What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (2 Viewers)

In a league where most QBs get drafted so ya gotta have two because you know the WW will be sparse...

Do you think Bradford/Mariani combo is a good idea?

I'm a fan of Bradford and the Titans so I'm fighting homerism. They're both available late enough to really make this appealing to me
Titans have a week four bye. What odds is Vegas offering that Bradford lasts that long?
Well if you have this thinking, you're not picking Bradford.

I'm not going to say you're wrong for thinking so or anything but no one is drafting a player for 4 weeks.
Point being is if you draft a guy like Bradford you darn well better make sure you have a more reliable backup than a rookie on a bad team. Those in super-flex or 2-QB leagues will need to pay a premium for Sanchez kind of diminishing the value of getting Bradford late. Honestly all Bradford owners need to strongly consider picking up Sanchez.
This is just poor team management. There's 32-40 QBs people like for differing reasons, just don't draft Bradford then.

If you need a very good backup and mark sanchez then you wasted your pick on Bradford.

This just reads like someone forced you to take someone you don't like so let's cover that.

Regardless of ability Bradford represents a complicated proposition, more so than most other QBs.
Yes, absolutely, but if someone likes the guy, then they do. If in preseason, that Eagles offense looks enough like Oklahoma's, he's going to raise a lot of eyebrows this summer.

In a league where most QBs get drafted so ya gotta have two because you know the WW will be sparse...

I'm a fan of Bradford and the Titans so I'm fighting homerism. They're both available late enough to really make this appealing to me
Titans have a week four bye. What odds is Vegas offering that Bradford lasts that long?
Well if you have this thinking, you're not picking Bradford.

I'm not going to say you're wrong for thinking so or anything but no one is drafting a player for 4 weeks.
Point being is if you draft a guy like Bradford you darn well better make sure you have a more reliable backup than a rookie on a bad team. Those in super-flex or 2-QB leagues will need to pay a premium for Sanchez kind of diminishing the value of getting Bradford late. Honestly all Bradford owners need to strongly consider picking up Sanchez.
This is just poor team management. There's 32-40 QBs people like for differing reasons, just don't draft Bradford then.

If you need a very good backup and mark sanchez then you wasted your pick on Bradford.

This just reads like someone forced you to take someone you don't like so let's cover that.
Not sure what you are talking about. If you don't have any concern about Bradford's durability then more power to you, but I imagine you are in the minority. You have a gambler's mentality, the fact that you seem to be considering a rookie on a bad team to team up with a guy like Bradford (who I expect to play very well in Kelly's system) seems to be a pretty clear demonstration of that.

Rotoworld:

Coach Chip Kelly said Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez are openly competing for the starting quarterback job.

If all goes according to plan, Bradford will win the job with ease. The Eagles dealt Nick Foles and a second-round pick for Bradford and his $13 million salary. He's not going to sit behind Sanchez if healthy. But Bradford has yet to participate in any 11-on-11 drills with his new team, allowing Sanchez to take all the first-team reps. Sanchez has reportedly looked impressive in his second year in Kelly's system. The plan is for Bradford (torn ACL) to be cleared for the start of camp.

Related: Mark Sanchez

Source: CSN Philly
Jun 23 - 1:22 PM

Fantasy-wise if he gets hurt again and Sanchez starts he'll do well. I hope it's Bradford, love his accuracy but will he stay healthy behind that line?

If you're looking for a late QB combo, I'd go Bradford/Cutler or Bradford/Palmer. Both of those guys are available late and will offer less variance in games that they start.
I like Bradford/Flacco better too or maybe Bradford/Bridgewater.

Bradford was on like 4000/32/9 pace last time he was healthy. Nobody on the sidelines is going to "fix" that. The Eagles as a unit weren't that good last year. :shrug:

If Bradford needs fixing again, it'll be Dr. James Andrews, which is really the whole question mark in the first place.

Bradford was on like 4000/32/9 pace last time he was healthy. Nobody on the sidelines is going to "fix" that. The Eagles as a unit weren't that good last year. :shrug:

If Bradford needs fixing again, it'll be Dr. James Andrews, which is really the whole question mark in the first place.
Getting away from St Louis fixes a lot of that.

Yeah 5th overall offense and 3rd overall points (still 8th when you take out all the DST TDs). All with a backup QB for 8 games. Imagine what they'll do now.

I understand the concerns with Bradford staying healthy - but as far as production goes, if he's on the field he'll be a weekly Top-8 QB. Since Chip has taken over, every starting QB has been a quality fantasy option, even the Sanchise.

Love him as a #2 QB with huge upside this year.

Rotoworld:

Sam Bradford (knee) feels better than he was expecting through the early days of camp.

"I thought my knee would hold up, but I wasn't sure," Bradford admitted. "But my knee feels great right now." Coach Chip Kelly has a reputation for being ahead of the curve on keeping his players healthy, but Bradford will be his toughest challenge yet. Bradford has some serious upside in Kelly's offense if he can stay on the field.

Watch Video – Is Bradford a 2015 sleeper?

Source: Reuben Frank on Twitter
Aug 6 - 2:44 PM
Sam Bradford: I wasn't sure my knee would hold up

Rotoworld:

CSN Philly reports Sam Bradford is "stringing together some pretty good practices."

Per reporter Geoff Mosher, Bradford threw with "more confidence than he’d shown since the start of camp" on Friday. Teammate Lane Johnson said he hadn't seen a quarterback with Bradford's accuracy in "quite some time." Concerns over Bradford's twice surgically-repaired left knee appear to be fading.

Source: CSN Philly

Aug 8 - 9:14 AM

I can't find it, but there was an interesting article on some IT type "toy" Eagles trainers use to monitor players. I'm not sure if they "shoot them" or wave a wand over them but it'll give a heat pattern, heart rate and some other things.

They can bench a player, send him to lockerroom if he is truly overheated before heat exhaustion kicks in.
The thing that made me hmmmm was that an injured area is often hotter than the rest of the body. So theoretically if someone has a tight hot hammy, he is close to injury. They could tell him to cool off, then stretch with a trainer etc.

This is hard to practice. Can't exactly keep interrupting practice to scan people and/or be all over the field.

It's unclear how fast an injured area goes from hot to injury. All this heat and injury stuff seems theoretical with lots of research to show they're on the right track but yet nothing definitive yet.

I liked an idea suggested to setup an XRay type walk through scanner they all walk through as they leave the field between plays
Regardless this sounds like the start of some pretty cool technology. and I thought it was interesting that techie Chip gets this when the team signs an expensive injury prone QB

I can't find it, but there was an interesting article on some IT type "toy" Eagles trainers use to monitor players. I'm not sure if they "shoot them" or wave a wand over them but it'll give a heat pattern, heart rate and some other things.

They can bench a player, send him to lockerroom if he is truly overheated before heat exhaustion kicks in.

The thing that made me hmmmm was that an injured area is often hotter than the rest of the body. So theoretically if someone has a tight hot hammy, he is close to injury. They could tell him to cool off, then stretch with a trainer etc.

This is hard to practice. Can't exactly keep interrupting practice to scan people and/or be all over the field.

It's unclear how fast an injured area goes from hot to injury. All this heat and injury stuff seems theoretical with lots of research to show they're on the right track but yet nothing definitive yet.

I liked an idea suggested to setup an XRay type walk through scanner they all walk through as they leave the field between plays

Regardless this sounds like the start of some pretty cool technology. and I thought it was interesting that techie Chip gets this when the team signs an expensive injury prone QB
Is it definitive that areas of the body that are about to get injured get hotter leading up to injury? It seems to me that an already-injured area would be hot due to swelling, etc. That doesn't mean it gets hot before the injury.

Is it definitive that areas of the body that are about to get injured get hotter leading up to injury? It seems to me that an already-injured area would be hot due to swelling, etc. That doesn't mean it gets hot before the injury.
Another likely interpretation is that the heat indicates a site that has been mildly "damaged" but which would recover quickly...whereas further exertion might cause further injury before macro-symptoms made detection obvious. Could still be preventative even if it ends up being merely an "early warning system" for injuries.

It seemed more like a theory that had a lot of confirming data yet still wasn't 100%

I wish I read medical sites. I thought it was so easy to find in my web history. There was a pic of a muscle and a part of the muscle was red while the rest was orange.

I believe they called this a point of distress.

Admittedly, I didn't understand the head diagrams and/or the explanation of it. The enlarged one discussing heat as a whole was easy to understand but when they zoomed in, I was lost.

In the video the guy's arm is orange and when he "makes a muscle" with his bicep, that turns red, then in a bit, it's all orange again.

Following along with this, if there was a spot on the bicep still red while the rest evened out to orange, that would be a distress point.

A trainer would give this guy's bicep some attention, probably RICE and then they'd check it the next day

While they are using it on the field, the diagnostic description was all about in a doc's office

ETA the point seems to be to recognize before a tear

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

The Philly Inquirer's Jeff McLane has heard the Eagles feel comfortable holding Sam Bradford out of their preseason opener because they are "ecstatic" about his play so far in training camp.

McLane believes it might be "time to sound the alarm" if Bradford is also held out of Philly's second preseason game, but it sounds like Bradford is missing Sunday's exhibition opener in large part because the Eagles have seen enough of him to know he's their answer at quarterback. Expect Mark Sanchez to start Sunday's day game, and for it to be mopped up by Matt Barkley and Tim Tebow.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter
Aug 14 - 1:24 PM

Rotoworld:

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski insists Sam Bradford is "absolutely not 100 percent."

Kempski has taken a strong stance that although Bradford has impressed with his passing, he has done almost nothing in terms of movement in camp. Kempski has taken Chip Kelly holding Bradford out of the preseason opener as a sign that the Eagles agree with his practice observations. "I think he can go," Kelly said of Bradford. "I know he's disappointed, but it's just my call."

Source: Jimmy Kempski on Twitter
Aug 14 - 2:06 PM

Users who are viewing this thread