN THE CHAT BOX AT THE DRAFT SITE!)

2. The clock went off at 11 PM...my pick was at 1 AM...even by the strictest interpretation....I STILL would not have a timeout per how the draft is set up.

3. If the first isn't a timeout, the second CAN'T be a timeout, since it was sub 4 hours. Since that pick also came just 3 hours after a run of 9 picks in 2.5 hours...it's not worth bi$$#E^Y&ing about in the first place.

I'm not sure what I did to piss you off other than vehemently disagree, but you really need to lay the %^#& off, because you're flat wrong on this.
seriously - what part of "please stop arguing" do you not get? I don't want to discuss it anymore.

seriously - what part of "please stop arguing" do you not get? I don't want to discuss it anymore.
Are you constitutionally incapable of recognizing when you're wrong? I agreed to drop it (see quote of ramrods post) until you brought it back up again. ("please stop arguing" and "see the time stamps") I asked you to check the time stamp in chat box where I asked what happened to my pre-pick (scroll over the post to see the stamp).I could not timeout with the clock off (it is set to off 11PM - 8 AM EST, although our norm is 12-8), and even if I had, the first pick in question was predrafted and subsequently wiped out when the commish rolled back the draft. No reasonable person would hold me responsible for that. Obviously...you are either an unreasonable person with no interest in fairness or you simply can't admit when you're wrong.

Either way...I'm done with this conversation.

TBH...was never a big fan of cutting a shortened clock in half on a TO to begin with. It too quickly gets to a point where it's simply impossible to pick while you're otc and I'm not a fan of forcing pre-picks. Drafting on MFL with a 4 hour clock (instead of our normal 8) seems a better solution for all drafts. If you TO, you haven't held the draft up all that long, and with all the predrafts, if you're more than a couple hours late there's a good chance you've screwed yourself. This draft, after the first couple rounds, has been as fast a "slow" draft as I can remember.
Before we went to cutting the clock in half the same guys would repeatedly blow through their 8 hours.This MFL league has been an interesting change but there are three things I don't like...1. It's high maintenance for the commish to turn the clock on and off and handle replacement picks. Many thnaks to trr.2. We lost a couple of regulars who have access blocked at work.3. The discussion threads are barron of fantasy discussion.
1. Agreed. Thanks to TRR! Not sure why we are turning clock off on weekends though? 2. This is the big negative.3. I'm not sure how big an impact this really is. Some of our slow drafts have a ton of discussion...others almost none. I think the speed of this draft (with the shorter clock) might be just as impactful as the location of it (on MFL).

1. Agreed. Thanks to TRR! Not sure why we are turning clock off on weekends though? 2. This is the big negative.3. I'm not sure how big an impact this really is. Some of our slow drafts have a ton of discussion...others almost none. I think the speed of this draft (with the shorter clock) might be just as impactful as the location of it (on MFL).
I don't think this is a very fast draft at all.I had three drafts start at roughly the same time.The first is at pick 164 - 12 hour clockThis one is at pick 175The third finished this morning at pick 216 - 12 hour clock

'by_the_sea_wannabe said:
'renesauz said:
'BassNBrew said:
I don't think this is a very fast draft at all.I had three drafts start at roughly the same time.The first is at pick 164 - 12 hour clockThis one is at pick 175The third finished this morning at pick 216 - 12 hour clock
We would be a lot further along if we had the clock on during the weekends.

'renesauz said:
'BassNBrew said:
Response to Bass:1. The clock on the weekend is manual. I sent that up to MFL as an enhancement request as well as a variable clock per owner.2. For those who are blocked at work:I am blocked from MFL at work but have access to FBGs. I use my smart phone to manage the leagues/make picks during the day and sneak into the forums when my boss is not looking to check PMs and the threads. Even if someone is blocked from both sites, we do have cell phones. My thought for next year's draft is to have 2 commishs per draft (this is already available in MFL) and people can communicate with them via text. besides emails, we should gather phone numbers as well. Thoughts?3. I agree there is more discussion in other drafts. Not sure of remedy for this.My point: The predfraft ability in MFL has sped up the draft in both MBSL 1 and 2 in certain circumstances. As more people get comfortable with it, it will be quicker that leaving your top two picks with one of the other guys in the thread.And finally, no more thanks needed. You guys have helped me become a better owner over the years and I don't mind this at all. I got some extra time right now and Skyrim can wait for a bit. ;)Please remember that Twilight did all of this for free. Don't thank me, turn your thoughts to him and hope all is well.Peace

Either way...I'm done with this conversation.
Really? FINALLY. Only took a F-Bomb, an extra day, and 2 more unneeded replys. Do the words anger management mean anything to you?

For the record - the F-Bomb was uncalled for. I reported that post as a violation of the "Be excellent to each other" rule.

Try to behave yourself the rest of the way.

I got no horse in this race.....but shadowmaster you were out of line....renesauz had a very good explanation of what happened...teamramrod even came in and admitted that he should take the heat for what happened with his picks....a simple "my bad" or "i'm sorry" from you after he gave a very justifiable account of what happened and after teamramrod said part of it was his fault would have sufficed....but you also kept it going and seem to have a problem with simply admitting a mistake....and then you go and report him....?....theres a word for that too but if I type it I might get reported too...

in this situation your use of not being excellent is.... :potkettle:

thanks for your opinions and dragging it out for another 2 posts :rolleyes:
roll your eyes all you want....you're one those guys that will do absolutely everything but admit/apologize when they are wrong....no big deal...thats how you roll....we get it...good luck...

Why don't you guys drop the timeout talk and focus on why I was so Stupid to draft TO. When I heard he got cut I said thank goodness I would never draft him only to find him on my team.

Why don't you guys drop the timeout talk and focus on why I was so Stupid to draft TO. When I heard he got cut I said thank goodness I would never draft him only to find him on my team.
apologies bass....you're right...we should get back to the appropriate task at hand and start ripping apart your recent drafts.....I have a local draft tonight so I am kind of jammed up....but when I have a some time I will be happy to shred that ####....

live draft yesterday, guy picked TO just as i got a text saying he was cut....CLASSICpeace

also clock is back on now. sorry my bad. any heat this draft should be directed at the drunk old man who spent Saturday night chasing phat chicks at the local beer tent and then spent 1.5 hours walking two blocks home because he kept getting lost.

The town was not were I am from but is still less than 1k in total population.

Peace

also clock is back on now. sorry my bad. any heat this draft should be directed at the drunk old man who spent Saturday night chasing phat chicks at the local beer tent and then spent 1.5 hours walking two blocks home because he kept getting lost.The town was not were I am from but is still less than 1k in total population.Peace
I would give you the :thumbup: , but apparently you couldn't find a fat chick to help you walk home. Not a good sign for you my friend. :unsure:

also clock is back on now. sorry my bad. any heat this draft should be directed at the drunk old man who spent Saturday night chasing phat chicks at the local beer tent and then spent 1.5 hours walking two blocks home because he kept getting lost.The town was not were I am from but is still less than 1k in total population.Peace
I would give you the :thumbup: , but apparently you couldn't find a fat chick to help you walk home. Not a good sign for you my friend. :unsure:
Beer on my monitor funny.Peace

Users who are viewing this thread