What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Audible LIVE*** 8/23/2012 10PM ET (1 Viewer)

::MOTORBOAT::

3 questions-

We're having a BB waiver before the season. 12-team, QB-flex league (best-ball). These guys are available, who do you like? (dropping E. Sanders or maybe P. Thomas)

Vereen

Royster

Skelton

Tebow

Leshoure

Alex Green

Laurent Robinson

Tannehill

Powell

Turbin

Ballard

Hardesty

Hunter

Jerome simpson

Russ Wilson

Nick Foles

Which of these do you like better? (.75 PPR for WR, .5 PPR for RB)

Ryan/TRich/Harvin or Cutler/Murray/Marshall

Can P. Manning really not throw to his right?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much do you guys take into account a player's schedule when considering where to rank them? As an example, I noticed Tom Brady's (extremely difficult) fantasy playoff schedule the other day and it has made me fairly reluctant to draft him despite loving his situation. Is a player's schedule only something that should only be used to settle ties or is it something that needs to be given serious consideration when ranking a player?

Thanks as always guys!

Hi guys, what's up? Love the show... :yes:

I know it is

a) preseason and

b) the Cardinals O-line

but Ryan Williams looked good so far. Do I value the latest preseason action too much right now or does William's performance change your evaluation of the Ari RB situation as well?

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Truly Yours

Hi Guys, love the show!

Which of these RBs would you take a flier on in redraft leagues:

Vic Ballard

Isaiah Pead

Joique Bell

Alex Green

Shaun Draughn

Having a hard time choosing between Chris Johnson and DeMarco Murray in a non-ppr league. Can you help me parse these two guys?

Does it come down to offense line or schedule?

Kicker question, which I know you get a lot of:).

Sure, kickers are largely ignored, but last year I won a league b/c Akers was so ridiculous dow the stretch.

Do you guys see maybe 2 or 3 elite kickers who are worth grabbing before the final round of draft? Either because of the offense they're in, bigness of leg or cushy schedule?

Gentlemen, need some CLARITY. One of my leagues has only a 12 round draft (10 teams). With such a deep waiver wire, what draft strategies might you recommend differently than a typical 15 or 16 round draft. Thanks so much!

What is the latest on Jimmy Graham and his back injury? It's been real quite out of New Orleans on his status. Plus signing some TE's to the practice squad. Should we be worried???

I'd like to hear your take on a strategy that I've used the past few years. I've won my league two of the past four years with it but frankly, it pisses people off a little. I really make a push for the championship every other year. I use my "down" year to make trades for future draft picks, dredge the bottom of the waiver wire (and trade them for future draft picks) and get the best available keepers for my run.

It's a 12 team(18 rostered) PPR, 6pt TD league. After a ton of trades last year, I had two picks in each the 1st(1.2 & 1.3), 2nd, 3rd and 5th rounds, and three picks in 4th round. So I have a good team and I just traded Dez Bryant & Lynch for Calvin Johnson to make my starters even better. My starting lineup is QB-Brady, RBs-Rice & CJ2K , WR-Calvin and A.J.Green, TE-J,Graham, Flex-either Harvin, D.Martin, S.Jackson, D.Thomas or B.Lloyd, Def-San Fran.

So, is this a good strategy in your opinion? Bad taste? Or flat out cheating? The other teams still make me trade offers, even when I'm taking 9 players in the first 5 rounds, so they must not be too agitated. I even make a trade during the draft and after the draft this year.

The word sandbagging gets thrown around a lot but I'm still competitive every year, even last year.

Hey guys, need a little help with my keeper in a non ppr league. I can keep Rogers at 21 or Mathews at 45. Other notable keepers in the league are Rice, Foster, Stafford,Brady, Graham and Gronk. 4 pts for a thrown TD and 6 for a run or catch, 1/25 .. I have the 4th pick. Thinking I could get Rogers back at 4 or CJ and still have Mathews in the fourth. . If I keep Rogers I am looking at McFadden or Forte at 4 and scrambling at RB in the 3rd with Gore or Tuner. Thanks for any advice.

Hey guys, 12 team PPR league draft this weekend. I drew the 12th pick, and therefore also the 13th. We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR, RB, TE), 1 K, and 1 D/ST. Because I can use a TE at my flex, what do yo think of going Graham/Gronk at the turn. Should give me a big advantage every week at 2 starting positions. If it helps at all, in mock drafts and a real draft I did last weekend on Yahoo! I've been getting one or both of Steven Jackson and Darren Sproles in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Thanks guys and merry Football Season to all

Hey fellas! Quick question for those of us lucky enough to own the top pick in a 6 point for all td league. First, who do you grab at the 1 spot, and second - how do you approach the 24-25 turn. I am thinking Brady with the first pick....but then what? Am I better off taking Foster and running a stud RB type of plan. Also, this league is a flex RB/WR flex with only two starting wideouts.

Thanks the great show each week, always good information.

Is there any strategy with the flex positions (RB,WR,TE) in a 1 point PPR League? Or do you just draft your best team and worry about the flex later when dealing with your weekly lineup?

One of my leagues is a start 1QB; 1RB; 3WR; 1TE; 1Flex and I've never thought about strategy for this flex position. Usually just play it like a rb spot.

Also if you have time and haven't beat this horse to death I would like to hear an arguement for or against David Wilson, Shane Vereen and Ronnie Hillman who has the best chance to produce this year for a fantasy team or if we need to expect more from these guys next year.

7 quick over unders. since you liked it last week, i brought it back again. 20 seconds per each one, please discuss your reasons

1. Arian Foster- 2000 total yards, 14 touchdowns, 54 receptions

2. Victor Cru- 80 receptions, 1150 yards, 7 touchdowns

3. Dez Bryant- 10 touchdowns

4. Eli Manning- 4300 yards, 29 td's

5. Matt Ryan- 4300 yards, 31 td's

6. Jacquizz Rodgers- 40 receptions

7. Titus Young's rise has been over-estimated in my eyes. Nate Burleson had 47 receptions in just the 2nd half last year. Over/under 65 receptions for Nate this year?

You guys rock. Keep rocking.

Q1: Will Cecil Lammey actually be on the show tonight? :)

Q2: What's the latest on the RB situation in Pittsburgh? With Redman having hip/groin issues and Mendenhall coming off the PUP, should we still like Redman for the first 3-6 games of the season?

Thanks.

assuming Best is finished, the majority seem to favor Smith over Leshoure. i can understand that smith is the more proven commodity, but leshoure really seems like the better fit in the offense, and the better back, imo. yes, smith will have the first two games to win out, but the coaching staff seems clearly interested in giving leshoure a chance to be The Guy. what (other than experience) is making people favor smith so much more?

also, lol @ anyone who has concerns about weed. cannabis is safer than alcohol.

In Leagues that have 2 RB/2WR/1Flex 6 pts Td 1 pt per 10 yards (NOT PPR)

Do you guys think it is crazy to have Charles as your RB1 and Hillis in the Flex as a regular play?

Do you think there will be enough week in week out production to have that work?

I am leaning that way but would love your thoughts.

Thanks Guys. Season is almost here!!

Who are 2-3 players at each skill position (that would be starters in 1/2/3/1) that come at a fair price or slight value to their ADP that are very safe and you like to see on your team for that feeling of consistency? And for a Flex position would you rather shoot for guys with high upside or steady production?

Ahoy Sailors! Quick ? 12 team ppr 2 keeper league. Should I keep Ray Rice and lose my round 1 pick (drafting from the 6 spot) or DeMarco Murray which would only cost me my last, round 16, pick? Also, if time, what do think about keeping Romo and losing my round 5 pick? Only other QBs being kept are Newton and Eli. Really trying to "Eliminate The Suck"... Bless You, Father Guido

Hey guys love ya show!

I'm In a 12 team FULL POINT PPR with 6 pt Td's for all plays under 40 yds 9 pts for all Td's over 40 yds we start 1 QB 1 RB 1WR 1 TE 1 DEF/ST and 3 Flex RB/WR

I have #6 pick in the 1st rd we go random every other rd so while I have #7 pick in the 2nd Rd I pick #12 in the 3rd #1 in the 4th and #3 in the 5th

Am I wrong for thinking of going QB / Graham in the first 2 rds don't trust any RB outside of top 3 if I roll with this strategy I may not select my first RB TIL 5th Rd! With my unique scoring and roster setup can this work!!

So I signed up at fanduel cause I pretty much do anything you guys say... Could you guys talk about some strategies for a fanduel? Both for one on one and tournament. So far my strategy for tournaments is to go all out for week one and get a lot of players from a game I think might be a blowout, saints redskins. And then fill in with other boom bust players like harvin, cobb, bears def. Thoughts?

Not sure if you'll have time, but have a live auction draft on Monday just wanted to ask for some general thoughts as the format is a little different.

- 10 teams, PPR, passing TD's 4 points (.04 per passing yard), all others 6/1 point per 10 yds

- QB x 2, RB x 2, WR x 2, TE x 1, RB/WR/TE x 3

- $200 budget

I'm torn between going bargain-hunting for QB because if the gimped scoring and deep flex requirements vs. going premium QB because we have to start two.

I'd also be interested to know what the highest % of your cap you'd be willing to spend on one stud player in this format with the deeper lineups.

Thanks a lot either way, look forward to this show every week.

Hey Cecil, what do you think of my team name "THE BLOOMERS" I drafted guys that Sigmund seems to be high on in his from the gut article. I hope these guys don't get bloommed

Vick, RG III, McFadden, Garcon, Graham

I am a strong believer in taking kickers and defense in the final two rounds. My league is formatted with no negative points. Can you go over your sleepers for both positions, seeing that most of the top 10 guys will be off the board by that time in the draft.

eric

Hey guys!

Would love to hear thoughts and opinions on Titus Young who currently languishes on the wire of a shallow PPR league.

Thinking of dropping Randy Moss for him. Other possibilities are: Michael Floyd, Michael Crabtree, and Austin Collie.

Thanks, you guys are in fine form this year.

I am confused as to why injuries are becoming epidemic-like throughout the NFL. I thought the changes agreed upon under the new CBA with regards to practicing in pads and with full contact were done with lowering injuries being the goal? Then when you consider all the rule changes protecting QB's and defenseless WR's, etc. - - What is going on that has the NFL suddenly so injury prone??

Is it just me that see's the league this way? Or does it not seem like injuries across the board are coming on at an accelerated rate in comparison to past years?? And furthermore - if it isn't just me & things continue along this path - how may the industry of fantasy football be affected? Can't imagine our fantasy leagues being as fun if ultimately every player each year needs handcuffing or backed by deep rosters.

What say you guys?

Sitting at 1.05 and expect the top 4 rookies to go ahead of me in a non-PPR dynasty/keeper league rookie/FA draft this weekend.

Fortunately my team is loaded and has no weaknesses, so I have the luxury of swinging for the fences and don't mind taking the most talented player available and stashing him on my bench.

However, I also own Arian Foster, and I am sorely tempted to spend the #5 pick to acquire Ben Tate as he is a phenomenal insurance policy.

Please tell me who out of this group you believe has the most long-term upside as well as who you recommend taking based on my scenario:

Fred Jackson

Ben Tate

Rashad Jennings

Jacquizz Rogers

David Wilson

Isaiah Peed

Sidney Rice

Justin Blackmon

Kendall Wright

Michael Floyd

Alshon Jeffrey

Jake Locker

Ryan Tannehill

Hi guys 3rd season listening, first time posting. I have my draft this weekend in a 12 team redraft non ppr. We choose numbers for the order in which we pick our draft slot. In other words 1 picks any slot 1 thru 12, 2 picks any slot left etc. Outside of 1-3 I think everything else in the first rd comes with enough risk to make me nervous so strategy-wise where is the money spot to pick if I draw the number 4 - I'm inclined to put myself toward the end of the round and let everyone else dictate my first round then cherry pick my favorite RB in the second. Thoughts?

Thanks guys keep up the great work.

'Pumpnick said:
In a start 2 qb league (12 teams) would you select your 2nd qb ( say the 12-14 ranked qb) over a top 3-5 wr?
I play in a 2QB with distance TDs. Your question depends on how your QBs score. But, assuming its 6 pt./tds....QB2s I like ranked in the 12-15 range are Cutler,Roethlisbeger,Luck,Vick,Schaub. Something to think about is what the QBs will look like when it comes back to ya. Could be ugly. TAKE 2 QBs!!

Fred Jackson seems to be flying under the radar given the numbers he was putting up before his injury last year. With CJ Spiller filling in nicely and performing well down the stretch and Jacksons new contract, how do you guys envision the Bills RB situation playing out in 2012? Thanks for everything you guys do, you are some of the sharpest football minds out there.

Very quick question. In a 16 team league, do you feel safe in reaching for safer plays? In a league I am having to decide between jamaal Charles and stafford in the first round. Basically, in a 16 team, do you play it safe (solid qb) or risky (upside plays with major downside)?

Who has a better season in PPR.... 1) Trent Richardson or Doug Martin? 2) Kendall Wright or Justin Blackmon?

I'd like to hear your take on a strategy that I've used the past few years. I've won my league two of the past four years with it but frankly, it pisses people off a little. I really make a push for the championship every other year. I use my "down" year to make trades for future draft picks, dredge the bottom of the waiver wire (and trade them for future draft picks) and get the best available keepers for my run. It's a 12 team(18 rostered) PPR, 6pt TD league. After a ton of trades last year, I had two picks in each the 1st(1.2 & 1.3), 2nd, 3rd and 5th rounds, and three picks in 4th round. So I have a good team and I just traded Dez Bryant & Lynch for Calvin Johnson to make my starters even better. My starting lineup is QB-Brady, RBs-Rice & CJ2K , WR-Calvin and A.J.Green, TE-J,Graham, Flex-either Harvin, D.Martin, S.Jackson, D.Thomas or B.Lloyd, Def-San Fran. So, is this a good strategy in your opinion? Bad taste? Or flat out cheating? The other teams still make me trade offers, even when I'm taking 9 players in the first 5 rounds, so they must not be too agitated. I even make a trade during the draft and after the draft this year.The word sandbagging gets thrown around a lot but I'm still competitive every year, even last year.
Just in my defense, I didn't field a bad team at any point and I never threw a single game. I always started my best players...and good players. And I'd say the other owners were actually more irritated than pissed off, especially while I was making my picks.I started 0-3 and had guys such as P.Rivers, D.Bowe, Daniel Thomas, L.Blount(they were all doing poorly at that point) and I had drafted a lot of rookies(anticipating keepers). At that point I was offered trade for Blount and that started the trade run. I then replaced them with guys like Sanchez, Demaryius Thomas, L.Robinson, Denarious Moore, DeMarco Murray, and W.McGahee. After my team continued to slide I traded D.Murray when he was red hot, McGahee and G.Jennings (who I don't like). I also made it a point to trade with as many different owners as possible (6 of the other 11 owenrs actually) to ensure no one team had an unfair advantage in 2011.My final starters were: Sanchez, CJ2K, B.Tate, De.Thomas, D.Moore, L.Robinson, J.Graham and Chicago. Good...not great.

Users who are viewing this thread