What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks trade Tarvaris Jackson to Buffalo (1 Viewer)

Doesn't surprise me the way Vince and Thigpen played in preseason.
I agree they've been pretty bad, but Jackson is hardly a rock-solid backup. And to bring him in 2 weeks before opening day, I'm curious to see how they handle this. I can't imagine he will be backup going into week 1, which means they'll have to free up an additional spot to keep a third QB.

Agree. Vince was brutal and Mike Lombardi said the other night that the generela thought by a lot of people is that he just simply doesn't want to play football enough to work for it (surprise, I know). Rah! Rah! Seahawks. Good job in getting anything for him while at the same time not wasting reps in camp on this guy. Overall, its a win-win cause the Bills actually upgraded.

Agree. Vince was brutal and Mike Lombardi said the other night that the generela thought by a lot of people is that he just simply doesn't want to play football enough to work for it (surprise, I know). Rah! Rah! Seahawks. Good job in getting anything for him while at the same time not wasting reps in camp on this guy. Overall, its a win-win cause the Bills actually upgraded.
Wow...hard to believe anyone would be saying Tarvaris is an upgrade from Vince Young...but I do agree.

'Shawn said:
Right? hard to believe tarvaris is an upgrade for anyone...
He did go 7-7 last year with the majority of it played with a torn pec. I'm not saying you only go by record, but there's a little something to it for sure.The biggest issue with Tarvaris was that he only throws to guys who he sees open. He can't anticipate for the life of him. Having said that, he's very athletic and will make some great throws, along with some mind-bogglers.

'Shawn said:
He did go 7-7 last year with the majority of it played with a torn pec. I'm not saying you only go by record, but there's a little something to it for sure.The biggest issue with Tarvaris was that he only throws to guys who he sees open. He can't anticipate for the life of him. Having said that, he's very athletic and will make some great throws, along with some mind-bogglers.
Yeah i just dont like his playstyle and inability to read defenses

Tarvaris was a weak starting QB, but he's one of the best backups in the league. Nice move for Buffalo.

Yeah i just dont like his playstyle and inability to read defenses
I couldn't agree more with you. While there are fans here locally that really admire his toughness last season, I can't find a single one that thinks we're going in the wrong direction at the position.

So Chan sends a 7th for him, Buddy hated giving the 7th for him, Sign T-Jackson to a deal, move down with the Rams, Buddy gets the 7th round pick back. Cut T-jax.

Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread