What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Been eating two (dos) avocados a day for four (cuatro) months (1 Viewer)

• Kid A

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • OK Computer

Votes: 46 64.8%

• Total voters

Nipsey

Footballguy
So I'm at the trader joe in April, see the 4 pack of avocado and think i'll pick this up and make some guac. What am I? a chef? No, I'm not. So at about the 4 day mark i realize my $3 purchase is about to go in the bin unless I do something like eat the things. I cut one in half, remove the pit, take the peel(?) off and apply a little salt. Wow. That's pretty good. i'll have another. And another. and another. And here i am 250 of the ####ers later.

My cholesterol dropped from 177 to 143 and from what doc says the good cholesterol went up(hdl?). I sleep better. Richard has been standing seemingly all the time. My poops slide out almost undetected. I met a friend out for drinks on preseason Monday, I was in this great mood. Why? It was a preseason Monday. Oh yeah, i've been choking down 2 avocados a day for 4 months.

In conclusion: where these green suckers been all my life?

I want to try this. I love guacamole but have never really had plain avacado. Do you just eat them plain with salt? Any other easy daily recipes.

I want to try this. I love guacamole but have never really had plain avacado. Do you just eat them plain with salt? Any other easy daily recipes.
I started with salt but I just eat them plain now. Make sure they're ripe or they can cause stomach pain and they can be tough to poop out, like unripe bananas. Learned that the hard way.Maybe my favorite thing about them is I can eat them first thing in the morning or for lunch or for dinner or for a late night snack. I decided last month to never buy meat for home (unless I really wanted it) and just eat these. I'll eat meat out but the avocados at home make for a nice substitute.

I started with salt but I just eat them plain now. Make sure they're ripe or they can cause stomach pain and they can be tough to poop out, like unripe bananas. Learned that the hard way.Maybe my favorite thing about them is I can eat them first thing in the morning or for lunch or for dinner or for a late night snack. I decided last month to never buy meat for home (unless I really wanted it) and just eat these. I'll eat meat out but the avocados at home make for a nice substitute.
How much do you pay for them? Are they Haas or the larger, more watery (?) type?

So I'm at the trader joe in April, see the 4 pack of avocado and think i'll pick this up and make some guac. What am I? a chef? No, I'm not. So at about the 4 day mark i realize my $3 purchase is about to go in the bin unless I do something like eat the things. I cut one in half, remove the pit, take the peel(?) off and apply a little salt. Wow. That's pretty good. i'll have another. And another. and another. And here i am 250 of the ####ers later.

My cholesterol dropped from 177 to 143 and from what doc says the good cholesterol went up(hdl?). I sleep better. Richard has been standing seemingly all the time. My poops slide out almost undetected. I met a friend out for drinks on preseason Monday, I was in this great mood. Why? It was a preseason Monday. Oh yeah, i've been choking down 2 avocados a day for 4 months.

Major selling points that the avocado community is missing out on.

I need no help with the 1st but hey sign me up.

How much do you pay for them? Are they Haas or the larger, more watery (?) type?
Trader joes sells Haas organic and not organic. I've gotten them at the local supermarket (ralphs) and to be honest i'm not sure what they are. I think the Ralph's (non-Haas?) have been more watery. Taste as good if not better. It's all about making sure they're ripe. Oh, if the peel doesn't come off easily after you quarter it, they're not ripe.eta...trader joe's has the Haas non organic 4 pack for $2.99, organic for $3.99. Ralph's (generics supermarket) was selling them for 99 cents each but no idea what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

I buy Whole Foods store-made Guac but such a rip off. never bought avocados there. $6.99 for the guac too much but I just like to eat it too much. Add in the felafel chips for $4.99 and your talking the most expensive but healthy good tasting chips and dip you can buy.

I buy Whole Foods store-made Guac but such a rip off. never bought avocados there. $6.99 for the guac too much but I just like to eat it too much. Add in the felafel chips for $4.99 and your talking the most expensive but healthy good tasting chips and dip you can buy.
:lmao: You're paying for someone making $15 an hour stacking apples in pyramid formations.

:lmao: You're paying for someone making $15 an hour stacking apples in pyramid formations.
They hired a bunch of hotties on 3rd&Fairfax. M y lord. TJ's just opened across the street though. Same corner as the Grove. Traffic jam every day all day.

The poll really goes with this thread. I *heart* it.

Tough choice, and against majority, but I have to go with Kid A.

They hired a bunch of hotties on 3rd&Fairfax. M y lord. TJ's just opened across the street though. Same corner as the Grove. Traffic jam every day all day.
You live in LA Nipsey? I'm pretty sure you can plant a tree.

You live in LA Nipsey? I'm pretty sure you can plant a tree.
I do but I'm pretty sure i can't.

What a horrible place to put that. I mean TJs is making money hand over fist there but yeah I can see the problem with 59 year old fringe citizens pulling in there as incoherent as humanly possible...I'm :lol: now but I would not want to be driving around that area. You add in everything at the Grove, what a mess.

Finally, a thread I can (salt and) sink my teeth into.
Saw the hottest milker in line at TJ last week. Checked her basket and it looked loaded with water crackers. Didn't know what to make of that but smiled.
I'm not familiar with this term but I can use my imagination which is probably better.
Kerry Marie down?
I prefer Chloe V myself.
I've thought about that sandwich.

What a horrible place to put that. I mean TJs is making money hand over fist there but yeah I can see the problem with 59 year old fringe citizens pulling in there as incoherent as humanly possible...I'm :lol: now but I would not want to be driving around that area. You add in everything at the Grove, what a mess.
TJ's putting another on san vicente and burton way just south of the beverly center. Where that fatburger used to be, they're building high end apartments/condos with a TJ's downstairs. My whole area is out of control. My buddy moved into a place on wilshire/9th street...4th floor and facing/can see the ocean from the balcony. Sick place to watch sunday football but I wouldn't want to pay the rent. And Donald Sterling owns the building. hahahahaha

Hhhmm, how can you tell if they are ripe?
I buy them when they are still hard and let them ripen in room temperature. Takes 1-2 days but they are always perfect. Put them in the fridge and they stay good for a few more days. :thumbup:If you cannot finish a whole one, leave the seed in the half and it won't discolor much.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:
I for one would like my poops at least a tad bit detectable.

I have been on a Avo kick myself as of late.

Made a salad of avo,valadia onion,black olive, tofu, tossed with fresh lime juice, garlic ,onion powder, pepper. Has to be somewhat better than french fries.

I saw a story on one of the news sites about an avocado farmer who ate like 3 a day, every day. He was 82. He looked like he was 40.

Excellent food. I believe the are a 'super food'. Now just mix in peeled steamed yams into your diet and you will live to 100. I put a dab of butter on mine, they are awesome.

Excellent food. I believe the are a 'super food'. Now just mix in peeled steamed yams into your diet and you will live to 100. I put a dab of butter on mine, they are awesome.
Avocados are one of my 3 perfect foods. The criteria is: If you had to eat a cat turd, what could you put on it that would make it palatable? The 3 foods are, in no particular order:BaconAvocadosCream Cheese

Avocados are one of my 3 perfect foods. The criteria is: If you had to eat a cat turd, what could you put on it that would make it palatable? The 3 foods are, in no particular order:BaconAvocadosCream Cheese
yes :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread